Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kelly Hiphipahula'sTonga Hut Parties 2009-2012 Farewell pg.42

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies

Rumor has it, a new BASTARD will be joining the ranks at TONGA HUT tonight: 1/16/2011 between 4 and 8pm!!!

Here's some pics from last night.
BIG thanks to Russ for bringin' tons of BBQ ribs, chicken, beans, and mac & cheese to the event!

Russ-Tiki's plaque

"Von Tiki"...Russ-Tiki's final drink (not Russ' hands)!

"When the Hell is Russ gonna finish this thing?"

It's official!

One suave bastard!

The three stooges...er, bastards.

A whole bunch of BASTARDS!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jan 17, 2011 6:37 PM

Congrats again Russ! Thanks too Russ for the tasty treats and good company. I have to say, every "Bastard" has been excited for their final day but Russ, I have never seen anyone more excited for such honor, what a true Gentleman, it was a pleasure, glad I could be a part of it all. My thanks and Jeremy's as well to, Tonga Tom, Sherriyaki and Kirby for constant positive help and excitement in Tonga Hut's " Loyal Order of the Drooling Bastard" program. All this could not have happened with out you. Huge and sincere thanks to Jeff Berry "Beachbum Berry" and his Grog Log, Jeff allowed us the Honor of using the Grog Log for part of our extended menu and drinking game. The Hut uses it with great accuracy while helping to educate all of us, we've come along way. With that being said, I truly believe hundreds of people have a better understanding of what a true "Tiki" and vintage cocktails should be. Thank You Jeff Beachbum Berry.

Thank you again to the Loyal Patrons at the Hut who without fail join us every Sunday if not more days of the week and who attend many great events here at the TH as the Tonga Hut continues it's long sought after at Tiki Bar revival. After 52 years it has earned it's respect and place in the wonderful world of Poly-Pop.

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, Ca.

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-01-18 19:40 ]

[ Edited by: HipHiPaHulA 2011-12-12 21:50 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jan 18, 2011 5:46 PM

Thanks Kelly "Hiphipahula" for making Tiki Sunday one of the funnest and most TASTY Sundays you can have at a bar.

JB

Jan. 21&22 2011

Today & Saturday! $5 $5 $5 $5

**$5.00 Trader Vic's the "Old Way" Mai Tai 2 Rums! Friday & Saturday 4-8p.m. with HipHiPaHulA!!!!

$2.00 16.oz. Miller Beers and PBR Can or Draft

$3.00 "Well Cocktails"

Plus even more Tiki "Tonga Time" Tiki Cocktail Specials!!

$5.00 MAI TAI !! Come and get it! Best anywhere!

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, Ca.91606

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-01-24 16:17 ]

New Thread name better Parties!
Friday and Saturday $5.00 Trader Vic Mai Tai's the "Old Way" 2 Rums 4:00-8:00

HipHiPaHulA!

Join me for "Exotica Sunday's" Parties all weekend! Sunday is TC-Tonga Hut "Exotica Sunday" with DJ Marty Lush spinnin' the best of Exotica, Hawaiian, Surf and Lounge music! Snacks, and I'll have a brand NEW Original HipHiPaHulA Cocktail for you to try every week PLUS we are "Grog Loggin' all Friday, Saturday and Sunday's try all 78 cocktails of Beachbum Jeff Berry's Book the Grog Log and become a VIP member of the Tonga Hut's "Loyal Order of the Drooling Bastard"

NEW! NEW! $5.00 Trader Vic's Mai Tai the "Old Way" 2 Rums!
In addition to Tiki Party Saturday and Exotica Sunday. Join me Friday's & Saturday's for something NEW but old called " Tonga Time", Happy hour, *"Tonga Time" will be from 4:00 pm-8:00 pm Friday and Saturday *and offer a $5 Trader Vic "Mai Tai" The "old Way" 2 Premium Rums. PLUS Original HipHiPaHulA Handcrafted Tiki Cocktails starting at only $6.00. Don't forget Happy Hour, "Tonga Time" is 4-8pm everyday! $2 16oz. Miller and PBR Beer, $3.00 Well Cocktails & more! See you later today!

Tonga Hut Makes every Tiki Cocktail Rum Proper and we hand squeeze all our citrus fruits daily right here at the T.H.!

The Tonga Hut Features,

El Dorado
Mount Gay
Rhum Barbancourt
Pusser's
Appleton
Coruba
Woods
Lemon Hart
Myers
Zacapa
Zaya
Centenario
Cruzan Rums and many others!

Don't forget to sign up to be immortalized at the Tonga Hut! Sign up today & complete the "Grog Log"
** Remember, I am Mixing Friday- Sunday 4:00-8:00 pm**

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4848&forum=2&vpost=486553&hilite=grog

The Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818) 769-0708
21 and over only

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, Ca.91606

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-01-21 11:08 ]

If I can get out of this snow-covered hell, I'll see you Sunday!

TH

Aloha Friends!
Tomorrow is "Exotica Sunday" once again with Mixologist Kelly Hiphipahula Reilly and DJ Marty Lush of the Tikiyaki Orch. We are privileged to have them both. Please join is from 4:00 pm until 8:00 pm for free
"NoHo Nocho's" , Music and Tiki Cocktail price specials for you starting at only $6.00!
We hope to see you here.

Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Bl. Just east of Coldwater Cyn.
Tongahut.com

I hope to see you all today with DJ Marty Lush. Cocktail specials, NoHo Nacho's & Ding Dongs :wink: and tons of fun! Can't wait to visit with y'all ! 4-8pm

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jan 30, 2011 10:19 AM

GROG will be there!

L

I will be there too!

TT

Sherriyaki and I will be there too!

T

Me too.

J

Yup...

This time I need to pace myself to make it to Sarah's shift.

Hahahahaha!
It was great seeing everyone last night!
I miss you all soooo much there!
Hopefully I can get there more :P

TT

Great time at the Hut on Sunday (from what I remember anyways...glad I took some pictures)

L

So nice to finally check out the Tonga Hut.....even though I was suffering from the worlds worst hangover of my entire life. So good to put so many faces to names and to see Tom rock those white pants :wink:

Great to have you visit with us Liz and the Big Kahuna Rick from lands far away. You both made Exotica Sunday a most fun day, Thank you both!

Tonga Time again today & Saturday 4-8pm cocktails starting with T.V. Old way Mai Tai's at $5.00. Even more cocktails at just $5.00 come drink with us!

It was great being back at Tonga!
How I miss it sooooooo~
HipHipahula your drinks are still the greatest!!!
Totally kicked my ass that night & I loved every minute of it!
Hopefully I will be back soon after I survive the snow back East.

TH

Today! Saturday, Tonga Time with Hiphipahula! $5 T.V. Old Way Mai Tai's & $5 Grog Log specials! All right now until 8:00 pm Join us, your invited!

Today! 2/6/11 " Anti Super Bowl Exotica Sunday" with me, HipHiPaHulA and the Lush everyone loves to love, DJ Marty Lush of Tikiyaki Orch. fame and fortune :D As you know, the 'ol TH is not fond of sports... What can we say, we just don't get them, we don't like sports, we don't know the rules either.... So, we will celebrate by having our own kind of laid back, non quarterback kind of party. The festivities began at about 4:00pm until we have had enough of each other and we go home :D I will be pourin' and mixin' 'til the cows come home or 'til you leave in other words, I'm working late. So please drop by for some fine cocktail specials and DJ Marty spinnin' the 33's and 45's ok, so it's a PC we don't care just play stuff we like and we might cha-cha or boss nova. Did I mention FREE pizza while it lasts? Ok well, at some point, (not a point in the game cause we won't be watching ok, we might tune in on our big "15 inch" small screen ) we will order some huge pizzas but, ya gotta be fast, quick baby while it lasts! Free NoHo Nacho's too, maybe Ding Dongs! So come out to the TH and let's have our 1st Annual "Anti Super Bowl Party!" See you here before, after the half time? I have no idea, just come! Doors open t 4:00 pm "Grand Slam! Home Run! He shoots he scores!" Whatever it is ya say for sports .... See ya here!

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-02-06 02:09 ]

T

Anti-Superbowl party. Love this. I hate watching sports too. I may have to come down.

TT

Super Bowl...I'm gonna order me a Tonga Bowl! I'm bringin' my pom poms, 'cause I heard there's no cheerleaders for THIS Super Bowl...kooky.
I was at TH last year for Super Bowl...whatever, can't remember, I was having too much fun. Although, I do remember someone coming in after the game and buying a round of drinks for the bar 'cause he bet on the right team. Hoping for a repeat on that one!

Great Idea,
too bad I just saw this.

Jeff(btd)

TT

We had a great time not watching the Super Bowl last night.
Thanks JOHN-O for the Bánh mì sandwich, thanks Tonga Hut for the pizza, and thank you Kelly for the delicious drinks...I woke up stuffed this morning.
Now I gotta get my hundred dollar suit ready for "Black Dynamite" tonight.

Thanks to all you who came from near & far, we did have a great time not watching the Super Bowl. Maybe next year we really do it up, a live band or something. Thanks again and I'll see you this Fri.- Sun. Don't forget to check out the Tiki Bob Show Sunday March 27th
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?forum=17&topic=39043

Show us your zillion, billion, dollar suits now! Photos?

Tonga Hut Sunday Valentines Day's Exotica, Erotica Aloha Bowl Specials!

Please join us Sunday Feb.14 for Valentines Day 4-8pm I've got some NEW tasty Aloha Love Bowls for 2-4 people that should start your heart a pumping and light the fire of the mojo baby!

Tiki Cocktails starting at only $5.00 Snacks, Music and Fun! Don't forget, "Love Bowls" Doors open at 4pm See you here, Happy Valentines Day Lovers!

Hoping to drag my tired ass over there after work. :) I haven't had one of Kelly's libations in a while and I'm going thru withdrawals! Who else is gonna be there?! Oh yeah, and Happy VD.

On 2011-02-12 11:46, Hiphipahula wrote:
Tonga Hut Sunday Valentines Day's Exotica, Erotica Aloha Bowl Specials!

Please join us Sunday Feb.14 for Valentines Day 4-8pm I've got some NEW tasty Aloha Love Bowls for 2-4 people that should start your heart a pumping and light the fire of the mojo baby!

Tiki Cocktails starting at only $5.00 Snacks, Music and Fun! Don't forget, "Love Bowls" Doors open at 4pm See you here, Happy Valentines Day Lovers!

This is the Exotica/ Erotica Sunday laid back TH style Valentines Party :) join us !

Isn't today the 13th? :wink:
We'll see you later today!

Maybe the post is referring to the year 2016.

Here's some pics from last night...

Manuel, Eric, Boris, and Krisdrama (sportin' her stylish new 'do and shirt...don't know if the shirt is new, but it sure looks stylish).

The Goddess of all Hellfire!

Marty Lush and Mr. & Mrs. Flaming Tiki hangin' out

The Bearded Bastard and his lovely lady

GROG 'n' Jeremy

Flaming Tiki, Sherriyaki, HipHiPaHulA, and Tonga Tom hangin' by the Bastard Pool.

She was addressing Jim Tikiyaki even though he wasn't there.
The guy on the right not to be confused with "The Bearded Bastard"

Dr. G

The Bearded Bastard

New additions to the wall: "Dr. G" and "The Bearded Bastard"

Ooh look, fancy iPhone photos...
Russ-Tiki's bowl filled with HipHiPaHulA's new mystery drink.

"Penis"

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2011-02-22 12:35 ]

That was a fun day, thanks everyone for coming out Sunday for the Exotica, Erotica Valentines Party. Great photos :D Jacobs bearded Bastard plaque looks great posted up there with the Bastard. Now if the rest of us get our act together and get our plaques finished that would look even more impressive. Who's is not done besides mine Jeremy's and Marty's? Happy Valentines Day everyone!

It's Exotica Sunday! I plan on heading down and hanging at the Hut for a while today. I'm hoping to see all the usual familiar faces! the rain's gone now and it's time to play. :)

Thanks Kelly for another evening of fabulous cocktails! I enjoyed my Coconut Burn thoroughly and managed to cross off another grog log drink. Only 73 more to go. . .

Thank you!! Your all the best part of my job, "Keep coming Back!" :D

Oh yeah, here's some photos from Sunday night.

J

What's more un-Tiki than the Super Bowl ?? I think it's the hype of the Academy Awards. What better place to take alcoholic refuge than the Tonga Hut TONIGHT !! :)

I will be pourin' at the Tonga Hut this evening I hope you will join mentor the Red Carpet treatment :wink: 4-8pm with all the fixings ! Specials $ NoHo Nacho's Music!

TT

We're on our way....

TT

Figured I better get these up before Sunday. Here's some pics from 2/27/2011...

As always - great photos Tom! It's almost like being there, but without the hangover. :wink:

I hope to see you all today at the Tonga Hut 4-8pm Party with all the Fixin's! Cocktails $ Specials and more!

Hot news just outta the oven folks!

Exotica Sunday with HipHiP & DJ Marty Lush of the famed Tikiyaki Orch.
PIZZA today while it lasts!!! Cocktails! $ Specials! $ 4-8 pm
Buck off of Shaka Hula Bossa Nova, Professors Nocturnal Dream, Coconut Burns! And More!

TT

On 2011-03-06 10:58, Hiphipahula wrote:
Hot news just outta the oven folks!

Exotica Sunday with HipHiP & DJ Marty Lush of the famed Tikiyaki Orch.
PIZZA today while it lasts!!! Cocktails! $ Specials! $ 4-8 pm
Buck off of Shaka Hula Bossa Nova, Professors Nocturnal Dream, Coconut Burns! And More!

PIZZA and BUCK OFF SHBNs...We are so there!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies