Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

BenZart...MaoriChief, Glass pendant Update Today

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1,583 replies

Ben
I love your Moai's
no moko needed on the last one .. very nice work .

S

Cool benz love the long ear dude looks cool.

B

Thanks Slave2tiki, Welcome to TC too. Thanks for the props and kind words.

Seeks, Thanks too for the comps and kind words, I Appreciate you guys always coming around and giving me this support, Thanks
Well goodnight everyone hopefully tomorrow I can do another one!

H

All veeeery sweet! I particularly like the 'crack head' guy---lotsa character. I think the cracks add character, kinda like some reeeeal old people I 've seen before--there's stories in those cracks!

it's true- my cracks have some stories; and i'm not even that old! speaking of crack stories- Ben, you gonna make a mold of that one for soap on a rope?;)
great pieces mr. Benz- see you soon.

Aloha Ben!!! The Moai's look Great, but I'm sort of partial to wood and so is my wife(oops can I say that)ha ha ha . Ben, Mahalo for all the Carvin help and lessons thats my true secret of how and why I'm getting better as a carver is from your help and insight.I appreciate your time and friendship, PLUS Ryan wants to come over and Trash your Carvin garage again!ha ha ha no really he does :lol:,Aloha and Mahalo your friend (grasshopper) Jimmy Mooney

thanks for the welcome ben

B

Thanks Howland, Appreciate the comps especially on the Cracked up guy. Theres definitely stories there and I'd like to hear them myself some time. We'll have to get together during Hukilau for sure. Or maybe Thursday before.

GreenTiki, Thanks for the props and I'm Sure we ALL have Crack stories, wait that didn't come out right did it? There's just so many kinds of cracks and I like the Wise cracks the Best. As far as a Mold for a soap on a rope, he is way too small and a bar of that soap Might last one bath so no Moulds yet but SOON I promise. Thanks again and See you Real soon!

Jimmy Mooney, Thanks for the kind words and props and you can bring Ryan over Anytime, he can't hurt mucccccccch and if he does,, Daddy can pay for it Right?? :lol: :lol:
The secret to your getting to be a better carver is you are Putting to Use all the hints and tips I've been giving you over the past few months. You are paying attention and you are a great student, I didn't do it, YOU are doing it. Remember that!

I started another one I had started a long time ago but totally changed him so he's a totally different piece.There wasn't much in the beginning but on this guy I REMEMBERED to take Progress shots for Tama and the Other guys who like that sort of thing. I started with an Old piece of Tortoise shell, and ended up with a tortise shell Moai. Of course he is blind nyet and needs a couple other things but done none the less.

P

that is way cool.

B

Actually here are the progress shots and he is not tortoise shell but looks an Awful lot like it

And this is just buffed, No finish yet.

Also I'm thinking of putting these 4 pieces up on the MArketplace since I am not a vendor for Hukilau and don't think I should walk around vending when everyone else has to stay in one spot.ANy thoughts??

Nice, Benz. Great looking wood! and your full flavor
carving style.

Watch a good show last weekend about Easter Island
was cool.

This is my favourite of all the recent mini-Moais Ben - you nailed it! Amazing to see how you scratched it out of nothing.. Bravo!

V

I really love the color and texture of that piece. Very nice.

B

Very interesting to see the progress pix on this moai. Very nice work.

Benjamin.

B
Bete posted on Wed, Jun 11, 2008 6:03 AM

Looks very cool!

I guess - Palo Escrito (sp?). Sure is perty!

I'm sure Mooney and I can make some room around our necks, I mean table. We can be the "Florida United Carving Collective" - otherwise known as the F.U.C.C. So when you are walking around Hukilau and here things like:

Holy FUCC thats good
That's FUCCing awesome
Where the FUCC is my drink

You will all know what table to come to. :)

B

Thanks Seeks Appreciate the kind words. I missed that show but think I saw it several months ago and it was excellent.

Thanks Tama, Actually I started with way more than Nothing it was a pretty piece of wood. Glad you like this one.

Virani thanks, Nice to see you around, been awhile!.

Ben, thanks, Yes, I realized with these small guys I haven't been getting the progress shots, My Apologies, I will shoot more now that it finally registered in my feeble brain. :lol:

Thanks for the props Bete, HAppyHappy

Thanks AlohaS, Agree the wood Is pretty. I'm sure you and jimmy could carry these around your necks and get all the fucc comments but then how would I get any? :lol:

Actually the last guy won't be making it to Hukilau, as much as he Wanted to go, he just is not allowed..
:(

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Jun 11, 2008 2:04 PM

On 2008-06-11 13:41, Benzart wrote:

Actually the last guy won't be making it to Hukilau, as much as he Wanted to go, he just is not allowed..
:(

Is it because he's coming to New Zealand? YES! Definitely my fave out of the newest crop!

Progress shots always a bonus!
Looks great Benz!

B

Ah Yes Paipo, This guy is going to New Zealand, Land Of The Great White Cloud, Where he will hopefully feel a bit more like home. He may stand on this base for awhile until his fate is decided.

H
Heath posted on Wed, Jun 11, 2008 9:22 PM

You're like a pendant making machine!

S

What Heath Bar said:

"You're like a pendant making machine!"

You are pumping these like they are made of butter! NICE WORK

B

Thanks Heath and Seeks, They are butter!
Here they are all finished with cords and all.

This last guy is the only one left from Hukilau so I'll be putting him on the Tiki Marketplace soon.

myspace

[ Edited by: Benzart 2008-06-16 11:12 ]

Already right back at it mr. Zart!!
They look magnificent (but much better in person!). I already cut the outlines on the Mahagony this morning! Can't do anymore here at the airport though, they frown on knives. ha ha ha
I'm doing a Bzart Maoi, whet else?!

B

Definitely Cool!
It was great meeting you and Kyakitiki, we enjoyed your trip to the Zart Shop and the time we spent with you at Hukilau.
Back to WORK!

J

I bet those pendants were a smash hit at the festivities last weekend. There are a few very happy people wearing them now.

On 2008-06-16 11:10, Benzart wrote:

This last guy is the only one left from Hukilau..

I think those Ancients are poking me in the ribs.. :wink: Glad to hear you sold well at Hukilau!

Damn those are wicked!
that stand looks really neat, excellent piece!

B

Yes Tama, they are giving you a very hard time, just kick them!

Thanks tiki duddy

Those look sharp LOVE the WHITE ONE and the stand is great.

B

Super amazing beautiful fantastic moais, Ben.
But I found nothing in the marketplace...

Benjamin.

B

Thanks Seeks and Benella too. Sorry I was so Slow but he is in the Marketplace now.

B

Thanks Seeks and Benella too. Sorry I was so Slow but he is in the Marketplace now.

C

Very nice, i want a withe one :)! Big hug!

Ben
it was so great meeting you and Sherry(?) at the Hukilau!
You are both such sweet and friendly people!
Glad i got to shake the hand that carves so many Masterworks!
That Moai pendant you had was a little treasure!
I'm glad my Maori warrior has such great new step parents!
Highlights of the Hukilau?
Meeting you two and the seeing the MaiKai!
SUPER OVER-THE-TOP-HAPPY HAPPY!

B

Thanks LLT, I Appreciate the kind words and props. It was Great finally meeting You too And Mrs LLT too. You guys are great and Terrill definitely rubbed me the right way, Thanks Ben! (we know) You were a big part of the whole Hukilau experience that was for me just incredible.

B

here is one i've been working on a bit a couple days.

Wow!! - A "Gloai"? :wink:

J

Wow! That is So COOL, Ben!!! Can't wait to see it with the moko all lit up!

B

:o

Pretty neat, smooth and all... Very good

Ben ,

I was racking my brain , trying to figure out where I had seen that bloke before ,

then I remembered , its Dangerous Dave , the mole surfer :D

http://www.tredz.co.uk/Game.asp

:o!!!
Benz! that piece is totally amazing! that's definatly one of my favorite pieces ive seen!
really, really, really, love it!

Now that's the bomb!!!!

S

Benz, As always your work is first rate. Love your attention to minute detail.

B

Thanks Tama, yes a Gloai, How'd you guess? :lol:

Jen, Thanks, Hopefully it gets that far.

Ben, Thanks for the props

Jock, YES, Mole Surfer, Why didn't I remember that. He has a History.

TDuddy,Thanks for all the comps, Glad you like him.

TFreak, Thanks too.

SunGod, thanks for the kind words.

Did more work on him today and heres a few pictures to show for it. He's coming slowly.

Holy bejeezus, I can almost see eyelashes on 'em. Beautiful.

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Jun 21, 2008 7:18 PM

Benzo,

I see you found the stuff. Sweetz. This is a bar lifter, aye? Very impressive Ben, very impressive.

-g

CRAZY detail Benz! it just keeps getting better!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1583 replies