Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kelly Hiphipahula'sTonga Hut Parties 2009-2012 Farewell pg.42

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies

TH

A reminder, Kelly Hiphipahula will be mixing It all up with DJ Marry Lush from 4-8pm if you have never had a Hip Cocktail Now is the time good Tiki People!

Were having a party! Snacks & Tiki Cocktails!

The Tonga Hut since 1958 L. A. 's Oldest Tiki Bar

T

Congrats Lisa Marie!

We're in San Diego as I type this, but if we make it home in time, we'll definitely stop by the Hut to celebrate!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Mar 21, 2010 12:26 PM

See ya'll tonight. GROG thirsty for a Jungle Jetsetter.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-22 01:36 ]

Fun times at Tonga Hut last night, can't wait to do it again tonight.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Mar 21, 2010 3:06 PM

It's Fun-day Sunday, so be sure and wear your loudest Hawaiian shirts! Tikiphiles represent!!!

More fun times at Tonga Hut last night, can't wait for the PARKING LOT SALE next Sunday!

Thank you for post and taking pics Tonga Tom!
Every Sunday I look forward to Tiki Lounge & exotica night with DJ Lush, for the Shenanigans, the amazing drinks by Hiphipahula, and hanging with the Tonga Hut Lurkers :D

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 22, 2010 9:04 PM

Ha ha ha! Thank you GROG!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 22, 2010 10:37 PM

GROG would do more if GROG had time, but trying to finish up ceramics for the art show.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Mar 23, 2010 10:57 AM

These "interesting angles" aren't because Tonga Tom is getting artsy with his photos. It's because he's so drunk at this point he can't shoot straight.

Wooo having cocktails at the Hut yay!

TT

Here's some pix from Saturday. There were at least 3 birthdays going on that night. One of them was zombie themed, and not just the drink.

TT

I had a crap load of pics from yesterday, so here's the first half of the pics from the Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale with The Hula Girls. I'll post the other half on the "Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale with The Hula Girls Sunday, March 28 at 4pm" thread. http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=35682&forum=17&start=180

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-03-31 18:42 ]

Looks like a Hoot, or a Hootenanny.
wish I had gone.

Jeff(btd)

This Sunday! Easter Sunday! April 4, 2010

Tonga Hut will NOT open until 8:00 pm

We will have our Tiki Party on Saturday !! Starting at 4:00 pm

Mahalo All and See ya at the TH !

J

Huh, why is Tonga Hut not opening until 8pm on Sun? I thought that Tiki pagan idolaters weren't supposed to recognize Judeo-Christian holidays.

I'm glad I checked this thread first. I'll plan to get my Tropical rum fix this Sat. afternoon instead.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 2, 2010 4:03 PM

GROG in O.C. this weekend, so party on without GROG.

Tiki Party Today Saturday 4/3/10
Cocktails, Snacks, Grog Log! Music!

This Sunday! Easter Sunday! April 4, 2010

Tonga Hut will NOT open until 8:00 pm

We will have our Tiki Party on Saturday !! Starting at 4:00 pm

Mahalo All and See ya at the TH !

JB

Will DJ Lush be a spinnin'?

WooooHoooo! We are on our way!! :)

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Hiphipahula for the Tiki-rrific Drinks. We had a lot of fun with Old & New Friends at The Tonga Hut last night :)

TT

It was great to meet SoccerTiki and WooHooWahine as well as hang with Joe Banks, Marty Lush, FilthyMidget, and John-O while enjoying some pre-Easter (Island) cocktails by Hiphipahula before Sherriyaki & I headed off to Palm Desert.
Here's some more pix for the mix...

Thank you everybody for coming out on Saturday. Saturday being a day before a holiday I didn't know what to expect so thank you kindly for hangin' out with us :) A special shout out and thanks to Soccer Tiki & Woohoo for coming out for my Tiki Party as well on Saturday, first timers. They traveled all the way from Orange County it was so very cool to have you at the Hut.
I hope everyone had a great Easter and I will see you this weekend. We have a couple surprises in store
for you at the TH coming up so please stay tuned!

What better way to spend my Easter Holiday then with Hiphipahula?
It was great to meet new TC friends :D
WooHooWahine & SoccerTiki are awesome drinking companions.
Alwas good to see John O. & discuss Goth and not Goth!
Joe Banks, Tonga Tom & Sherriyaki my constant drinking Companions, good times as always. I will miss you all this weekend in Tucson!

WooHoo & SoccerTiki see ya there!

cheers

and Grog we totally missed you Sunday! :(

Today April 11 Sunday! I'm at the Tonga Hut 4-8pm No Tucson for
me so come have Tiki Cocktails with us!

J

While everyone else was out-of-town lighting torches at the Kon-Tiki, I stayed behind to light a match in the Tonga Hut's men's restroom. Jeremy, what is that smell in there ?? !!

Oh, and Kelly's drinks were top-notch as usual. :)

Zororo, Zororo, Zororo.

TT

John-O, we must have just missed you...and that smell.
For those of us who couldn't make it to AZ this past weekend, we celebrated Tonga style last night with Hiphipahula.
We even had a new inductee to the Loyal Order Of The Drooling Bastard..."Das Tiemann."
Can't wait for the return of Marty Lush on Sunday!

Is Kelly working on an oversized "Green Toenail" for Tonga Hut's "Big LebowsTiki & Marmot Fest"?

Mr. & Mrs. Capt. R.H. Falernum

Scorpion Bowl

Jeremy can't believe how much I suck

Zoarrow! by Kirby

Zoarrow! Bowl

Blacksmith

Bastards: Tonga Tom, Sherriyaki, Das Tiemann

...now with the lovely Kira Von Sutra included

J
  1. Yup, I was out of there by 5pm.
  2. I keep missing RoseRed. :( She's cool.
  3. Who's that guy who looks like a young Shag? He was there when I was there.
  4. That new Drooling Bastard guy reminds of of Seth Green.
  5. That chick's hair is green !!
  6. Tonga Tom, it's good to see you with your signature hat again.
  7. Kelly warned me about turning Marty Lush's event thread into a Music thread. :(
  8. Doesn't Hiltiki ever show up anymore ? She's cool too.
  9. Where's Grog ? I owe him a drink.
  10. Capt. Falernum, you live in Mar Vista ? Do you want to be a Westside designated driver? I have a passenger for you. :)

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-04-13 06:48 ]

R

On 2010-04-12 21:09, JOHN-O wrote:

1. Yup, I was out of there by 5pm. < AWWWW, BUMMER! :( >
  2. I keep missing RoseRed. :( She's cool. <I MISS U TOO JOHN-O> !!!
  3. Who's that guy who looks like a young Shag? He was there when I was there.
  4. That new Drooling Bastard guy reminds of of Seth Green.
  5. That chick's hair is green !! < OUI,C'EST VRAI!!! >
  6. Tonga Tom, it's good to see you with your signature hat again. < :) >
  7. Kelly warned me about turning Marty Lush's event thread into a Music thread. :(
  8. Doesn't Hiltiki ever show up anymore ? She's cool too. ,
  9. Where's Grog ? I owe him a drink.
  10. Capt. Falernum, you live in Mar Vista ? Do you want to be a Westside designated driver? I have a passenger for you. :)

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-04-13 06:48 ]

R

thanx again to Kelly, Tonga Tom, Sheriyaki, Jeremy, Bobby, Scott, Lisa Marie, new bud Eric... and of course ZOARROW for helping to make my very otherwise SH**Y day quite pleasant afterall. You guys ROCK!!!

(and MAN, those bowls are STRONG!!!)

• Rosered

[ Edited by: RoseRed 2010-04-13 10:26 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Apr 13, 2010 11:31 AM

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-04-13 11:35 ]

Hahahha ... freakin' Ernie! :D

On like Mahjong Braddha's & Sistha's!

Saturday I am jigger pourin' 4-8pm and Sunday 4-8 pm DJ Marty Lush, Cocktails & Nacho's that's just for starters. Come join us!

Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Bl.
No. Hollywood 91606

TT

Tonga Tom's Birthday Hangover party at Tonga Hut today from 4pm - 8pm.
4-8 pm DJ Marty Lush, Cocktails & Nacho's that's just for starters. Come join us!

On 2010-04-18 08:19, Tonga Tom wrote:
Tonga Tom's Birthday Hangover party at Tonga Hut today from 4pm - 8pm.
4-8 pm DJ Marty Lush, Cocktails & Nacho's that's just for starters. Come join us!

Here, Here! That is just for starters! Come watch Tom get wrecked today!
Have a Birthday Cocktail on me Birthday Boy!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Apr 18, 2010 11:05 AM

Kelly's been experimenting again this weekend and has found a new secret ingredient to put in some of her drinks, so come on down and give 'em a try.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Apr 18, 2010 11:08 AM

P.S. For those idiots not smart enough to realize it's a joke---- DO NOT USE paint thinner, Drano, brake fluid, or anti-freeze in your drinks!

I don't like odorless paint thinner, you can't taste it.

heading of to Tonga Hut to hear the Tiki Lounge & Exotica sounds of DJ Marty Lush.

TT

Here's some photos from Tonga Tom's Birthday Hangover Party.

Hahha yeah, Ernie was pretty hammered by the end of the party. That was fun, I got to hang out till after midnight :wink:

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 24, 2010 11:44 AM

Going to celebrate Atomikitty's Birthday at the Tonga Hut on Sunday. Come out and buy the pretty lady a drink. Now she's legal age where she can drink.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Apr 25, 2010 11:52 AM

Come get Suzy drunk today at the Tonga Hut for her birthday. (Chocalate cake shots) She gets all crazy and starts hanging on everybody telling them she loves them (even if she just met them) and starts flashing her boobs, and if there's a lammpshade around, she's wearing it. And then Adam gets mad and starts to drag her out of the bar, and they get in a big fight in the parking lot, and as soon as he gets her in the car she throws up and passes out.The next day she wakes up with a hangover and the only thing she remembers is arriving at the bar. It's crazy and a good time is had by all, so come on down.

This is Suzy on her birthday last year.

Lies GROG! ALL LIES!!!
I would NEVER wear a zebra print lampshade-that's just tacky!

That first post he put up was nice, but then he backhands me with this slanderous gossip so I am FORCED to respond!
You'll be hearing from my lawyer GROG . . . :wink:

But seriously folks, it would be great to see some TC friends out at the Tonga Hut tonight to help me celebrate! :D
I'll be rolling in around 5:30, and you can help roll me out around 9. :wink:

MAHALO!

~ Suzy
Atomikitty

Suzy, I would love to represent you against Grog's libelous photos and statements. Just remember truth is a defense.
Brenda

Tiki Party Today! New Cocktails added to the menu. See you here 4-9pm open till 2am

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies