Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

BENZART's Carvings Second original thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,529 replies

I will agree with what everyone else. I just haven't had the pleasure of meeting Ben in person. He has sent me countless photo's , carving tips and articles and always has encouraging critiques. I would have to say because of Professor Ben I continued to try carving after my first attempt and will strive to follow his lead.

B

Melissa received their Wedding Bands today and here's what she said "We received the rings today and they are beautiful!!! We are so happy with them. We almost lost them today. I put the rings back in the package and set them on the dining room table. My Jack Russell jumped onto the table and ate the box! The rings are fine. I almost had a heart attack. "
I almost had a heart attack too. Glad they are fine.
HappyHappyHappy

C

Your ability to have a vision and make it a reality is beyond comparison.The rings are amazing!!Keep filling hearts with joy and minds with good thoughts!capotiki

K
kirby posted on Tue, Oct 18, 2005 7:52 PM

that last pendent is simple but swwet you wanna sell him benz,or mabey a trade?

B

Thanks Kirby, but he is spoken for twice. Thanks.

H

Yes G, the Benz is the man. Simple as that.

K

damn, thats cool mabey next one, or the next one after that,ok benz...

I've never met Benzart, but one only has to read thru some old posts to learn that this is a guy you'd be proud to call your friend.

ONCE AGAIN I NOMINATE BEN FOR TRIBAL CHIEF!

I SECOND THE MOTION!!
ALL THOSE IN FAVOR SAY I

B

Capotiki, Al those things that you say are nice,, You can come back Any timr and stay awhile too. I enjoy giving people nice things when they get my carvings.

Kirby, thanks for tryinh ti get this Moai pendant but you were a couple hours late but your turn will come when least expected, so cheer uo, I WILL GET YOU a PENDANT by that gi=uy bentzarp or whoever he iz, donto worri

Hewey and Gman, no ganging up on the Old man now and getting all Musshy and stuff, and You, Jim Tanden you too saying all those nice tings, y'all can stay around as long as you like too

Conga tiki, I don't know bout no Tribal Chief,,That theren sounds like a big heap of work that ai mite not be able to do,
What are the perks??
Thanks all you guys and gals who participated in this and thanks for all the props and comps and nice things said and OH YES.....Some random act of kindness showed in my mailbox today, It was a box of tiki bandaids,,so I had to go cut all my fingers so I could try out all the tiki bandaids. I endednup with more cuts than bandaids and hsd to use some normal bandaids ans those cuts got infected but not the tiki bandaids...Splain it to me
Good night all

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Oct 21, 2005 5:11 PM

Hey Ben,

What are you working on over there? You haven't posted anything since the last pendant, so I know you're up to something. You're gonna hit us with another maori right? Only this one is going to be what, like 7 or 8 feet tall, animatronic, and have magical properties??!! C'mon, quit hiding it....what are you working on! I don't believe you are resting....not for one minute!

-Gman

B

Actually I have been resting. It seems like I took a day off and it ended up to be a month. I am working on a Small 12" lono for my son's 21st birthday, but I have just barely started it.
I ran across this Polaroid last week of an Early carving I did in a Cypress stump. Not sure if it was tiki or what but I had been carving for about 3 months. I am standing infront of "The Woodshed" in wilton Manors where I started carving about 18 years ago give or take a year.

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Oct 21, 2005 6:03 PM

Ben,

Man, you were just a pup! Cool carving. It bet it weighed a ton! It kinda does looks tiki. I see an Indian in the background. Is that one of your famous Indians?

I'm glad you are taking a rest. You were really hammering there for a while - easy to burn out that way. I hope to get one in this weekend, weather permitting. Enjoy your break. I'll be looking forward to your next piece.

-Gman

Ben-
How did you fare from that last storm? Are you OK?
I love that carving from 15 years ago. Do you run across many of your old carvings in your travels?
Hope all is well with you and your family.
Wes

Looks like you had the natural ability from the get-go! I was wondering the same as moondance; have you come upon any of your carvings in places you didn't expect to? With such a long history of carving it's bound to happen.
You're always an inspiration...

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Oct 26, 2005 3:16 PM

Ben,

The news reels looks bad. PM me if you need me to drive over any supplies.

-Gman

Ben-
I hope everything is O.K.!! Please let us know when you have the chance!!!
Sincerely,
Spermy

B

Greetings TC Ohana. BEnzart is OK and still kicking. Wilma didn't do much here. Knocked down some fencing, blew out some screens, Murdered a Lot of Plants, Flooded my office(don't know Where the water came from),knocked out our Cable and internet and lastly disconnected us from the Modern world of Electricity. FPL is scheduled to begin work in Saint lucie County in a couple weeks and Promises to have us juiced up by mid November,,Three weeks. Uughhh...We connected to NetZero for the meantime and I am surfing the dialup speed, sllooow. Better than nothing. My time is limited since we only have 1 phone line though.
Thanks to All you guys for the kind thoughts and offers for help. I am in pretty good shape for now. Had help with the 4 fence panels from Jimmy Mooney. I gogt the screen back up today and now its clean, clean and then clean.
SO Happy to be here and be back from the land of no internet.
HappyHappyHappy

Glad to see you okay Ben. I will be heading your way in late Febuary. Take care .

Glad everything is OK, Ben (for the most part). I guess it's all part of living in beautiful FLA. I'll take the ocassional earthquake any day (knock on wood). Now, that's not the SAME fence you just rebuilt??? Or was that last season? Anyway, glad you & the wife are O.K. - it's a relief to hear everything's all right.

B

Thanks ..It was part of the same fence I rebuilt last year. Only lost 40 feet this time. Last year it was over 200ft. and all the screens.
We are GREAT.Thanks
s

B

Got my Electric back on today. I leave tomorrow for 5 days to watch my son marry an ALABAMA Southern Bell.
Came home to day from the doc's and found a 70lb package sitting on my porch. A Koa log that will become a BenZart Lono for Gecko. Also in another package were an Awesome Augy Colon Mug, A Mt Bumatay Mug and and a Super Cool TANGAORA mug, Oh yes and a Gecko Hawaiian shirt, All partial payment for the BigBenZart Lono. It haz been an Awesome day See y'all in 5 days.

sounds like a great package to find!

glad to hear that you're doing well and off to have a wonderful time!

Have fun!

PS - if you have trouble storing those mugs for any reason, feel free to PM...I might have space at my house! :wink:

Congrats Ben! Have fun and good to hear you are ok.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Nov 6, 2005 5:41 AM

Hey Ben, good to know your okay. Nothing like some tiki presents to perk you up some hey?

B

Thanks Hewey and Tiki Diablo.
It is 12:30 and we just got home from Alabama where our son marriedna southern Belle. It was a beautiful wedding bit very painful for me. I don't think I can go flying on another airplane for a long time, can't take it. Won' t take it.
Anyway it will take me a few days to catch up.
Goodnight all.

Aloha Ben!
I'm glad that you made it back my friend and the wedding sounded nice, so take some time to chill. I'll keep my eyes open for some (toneians) for you my brother.
We finally got power back from the (cane) only 9 days.
Aloha for now my friend and post some new carvings soon we are all going through Benzart Withdraws , your friend , Mooney

I second the withdrawl. Please give us our fix.

B

Thanks Mooney and Palm City. Surgery is tomorrow so in about a week I should be back making sawdust.

we're sending good thoughts and prayers your way, Ben...

Hey Ben- congratulations to your son! I'm married to an Alabama southern belle myself! Best wishes and prayers with your surgery too. Please keep us posted....

Carving on the carver. I recentely had a carving session on me as well. Hope it goes well and let me know if I can lend a hand or you need a driver.

M

Our thoughts are with you tomorrow. I hope the surgeon is as skilled as you are.
Annie & Wesley

Best wishes Ben!

Good luck, Ben.

B

Big thanks to everyone. The surgery went fine and I am slowly becoming able to see. Surgery was about 6 hours ago and I feel fine. No stitches this time so recovery will be quicker.
I know I should have started this in another forum but since it is here already here it is.
Thanks again bir the good wishes and offers of help.

Thanks for the update Ben . Best wishes on a speedy recovery

I love you Ben!! Thanks for all your hard work- I mean it dude!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Nov 13, 2005 2:16 PM

Good to know the surbery went okay benz. Cant wait to see ya back in action.

hey Benz I'll challenge to an Eye Chart reading contest Tomorrow. For one of those Pennants.

just kidding hope to see ya soon

B

Any requests with pictures for a Tiki GOddess. I have some nice palm logs and need to start getting going on some of them soon as I get the OK from the DOC which should be in less then a week. I need some Xmas Money soorder up.

My money rolls in at the end of the month Ben. So please keep me in mind.
Wes

Ben- I'm glad that everything went well with surgery. Thanks too for the update.

Hey Ben.....glad to hear you are on the road to recovery....
but I think you could carve just fine if you were blind!

im glad you are well and have a speedy recovery and may the gods look down on you.

B

The Wedding bands I did for Tom and Melissa got a bit thin where I had removed the flowers for Tom on his band so I made a new one, no charge and will send it out in the next couple days. Been working on this for quite awhile but wanted to make sure I could finish it before their wedding (postphoned due to Wilma) in a few weeks.
The pix didn't turn out great so I'll take more tomorrow.

Simply beautiful, ben. the detail is fantastic. Glad to see you're back at it - carvin' like the maniac you are.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1529 replies