Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kelly Hiphipahula'sTonga Hut Parties 2009-2012 Farewell pg.42

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies

Happy B-day Suzy!!

Jeff(btd)

TT

Here's some pics from Atomikitty's Birthday Party at Tonga Hut.

Hipalicious!

Kon Tiki Rain!

Russel, his new mug, and his posse

Sippin' Suzy

Suzy gets a portrait

Suzy is Atomikitty-ized by Eric

Cake, but no fire...this time :wink:

Grog Loggin'

Thanks for snappin' the pic Mr. Link

MAHALO MAHALO MAHALO!

Thanks SO MUCH for everyone who came out to celebrate with me at the Tonga Hut last night!

Super-Special thanks to:
GROG for the Yummy birthday cake (I was so surprised!) Awesome Monkey card & lotto ticket-I will be sure to split my winnings with you! :D
Fabulous Tonga Hut Bartendress Kelly and Jeremy for starting my night off with a Zawarrow KICK! :drink:
Eric and Manuel for the awesome 'Atomikitty in space' birthday card- So cool!
And Tonga Tom for taking these fun photos. :D

I had a GREAT birthday thanks to my TC Ohana. You guys are the best. :blush:

Mahalo and Viva Atomica!

~ Susannah
Atomikitty
http://www.atomikitty.com

Ahhhh... Suzy I hope your Birthday was as wonderful as you are :) I know we all had a blast. Thank You also Suzy for your long time Tonga Hut support and for supporting my Bartending efforts here at the Hut as well. One of these days you will have to jump back behind the Bar once again, jigger pour with me, that be a gas! Your the tops girl! Happy, Happy, Birthday again to you!

:)

[ Edited by: FilthyMidget 2010-05-02 16:36 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, May 3, 2010 5:01 PM

It's Chadillac's birthday (the nicest door guy in the world) Tuesday, and Lisa Marie is planning a little surprise for him at the Tonga Hut. He'll be at the Tonga Hut at 9pm, so Lisa Marie says to be there by 8:30. He's supposed to work, but Lisa Marie is taking up a donation, so he can have the night off. So, come by and celebrate Chad the-door-guy's birthday on Tuesday eve.

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 4, 2010 10:56 AM

Bump for Chad's birthday tonight.

I will be there!

Be at the Tonga Hut Tiki Party Sunday May 9th !

Yes we will be here, Party On Tikiphiles!

4- 9pm See you here! Happy Hour and a
reprise of the "South of the Border" Menu!
Here is your chance if you missed it.
Also yes, my regular menu will be avail as well as the Tonga Hut menu.

Happy Mothers Day to all you Mothers out there!

P. S. We are here Saturday as well 4-9pm.

HipHiPaHulA!!!

R

I'll be there FO SHO!!!

who's with me peeps?
ROLE CALL:)

Oh, damn, I'm a bit late on this Rose -- but I was there.
A nice, kick-back afternoon in the Tonga Hut.

TT

Sorry we missed y'all at TH yesterday, Sherriyaki's Mom says "Hi" though.
Hope to see everyone for FM's birthday on Sunday from 4-10pm.

Here, here! Filthy Midgets Birthday Hangover Party next Sunday the 16th and more!! Stay Tuned!

I can almost taste the booze for my birthday :9

EVENT JUST ADDED!

On Tonga Hut Tiki Party Sunday May 23rd

-----> Sven Kirsten Will join the Tonga Hut Party for a CD signing of the SOUND OF TIKI !
You won't want to miss this Party Event mark it on your calendars now! *Tiki Cocktails, *Food & *Snacks!

Read, learn all about event times and info here-----> http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?forum=17&topic=36432

See you every Saturday and Sunday 4-9pm for HipHiPaHulA's Tiki Cocktail Mix & Parties
Tonga Hut Lounge opens at 4:00pm-2:00 am 7 days a week with Happy Hour 7 days a week from 4-8pm

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-05-12 09:05 ]

It's Saturday! Come belly up to the bar boys! Gonna be mixing it up 4-8 pm New Tonga Hut drinks coming your way plus, HipHiP's menu and some fancy new cocktails pouring freely just waiting for
you!

Just arrived at the Tonga Hut for the last Leg of my Birthday Drunkening.
Hope to toast a drink with you there!

TT

We're on our way with mint in hand!

Tonga Hut Monday! Today! Monday!

Ya got it?

I'm working today at the Hut not my usual, I hope you will come out, pull up a stool and have some cocktails with me.

I will be working on the Sven CD menu making finial choices for Sunday the 23rd so,

Come Out and GROG LOG with me.

Happy Hour 4-8 and some great Tiki Cocktail Specials today!!

Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Bl.
North Hollywood 91606

TT

The last leg of FilthyMidget's Birthday Drunkening on 5/16/2010.
We had guest bartender Trader Tom sit in with HipHiPaHulA to make a new concoction. You might catch a glimpse of the table cloths made by Eric October which should be making their debut at Sven's CD listening party and signing on Sunday the 23rd.

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-05-18 17:46 ]

Wow that was such a fun birthday!!!
Tiki People coming up from Orange County and down all the way from San Francisco for little ole Filthy me!
It was a blast you guys, thank you for all the love, cards, presents, well wishes, but most of all.............the BOOZE!
I totally fell on my can right after I was dropped off at home.
You didn't drink enough if you don't fall on your can at least once.
Thank you one and all! You made this Filthy Midget feel really special!

T
TikiG posted on Tue, May 18, 2010 3:44 PM

Tonga Hut. Two words. Frickin' terrific.

God bless this North Hollywood mainstay. A survivor. A neighborhood landmark. When I bring newbies into the fold, even they recognize the importance of this space while the fantastic cocktails seal these thoughts into their psyche. Nobody forgets warm and cozy. We love our time spent at this preternatural bridge between the past and present.

I can't visit as much as I would like, but walking into the bar is akin to walking into a comfortable and familiar home. With Tonga Hut's continued support by friends of the DROOLING BASTARD, I need not worry...I feel I'm welcome there.

Thanks to the present owner - Thanks to Kelly and other staff members - Thanks to the Loyal Order of the Drooling Bastard. You people are extended family.

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 18, 2010 3:51 PM

Marty Lush definitely got the award for loudest Hawaiian Shirt with Joe banks in a close second.

JB

On 2010-05-18 15:51, GROG wrote:
Marty Lush definitely got the award for loudest Hawaiian Shirt with Joe banks in a close second.

Marty's shirt goes to 11. It's one louder, isn't it?

Tonga Hut has got to have that "Loudest Tiki Shirt Contest" soon people I promise! Stay posted and I'll set a date with prizes too!

G
GROG posted on Sun, May 23, 2010 3:09 PM

GROG will be at Tonga Hut tonight for Sven's CD tour. Wear your loud shirts!

The SOUND of TIKI Tour was a total blast when it hit Tonga Hut, and here's some pics for those of you who missed it...

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-05-24 23:29 ]

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-05-24 23:31 ]

TB

so nice to see you all :) definately, it looks like you had a great time! :D
grog: you made me laugh with your dance :D :D
miss you all,
Baï

Manuel, way to match that shirt and shorts. You should be on a cruise ship! And Grog, sing your heart out!

T

Damn! Missed the party. So dumb I can't believe it.

J

Kudos to Jeremy for what he's done with the Tonga Hut !!

Not only has he restored this former "jewel in the rough" back to its original Tiki glory but the guy's not afraid to take risks either. He's allowed the lunatics (Hiphipahula, Marty Lush, Grog etc.) to take over the asylum and it's resulted in what might be most innovative Tiki bar around when it comes to mixology, music, and art.

Is this the Donn Beach of the 21st Century ?? :)

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-05-25 15:41 ]

Just a quick note to you awesome Tonga Hut TC regulars. The TH Tiki Party will be held SATURDAY this week. I will be there mixing it up so I hope you will come out and Grog Log with me and enjoy some Hip cocktails as well. Remember, Saturday!

As you know, on Sunday most of us will be out at Mariepalooza a Band-Aid
for our dear friend Marie over at Don's. Please be there! Here is the info on TC :

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?forum=17&topic=36385

The Tonga Hut will be open on SUNDAY 4 o'clock pm til 2 o'clock am. Please join the very cute and lovely bartender Liz filling in for me at the Tonga Hut. Liz is a mixin' and a Grog Log'in just for you so come
show her your support!

See you all SATURDAY!

I will try to stop by for a quick drink before I head out for the evening.
I need a Hiphipahula drink and STAT!

See you all on Palm Springs for Tiki Caliente 2!
Friday- Sunday June 4-6

The Tonga Hut will be Hosting our Tiki Party with Queen Kamehameha (Amy)
on Saturday Night at 10:30 pm here is the info:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35619&forum=17&310

We will see you there!

R

bringing the Mango Chipotle Guacamole for HH today.

come get it early!

i will be there at 6pm
:)

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 7, 2010 4:40 PM

Tonight is "Movie Night" at the Tonga Hut. They'll be showing "Spinal Tap" at 9pm.

Working a Tonga Hut shift today, Tuesday 4-8 Happy Hour! See you there!

Exotica Sunday Today 4-9pm with Hiphip all the way till 9pm with DJ Marty Lush. Join us for Cocktails, our famous Nachos, The Best in Lounge, Exotica & Surf Music!

Gotta work on the Grog Log? Today's the day.

Plus! Witco hits the Tonga. Come check us out! All starting at 4:00 pm

Witco hits the Tonga.

See you guys there around 6-7 for some Grog Logging!

Back in town! I will stop by soon.
See you guys.

TH

Witco hits the Tonga!

The Witco story at the Tonga Hut, the short long of it all....

In a conversation with Sven Kirsten and Tonga Hut owner Jeremy at the Sound of Tiki Cd listening and signing event it was mentioned that a art piece was needed to replace a Tapa print on the large back wall over the back booth. "Maybe a framed Witco?"   Jeremy has long been a fan and collector of mid-century art and design. Sven replied that he has a Witco outrigger piece that would be perfect for the spot. 
 As a week or two passed the Tonga Hut starts planning our debut Room Crawl at Tiki Caliente II 2010 Co hosting with Queen Kamehameha-Amy. The party went off without a hitch, it was a smash hit! 
 One week later a very special gift arrives at the Tonga Hut, It's the Witco Outrigger! Jeremy text messages Hiphipahula Kelly and says, "the TH has a witco!" it's cool! I want more!" Kelly replies, " uh huh, that's how it all starts..."    
 The Tonga Hut humbly thanks Ray and Amy Boylan for their friendship and generosity. Thank You also to Sven Kirsten for making the Outrigger from his collection available to Ray and Amy for the Tonga Hut.

Auf uns! The Tonga Hut

TT

Here's some pics from last Sunday (6/13/2010)...

Velvet Taboo

"I think she said her drink is empty."

"Uh, my drink is empty."

"I fink my drink if emphy."

Tiki Nachos

"Has anyone seen my glasses?"

Tikiyaki DVD Live at the Mayflower party see it here, fun times! http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36798&forum=17&start=15

R

On 2010-06-21 10:51, Hiphipahula wrote:
Tikiyaki DVD Live at the Mayflower party see it here, fun times! http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36798&forum=17&start=15

YEP! and I was so out of it after 2 Scorpions that i didn't even realize that we were being filmed LOL!

Friday Today! Im pouring at the Tonga Hut Come have a drink with me 4-8pm!

Well, okay then.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies