Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kelly Hiphipahula'sTonga Hut Parties 2009-2012 Farewell pg.42

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies

Shaka Hula Bossa Nova! See you Sunday, Today ... 4-8pm excited to visit with y'all !

H

Not sure if any of the usual crowd will be there tonight, but I am planning on going. I am hoping to see some familiar faces.

Here's some photo from Sunday 8/14/2011 (the weekend before Tiki Oasis)

It's exactly the same, but totally different

"How'd this get here?"

GROG doing his Jeremy impression

Thanks Tom, that was a fun day let's do it again this Friday-Sunday 4-8pm with Hiphipahula!

Don't miss "Exotica Sunday" today ! Cocktails, tunes and snacks! See you at the Tonga Hut!

TT

Tonga Hut 8/28/2011

T

Manuel and I are in the home stretch for finishing off the Grog Log... only 6 cocktails to go!

This Sunday, September 4th, we're planning to do the coffee (and tea!) drinks on the log. I believe the cocktails in question are the Coffee Grog, the Krakatoa and the Hot Buttered Rum (that's the one with tea!)

So we're bringing some fresh coffee with us... plus some tea bags (for fresh steeped tea!)

Anybody who still needs to mark these off their checklist, c'mon down to the Hut this Sunday!

TT

We'll be there to cheer you on E&M, but no "tea bagging" for us (we already did that).
You should bring skull mugs from which to drink your steaming beverages though.

Hope to see a lot of non-regular regulars this Sunday since Monday is a holiday...Yay!

Oh yeah, Marty Lush will be back with his Lush-ous tunes!

See ya'll on Sunday!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Sep 3, 2011 8:08 PM

And don't forget NEXT weekend is Caveman Birthday Party Deux for Jeremy, Adrian, and GROG:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?forum=17&topic=37618

TT

Had a great time at the Hut last night!
Delicious drinks, tasty tunes, super special salsa, and the fancy cheese!

The early group shot....

...and the later group shot.

If you want to see larger versions of these photos, you can go here: http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2011/09/tonga-hut-942011.html

(tiki)Val and I had a great time last night at the Hut. It had been a long time since we'd been there for a "regular" Tiki Central Sunday and not a special event like Moai Madness (those are great in their own right). We had an awesome time and everyone made us feel right at home...Kelly with the awesome drinks, Marty playing great music all night, Tom nudging us into the photo, Jeremy the gracious host, Grog, Rory, and many other familiar faces. Such a fun great vibe. We're planning to make it a Sunday habit as much as possible.

Mahalo all!

kevin

Thanks for coming out Yesterday! Don't forget, next Sunday is Jeremy, Grog and Poly Pop Adrian's Birthday Party the Camveman theme this year is " Ugly Disco Shirt Party" see more here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=37618&forum=17&start=30

Jeremy, grog and Adrian's Birthday Party this Sunday Sept. 11! Jeremy wants a Ugly DISCO SHIRT CAVEMAN Party this year   I Love It ! So please wear your ugly DISCO SHIRT to the party, we know you have one in the closet hidden somewhere ! Also, feel free to bring a potluck item or snack. Were gonna have a great time! DJ Marty Lush will join us and it promises a great time for all! 

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-09-06 08:52 ]

Sunday! The 18th ! Join us as Eric October, Manuel & Jocelyn (Iilusako) finish their GROG LOG! Let's celebrate! Exotic Cocktails starting at only $5 and Beer at $2 Doors open at 4:00 Snacks & NoHo Nacho's!

Tonga Hut Since 1958

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-09-18 08:51 ]

Next Sunday (the 25th), I'll be wrapping up a So Cal vacation with my family... that Sunday's my birthday, and when they asked me what I wanted to do, I said TONGA HUT! Actually, I said Tony's at the Pier, and THEN TONGA HUT! I sure would love to see a whole mess of you lovely folks that night at the Hut. Hiphipahula, I hope you'll be behind the bar, I was sad to miss you last time.

T

Yay! Today we finish the the Grog Log! See everybody at the Hut!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2011 3:53 PM

GROG see ya'll tonight to see you finish Grog Log.

GROG always look forward to seeing Humuhumu, especially at the Tonga Hut. See you next Sunday Humu to help celebrate Humu' birthday.

J

Congratulations Tobunga, Manuel, and Lilusako !!

I will be there in Tiki spirit. :)

TT

Tonga Hut's Jeremy & Kelly welcome new Bastards Eric, Manuel & Jocelyn.

Big Bastard Bonanza Blowout! 13 plus 2 via smartphone.

Congrats to the new Bastards!

S

BTW< when we gave our waiter the secret code for the discount at Tonga, he said it was for hotel guests only.

J

Actually Swanky, that secret code is only valid for those of us who know the difference between the Tonga HUT and the Tonga ROOM. I'm updating your entry in my Tiki Excel spreadsheet accordingly.

Ha Ha. :D

I'll give Swanky a discount if he shows up, hell, I'll buy him a whole cocktail :)

You Bastards! Eric, Manuel & Joycelyn!

On 2011-09-18 11:15, Humuhumu wrote:
Next Sunday (the 25th), I'll be wrapping up a So Cal vacation with my family... that Sunday's my birthday, and when they asked me what I wanted to do, I said TONGA HUT! Actually, I said Tony's at the Pier, and THEN TONGA HUT! I sure would love to see a whole mess of you lovely folks that night at the Hut. Hiphipahula, I hope you'll be behind the bar, I was sad to miss you last time.

Miss Humuhumu, I will be there, mixing it up I wouldn't miss it! Let's make it a true L.A. Homecoming and Birthday Party:) Hutian's and Bastard's please feel free to bring your favorite snacks & goodies out to the party we will have NoHo Nachos and treats as well. Let's party This Sunday Sept. 25th Doors open at 4:00 with Birthday Cocktail specials $ Tonga Hut is Calling.....

G
GROG posted on Tue, Sep 20, 2011 8:19 AM

Yay Humu!

S

Oops. Too many things to read. It's all a blurr from here...

G
GROG posted on Sat, Sep 24, 2011 1:10 PM

BUMP for Humu's birthday celebration this Sunday. Yay! GROG need cake!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Sep 26, 2011 8:29 AM

Sorry Humu, GROG not make it because GROG had mugs in the kiln and couldn't leave the kiln unattended.

GROG hope you had good birthday. GROG miss Humu. :(

TT

Here's a photo from the festive event...

You can check out a larger version of the photo at my Tonga Tom blog listed below...

Howdy...I'm new here and am thinking of stopping by The Hut on Sunday 10/2 for a Mai Tai and some exotic. Is Mr. Lush expected to dj?

Sunday is the 8 Ball show! Vendors and a LIVE BAND all starting at 11am :) come on down! DJ Lush will be at the Hut the following Sunday see you at the Tonga Hut

See you later today for all the fun! Cocktail Specials! $2 Beer $5 Exotic Cocktails! DJ! Snacks!

Come celebrate Homecomings at the Tonga Hut Today Sunday Oct. 23 We're all home from the far away exotic lands we we're all visiting so let's get into the Halloween swing and party! Cocktails with Hiphipahula!, Free Snacks, Exotica DJ Tom and you'll be there! Join us from
4:00-8:00 pm and tonight I will be behind the bar until close so please come out and party with me, I'll fix you something good to drink! :)

G
GROG posted on Sun, Oct 23, 2011 12:28 PM

Got any sasparilla?

Grog is a Sassy boy ...

Tomorrow Sunday! Wear your Halloween costume and receive a FREE Shot! See you then Zombie's, Headhunters & Canibals!!

On 2011-10-29 12:04, Hiphipahula wrote:
Tomorrow Sunday! Wear your Halloween costume and receive a FREE Shot! See you then Zombie's, Headhunters & Canibals!!

Today!!!! Happy Halloween! We have a Halloween Exotica Party going on! DJ Tonga Tom, Free Snacks, Taco's in the back! And MORE! See you soon, Doors open at 4pm

Photos! We need photos of giant pizzas, good friends and happy moments!

TT

Okay! Here's some photos...

Damn, those drinks were good.

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! The Tonga Hut with HipHiPaHulA and DJ Marty Lush of the Tikiyaki Orchestra doors open at 4pm
This will be a "Lay-over, Hang-over" Party for sure! Please join us for Cocktails, Music, Snacks and pure FUN! Cocktails starting at only $5 and as always, $2 Beer! Let's drink the entire Grog Log together! See you Sunday at the Hut!

Tonga Hut Since 1958

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-11-04 17:17 ]

I put a sea shell to my ear and I heard Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid and Company are coming into the Hut for a Cocktail :)

T

Tikiyaki Post Show celebration, with Mermaid in tow
!

TT

Well...I wasn't gonna go, but I guess now I will. :wink:
Can't to see ya'll, just hope Sherriyaki will recover in time.
I'll be sure to bring the tripod tonight.

It was great to be able to make a Sunday Night Party again!
The drinks were the Cat's Meow as usually Hiphipahula,
hopefully I can make this trip again soon :)

TT

What a wonderful time we had last night!
Go see a larger version of the photo here: http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2011/11/tonga-hut-1162011.html and just click on the pic.

...Now I have to get back to going through the Tikiyaki pics from Saturday.

Good Times! What a hoot to have all you from far & near in the Hut! On behalf of Jeremy and myself, Thank you for making the Tonga Hut part of your journeys! See you soon!

TT

I've recovered from last night (thanks JOHN-O!), now I'm off to the HUT.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies