Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

BENZART's Carvings Second original thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,529 replies

Best O'Benz Top 100!!!

Your body of work is amazing and always a pleasure to view. Thank you for showing your work and sharing your creative process with everyone!

:tiki: NOW GET BACK TO CHIZZLIN!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPP...

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jul 1, 2006 6:54 PM

Thats gotta be the most intense facial on a tiki Ive ever seen. Those eyes just set it off man! WOW...

TD

...speachless...
you are truly a god of the tiki carving

C

incredible Ben...can't say anything that hasn't been said before....but those fingers by
his neck freak me out....awesome as usual...but each new one is still simply amazing.

B
Bete posted on Mon, Jul 3, 2006 6:02 AM

Yes, that is an intense and awesome picture.

B

WOW Guys!
Loki, Tikiwahine, Buzzy, JohnnyP, Hiltiki, C Slinger, Bete, GMAN, Marcus, Buzzy again, Kingstiedye, ookoo lady, T Jones, Hewey, T Duddy, Conga, and Bete(again).
Big MAhalos to everyone of you. Its All you guyz who have made this 100 pages, not Me. What I put up could fit on a few pages, Just like you Posted these maga pages, you also gave me the motivation to create these tikis.
I am very proud of the tikis I do and especially the last several as I hope they have reached a new level. From the beginning TC has given me the Best support in the world, you guyz are the best. This guy is now complete with 4 coats of poly so after this I will open a new thread and link this one on the first page. Here are a few shots of # 11. He Really IS a happy guy even if he doesn't show it!

Here is a last peek at the some of the tikis from this thread.

and of course these last 2

HAPPYHAPPY and More HAPPY

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jul 3, 2006 8:25 PM

Whoa....

what a trip that last post was!

Awe, simply in awe...

B

It was a really Nice trip for me too. Thanks Hewey!

L
Loki posted on Tue, Jul 4, 2006 5:20 AM

Thanks for the retrospective. I was all smiles and remember watching many of them come to life, and the best part...one of those fine fellows lives with us and watches over the house for bad juju. Many mahalo Benz...you da man.

F

I just spent the last few WEEKS reading this whole thread, and WOW Benzart you rule!

BEN- your work is MAGICAL!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

B

Thanks Loki, I'm proud to have one of my tikis right Here in South Florida, THANKS
Freddimon, thank you too. On the first page there are links to my first thread plus links to other carvings I have posted..... Thanks for finding time to visit my works.
Spermy, You're welcome. Thanks for your support too with friends like you, how can I go wrong?

J

On 2005-06-02 17:57, Aaron's Akua wrote:
A new giant thread begins!

And a wonderful thread it was. Looking forward to the next 100 pages.
JP

K
kctiki posted on Wed, Jul 5, 2006 8:47 AM

Ben, every time I look at your carvings I could swear they're actually breathing. I love all different styles of art, but yours really stands out. It's truly transcendental.

B

Thanks JohnnyP, yes for mee too it was a Mogical thread, a great part of my carving life and mostly the great peeps I met on those 100 pages were great friends. Tomorrow a New thread appears and I promise not to let it get so big. You guyz are great. Besidez, very soon, you ALL will know ALL tht I know and I will have to visit all your threads to catch back up. ALOHA to All

F

Thank you Ben, for your kind heart, your wonderful art, and your sincere interest in helping others. I've learned so much about myself because of you and I look forward to being part of the next 100 posts.

Mahalo!

Ben, mahalo for all you've contributed here. Keep spreading the good mana with your fine carvings and even finer sincerity. I really feel privileged to count you as a friend.

Cheers!

Aaron

B
Bete posted on Thu, Jul 6, 2006 12:08 PM

Cool post Ben with the trip down "memory lane" with all the pictures of all the great projects you made, very cool.

C

Ben,thank you for sharing your all your great work,you got it going on!You are an inspiration for many.Capo

One door closes, another opens 'eh? Well I count myself among the lucky fans who've actually watched you work and I've got to say that I STILL don't know how you do it. It's must be that Voodoo that you do, so well.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jul 6, 2006 9:55 PM

GROG salute Benzart on such an incredible, inspirational, and
educational thread. GROG look forward to the new thread and
the wonders yet to come.

You are the carven-est carver, Ben! Look at all that you've done in just about 2 years here. ( If I calculated that right! )

It's so wonderful to see your work all over the place. The praise you receive is very much warranted. You know I will be a life long fan always.

Can't wait to see what you'll do next!

Proud Owner of BigBenz Numbah 4!

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Jul 7, 2006 5:25 AM

Salute!

B

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words and inspiration. Maybe today I will start the new thread and show you what I am working on. It is nothing new, just stuff that has been started and just hanging around that I must finish.
Love you ALL.

On 2006-07-07 07:39, Benzart wrote:
Thanks again everyone for all the kind words and inspiration. Maybe today I will start the new thread and show you what I am working on. It is nothing new, just stuff that has been started and just hanging around that I must finish.
Love you ALL.

Never say Never!!

Arrrr!!

We love ya Ben!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 7, 2006 11:53 PM

Hey Unga,

Which Ben did you mean?

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-07-08 00:06 ]

B

Grog, I Love that ben, can he take a little more off the top?
You guyz are nutz.
Thanks Unga :) :) :)
BBen-- NEVER NEVER NEVER

What a wonderful retrospective Ben. You add so much to the world of tiki with your art and you add even more with your heart. Thank you. I look forward to the next 100 pages.

B

Cheeky Half, Thanks big time. I hope the next 100 pages will be as much fun as the last hundred. Like I said, its YOU Guys who have made this thread go to 100. My carvings don't even take up 1 page. I have learned so much from all of you and I learned a lot about carving too!. Thanks again CH

B

Bump

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Sep 14, 2006 8:23 PM

Another bump for the Chief!

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Oct 9, 2006 6:49 PM

Bump, again...

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Nov 16, 2006 4:25 AM

Bump for Adam

B

bump

M

Ahhhhh. The cream rises to the top again.....Nice Bump! A brief (Albeit detailed!)lesson in American Tiki history.

Enjoy!

[ Edited by: McTiki 2007-07-10 05:54 ]

H

Bump! That´s one of the most helpfully thread.

B

On 2007-12-14 05:31, haikai wrote:
Bump! That´s one of the most helpfully thread.

yep :)

Congratulations Benz! You are an inspiration.

IKI

BUMP!back to the top for you mister for all to see

B

bump

S

Probably my 3 time going through this man it takes along time.

Lots of good Lono headdress shot for me to build me up
some confidence.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1529 replies