Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

BenZart...MaoriChief, Glass pendant Update Today

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1,583 replies

P
Paipo posted on Fri, Sep 12, 2008 9:08 PM

Obsess over detail much? Holy crap! These little guys are evolving into a very strange place lately. I love the "jade look" pic.

WOW
WOW
AND WOW
oh - and did I say
WOW

Maestro Benz has struck againz

Congrats Benz

KS

T

:D Wow Benz this is beautiful! Love all the details and those eyes are perfect. I guess you're the real :tiki: here!

J

Happy Happy Happy is right, Somebody is going to be wearing this proudly.

B

ThaNKS TEAkey, I'm not sure what you said but it sounded great, :P

Conga, See, you come around hare and leave with HappyHappyHappy Thoughts and things, Thanks for coming man!

T Thomas, Thanks for the kind words.

Paipo, Thanks, but ME Obsess? Have you looked at your Perfectionist works recently? I Hope I OBSESS half as much as you do because my stuff will then be twice as good as normal but only half as good as yours.

B

ThaNKS TEAkey, I'm not sure what you said but it sounded great, :P

Conga, See, you come around hare and leave with HappyHappyHappy Thoughts and things, Thanks for coming man!

T Thomas, Thanks for the kind words.

Paipo, Thanks, but ME Obsess? Have you looked at your Perfectionist works recently? I Hope I OBSESS half as much as you do because my stuff will then be twice as good as normal but only half as good as yours.

K-Shaman, Thanks for the WOW's, I appreciate them all.

Tiki Paka, Thank you for all the kindness too, and Thanks for coming around and looking at my stuff!

Johnny P, Thanks for the HAppyHappyHappy's, I love all those I can get.This last guy has really beenan interesting carve That kept me on my toes. I Really thought several times he was headed for the BOX but he kept talking me out of it which I am Glad he did. Except for a bit of oil and a cord he is finished! HOORAYY!!

I started another one to be a mate to the previous one from another piece of Wart Hog Tusk and for 2 days he's looking pretty good. Have a look

T

Wow Benz, :o love the new ones. I'm thinking of how hard it is for all these folks to carve in large chunks of wood, and then I see all your work in bone, shell etc., and I'm just in awe.. Your pieces are always beautiful with such details. You need to teach a class. :o But I guess everyone is learning just by reading all of your posts and viewing all your find end results. Have you started mine yet? LOL :wink: Oh well, I guess I need to get my butt in gear and get ready for work out there in the real world. :D

PS. Benz love this carving in the new signature pic.

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-09-17 02:08 ]

B

On 2008-09-16 20:31, Benzart wrote:

Wonderful gallery !
Nice work on the new one.

Benjamin.

S

The 3 wise men are out of this world wonderful work!
Your work has become like wine and cheese PERFECTION!

B

Thanks T-Pak, You say the nicest things, Glad you like the new one The signature is from pendant #20 which became the Benzart Mug "Vicious", Glad you like.

Thanks Benny, I love when you vizit :P

Seeks Thanks to you too, I think I might do better with the Wine 'n Cheese :D

Todays update

OOOOh he's got a mean look to 'em. Likin' the flaring nostrils and taunting brow.
Oh so much room for moko huh?!

R
Robin posted on Fri, Sep 19, 2008 9:18 AM

Jeezus Ben!!!! It's been awhile and look what I've been missing. These new pieces are spectacular.....I'm not really all that fond of bone....I'm a stone junkie/snob....and wood, and clay...but these...ummmmm...changed my mind.

A
AKUAE posted on Fri, Sep 19, 2008 1:57 PM

Hey Nen,
your pieces becomes alive....Masterpieces
great to see your work
fantastic

B

Surfin, Thaaanks for the kind words, Moko Hey, I gotta do one of those non here too?

ROBIN, ROBIN, We Sure have been MISSIN you round here, So Great to be seeing you here, How's Things? Yeah this bone just sorta moved in and took over, didn't ask nobody, just Did it, so glad you like him too. Thanks for the kind words

Akuae ,Nice Comps, Thanks This guy is Already half alive and telling me what to do

Here are the photos from today and yesterday.

myspace

[ Edited by: Benzart 2008-09-25 18:58 ]

wow Benz

This new guy looks great too!!

keep up the good work.

KS

Lookin' great Benz! I have to mention- your spirals have gotten better. Great symmetry, and not easy at that scale. (That Curly Lono in particular must have given you alot of practice!)

~Skully

[ Edited by: Capt'n Skully 2008-09-19 21:20 ]

Benz, awesome as always!

T

Hey Benz, :o I'm beginning to think you have an assembly line going on here. It's like pulling a rabbit out of your BUTT. I meant to say HAT! :lol: Your pieces are unbelievable. Sharp, sharp, sharp. And they always make everybody :D :D :D I think it's much harder to carve a smaller piece than a large piece of wood. Is that true or am I talking out of my ass/butt now? :lol: Buy the way, I think I'm in love with half of those pieces you carved and are now sitting in your reject bin. Those would be the jade pieces. :P Also I really like this new carved piece in the photo you have up as your signature photo. When did you do that one? And why can't I have a signature photo up? :x Hmmmm What would I use??

B

Thanks KS Howz the Little Lambie?

Capt Skully, Thanks, Nice to see you drop by. You Never master the spiral. you get to do what IT Wants of you and yes I've had some practice :P

T Freak, Thanks, glad you stopped by with kind words!

T Pak, Thanks, Yes I think I'm a magician, just pulling these guys out of my hat, :P :lol: You are too Funny!:D Yes it is harder in Many ways to carve this small. If you happen to take too much off, the piece is trash where as if it were a larger piece you could just rearrange the part that was removed or Altered. THe "New" piece in my Signature photo is fairly old, I did him (#20) back in April 2004, so he's been around awhile, like me :P For your signature you should use the main picture on your "My Space" page???
Heres a bit of an update for today.

For some who have asked bout the tools I use here are some of them and the bench also. You can see the bench "Pin" where I rest my hand while holding whatever it is I am carving

Here I have started the Light box that will hold this guy and the 2nd one back as a pair.

:o Stunning! :o

looks incredible, Benz! you must have a MAD, steady hand!
i love how bone looks so solid, everlasting.
really really amazing!

T

:D Gosh Benz, you need all of that to make one of those tiny high quality, great detailed pieces? I guess I can't afford to start carving. I'd need to add on to the house to get another room to hold all that great equipment of yours. Hmmm maybe I should just start with crayons, then go to finger painting, then to charcoals, then maybe to water colors. Oh crap I just remembered I can't draw either. :lol: Wait, I don't think I have a talent? What the heck would/could it be? :( I'm beginning to think that maybe being a pain in the ass is my talent. :lol:

[I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy]
All though, I probably could you one.

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-09-21 16:36 ]

B

Thanks Tiki Duddy,
I don't know about a mad hand but there are bars on the bench I can use to keep it steady and you are right about bone being Solid, I Love trying to carve it and make it do what I want it to do. Glad you Like it.

T-Pak, Being a Pia might not be too bad a talent, I'm a tool mjunkie so I Need all those tools for Sumpthin, I havent figured it all out yet but it only takes a few tools for each piece and I just have tom figure out which few! :P You FUNNY Lady :lol:

Well the carving is finished for this guy and all that is needed it the light box for him(#91) and the earlier one (#89) and they can go.

H

Holy smokes! The detail on the last one is over the top fabulomous! Awesome work!

OMG Benz - you have done it again

and I KNEW this guy was going to be fantastic

congrats on this work of ART

KS

S

WOW Benz, you never cease to amaze me! Holy crap the
detail is sick! Master you be.

T

:D They are both truly beautiful Benz. I'm begining to think that good old Benz, is the best carver ever with the most details put into each piece! Ok, I know you're the best. You be the :tiki:

King Ben, Our Supreme Potentate (OSP), Rooftop Kahuna, etc.
What else can I say?

B

♦Wow, Guess I haven't been here a few days!

Howland thanks Much for the props, Hope you are fairing nwell with all the storms raging around your parts there, Hang tight!

Kiwi Shaman, Thanks too for your comps

Seeks, Sick Detail? Yes from a sick mind :P :D

T Pak, Thanks but once you look around a bit you'll find Lots of carvers Way better than this old fart! :lol:

Conga, Thanks, but I think youy been beating the drums to hard and it has messed up your mind, but then you are Just Funny, A Funny guy. :D :P

Thanks again everyone :)

A-maze of details...WoW! Always a treat to the eyes BenZ, speechless... :)

C

This new family of bone Little guys is to much!! Sooo so Great! Love them!

B

Morning Ben,

I'm just sitting here with my coffee this morning enjoying this WONDERFUL thread of yours...I can't begin to say how much I appreciate you posting progress pictures of your work, and those shots of your work bench are worth a zillion words...

Thank you!

B

Thanks Flip-Flopz, I Love it when YOU can't talk :P :D Glad you're liking the stuff!

Clarita, thanks too for your compliments from SO Far away and I Know how busy you always are too. I'm working on a led light box for the 2 brothers. :)

Babs, Thanks for the kind words and appreciation. Glad you can cope with all the photos I post as most of the time I think they are a bit extreme, but as you have seen in your thread sometimes you see so much more detail in every different shot that it's hard to get it all with one or two! Your morning cuppa must have been gigantic to see you through that Benzart thread, thanks. Ahh, and the Work bench/benches, they are certainly a continuing work in progress and it seems they will Never be done so every photo is different.
I'd SO Love to come to your shop one day for one of your sessions, now There's a happening thats spectacular! :P
Thanks again
HappyHappyHappy

B

Seems awhile since I've been here Feeling a bit better now.
Getting caught up on the light box for the brothers.

TD

Awsome, Ben!
that's for sure!
good to see some more pics

B

Thanks Duddy appreciate the kind words. I'll try not to make it so far between the photos.

C

Oh the bros are shining trhu the screen :)
Looking great!

Holy S--t mt christmas present is here and it's not christmas yet! Man Ben your the best what a Great Gift to me!!!
What do you mean it's not for me? Darn,Darn Darn,and I thought I was number 7009 on the list:lol: :lol: :lol:
Another SMOKIN carvin from a Great person and an alright carver.:lol:take care mt friend hopefully i will be done with this house list soon and back to carve(ryan wants to come over as well and see uncle Ben)aloha your friend, Mooney

T

Excellent lighting on the bros Benz, and the carving on the box is also great. What's that you made it out of a cigar box? You did the tongue N groove on those corners? Is that how you say/spell it? :lol: Yup that would be me, not so up on all that manly workshop talk.. :D It's good to see you back. But weren't you suppose to be in bed, recouping? And if that Mooney is the 7009 person on your list, where does that put me and my little trinket, 10,999???

B

Thanks Clarita,He'll be done today how are your led's coming along, got some newbees?

Jimmy, thanks, Where you BEEN? Been missing your vizits, C'mon over and bring the little Ryan too at the rate you're going he will learn way before you are half way there? :P :D

T-Pak, thanks,the box is an already made cigar box and the corners are called BOX-JOINT or Finger joint and is a simple quick Strong way to join box corners :)

I have several coats of finish on the box and today the black cloth goes on and it will be done. Photos this evening.

B

Here is the Light-box complete with Wart Hog pendants

T

Benz, this set is just beautiful. It's just perfect.. When are you sending it to me? :lol: What a great birthday present. Someone is going to be very very happy. :D :D :D I know it's not going to be me. :( But it never hurts to dream.. Aren't there any female gods out there you can make? Come on now, put away the old men and make a beautiful young lady piece.. :D

Benz, that stuff is just amazing. Tikipaka's got a point! How 'bout a queenie!
I'm surprised that cigar box stained so well, looks great. Top Notch effort, and ANOTHER piece for the Smithsonian.
Go Benz!

Awesome Ben - cant wait to see it all lit up now :)

and yes - where are the females?? :lol:

KS

C

Thanks Clarita,He'll be done today how are your led's coming along, got some newbees?

....Not really, my friend, my LED experiments are still a little ACME made, they work but, more or less :) so i'm still trying to make them right... so you have the LED torch, run! :D!
thanks for asking!

I have a photo of you Ben and of Gecko on my computer. I smile at my two favorite artists each day as I check out my emails. You've been a busy Ben since we last talked. I'll have to check up with you to see how our projects are going, meanwhile here's a note to let you know I Think Your Awesome! Wendy

Two Benzart heads in the jungle room.

T

I have a photo of you Ben and of Gecko on my computer. I smile at my two favorite artists each day as I check out my emails. You've been a busy Ben since we last talked. I'll have to check up with you to see how our projects are going, meanwhile here's a note to let you know I Think Your Awesome! Wendy

Two Benzart heads in the jungle room.

Ok, now Wendy, which on is Benz and which one is Gecko? I want to guess that Benz is the guy with the red eyes, and Gecko is the other one? :lol: And what are they doing staring at the hula girl for? Dirty boys! :D Nice little set up you made there Wendy..

Oops, I was not too clear on that. I was just showing two of Ben's carved heads in Dan's collection. Here are the photos on my computer that I was referring too. On Gecko's left is the original sculpt I did for Da Bloody Maori, he sent the photo to show it arrived. Ben is showing me that he is carving one of those heads in the last photo I posted. Two terrific artists and two great friends. Wendy

T

Nice, thanks for the pm also.. I actually did say to myself, that's not a photo.. :D :D :lol: Nice photos..

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1583 replies