Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

New England Tikiphile Events

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 1,095 replies

B

Ok, we can make it on the 30th, but it has to be kind of on the late side. Got the super-birthday bash until about 6/7pm, then can go wherever we need to. We'll be in Clinton, CT...close to New Haven, but can shoot up 95 to the Boston area pretty quick.

I'm thinking Tiki Port is a little out of the way for so late(haven't been there in a few years, hope it hasnt devolved anymore), but if everyone else is into it I dont want to stop a trip, so we'll just catch the next one.....which will be the grand re-opening of the Lono Lounge I guess.

Speaking of which....as a PSA, Save the date!! OCT 21st!!! The Lono Lounge Re-Opens!!!

Free Grog, Grub, & Goodies!!!

Live Exotica Music to be provided by WAITIKI!!!!!!

Thats right, you read that right....friggin Waitiki will be in my backyard for 3 mind numbing sets!! NO EXCUSE to not see these guys now! They're amazing!

Souvenier Mugs from Tiki Farm!!!

Food smothered in MSG!!!!!

Punish your liver! Bring your Kids!

Donations gladly accepted, but not required.

I'm working on a full invite right now that'll post in a seperate thread in events, but I figured I'd give my Ohana a heads up first.

I hope/expect to see you all there...uhh..here, I mean.

And maybe see everyone on the 30th....late.

Hokey Smokes! That is friggin' awesome!

T

I may just have to come out of self-imposed exile to catch the Grand Re-opening!

J

Bargoyle you've made my night. The grand reopening of the Lono Lounge is going to be one killer event. Mugs and WAITIKI you say? You can pretty much count on Miss and I making it for sure!

Pappy I won't be able to roll out of town for the 30th, but if all else fails let me know and I'll meet you at the Wu.

R
Rain posted on Fri, Sep 22, 2006 6:51 AM

i don't think we have any prior plans for the 30th, so we'll probably meet youse wherever (including the Wu if nothing else).

Hey Bargoyle,
I just moved back to NE from Long Beach - haven't met any of you NE tikis yet. Would love to attend the bash you've got coming up. Can I get on the mailing list for potential invites? Thanks and hope to meet you

B

jpmartdog, you are most definately invited. And as far as a mailing list....this is kind of it.

Just solidifying some stuff with the band & other loose ends before official big announcement. I'll post that in its own thread.

Once again, attendence by the NE Ohana is mandatory.

Now, what about the 30th?

House of Wu!

I'm up for the WU.

Once again, we couldnt get there 'till alittle on the late side (8pm?)

Dont let that stop everyone from going earlier and getting a nice chooch on.

I've decided that I have to take Oct. 21 off from gigging.

I won't be able to live with myself if I miss this bash!

Are there any cool motels near the Lono Lounge?

Good point Granite Tiki - a motel ( nearby ) is of extreme importance

There are a few hotel/motles nearby. The closest are the Tolland Inn B&B ( http://www.tollandinn.com/ ) or the Old Babcock Tavern B&B (860-875-1239). Both are in Tolland, within a few miles of the Lono Lounge.

Theres also an econolodge in Willington (next town over).

Vernon, a bit further, has a comfort inn, hojos, and holiday inn express; and Manchester has all the major hotel/motel chains (courtyard, etc) and is about 15 mins up the highway.

My yard is big enough that if anyone want to pitch a tent & camp, that'd work.

Plus we've got 2 extra bedrooms (i think one is taken) and plenty of couch/floor space.

If you drink enough, even the bathtub offers a comfortable evening's rest!

I should be posting the official invite next week, and ask that you PM me if your comming. We're thinking about having this one catered, so I'll actually be able to spend some time with everyone rather than cooking all day!! But catering means I'll need a pretty acurate headcount.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

J

I think we stayed at the EconoLodge when we were at Bargoyle Bday bash last year. It wasn't bad and the price was right (think it was 60 or so). The tent idea is sounding pretty good though:)

Well the Wu is a go for Saturday if you guys want to go. A couple of our friends are coming as well and we were going to adjurn back to the pre-Krakatoa Room (my current "tikish" bar) after dinner. All are welcome of course. Bargoyle - we'll just plan on a little later supper so we can meet you there around 8.

Well we just got back from Haverhill MA and I'm wiped. I have a report on Oriental Garden and some pics so stay tuned!

T

Johnman

I've been waiting all day for the Haverhill update... Good news or bad news it's really close by so I'll go if it's cool & stay away if it's not...

Tikisgrl

J

Here's what you've been waiting for Tikisrl - the review of Oriental Gardens!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21185&forum=2&start=last&1

I stole your pictures so I could justify adding it to locating tiki. The new pictures would never allow it! Yes, sad to say we've found another victim of the de-tikification of New England. Enjoy!

NE Tikiphiles!

Just a reminder that WAITIKI's playing LIVE ON THE INTERNET tonight at 9pm! A once-in-a-lifetime LIVE WEBCAST for all of you out there who haven't had the chance to see us live in your home village. Tune in to http://www.WAITIKI.com.

Many surprises will also be aired as "commercials" (so to speak) during the webcast.

To whet your appetite, check out these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P9k9nhJfJs - The Way to Okonkuluku

http://waitiki.com/media/flowerhumming.mov - Flower Humming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSO4WAV46Yc - The Watermelon Husbandry Program at Okonkuluku U.

At last!--a webcast just for us New Englanders. Take that California!

J

Well I'm on for this Saturday night! We can meet up at my house and head down to the Wu from there. I'll send a PM to Pappy, Bargoyle and Rain with the directions. If anyone else wants to come just drop me a PM and I'll send you directions.

What time should you be here? Any time after 6PM Saturday is fine. We'll head to the Wu about 8.

Mahalo!!!
Johnman

O-ficial invite is up for the Lono Lounge re-opening.....

It looked REALLY cool on paper, but its kinda hard to read all small and on a screen.

Oh well.....

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21223&forum=4&0

I won't be there this weekend, but we do plan on the Lono Lounge relaunch!

I am getting nearer and nearer to having my lounge "done" too. I need to put matting on the walls and then it is pretty much done.

I just turned the fireplace into a lava grotto with waterfall, and photos will be posted soon in the tiki on a budget thread.

--sbim

B

ALmost forgot to mention.....

look what i found like a mile up the road from me.....

I doubt it will be open by the time of the party, but I feel a tiki trip is in the near future...

PLUS its stumbling distance back to the Lono Lounge!!!

Now I just need to find who the owner is, and convince him to do it up right! Hell, I'll even help with the build out!

J

Get in there Bargoyle! Looks like there's hope for us yet.

UPDATE ON SATURDAY - If possible could any NE Ohana that is coming to the Wu get to my house shortly before 7? Miss has to stay back at the house with the kids. All of our sitter options are gone for the weekend. No worries, by the time we get back from the Wu the small ones will be asleep. Bargoyle we'll still be at the Wu around 8. Just give me a ring if you're going to be later or can't make it.

Only 6 days until the Hukilau!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnman--can do. Bargoyle--drop of a copy of BOT at that restaurant construction! Hukilau!--Woooooooo!

J

Just wanted to thank Rain, Leila, Pappy, Bargolye and Jess for trekking down to West Warwick last night. I had an awesome time and hope we can have another WUkilau in the future.

How was that Scorpion Bowl Pappy? :)

"Trouble Nights" at OKONKULUKU U.

Hey NE Tikiphiles!

Tuesdays are Trouble Nights at Okonkuluku University. Come look for trouble with Frat Brothers TMoX and Professah Humming Flowah. Tuesday Trouble Nights are a long-standing tradition at O.K.U. and we thought we'd open things up to new members. It's probably too short notice for y'all to make the one happening later tonight (10/10), but start planning for the future... Email randy [at] waitiki.com or tim [at] waitiki. com to be included.....

Past Trouble Nights have yielded:

• Inspiration & Plans to Attend Hukilau 2006
  • Okonkuluku U. Recruitment Videos
  • Stomachs full of beer and rum barrels
  • Approved uses of Officially-Sanctioned Cocktail Containers
  • Charred Mammal Flesh
  • ... and of course, LOTS AND LOTS OF TROUBLE!

You can email us if you think you can come out tonight too.........

WAITIKI: Exotic Tiki Entertainment From Polynesia & Beyond
Videos, MP3s, and More at http://www.waitiki.com

[ Edited by: professahhummingflowah 2006-10-10 00:27 ]

WAITIKI's makin it's RYLES JAZZ CLUB debut on Tuesday, October 24, 9pm. Tix: $9. Check out rylesjazz.com for info on the club. See y'all there!

T

Got lost today... Anyone ever been here... I noticed it said Polynesian on the sign right after it
was way to late to turn... 4 big foo dogs out front though

Cathay Pacific

On 2006-10-20 17:27, Tikisgrl wrote:
Got lost today... Anyone ever been here... I noticed it said Polynesian on the sign right after it
was way to late to turn... 4 big foo dogs out front though

Cathay Pacific

No, but do they really have live entertainment every night like it says in the Yellow Pages listing? If so... maybe WAITIKI can gig there!

T

Regarding the Cathay Pacific... still have not ventured inside but there was some information regarding that horrible singing thing with the TV screen & the awful voices!!!

T

On 2005-10-14 06:32, pappythesailor wrote:
The Pats are off that day but if anybody wants to watch football at the bar (don't tell Tikibars)

D'oh!
(slaps forehead)

Any info om Cathay yet?

Cathay was the ancient name that Westerners first gave to China, so "Cathay Pacific" would translate basically to China Pacific, which could mean ANOTHER semi-Tiki Chinese food joint in Massachusetts...!

[ Edited by: tikibars 2006-11-19 21:46 ]

I think this is the longest this thread has gone without a post!

Time to revive it!

I want to say Merry Christmas to all the friends I have met through this board who live in the NE. It has been great getting to know you, and I hope we can make some plans to do something soon!

..sbim

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Valentines Day at The Hu-Ke-Lau at the latest!

I'm in but we can do better--Kowloon in January too! My tiki is shriveling up from dis-use...

J

Pappy you crack me up man. Yeah a January gathering would be awesome. Saturdays are always the best for us. Maybe we could try for the 13th, 20th or 27th? That will give us plenty of lead time for sitters and also allow for a do-nothing weekend following the holidays. I know we could use it.

And Granite it's never to early to start planning for Feb:)

A Merry Christmas to all the NE Ohana!

On the 13th I will be in Memphis at a conference.
The other dates are more appealing to me.
When is MLK day? The Saturday before that would be pretty good for me, as it is a 3 day weekend.

--sbim

J

Hey SBiM MLK day is on the 15th - the same weekend you'll be in Memphis. The 20th sound good?

Bargoyle
Where exactly is the "South Pacific Restaurant"??
I'm almost stumbling distance from here in Ashford!
Would love to check it out if it is open.
Thanks,
Lukeulele

20th sounds pretty good to me!

B

Hope eveyone had a great holiday. Been waaay too busy this season (had 5 seperate xmas gatherings!!!)

I'm up for Kowloon at any time. No more Pats home games, and things are slowing down at work, so whatever is decided, count me in.

Not sure what's up with the South Pacific Resteraunt. (its in the new Big Y plaza in Tolland on 195, luke). The sign is now down, and there is still no progress on the build out. Just a big empty building.

Be a shame if another one bit the dust before it even took off.

Also, tenative party for my bday on either Feb 24th or March 3rd. A little less extravagant than the re-opening party, but should still be fun. All are welcome to attend. More details to come.

Th' Bargoyle

B

Hmmm...interest died down on a Kowloon trip?

WIldcard Weekend at the Kowloon??

no?

ok, how about Hooters? anyone wanna watch the football games at Hooters?

no.

C'mon, seriously!! I miss everyone!

Pappy, I've got your stuff to return. Johnman, I wanna hear about Disney. SB, you need a day down south in our topical 50 degree winter! Anyone?

hello?

is this thing on?

J

Interest hasn't died at all Bargoyle. There's a dedicated topic to the trip here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=22319&forum=4&3

I'm totally looking forward to seeing everyone again. Looks like Pappy's a go, SBiM a maybe and jpmartdog might be coming as well. Granite?? Rain? Tikisgrl??

And who knows who will show up - The Rock made it one time - see!

Unfortunately, I'll be playing a private party somewhere that night. But I'll be with you in spirit.

But I'm still excited about Valentines Day at Hukelau again!!!!!!

[ Edited by: The Granite Tiki 2007-01-04 07:54 ]

B

Silly me. I see the thread now. Doh!

Two things.

We might be able to make the Valentines thing at the Hu Ki Lau. Now, that takes place on FEb. 16th, not 14th, right? Because Valentines is on Wednesday, not Friday.

Second, Traci is going to be going away from Feb. 27th to March 9th, so I am going to be bored out of my skull that week. Perhaps we can do something then. Or perhaps I will have something at my place!

--sbim

Valentine's Day Show at Hukelau is on Valentine's Day, the 14th. (Wednesday)

(that's why I can go!)

B

OK,

I'm an idiot. I accidentally hit the YEAR BACK (more than once I guess) instead of MONTH FORWARD on the windows calander, so I was loooking at Jan 2005...in which the 14th WAS a friday.

Damn wet-brain.

sorry about that.

V-day IS indeed on a wed. that might screw it up for me as well. DOH!!!

and I was so excited....

You hafta go. I got Mrs. Pappy to agree to go if she could pick something else (she REALLY wants to do) for Valentine's Day.

Well, I know I can't go on a wednesday.

But seriously, should I do something here while the boss is away?

..sbim

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 1095 replies