Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

New England Tikiphile Events

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 1,095 replies

THANKS LUKE! I just grabbed one!

Mahalo, got mine too!

I love this Town!
I love This Team!
Game Two is ON!

GO RED SOX!

S

Awesome photos!

Suzanne

Ok, Sox are done...can I get a good night's sleep now?

Now its GO PATS!!!

And the Celts look like they're not gonna be too shabby either.....now if we can just get those Bruins in line... lol

Anyway, figured I'd share the lastest artwork for the Lono, designed by Sam Gambino.

Do we need to have another party now? To "break in" the logo? lol

On 2007-10-29 11:10, Bargoyle wrote:

Anyway, figured I'd share the lastest artwork for the Lono, designed by Sam Gambino.

That's great!

NICE!!!!!

K

Your logo is fabulous. And I agree with your "GO PATS" sentiment!

OUTSTANDING logo and artwork Bargoyle - the Lono's one happening pad.

Sweeeeeeettttt looking logo!!!

S

I wish that I had a home bar so I could have a cool logo. :(

WOW Bargoyle, a Gambino original! Funny, I was checking out his Munsters portraits earlier this week...

Happy Halloween, NE Tikiphiles!

If anyone requires some swanky, spooky tunes tonight, check out this week's Retro Cocktail Hour on NPR- great Halloween Tiki Bar listening!

http://kpr.ku.edu/retro/listen.html

J

Johnman peeking in (sorry been WAY to freakin' busy lately). NICE logo for the Lono Bargoyle!

D

Kowloon sounds good. And right here is as good a place to communicate as any. Well, we got RI, CT and MA covered. Hmmm... you'd think it would be easier to find tiki around here with the whole state to myself.

Dekano

Lapruebacigars

B

Is dekano a bot? His two posts, all his done is copy & paste the first or second post of the thread....his reply above is from pappy's post (#2) on this thread from years ago....

Moderator??

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-11-08 13:30 ]

Good catch. When I read that, I thought: "That sounds like something brilliant." Now I think he may have a heart of pure evil like a Cylon.

B

Well, he IS selling cigars, so he cant be all bad.

I'd say he's more like the cylon with the heart of gold....the old cylons....metal bodies with the red Knight Rider eye sweeping back & forth.

Not these new hot chick cylons that give me naughty thoughts.......soooo naughty.

BK

What's a cylon? Isn't that one of those ugly little cars that looks like a toaster!?!?

Nope. You're thinking of the Buick Toastmaster.

S

Hey, don't mock that car.

All that chrome... 4-on-the-floor... Variable darkness setting....

That was one sweet ride.

Hey Scottes -
I hear you are thinking about a visit to the New Tiki on Dec. 15th.
It sounds great to me. (Lilikoio too?)

Anyone else for the date?

Rapscallion

S

On 2007-11-30 05:50, Rapscallion wrote:
Hey Scottes -
I hear you are thinking about a visit to the New Tiki on Dec. 15th.
It sounds great to me. (Lilikoio too?)

Anyone else for the date?

Rapscallion

This is shot down already. Several can't make it, and my wahine is kinda demanding my attention for 1 weekend before Xmas. She's not demanding yet, but if I don't free that weekend up for her she will be plenty crazy angry with me.

Yeah, we're pretty much done till after holidays at the Lono as well. Got three (3) family Xmas gatherings, 3 pats home games, 2 business xmas parties, and a whole ton of shopping to get in.

Not to mention the new dog we got last week!!

Thinking Kowloon in Jan, if we can swing it.

Understandable. Looks I'll be the lone sufferin' bastard at the bar...
Rapscallion.

B

Raps, & everyone else....

Although I cant be there, Waitiki is playing the Enormous Room on Dec 16th.

There's no reason why everyone else cant go! What better way to shake those winter doldrums than with some tasty libations to warm your belly, and some live exotica to warm your soul?

Raise one for me.

J

Whats the enormous room?

The Enormous Room is a smallish club in an upstairs space in Central Square in Cambridge. A very hip space, lots of plush pillows and sofas, and low tables. Good drinks, although not Tiki in nature; last time we were there, the best drink of the night was the Bad Babysitter. Wow!

S

The Enormous Room is pretty cool. Lounge-a-rific.

S

So is anyone going to see Waitiki at the Enormous Room on Sunday?

I'm thinking about going, though it depends on the weather and the road conditions.
We're supposed to be in for some of the nasty stuff sat night through sunday.
What time does waitiki take to the stage?

S

9:00. The weather should be over by then. Supposedly.

S

I just got an email that the show has been canceled. Bummer.

Now I want to know where those will be Sunday night, because I'm sure they'll be imbibing rum and tiki cocktails...

J

No new news for you but I just wanted to wish all the New England Ohana a Merry (FILL IN HOLIDAY OF CHOICE HERE)! 2007 was a big year for us - from the first major North East tiki event (NETT) to a visit from the Bum himself. Wow is all I can say. Thanks to all who made this one extra special year!

Santa's coming soon (meaning I need to lug presents up from the cellar) so I'm signing out now.

Mahalo all!
Johnman

Merry Christmas Johnman and to the miss! Have a great great day and hope Santa is good to you, and I hope your shaker is filled with Navy Grog!
Merry Christmas to All the Northeast Ohana! You guys and gals are gggggrrrrrreat!

Merry Christmas,
Jon

B

Happy Festivus to all.

the Feats of Strength have tired me out (as well as 3 xmas celebrations, a bday party, and a football game)

Hope you all had a Happy.

Bargoyle sleep now.

Also, forgot to mention yesterday, meat & greet at the New Tiki on Saturday, Jan 5th at around 3pm.

The majority of the Queequeg Chapter of the FOM will be there, you should be too!

C'mon out and hoist a few to celebrate the begining of '08.

Also, I think they'll have the wildcard games on TV for those who are interested....for those who aren't, there's the cocktails, food, & good people. Plus I'll try to get Brian to pre-load the jukebox with exotica.

MH

I'm not in the FOM does that mean i cant come!?

S

Everyone is welcome! Heck yeah!

All FOM members, initiates, prospects, and others are welcome!!

Even if you dont know what a FOM is, you should come.

Its a party. Break out your drinking shoes, throw on something festive & come chug rum!!!

On 2007-12-26 12:59, Bargoyle wrote:
All FOM members, initiates, prospects, and others are welcome!!

Even if you dont know what a FOM is, you should come.

Whether you want to BE a Moai or just look like one...

B

I gotta start putting my hands in my pockets when I tell a story.

I always seem to look like I'm having Joe Cocker-esq convulsions.

ps. who's got the nfl network and is having the Bargoyle over to watch the Pats game this Saturday???

I may have to buy the damn channel myself! If I do, then I guess I'M having the party. lol

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-12-26 14:21 ]

New Tiki on the 5th!!!? It sounds like a great way to start the new year.
(And maybe build up some F.O.M. karma.)
I'll be there (hopefully Lilikoi too).

Until then: Hauoli Makahiki Hou to all the New England ohana.

Rapscallion

Sully, you probably already know the game is on regular TV now. I guess my junior senator is good for something

(edited to remove partisan rancor)

[ Edited by: pappythesailor 2007-12-27 08:45 ]

B

On 2007-12-27 08:45, pappythesailor wrote:
I guess my junior senator is good for something

I call mine "The Little General"

On 2007-12-27 08:10, Rapscallion wrote:
New Tiki on the 5th!!!? It sounds like a great way to start the new year.
(And maybe build up some F.O.M. karma.)
I'll be there (hopefully Lilikoi too).

Until then: Hauoli Makahiki Hou to all the New England ohana.

Rapscallion

Mecca lecca hi lecca hiney ho!!!

and a

Mecca lecca hi mecca chuney ho!!!

to you

Hey, I already checked with Rain, and he won't be able to join us. He'll be in Rome.
I'm assuming that's Rome, Italy, not Rome, Upstate New York.

..sb

On 2007-12-28 10:09, Bargoyle wrote:
and a

Mecca lecca hi mecca chuney ho!!!

to you

OMG I nearly sprayed my laptop when I saw this! Classic

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 1095 replies