Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

New England Tikiphile Events

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 1,095 replies

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 New England Ohana! I'm glad I know you all, and look forward to seeing you all at all the 2008 events! Love ya...
Jon

C

Happy New Year Guys!! Just a quick post for Central CT types...A new restaurant in Vernon near Reins Deli has a "Islander" lounge. I stopped in a couple weeks ago but they didn't have a liquor permit yet. He said 3 weeks or so. I didn't peek into lounge cause I want the whole experience when I go. maybe we can pick a date and try to meet for drinks and snacks.

Later,
Mark

B

I stopped in at the Top Fuji/Islander yesterday for lunch.

Its a japanese habachi steak house, where they cook the stuff right in front of you & flip the shrimp off the grill into your mouth. They also have a huge sushi selection. Fantastic food.

Unfortunately, they STILL cant serve booze, and the Islander part of it remains closed.

When it DOES open, however, Im thinking we need a gathering. Dinner around the grill, drinks in the lounge, and nightcaps at the Lono.

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2008-01-01 08:16 ]

Now THAT sounds like a plan! I call the space under the pinball machines again for crashy-crash time!

Its a japanese habachi steak house, where they cook the stuff right in front of you & flip the shrimp off the grill into your mouth.

Oooh goodie! I've always wanted to have a hot shrimp flipped right into my mouth.
Can't wait.
Let the good times roll.
Rapscallion

J

ALOHA and a big HAPPY NEW YEAR (5 days late) to all of you. I can't make it out tonight but I may be up for something later this month. I think I saw a thread for the 19th/20th posted?? I'm stopping off to that topic next...

S

And the 29th - Waitiki at the Enormous Room, which is a pretty cool place. No chairs. All couches or big cushions and pillows on raised platforms and such. Nice lounging.

B

How many people would be interested in a mini-NETT sometime in March or April?

It would be very low key...no swag, so frills. A bus & mostly stops that Wont be on the Nett '08 (the ones that are too far out of the way...the cape, etc).

Not sure of cost. It would just be whatever the bus costs divided by # of attendees. BYOB for the bus and a day of touring.

Just curious.

B

To continue with the thought from above....

Im not throwing a myself a Birthday party this year...well, not at the house at least...I'll be at the Mai Kai....you're all invited too!!!

Anyway, I figured maybe I'd just throw Bargoyle's Brithday Bash Bus trip together.

We can always get the big limo bus with the dance floor & full wet bar & disco lights & fog & stripper poles & flat screen tvs, etc etc.... now THAT would be make for one cheesy good time.

SO, yeah....just gauging interest. If there isnt any, I may just do it on a really small scale with a limo and a select few.....Or just goto Foxwoods.

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2008-01-09 09:05 ]

Just as long as we hit Tiki Garden.

J

The bus trip sounds pretty cool Bargoyle. I'm sure I'll be very broke in Mar/Apr though. We're going to Puerto Rico next month and I'm sure we'll drop a mint while we're there. If the costs aren't too bad I'm game!

Ahh, the 29th at the Enormous Room. That sounds like it could be one awesome time. I'll have to see what is on our list here at home.

B

since johnman brought it up, costs should be around $30 to $40. Hoping closer to the $30 range.

And while Tiki Garden was on my short list of places to hit that dont open until 4pm, it didnt make the cut. Sorry.

I dont want to give away the stops I have in mind, 'cause then you'll know they're off the list for the NETT...and we arent quite ready to make that announcement, but I promise you, these are not second rate joints....they just dont fit the '08 NETTs geographic scope.

K

On 2008-01-09 08:48, Bargoyle wrote:

Depends on the weekend; March is pretty much booked, but several weekends in April are doable.

On 2008-01-09 10:54, kristiki wrote:

On 2008-01-09 08:48, Bargoyle wrote:

Depends on the weekend; March is pretty much booked, but several weekends in April are doable.

Same here - definitely interest, just depends on the timing.

T

I'm game as long as it doesn't happen during some weird random Holiday time for me!

Beth

S

I'm in. Whenever, wherever.

CaptainQuad and I could also be up for April--March kind of sucks at this point.

B

Started a seperate topic for NETT Jr.

R
Rain posted on Wed, Mar 12, 2008 7:44 AM

So who from the New England garrison is going to Hukilau this year? We're all reservationed up and ready to go.

K

On 2008-03-12 07:44, Rain wrote:
So who from the New England garrison is going to Hukilau this year? We're all reservationed up and ready to go.

Rev_thumper and I will be there.

R
Rain posted on Wed, Mar 12, 2008 8:47 PM

Cool, well that's four of us, at least.

B

hey Rain!!! been awhile man. how you been?

Jess & I will be there too!

S

You don't know me yet, but I'll be there!

:)

Suzanne

On 2008-03-12 20:47, Rain wrote:
Cool, well that's four of us, at least.

Well we're not quite NE, but we'll be there, along with a posse of NY/NJ folks.

~gina (& damian)

R
Rain posted on Thu, Mar 13, 2008 8:01 AM

schweet, we have a bunch, then!

yah, i've been AWOL with school, bargoyle. WE HATES IT! but i'll be done in June and i got an italy trip out of it in january, so i guess it's been worth it. (we'll see if the degree was worth it later.) tired of missing events. hopefully i'll see some of youse at thomas tew... too.

Ok, Tew was a wash.

How's everyone feel about a Kowloon meetup? May 31st...5pm?

Those new custom mugs from Tiki Farm might be in by then. Finally something the west coasters will have to beg US for!!!!! heh heh.

Ok, seriously. Kowloon. C'mon out. Its been too long since I've seen quiet a few of you.

Also, waitiki this weekend. I'll be there if anyone wants to join me at the bar.

I think the Kowloon is a stellar idea! I'm having withdrawals for pu-pu and zombies.

I'm feeling particularly poor lately. I just put $1000 into my car, and not for fun stuff.

I hope to be able to be there at the Kowloon, but if you don't see me, that's why.

--jon

Can't do Waitiki this weekend, lots of board meetings to attend Saturday. See you on May 31st!

I'm thinking about going to see Waitiki this Saturday. I've been sick since Monday. Depending on how I feel, I may catch the show. Kowloon isn't a bad idea either.

~Ramona

Kowloon sounds like a nice get together. I think I'll be there...

Rick

J

I'm booked until Hukilau unfortunately. Scouts, baseball and birthday parties for me and the family. I could so use a little WAITIKI and Kowloon fix though.

B

Ok, we're officially doing the Kowloon on the 31st at 5pm(ish).
Jess & I will be there, with special guests (hopefully) Scottes, Granite, the Mayor, Professah, Rev Thumper, SB (if his car runs) and others.

Cmon out people. Lets get tore up!!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Kowloon tomorrow!

5pm.

Kowloon.

Cmon!! Where's that New England Ohana spirit??

Is it me? Im using new deodorant, and I'm now 20% less obnoxious!

Cmon out people!!

They all PM'ed me and asked if I could say "Woo hoo!" for them to save bandwidth.

Woo hoo!

Every day is Earth Day here in New England.

C-H-O-W-D-A-H!

On 2008-05-30 14:54, rugbymatt wrote:
C-H-O-W-D-A-H!

Please have some respect.... we lost 60 tons of lobster today and are in mourning.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/05/30/boston.fire.ap/

-Rev

On 2008-05-30 19:24, rev_thumper wrote:

On 2008-05-30 14:54, rugbymatt wrote:
C-H-O-W-D-A-H!

Please have some respect.... we lost 60 tons of lobster today and are in mourning.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/05/30/boston.fire.ap/

-Rev

there are going to be some happy seagulls somewhere now.

Damn, there goes the price of lobster rolls!

B

Hi XIONG-Bot!!

Are YOU going to hukilau??

You should start a thread on it!!!

everyone else has!

B

Happy Independence Day!!!!

I'm gonna celebrate with Mai Tais & explosives. What could possibly go wrong!??! lol

Anyway, we should maybe do something, sometime.

I was thinking Luau Hale. Its a bit of a haul, out in the Berkshires, but its a good joint, and there's an outlet mall near by.

Might have to be an overnighter for me, but maybe we find a nice roach-motel near by & do the room crawl party thing as well? I dunno, I'm just spitballing here.

Maybe we'll do this in the late fall, after the NETT, and all the events, when everything has calmed down. Thoughts?

Those are all great ideas, so many, so enticing... Mai Tais and fireworks fresh from the border! Blowin shit up at the Lono! The Berkshires, and a roach motel room crawl! Does it get any better than that?

My usual hang is the Esplanade, the Pops experience, biking onto Storrow Drive, and setting up right on shore across from where the fireworks barge is anchored, and sitting right under the explosions. You can really feel the impact, and even the heat! Hard to beat that.

Maybe you could find some English guys and beat them up? Better yet find them and then find some French dudes and antagonize them to beat each other up. Happy Fourth of July!

B

Well, as a Mick, I'd go with the first option...That would satisfy both the Irish AND the American in me!! lol

I'm gonna shelve the Luau Hale idea until a later date....

We've had Nett Jr...that'll be Micro-Nett....1 stop only! :D

Wait! I was all for the Luau Hale idea.... I need a tiki fix. Bad. :(

J

Happy ID4 guys and girls. Hope the 4th finds you with all your fingers attached and wrapped around proper cocktails.
Have fun , whatever you do. Me... I'll deck out my vintage Schwinn green phantom with red white and blue and cruise Hampton Beach from sun up to sun down, with Fireworks booming overhead. Sure to find a Mai Tai and a Zombie at the Ocean Wok at some point in the day! Hey Granite - you're playing the Seashell stage July 15th and August 29th.. if I'm not mistaken, see you then! Soooo looking forward to Nett and proper Tiki-times.

S

I'll be setting off some fireworks on the 4th - we do a hell of a show for a campground - and I'll have a big old batch of Mai Tai waiting for me afterwards. Alcohol & Fireworks don't mix in my book - the correct order is Fireworks, then Alcohol. Yes, it's less fun, but watching a drunk set off a 4-inch shell isn't a good sight.

Be careful out there!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 1095 replies