Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kelly Hiphipahula'sTonga Hut Parties 2009-2012 Farewell pg.42

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies

Party Today! Sunday! DJ Marty Lush, Nachos, Tiki, Tiki & More Tiki! Join us 4-9pm!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jun 27, 2010 10:55 AM

Hawaiian shirts!!! Wear 'em if you got 'em. The louder the better.

On 2010-06-27 10:55, GROG wrote:
Hawaiian shirts!!! Wear 'em if you got 'em. The louder the better.

I guess that's a subjective statement Grog.
:o

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jun 27, 2010 12:03 PM

Does Bigtikidude even own a Hawaiian shirt? You're going to have to change your TC name to Bigsemi-tikidude. :lol:

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate and Marie.

[ Edited by: grog 2010-06-27 13:01 ]

yes Grog I own about 10.
many of which I have outgrown.
and I also don't like wearing button up shirts with collars.
But I do on Occasion.

also most tikiphiles prefer the vintage barkcloth material,
as do I, As opposed to nylon,rayon,polyester type.

But it feels like I am wearing a terrycloth towel, and I sweat alot.
Not a nice thing, believe me.

Jeff(btd)

TT

Oh yeah, look who dropped by Tonga Hut on June 26th.
Yes, that's a "Shaka Hula Bossa Nova" in Huell's hand.

Oh My.....
That's Amazing.
:o

Jeff(btd)

HOT Summer Tiki Party Sunday tomorrow July 11th. 4-8 pm

With HipHiPaHulA & DJ Deluxe Marty Lush!
Beer starting at $2 Tiki Cocktail Specials! Always something New!

See you here for snacks, drinks, Tiki & Fun!

Today's the Day! It's a Hangover Party with HipHip & DJ Marty Lush of Tikiyaki Fame!
Tiki Cocktails, Music, FREE Food & Snacks! 4-8pm
12808 Victory Bl. No. Hollywood @ Coldwater Cyn. Bl.

TT

Nice spread at TH last night, thanks everyone who chipped in!

TH

Yes, what a great Sunday everybody. Thanks again to Leo for sharing his Birthday with us, great teriyaki chicken, ribs and sticky rice and our thanks to Kirby & Polly's Rumpus Room regulars and Murph also for some tasty goodies. Thank You DJ Marty Lush for spinning the best in Lounge, Hawaiian, Tiki and Surf. Mahalo always to the Mixologist Extraordinaire Hiphipahula Kelly Reilly for being on board, sharing your talents, thoughts and ideas with us like Exotica Sundays a Tiki Party which is a huge hit with Tiki Central and Regulars as well, we are so lucky to have you here at the Tonga Hut. Mahalo everyone here on Tiki Central for your on going support.
the Tonga Hut~

Tonga Hut Tiki Lounge

12808 Victory Blvd (at Coldwater Canyon)
North Hollywood, CA 91606-3013
(818) 769-0708

M
Murph posted on Mon, Jul 12, 2010 3:57 PM

Cheeseburger Doritos!

There was a lot of delicious grub last night. I don't know how I'm going to cope with not being at the Tonga Hut the next two to three weekends. Thank you Hiphipahula and Grog for the birthday drinks and thank you Marty Lush for sharing that mysterious but delicious bowl drink with me! Can't wait till I can head back to the Tonga Hut again.

Friday I'm working Tonga Time. Meet me @ the Tonga Hut 4-8pm Friday Happy Hour for HipHiP's "Tonga Time Tiki Specials" $5 Coconut Burns ! See you there!

Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Blvd.
No. Hollywood, Ca.

Saturday!!!
I'm working Tonga Time. Meet me @ the Tonga Hut 4-8pm Happy Hour for HipHiP's "Tonga Time Tiki Specials"
$5 Coconut Burns til' 7:00
4-8pm
$2 Cans PBR $2 Miller Beers
$3 PBR Draft
$3 Well Cocktails
See you there! TODAY SATURDAY!

Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Blvd.
No. Hollywood, Ca.

Party Sunday with HipHiPaHulA & DJ Marty Lush!!
Happy Hour 4-8pm
Snacks, Drinks & Fun!
Party with us!

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd.
No. Hollywood, Ca.

J

I had Kelly's Velvet Taboo for the first time tonight. WOW !! It's probably one of the most complex and sublime Tropical cocktails I've had so far. It's expensive but worth it. I had to order a second.

I had some (non-Tikiphile) friends visit the Tonga Hut for the first time. I tried explaining Tiki culture to them but I'm not sure if they got it. They did "GET" Kelly's cocktails however. :)

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-07-18 22:11 ]

TT

Here's some pix from last night at Tonga Hut...

Good Times as always :)

Really gotta make it up there some time....

On 2010-07-19 18:34, Tonga Tom wrote:

My neck! My neck! I seem to have lost my Neck! Nice picture :(

Thanks everyone for coming out to the TH just good clean summer fun huh... it was a blast to hang out afterwards and share a pizza!
Thanks Tom for the pictures too :)

R

On 2010-07-19 18:34, Tonga Tom wrote:

Awww, darn! Sorry I didn't make it out guys but truthfully, I was too hungover that day from Bobby's bday pool party n bbq on Saturday.

I shall return this Sunday however!

Cheers,
Rose(red)
:)
(p.s. I heard that you n Sheri were quite the clean up crew at Bobbys. Kudos to you for being suh great helpers. I know he sure did appreciate it cause he told me so yesterday)

J

On 2010-07-21 19:45, RoseRed wrote:

I shall return this Sunday however!

Nice !! I'll be there too around 5pm and I have two requests:

1. I wanna see you in your Don's dress.

2. Bring money because you're buying me a Velvet Taboo + a Velvet Taboo. :)

And I hope to see Hiltiki there too so we can start planning the great SFV Mid-century bar crawl !!

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-07-21 21:33 ]

Hey Kids I'm pulling a few extra Tiki shifts at the Hut this week Thursday & Friday I will be jigger pouring in addition to the hot party days on the weekend. Join me Thursday & Friday for something new but old called " Tonga Time" in addition to Happy hour... "Tonga Time" will be from 4:20 pm - 6:00 pm and offer a $5 Tiki Cocktail PLUS $1.00 off any menu item. Don't forget Happy Hour is 4-8pm everyday! $2 Beer $3.00 Well Cocktails & more! See you later today!

NEW! NEW! DAY ADDED:
I will be jigger pouring FRIDAY'S now in addition to Tiki Party Saturday and Exotica Sunday. Join me FRIDAY'S & SATURDAY'S for something NEW but OLD called "TONGA TIME."
In addition to Regular Happy hour, "TONGA TIME" will be from 4:30 pm-6:00 pm Friday & Saturday and offer a $5 Tiki Cocktail PLUS $1.00 off any menu item.
Don't forget Happy Hour is 4-8pm everyday! $2 Beer $3.00 Well Cocktails & more! Party at the Tonga Hut!

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Boulevard (E. of Coldwater Cyn.)
North Hollywood, CA 91606-3013
(818) 769-0708

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-07-28 11:37 ]

is that Mr.Smiley on the far left?

Jeff(btd)

TT

Here's some photos from TH on 7/25/2010...

Murph-mobile

Tonga Tables

LUSH-TRON 3000...Marty, we need you back!

JB

On 2010-07-28 18:00, Tonga Tom wrote:

LUSH-TRON 3000!! That's what I'm talkin' about!

TONGA HUT TODAY FRIDAY July 30 4-8pm Happy Hour
TONGA TIME 4:30-6pm $1.00 off all Menu Cocktails and features a $5.00 Tiki Cocktail!

Sunday! Today!
Exotica Sunday at the Tonga Hut! Free Food! Join us for a day of Music Fun & Cocktails! 
4-8pm Hiphipahula & DJ Marty Lush!
PLUS Drooling Bastard Sherryaki's Birthday Hangover Party! Sherri's gotta brand new dress!

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Bl. NoHo

ML

The Lush-Tron 3000 is nowhere to be found. So I will be back, in the flesh, tonight!!!

TT

On 2010-08-01 14:33, Marty Lush wrote:
I will be back, in the flesh, tonight!!!

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

I'm home from the Mai Kai and mixing Cocktails this Saturday & Sunday! Come party with us! 4-8pm Happy Hour & Sat we have "Tonga Time as well from 4:30-6:00 $5 drinks & Buck Off Menu Cocktails!

Sunday! Today!
Exotica Sunday at the Tonga Hut! Hiphip's home from the Mai Kai and ready to party West Coast Style!

Join us for a day of Music Fun & Cocktails!  4-8pm Hiphipahula & DJ Marty Lush!

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Bl. NoHo

J

I hope Kelly was able to reverse-engineer some of those Mai Kai secret recipes.

I want to try the "Black Magic" I've been reading so much about !!

Just a few from last night...

I'm Home from the Mai Kai and Tiki Oasis 10

• Please join me* Friday and Saturday's From 4-8pm for Happy Hour $2.00 Miller Beers, draft ot bottle and $3.00 Well Cocktails
    Better yet, **"TONGA TIME" ** 4:30-6:00pm **$5.00 **"Sunset on the Kona Kai" OR A "Coconut Burn"

SUNDAY Exotica Sunday. A day for Tikiphiles, DJ, snacks and cocktails. Don't miss it Sunday will be a sure Tiki Oasis Blues & Hangover Party! 4:00-8:00pm

PLUS Don't forget to get drinkin' on your Grog Log. Be a Bastard! Be amongst the privileged and honored.

• Remember, I am mixing it up for you on, Friday, Saturday and Exotica Sunday from 4:00-8:00pm See you at the Tonga Hut Since 1958

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-08-26 13:24 ]

**HALLOWEEN Art Show Coming to the TONGA HUT! **

WHEN? Sunday October 31st

Read about the HALLOWEEN Tonga Hut Art Show by clicking this link now.

The Tonga Hut Since 1958
Tonga Hut 1958
12808 Victory Blvd.
North Hollywood, Ca.91606

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-08-26 13:15 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 25, 2010 1:50 PM

Also.....

GROG and Jeremy Caveman Birthday
September 12th at the Tonga Hut

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37618&forum=17&0

I'm Home from the Mai Kai and Tiki Oasis 10

• Please join me* Friday and Saturday's From 4-8pm for Happy Hour $2.00 Miller Beers, draft ot bottle and $3.00 Well Cocktails
    Better yet, **"TONGA TIME" ** 4:30-6:00pm **$5.00 **"Sunset on the Kona Kai" OR A "Coconut Burn"

SUNDAY Exotica Sunday. A day for Tikiphiles, DJ, snacks and cocktails. Don't miss it Sunday will be a sure Tiki Oasis Blues & Hangover Party! 4:00-8:00pm

PLUS Don't forget to get drinkin' on your Grog Log. Be a Bastard! Be amongst the privileged and honored.

• Remember, I am mixing it up for you on, Friday, Saturday and Exotica Sunday from 4:00-8:00pm See you at the Tonga Hut Since 1958

The Tonga Hut Since 1958
Tonga Hut 1958
12808 Victory Blvd.
North Hollywood, Ca.91606

Anyone going tonight?

T
TNT posted on Sun, Aug 29, 2010 4:27 PM

On 2010-08-29 15:44, Tigerlily wrote:
Anyone going tonight?

I wish we were. I've still got the flu and Tim is in San Antonio, TX for the week.

Tonga Hut pics from last night (8/29/2010)

Special of the night: Tonga Mac N' (Nacho) Cheese.

What's with that shirt?

Dude, what's with that shirt?

Manuel, Scott, Eric & Jeremy

Jeremy & Marty together again

Tigerlily, Sherriyaki & Shag...err I mean Erik

Jeremy loves the ladies

Tigerlily, Scott & Shag...err I mean Erik

Audrey Moorehead, Marty Lush & Kelly “HipHiPaHulA” Reilly

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-08-30 11:31 ]

Wednesday Sept. 1

Hey kids I'm pourin' cocktails today at the Hut! Come have a drink with me 4-8pm happy hour $2 beer and Trader Vic style Mai Tai's 'til 8pm

4:30-6pm "Tonga Time" $5 Trader Vic style Mai Tai's, Coconut Kallaloo or Hawaiian Eye cocktails your choice $5.00

Wednesday!!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-08-31 22:42 ]

G
GROG posted on Sun, Sep 5, 2010 5:23 PM

GROG on way to Tonga Hut to celebrate Kelly's one year anniversary bartending at the T.H. Come on down anybody who want a delicious Hiphipahula drink.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-09-05 17:24 ]

Crazy Al in da Hut Today Monday! Come say Aloha!!

I have so much to say but it have to wait till tonight. I love ya all!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Sep 6, 2010 2:05 PM

CRAZY ALoha!

You can't say Aloha without "AL". :)

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-09-06 14:14 ]

Tuesday! Mixing it up at the Tonga Hut 4-8pm Come spend Happy Hour with me. Cocktail specials. $5.00 VooDoo Grogs! 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies