Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

New England Tikiphile Events

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 1,095 replies

S

What about a weeknight, such as Wednesday, that we have an open invite at the sunken bar at Kowloon? Starting in November, perhaps? Tuesdays and Thursdays don't work for me, but Wednesday would on a relatively regular basis. Any interest?

Suzanne

H

Would the Kowloon meet-ups be for FOM only, or would they be open to "extended ohana"?

S

Everyone! All the ohana. :) Especially you, Hibiscus!

Suzanne

B

2 hour drive (+/-) to Kowloon prob means you'll never see me on a wed night.

The 18th however, is a saturday. 4pm. All are welcome.

H

Yay! Thanks, **suzanne **! While we probably wouldn't be able to make it every single Wednesday (or which ever day gets picked), it would be a blast to meet up when we can.

S

Sully, we'll miss ya. But Saturdays rock too and I'll be there for as many of those as possible too, natch. In the meantime we'll shout out at least one "Bwana" in your honor on the inaugural Wed Nite at Kowloon.

Hibiscus, I would love to get this going as soon as I get back from California. Maybe toward the end of Oct or in early November. Do you live in Boston?

Who else wants to come out for Sunken Bar cocktails? I need at least one other person to be present in order to order a frickin' Scorpion bowl!

Suzanne

Still entertained that Zazz can be purchased at Stop and Shop. Oh, the wonders of Boston.

[ Edited by: suzanne 2008-10-02 12:34 ]

Suz, While your in L.A. talk to King Kukelele about a one night only northeast edition of the Floating Luau. Just feel him out to see if there is any interest... get back to me on it.. I've got an idea.
A Greeeeaaaat idea!
Jp-dog

B

I need at least one other person to be present in order to order a frickin' Scorpion bowl!

No you dont. Make friends with bartender. You can get bowl for 4 with only 2 of ya...or for 2 with only one of ya. If you have to, lie & say your friends are on their way...just running late...this is a great way to get a bowl for 4 for just yourself.....a fantastic way to ring in a evening!!! lol

I will def try to get to Kowloon on a Wednesday Night! Just say it is sooooooo.

S

Sully, you kill me. He already knows me well enough to come to my table while I'm having dinner and ask, "You're here alone again?"

hahahaha.

The point is to SHARE the Scorp Bowl with you kids. So let's do it.

Jon, if I should for some odd reason run into King K, I'll pull on his coat for ya. But maybe you should just drop him a PM? While you're at it, PM me and tell me all this wild and crazy stuff you've got up your sleeve! And YES, come out to Kowloon on Wednesdays!

How is Oct 29th for the first night? Can folks make that?

Suzanne

H

Quote:

Hibiscus, I would love to get this going as soon as I get back from California. Maybe toward the end of Oct or in early November. Do you live in Boston?

I'm in Somerville, so close enough. We *might * be able to do the 29th. Early November won't work, 'cause we're going to - dun, dun, duuuuun! - Kauai and the Big Island!

S

!!!!!!!! LUCKY!

I want to go to Hawai'i so badly! You'll have to take lots and lots of photos!

I will be in CA until the 20th. I think trying to go to Kowloon for me on the 22nd would be madness, but the next week seems do-able.

I hope I'll see you there!

Suzanne

H

Thanks, **suzanne **. Right this second it looks like Saturday the 18th might work better for us, but that could change. We'll see what happens closer to the dates.

I'm pretty excited about our trip. It's a slightly-delayed 1st anniversary trip (we got engaged on Oahu, honeymooned in Maui, and now the Kauai/Big Island double-header). And as for photos - Barry is a huge photography buff, and I do some video, so after every trip we put together a whole dvd extravaganza with chapters, a soundtrack, animation, and credits. Because apparently we are gigantic nerds. :wink:

We also do a little quick 'n dirty Shutterfly photo book to show around to people who are interested, so we don't lose all our friends!

S

Hibiscus, do them both if you like (and you can). My idea of a weekly meetup isn't intended to be an either-or sort of situation; quite the contrary. I actually want to see MORE of all of you (call me crazy).

:D

Suzanne

S

From now until May I can make almost any weekend day. But you'll probably never see me on a weeknight, as I avoid Rt 128 rush hour traffic whenever possible. 12 years of running from Salem Ma to Waltham for work. Yuch.

I'm really going to miss New Tiki. It was right on the way home. :(

B

Just another reason why you need to build that home bar scottes.

I go home TO a bar every night. And its always Happy Hour at the Lono.

Oh, and the Lono is quite a bar! If it were in town here, I'd have no reason to go anywere else. The only reason I don't go there every day is the driving. Which actually keeps me from going to Kowloon that often too. But I'd like to make it out there some nights.

S

I'd happily come home to a bar like the Lono every night too... that's quite a place you've got there!

As far as the driving is concerned - I don't even own a car and I can still get there. :wink:

Suzanne

Where is the Lono?

On 2008-10-03 08:32, Bargoyle wrote:
Just another reason why you need to build that home bar scottes.

I go home TO a bar every night. And its always Happy Hour at the Lono.

S

On 2008-10-03 18:25, lildeuce32 wrote:
Where is the Lono?

The world-famous Lono Lounge is Sully's home bar. Very nice, too.

S

Here's the reminder:

Wednesday Oct 29, 7ish
Kowloon
48 Broadway (Rt. 1 North)
Saugus, MA 01906
(781) 233-0077

I will be at the Sunken Bar. Come and join me!

I'm sending this reminder now, as I'll be in CA for the next two weeks. I hope to see as many of you as possible on Wed the 29th!

Suzanne

J

I'll be there on the 29th even if I have to ride piggyback on a capuchin monkey to get there.

B

Dont forget, Oct 18th, 4pm @ the Kowloon.

Also, keep the first weekend of May open on your calendar for Tiki retreat, and NETT 3D is looking like Sept 18-20.

In addition, your local Queequeg Chapter of the FOM may have a special surprise in July.

Big things happening in 09. Big things.

Right on! I better start saving now.

On 2008-10-08 14:42, Bargoyle wrote:

T

On 2008-10-08 14:42, Bargoyle wrote:
Dont forget, Oct 18th, 4pm @ the Kowloon.

Also, keep the first weekend of May open on your calendar for Tiki retreat, and NETT 3D is looking like Sept 18-20.

In addition, your local Queequeg Chapter of the FOM may have a special surprise in July.

Awww any chance on different dates for NETT 3D? Turns out that's the Jewish New Year dates :0(

Yeah, Herr Himmler. What's the deal with that? Do we have to blue-eyed blondes to go NETT3 too?

B

Thats the weekend of Rosh?

hmmm...I dont think it can be changed. We're doing something a little different for NETT 3 and this was the one weekend that was open and affordable.

There's Beth El & Sinai temples nearby for services, although food & Shomer Shabbat might be an issue.

I'll pm ya & we'll see if we can work it out.

I've got it! Rosh Ha Tiki Shana!!!! It's all about Kosher rums, conch shofars, and more things to celebrate! What could be more spectacular than that?

and our event cocktail--the B'nai Tai! I'm in.

B

The pig for the Luau is kosher, right?

Oh, and we're gonna have Pappy's Bris on the Sunday morning of NETT 3.

you DON'T wanna miss that.

Its an extra $10, and those with weak stomachs or heart conditions should not attend.

And just so you know, that extra $10 goes to to Mohel. He only works for tips....

Thank you very much, I'll be here all week. Try the veal!!!!!

On 2008-10-09 09:22, Bargoyle wrote:
The pig for the Luau is kosher, right?

Oh, and we're gonna have Pappy's Bris on the Sunday morning of NETT 3.

you DON'T wanna miss that.

Its an extra $10, and those with weak stomachs or heart conditions should not attend.

Please note I am avoiding asking any rude or inappropriate Bris related questions.

But, speaking of Bris's weren't we waiting for a new arrival from the tribe of Pappy the Sailor? Or did I miss the announcement?

Thanks for thinking of Mrs. Pappy. She's been in a holding pattern for days. She's going to get induced on Tuesday if baby doesn't come before then. It's so late, it must be a girl.
(Somebody had to say it.)

Incidentally, I posted in that other forum but Mrs. Thunderlips had a baby girl on the Friday of NETT! (Sept. 19) Congrats to Dio and Carrie!

S

On 2008-10-09 08:40, The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:
conch shofars...

hahaha!

Miss you guys! Wish you were on the SF crawl with us!

Suzanne

On 2008-10-07 09:13, suzanne wrote:
Wednesday Oct 29, 7ish
Kowloon

I don't think we will make it down on the 29th but we promised to meet up with SouthBamaTiki at Kowloon on Sunday, Nov. 2nd so we'll be arriving, um, a little late.

-Rev

[ Edited by: rev_thumper 2008-10-13 06:55 ]

S

On 2008-10-07 09:13, suzanne wrote:
Here's the reminder:

Wednesday Oct 29, 7ish
Kowloon
48 Broadway (Rt. 1 North)
Saugus, MA 01906
(781) 233-0077

I will be at the Sunken Bar. Come and join me!

I'm sending this reminder now, as I'll be in CA for the next two weeks. I hope to see as many of you as possible on Wed the 29th!

Suzanne

Here's another reminder. :wink: I'll be there, even if all by my lonesome, ordering scorpion bowls solo...

Day after tomorrow! C U There!

Suzanne

T

7 ish? I need more options! See ya there!

J

I'm having serious Kowloon withdrawals (make that tiki withdrawals in general). Hope you had a sweet time!

S

Then come up next week! Same tiki place, same tiki channel!

Besides, there are Crab Rangoon there just calling your name. Joooooooohnman! Joooooooohnmannnn!!

Suzanne

K

Or come Sunday at 5!

Yes, come hang at Kowloon on Sunday 11/2 at 5pm... we are showing some hospitality to visitors from south of the Mason-Dixon line.

BK

5:00 Sunday I'll be arriving at Logan. Destination: VEGAS BABY!

On 2008-11-01 20:40, Big Kahuna wrote:
Destination: VEGAS BABY!

Jealous! I'm seriously craving a visit to Sin City.

S

BUMP!

Kowloon - Tomorrow nite (Wednesday) Nov 5th!

I'll be there but a little later this time; maybe between 8 and 8:30pm. Meet at the Sunken Bar! C U there!

Suzanne

J

Oh I could hear those rangoons a'calling Suzanne.

Sickness has stricken the Johnman down as of late. Unfortunately I'm not supposed to drink (AHHH!!!!) for the next couple of weeks due to the medication I'm taking. FUN FUN FUN!!! I'll be rearing to go again soon. Hopefully in time for the next QQ meeting :wink:

T

Because none of the others ever read this thread. Wandered out to the Hu Ke Lau today & the new cracked coconuts are in! They are very cute in person.

Coconut

Beth

J

Wow - that is a way cool mug.
Thanks for posting Beth!

S

Cooool!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 1095 replies