Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

New England Tikiphile Events

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 1,095 replies

It'll be the Esplanade for me, which is not tiki in the least, but the drinks I'll be packin' will be!

I'm supposed to be going to a cookout this Friday, but they may not happen. Other than that, I have no plans. Sometimes I can see the fireworks from my house. Maybe I'll hang out at the water front and catch them there. I just don't like the traffic.

jpmartdog said:

"Hey Granite - you're playing the Seashell stage July 15th and August 29th.. if I'm not mistaken, see you then!"

Yes! We are!! Can't wait to see you. Our usual front man broke his leg so I'll be putting down the bass now and then and singing more. It'll be good to have more moral support. :)

Hey Sully,

How goes it? I sent you an email yesterday evening. I paid via paypal around May 1st for the NETT.

Could you please confirm that you have received it? It states that you did. I just want to make sure you have me marked down as paid.

Thanks a bunch!
~Ramona
:drink:

My Annual Tiki Party featuring a rum tasting run by Scottes is THIS Saturday!

If you're reading this, YOU'RE INVITED!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29026&forum=4&7

[ Edited by: The Granite Tiki 2008-07-21 20:35 ]

B

New Tiki in Westford.

Saturday, August 16th. 4pm

Drinks!!!
Food!!!!
Fellow Tiki freaks!!!
Locals!!!

You! You should be there too!

T

On 2008-07-25 07:29, Bargoyle wrote:
New Tiki in Westford.

Saturday, August 16th. 4pm

Drinks!!!
Food!!!!
Fellow Tiki freaks!!!
Locals!!!

You! You should be there too!

Yay! It's been too long since I've seen your smiling faces! I'm in!

Westford, MA?

I'll have to look into that one.

K

On 2008-07-25 19:51, lildeuce32 wrote:
Westford, MA?

I'll have to look into that one.

Yep, Westford, MA! A great opportunity to meet the local ohana.

August 16th? Damn! Wedding I don't want to go to, but have to! My kids are in it!

Is New Tiki on the 16th still happening?

B

Hell yeah its happening!

Cmon out Dio!!!!

Word!

T

I don't get out much so, I'm looking forward to this!

Beth

C

hello, (first post!) myself and toofastjim will be blowing through newtiki a little earlier that day on the way to the Lobster Stomp at Geno's Rock Club in Portland. If anyone might be there earlier in the day, reply, would love to say hello!
Cadyspen

B

Some of the Fraternal Order of Moai members will be there earlier in the day (around 2pm) and while that meeting is not open to the public, if you're there at the same time, I'm sure we can take some time off from our mysterious shenanigans to hang out & get to know you!

What time are you gonna be there?

Toofastjim of the Nebulas? Hmm... perhaps a hint as to the identity of the mysterious third band? The Professor is intrigued.

On 2008-08-15 09:38, Professor Pineapple wrote:
Toofastjim of the Nebulas? Hmm... perhaps a hint as to the identity of the mysterious third band? The Professor is intrigued.

There's only one Toofastjim that I know! I was just groovin' to the Nebulas disc the other day!! :)

C

We were there, and answering on my behalf, was feeling a little shy. We were the two that stayed only for two, on the left end facing the bar (at the bar). Mai Tai and a peculiar Head Hunter (which made me think he heard me wrong cause my head hunters don't have a lick of coconut in 'em). Yes, The Nebulas, and thanks for the kind comments! We won't be so shy next time. They did have some nice tiki-ware (I liked the little single size Scorpion bowls) and the frisky turtles at the entrance win them some brownie points in my book.

I posted this in music, but probably should have here.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29493&forum=11&0

T

Received this alert on myspace:

I'm sure most everyone has heard by now, the New Tiki will be closing on September 27, 2008, to make room for a new development that's in the planning stages.

Saturday, September 27th will be last hurrah at one of the area's oldest night spots.

Stop by and say goodbye!

& we'd like to thank everyone for their past patronage !

Another one bites the dust...

J

Well that just stinks. I'm glad we're going there on the tour!

New Tiki will be closing on September 27, 2008, to make room for a new development that's in the planning stages.

Phuck.

B

damn man.

We'll give her a good sendoff at the NETT on the 20th

Damn shame, just how long was New Tiki new. It seems like not that long ago I heard of it becoming New Tiki!

Glad we're going on Saturday. The least we can do is kill off their rum inventory.

T

On 2008-09-10 19:23, Bargoyle wrote:
damn man.

We'll give her a good sendoff at the NETT on the 20th

The super secret tour information? Are all 100 of us going?

On 2008-09-11 05:50, Tikisgrl wrote:

The super secret tour information? Are all 100 of us going?

Secret? Isn't New Tiki one of the tour stops?

B

Its listed as one of the stops on the website, so i assume we're going there at some point.

I think its the first stop. 9am. Mai Tai...breakfast of champions!

On 2008-09-11 07:31, Bargoyle wrote:
Its listed as one of the stops on the website, so i assume we're going there at some point.

LOL!
Talk about an eye opener. Never had a MT so early in the day, but after Friday nights room crawl, it might be just the hair of the dog that the doctor ordered.

[ Edited by: jwtiki 2008-09-11 08:31 ]

B

jw, are you joining us on the tiki tour?

i dont see your name on the master list. did you signup under a different name?

T

On 2008-09-11 07:31, Bargoyle wrote:

There's a website? No way? Why doesn't anyone tell me these things? Seriously never thought to look.

Beth

Yeah, Bargoyle, you would have me under another ID.
I'm guy from DC who picked up Burtopia's tix last Friday.
(Thanks again for the help)

B

gotcha!

cool. I was afraid someone had fallen through the cracks there.

We'll see ya in a week!

GREAT.....Just one more thing to be pissed off about.

With such a large tiki crowd coming on the 20th, they could make a real killing by offering to sell off some of their tiki inventory to interested NETTers. For example they could, let you keep some of the mugs for a few dollars more than the price of the drink. Other items in the place could small discreet tags on them so that interested persons could offer to buy item (for later pick up / shipping).

Just a thought, especially if this would help.

[ Edited by: jwtiki 2008-09-14 14:36 ]

B

While I agree JW, and will suggest it to the manager, I'd like to ask everyone to not be vultures over the items at the New Tiki. Also, I believe the contents & diner-ware have already been sold off, so it may be a moot point :( .

(*keep in mind that Bali Hai has Original Orchids mugs STILL IN STRAW in boxes!! Thats better than anything you'd get at New Tiki!)

Its just a shame that another one is biting it. New Tiki didnt exactly "get it", but the management liked us, and the food & drinks are pretty good. I always thought we could bring them around. We've given them some masks for the walls, and constantly bug them about more exotica in the jukebox.

Oh well. Just sad.

Last hurrah for the old girl this saturday. Be sure to tip well & spend $$. These folks are out of work in a week.

b.

I hope you are right about their inventory possibly being bought already. We can only hope that means someone in the region may be opening a restaurant with a tiki theme elsewhere. (slim hope, but better than none)

Yo, New England Ohana...... any one have their finger on a local connection for passion fruit syrup... I need some for my NETT 2 room crawl offerings. I didn't order it on time via internet. oops. Please let me know if you may know where to procure some before Friday. or may be even one of you could pick up a couple bottles.. :) :) :) and I could pay you for them on Friday! my fingers are crossed that someone may have an option for me! Thanks all!
Jon M

On 2008-09-15 14:54, jpmartdog wrote:
Yo, New England Ohana...... any one have their finger on a local connection for passion fruit syrup...

Sent you a PM...

T

This just in from the New Tiki:

ONLY TWO THURSDAYS LEFT AT THE NEW TIKI!!

LETS MAKE THEM COUNT

STOP IN TONIGHT FOR GREAT DRINKS, KARAOKE, DANCING, THE BEST MUSIC AND MORE WITH DJ STEVE!

ALSO MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR THE NEW TIKI SILENT AUCTION, AND TAKE HOME YOUR OWN PERSONAL PIECE OF THE NEW TIKI

Guess he should make some money off of it right?

S

I'm sure most everyone has heard by now, the New Tiki will be closing on September 27, 2008, to make room for a new development that's in the planning stages.

Saturday, September 27th will be last hurrah at one of the area's oldest night spots.

Stop by and say goodbye!

Anyone stopping by on Saturday?

One last Hurrah...
One last Mai Tai (one of the finest)...
One last bowl of Water Dog soup...
One last plate of Mini Dumplings...
Then another Mai Tai?

4:00 PM Saturday (unless anyone wants earlier or later, I'm easy)
Wear your finest Aloha shirt.

Stopped by last night. Picked up a menu & a couple of dragon glasses. So long New Tiki. We're gonna miss ya!

S

I've got a question (and forgive me if this has specifically been addressed already, but I just couldn't bring myself to read 61 pages of back posts spanning three years). Has it ever been discussed and/or is there any interest in putting together a weekly meetup a la Wednesday nights at the Tiki-Ti, or Forbidden Island, here in New England? Certainly we're all a LOT more spaced out, and so perhaps logistics are preventing such a thing from happening, but it would be swell to have one evening a week I could count on at least one other tikiphile joining me at the bar.

Suzanne

B

Sure!!

I'll see you Wed at the Tiki-Ti.

:P

heh heh

We can try it, but we sometimes have trouble getting together once a month with our geographical diversity.

Speaking of which, I think we're gonna do a gathering at Kowloon on the 11th (or the 18th) at around 4pm.

S

On 2008-10-02 05:59, Bargoyle wrote:
Sure!!

:P

heh heh

We can try it, but we sometimes have trouble getting together once a month with our geographical diversity.

Speaking of which, I think we're gonna do a gathering at Kowloon on the 11th (or the 18th) at around 4pm.

THIS Wednesday I'll be at FI, not the Tiki-Ti. :wink:

Yay Kowloon. I was there last night. I don't think I can make the 11th or the 18th tho', as I'll be crawlin' in SF and then down at Bahooka the following Sat. After this though, I'll be in New England for literally MONTHS without any trips planned, because of performances. So, I hope to see more of you and your crazy antics. But you can leave your shorts on and not throw them at the band this time. K?

:wink:

Suzanne

On 2008-10-02 05:59, Bargoyle wrote:
Sure!!

Toro! Toro! Toro!
I can't wait!

S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiMyLaYb1RE

I now move in favor of a Queequeg night at the Tiki-Ti.

Suzanne

J

Pizowee! Weekly hookups ala Tiki Ti/FI would be the best, but probably a little geographically challenging for many.

Kowloon on the 11th is a no-go for me as it is UNH homecoming, but the 18th would work!!!!!
I looooove the small sunken bar to the left at the Kowloon (by the waterfall mural)
The cool thing about that bar is that the Wong family hang out there on most nights. It is very common to see Grandfather and Grandmother Wong, and they are eager to talk. On this past NETT, Lisa V H and I swung by the sunken bar and Grandmother Wong proceeded to give us a personal tour of EVERY room in the Kowloon upstairs and down... even the kitchen. She is very proud of her families commitment to the Kowloon! We are very lucky to have such a premiere vintage spot in our neighborhood! Three cheers for the Wongs! and Three Cheers for going to the Kowloon more often!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 1095 replies