Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kelly Hiphipahula'sTonga Hut Parties 2009-2012 Farewell pg.42

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies

Today Sunday from 4-8 pm it's "Exotica Sunday" Please Join me for Exotic cocktails, Free snacks, Music and Tiki fun! Cocktail Specials start at only $5.00 Come on out and try my new original "Flor De Jamaica" and Hiphipahula's "Rum Barrel" It's amazing! See you here!

TT

Pics from last night...

"Uh ou, Tom's here, we gotta go..."

"OK, show me your hands!"

Scott brings his bud Chad to the Hut. He's already six drinks in on the Grog Log.

DJ Tobunga in the house!

Russ is back...Group shot!

"I wanna snuggle too!"

"Down where!?!"

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 6, 2011 12:45 PM

K

Some great and hilarious photos in there Tom! Never a dull moment at the Hut! Fun times!

TT

New "Bastard" inductee tonight!!!
Come join us as we salute our latest...The final drink should go down around 7:30-ish.
Drop in early and have a cocktail with Hiphipahula!!!

Sunday please join in as we celebrate "No Hukilau" We couldn't make it to Ft. Lauderdale this year so were having a extra special party to celebrate with all our friends left behind :( . Music, FREE NoHo Nachos & Snacks, Cocktail Specials starting at $5, $2 Beer, $3 Well Cocktails. Plus were "Grog Loging" We're going to visit this week with friends that we don't see as often because of distance so come on out and say hello and party with us!! Doors open at 4pm and I'll be mixing until 8pm Sunday!! See you here!

Must get some Hiphipahula cocktails STAT!

We're going to do our bestestestest to get up there for the Exotica Sunday today.
(especially considering the "No Hukilau" celebration for those of us that couldn't trek out to FLA.)

Fun night at the Hut last night. Here's some photos....
Coconut Burns anyone?

For a larger version, you can go here and click on the image to super size it: http://tongatom.blogspot.com/

TT

Heck, I almost forgot, we had another "Bastard" inductee last Friday night.
And, I hear there's gonna be another this Friday too!

How many bastards does it take to fill a booth?

We missed you Kelly!!!

Oh yeah Kelly, you missed my fill-in "DJ" debut ta boot.
Shoulda taken a pic...

JB

On 2011-06-19 23:37, Tonga Tom wrote:
Oh yeah Kelly, you missed my fill-in "DJ" debut ta boot.
Shoulda taken a pic...

TT

Thanks Scott!

I missed you guys! I missed DJ Tonga Tom's Premiere, I missed Humu & Rich! Oh NOOOooooo!.... I will be back Friday and of course I'm mixing cocktails Fri.-Sun. 4-8pm with our "Exotica Sunday" Party with DJ Marty Lush of the Tikiyaki Orch. daboot you crazie'zzzz.... See you then with Fun, Music, Cocktail and FREE snacks!

TT

New BASTARD at Tonga Hut...Should be goin' down 'round 8:00 tonight!

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2011-06-24 16:43 ]

** Exotica Sunday!** Please Join us for Exotic Cocktails, Music, Snacks and Good Times all starting today at 4:00 pm with HipHiPaHulA Kelly Reilly! Beer starting at only $2 Well Cocktails at $3 Exotic Cocktails Starting at $5!
Join me for Hiphip's "Endless Summer" once again ... Doors open at 4:00pm See you at the Tonga Hut!

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-06-26 08:57 ]

**P.S. MARTY LUSH will be in the Hut spinning all your Exotica, Lounge and Surf Favorites! **

** Exotica Sunday!** Please Join us for Exotic Cocktails, Music, Snacks and Good Times all starting today at 4:00 pm with HipHiPaHulA Kelly Reilly! Beer starting at only $2 Well Cocktails at $3 Exotic Cocktails Starting at $5!
Join me for Hiphip's "Endless Summer" once again ... Doors open at 4:00pm See you at the Tonga Hut!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 27, 2011 10:44 AM

Nice meeting Matango Derek and his wife visting from Pittsburg. Happy anniversary. And, Klockwork and his wife up from san Diego. Happy anniversary also.

And, congratulions tall Erik on finishing all the drinks in the GROG LOG and becoming the newest member of the Loyal Order of the Drooling Bastard.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-06-27 23:07 ]

J

We had out-of-town TC visitors last night ?? You guys should have gotten into the group picture.

Sorry for not introducing myself. :( I was curious about the unfamiliar faces sporting "colors".

I am so shy (or rude).

TT

Here's some pics from last night. Great drinks, great company, great time!

Erik gets his last drink and his "Buck Off" token!

Erik scooches down and Kelly climbs up a ladder to adorn him with his token

"I'm a bastard!"
"Now you're one of us!"

It's a surprise visit from Audrey! She likes them "bastards"

Scott and John can't believe their eyes

Marty Lush is back in the Hut!

Sam says..."Don't take any more photos of me, or I'm flipping the bird."

Last night's group shot...Klockwork aka Kurt and his wife Tami are behind JOHN-O, I guess he didn't see them in the group shout because he was in the front :wink: You can see a larger version of this photo here: http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2011/06/tonga-hut-2262011.html (just click on the pic to make it bigger).

BASTARDS!!!

Matango Derek and Erin from Pittsburg

T

Work has finally released its chokehold on me so expect to see more of us at the TH soon. We miss you guys!

Now that I see Tom's photo, me & the Mrs. saw Matango Derek and Erin at Trader Vic's last Saturday. Wish we'd known they were TC Ohana.

Thank You everyone for coming out, we missed some late arrivals in our group shot this week but thank you Out-Of- Towners! Wonderful to spend time with you. Derek & Erin also informed me that the Tonga Hut was mentioned in LAX Magazine as one of L.A.'s Best Bars!! They are going to get the Hut a copy to save....who knew :) Thanks guys...

J

Congratulations to Jeremy, Kelly, and the Tonga Hut !!!

THE best bar in Los Angeles...

http://lax-magazine.com/current-issue page 16...

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-06-28 14:39 ]

TT

I stumbled across this on the interweb last night...
'Girl Walks Into a Bar'
Check out Tonga Hut at the :30 - :40 mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZnP6prUWsU&feature=player_embedded#at=36

On 2011-06-28 14:33, JOHN-O wrote:
Congratulations to Jeremy, Kelly, and the Tonga Hut !!!

THE best bar in Los Angeles...

http://lax-magazine.com/current-issue page 16...

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-06-28 14:39 ]

Thank You John-O for the post,

*We are proud, buttons busting! A good year for us at the Tonga Hut best bar mention in L.A. Times, L.A. Weekly, Book L.A.Bizarro an L.A.X. Magazine where Tonga Hut placed 5th under the Varnish at number 1. Thanks Tiki Centralites for coming out and supporting the Hut. It's just the beginning ! :) ** * Tonga Hut Since 1958

Tonga Hut Since 1958

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-06-29 10:02 ]

It's Sunday beat the heat come join us for Exotica Sunday ! Cocktail Specials starting at $3 Beer $2 Tiki Cocktails at only $5 see you at the Tonga Hut!

SATURDAY

H
harro posted on Thu, Jul 7, 2011 2:20 PM

I'm looking forward to visiting the Tonga Hut in my brief time (3 days) in LA after Oasis... Unfortunately it won't be a Fri-Sat-Sun so Hiphipahula won't be able to mix me one of her amazing creations that i've read about???

T

On 2011-07-07 14:20, harro wrote:
I'm looking forward to visiting the Tonga Hut in my brief time (3 days) in LA after Oasis... Unfortunately it won't be a Fri-Sat-Sun so Hiphipahula won't be able to mix me one of her amazing creations that i've read about???

Now that's just tragic. :cry:

TT

Even though we'll miss Kelly while she's at home taking care of her foot, Tonga Hut will be having some drink specials for those daring enough to make it out during "Carmageddon".
$5 Mai Tais, $3 well drinks, and $2 domestic beers all day and all night on Friday & Saturday (July 16th & 17th)!

YAY HAPPY HOUR ALL DAY & NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

See you all tonight :drink:

Heard Kelly is not in tonight so on to the TI

T

Uh-oh... from Carmageddon to Catas-toe-phy!

We'll raise a toast Kelly's toes and a speedy recovery... those Hiphipahula libations ain't gonna mix themselves!

See everybody tonight... I'm on a new work schedule (yay! no more 4am fer me!), so we can stay out a bit later than usual!

Great time at TH tonight. Lots of new to Exotica Sunday friends in tha Hut.
We totally missed you Kelly, no Shaka Hulas tonight. :( ...But we did have a few TH Navy Grogs...damn good stuff!!!
Thank you Jeremy for supplying pizza for the bar, you rule! I think it might have been dusted in under 15 minutes.
Happy Birthday to Bobby who showed up with his ever flowing posse tonight.
There were at least 6 Bastards including Rock Star Neal (with the lovely Kira) in attendance tonight.
Great to see TC regulars Eric, Manuel, Erik, Scott, Russ...and possibly more, sorry if I forgot.
HipHip & Marty...Get well soon!!!
Sorry, no pix tonight...I was having too much of a good time! :)

Missed you all, thanks for the best wishes, I'm doing good, getting around slowly but making good progress see you all this weekend!

Get better Kelly!!
Super sad the 1 weekend I could go you were not there!
I will have to finagle my time when you are better!
Please get better soon :(

Ahhh... Thank you, thank you :)

H

Kelly, are you working tonight?

Yes I sure am :) com on in! 4-8pm

H

Kelly, thanks again for one of the the best Rum Barrels I ever had. Hope to see you soon.

Great time at TH last night with new Bastard inductee Jeff!

Sherriyaki can't believe how good Marty Lush looks since the last time she saw him.

Dr. G & Joe Banks kickin' it Tiki style

Elvis with a couple of aspiring Bastards

Marty is back in action!

This one makes it official!

The Newbie Bastard and his buddies

Krisdrama & Bearded Bastard

New photo record! 9 Bastards!

Oh yeah, GROG brought these by too...

Looking Great Grog! I just don't know how you carve these up with only a rock.

Hey Kelly how are you feeling?
Will you be tending bar tomorrow and......
will it be Exotica Sunday?

We have the night off and can come out play?
We can taste them now,
Kelly's special Rum Barrels, Black Sand Blue Sea's Yum!!

Thanks for thinking of me :) stayed tuned!

J

How's it looking for this Sunday Kelly (8/14) ??

I've missed you and your mixology. :)

** This SUNDAY ** AUG. 14 Hiphip shall return! I'll be mixing it up from 4-8pm
Please join me before we are off to Tiki Oasis where I'll be mixing in not 1 but 2 Room Crawls sponsored by Tonga Hut, Goin' Primitive, Appleton Rum, Primo & Tikiyaki Orch.

Please Join me! Sunday!!!! I'm excited to visit with you and I just might throw some
New Orleans beads at you! :wink:. Sunday 4-8pm ... Aloha Baby!

P.S. I won't be at the Hut Friday or Saturday just SUNDAY

Tonga Hut Since 1958

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-08-11 08:18 ]

TT

It's been waaaay too loooong since I've had a Shaka Hula Bossa Nova!
Who's gonna join us at TH tomorrow?
Gotta get my Kelly drink fix, especially since we won't be at Tiki Oasis next weekend.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies