Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kelly Hiphipahula'sTonga Hut Parties 2009-2012 Farewell pg.42

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies

T

The guy in the center looks like Shag from the future.

JB

"I've come back to warn you Josh...do not let Biff get his hands on Grey's Sport's Almanac!"

T

On 2010-01-18 05:41, Joe Banks wrote:
"I've come back to warn you Josh...do not let Biff get his hands on Grey's Sport's Almanac!"

A hundred years ago? That's THIS year!

Sorry we missed you last night, Mr. Banks! Heard you were feeling a bit under the weather, hope you're feeling better! Also heard you snapped lots of pix of the Anointing of the Bastards, a ceremony we missed... please post some pix!

Congratulations to Tom and Sherri, the first Drooling Bastards!

'tis true, I was not my usual invincible self....much better now. Mahalo.

I did snap a few shots...but they were all with other people's cameras. Hopefully, pix will appear soon!

TT

Thanks to all who joined us last night for our inauguration into the "Loyal Order of the Drooling Bastard" at Tonga Hut.
Here's some photos from the event...sorry I didn't get shots of everyone.

Damn, so pissed I missed it! Congrats!

I'll be there on the wall too very soon... by 'soon' I mean in the next couple years. Which is pretty soon relative to being immortalized forever, but hey.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jan 19, 2010 6:26 PM

Tonga Tom and Sherriyaki completing the 78th drink from the Groglog.

Ojaitimo was too good to post pics on this lowly thread, so he started his own.

GROG
Just because it's Witco doesn't mean its cool.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-01-19 18:34 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jan 19, 2010 6:44 PM

Marty Lush and GROG trying to figure out which side your tassle is supposed to hang to indicate whether you're gay or straight.

GROG

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-01-19 18:45 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jan 19, 2010 6:55 PM

Jeremy didn't realize he was buying a gay bar when he bought the Tonga Hut.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jan 19, 2010 7:03 PM

If you ever wondered what Kelly was thinking when she is mixing drinks...

GROG

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-01-19 19:12 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Jan 19, 2010 7:05 PM

JA JA JA! GROG LOCO! :D

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jan 19, 2010 7:14 PM

Si!

The Tonga Hut Presents

Haiti Relief Fundraiser Sunday Jan. 24th 4:00pm - 2:00am
"we can make a difference"

$2.00 from each shot drink you choose will be donated to the American Red Cross as well as any donation you choose to make.

Please join Kelly HiPhiPahula & Lisa-Marie as we mix it up with DJ Marty Lush!

Plenty of snacks, food, music & good times!

Our help is needed! See you here!

12808 Victory Bl. No. Hollywood ( 818)769-0708

Please repost

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-01-23 17:28 ]

J

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-01-20 19:32 ]

Haha!! Grog is f'in hilarious!!! And let it been known, there is no water like "Tonga Water" fresh from my opening chores my friend!
Hey, congrats again Tonga Tom & Sherriyaki! You Bastards!!!

Gawd...I'm missing all the good stuff....as soon as we're done with the 2nd house...we will be free! I'm getting so stir-crazy, I'll probably be able to do all 90 drinks in one sitting.

Correction : Tonga Hut will give $2 per shot bought :) Please join us Sunday! Party!!

First leg of the Haiti Relief Fundraiser at Tonga Hut Sunday Jan. 24 from 4pm-2am.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jan 25, 2010 2:38 PM

It's hard to tell what's happening just by the pictures, so this should help:

Kelly(Hiphipahula) mixing up some her tasty original drinks.

Marty Lush enjoying some of the food provided by the Tonga Hut.

Marty Lush enjoying a tender moment with Mommy Lush.

Tikigeeki enjoying the nachos, and Tikiyaki (Jim) looks on as DJ Marty Lush entertains the crowd.

GROG hanging out with Tobunga and Manuel.

DJ Lushy, and Tikiyaki Jim. FilthyMidget and Tikigeeki look on while Jeremy demonstrates the advantage of owning a bar if you're an alcoholic, and Manuel, and Tobunga enjoy their drinks made by Hiphipahula.

Jeremy sings about his favorite subject when he's drunk, AND when he's sober.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-01-26 00:26 ]

High-larious!!!

Thanks Grog!

-Tom

Party today like it's 1958! Sunday Jan. 31 The Tonga Hut !!

Grog I love you Dude!!

New cocktails today to debut! Kon- tiki Rain, Sandy Warner & the Sambucaninni ! Come have a taste!

I'm at the Tonga Hut mon. & wen. Come spend happy hour with me! 4-8pm Specials!!
I need you!

T

Wait... is that in addition to Sat & Sun, or instead of?

Just this week. Tomorrow wed. Come see me!

Half time over! Tonga Hut ! NOW Sunday!

Big Tiki Party tomorrow Sunday! Really Big show with DJ Marty Lush 4-9 pm New Drinks. Try Trader Tom's "Phuket Phiz" & HiphiP's new "Kon-Tiki Rain", the "Sandy Warner" & "Poho Moku" and ... the "Band Geek"! See you tomorrow Sunday! Let's party!!!

On 2010-02-13 18:38, Hiphipahula wrote:
Big Tiki Party tomorrow Sunday! Really Big show with DJ Marty Lush 4-9 pm New Drinks. Try Trader Tom's "Phuket Phiz" & HiphiP's new "Kon-Tiki Rain", the "Sandy Warner" & "Poho Moku" and ... the "Band Geek"! See you tomorrow Sunday! Let's party!!!

Sherriyaki & I had a "Phuket Phiz" tonight, and it was Phuk-a-licious! The "Kon-Tiki Rain" and the "Sandy Warner" are recommended too. We had a sneak sip at the "Band Geek", good for those who like something sweet. We might have tried the "Poho Moku", but didn't know the name yet. See you Sunday night for some drinks and "tiki" nachos.

R

On 2010-02-13 23:57, TongaTom wrote:

On 2010-02-13 18:38, Hiphipahula wrote:

Sherriyaki & I had a "Phuket Phiz" tonight, and it was Phuk-a-licious! The "Kon-Tiki Rain" and the "Sandy Warner" are recommended too. We had a sneak sip at the "Band Geek", good for those who like something sweet. We might have tried the "Poho Moku", but didn't know the name yet. See you Sunday night for some drinks and "tiki" nachos.

RIGHT ON! c uthere. can't wait to try "Tiki" Nachos(???vegetarian???)and the Kon-Tiki Rain. (I even have NEW MUG and everything)

• Rosered :)

(P.S. I'll be bringing a get well soon card for Tiki Kate if anyone wants to sign it)

TT

We're looking forward to celebrating VD at TH.

Yes RoseRed, the nachos are veggie friendly. And depending on how "real" the cheese is, they may be vegan friendly. :)

TT

Here's some photos from Valentine's Night at Tonga Hut...Enjoy!

J

On 2010-02-14 13:02, TongaTom wrote:

Tom, I'm not so sure that's cause for celebration.

I would suggest penicillin over rum before you become a true "drooling bastard". :D

R

On 2010-02-14 13:02, TongaTom wrote:

Yes RoseRed, the nachos are veggie friendly. And depending on how "real" the cheese is, they may be vegan friendly. :)

...and they were yummy too :P
great pix! I especially love the "postcard" look of the inside- BEAUTIFUL!

It was good times as always last Sunday. My liver is already looking forward to this Sundays :D

Is on her 2nd Martini @ Tonga Hut listening to DJ Marty Lush till 9pm

Sherriyaki & I had a great time tonight. Thank you Marty Lush for supplying the tunes and Lisa Marie for mixing the drinks!

"BIG BROWN NUT" PARTY SUNDAY 2/28/10 4pm-9pm
We will be Featuring the exotic sounds of Sing-a-long with the TH'S "Jeremy" and The "Lancer of Lounge" John Paul (God rest is soul) in the TH's Theme song " Big Brown Nut"!

Also Headlining is "Marty Lush" Spinning the Luscious sounds of Hawaiian, Surf and Lounge! And... Tiki Mixologist "Hiphipahula" Kelly
who will be serving up the NEW Tonga Hut Original Nutty Delight, the "BIG Brown Nut" along with the "Coco Loco"

Be prepared for a Tonga Hut Big Brown Nut Group Sing-a-long with Jeremy & John Paul and should YOU wish to "DUET" with John Paul yourself The Tonga Hut will present a Flaming Tiki Bowl for Two, any cocktail of your choice to the winner of the Duet-Solo performer.
So take some singing lessons, get out that dusty Elvis costume or whatever ya have hangin' 'round. The worse the better!

Join us here at the TH for Food, Snacks and the Best Tiki Cocktails Anywhere! Sunday 4pm-9pm

Tonga Hut Tiki Lounge
12808 Victory Blvd (at Coldwater Canyon)
North Hollywood, CA 91606-3013

LOOK HERE: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35673&forum=17

"BIG BROWN NUT" PARTY PIX!!!

Another Tiki Party Sunday! Today ! 4-9pm Be there, I will :)

TT

Here's a few pics from Oscar night at Tonga Hut.
And the award goes to...Marty Lush for his portrayal of Captain Kirk.

It's Saturday! Were drinkin' Tiki Fabulous Cocktails!

Tomarrow! Sunday ! Huge Tiki Party! Come on in for Hiphip 's NEW Menu and drink specials! Were having tons of fun I promise!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Mar 14, 2010 12:21 PM

See ya'll tonight. GROG going to wear GROG' loudest Hawaiian shirt GROG have. Everybody wear their loudest Hawaiian shirt, and lets make it Loud Hawaiian Shirt Night at the Tonga Hut tonight.

Kelly's got a new, revised drink menu with some new killer drinks.

See ya'll this evening.

LET'GET LOUD AT THE TONGA HUT TONIGHT!!!

TT

We joined TikiGeeki for a birthday drink last night.
See you all tonight, hope I can find a (((LOUD))) Hawaiian shirt. :)

Party time now! Food! DJ Marty Lush! Cocktails !! NOW!

Is enjoying a Boo Loo with Marty Lush!

Tonga Hut Tiki Party 3/14/2010

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-03-15 00:18 ]

Thanks Tonga Tom!
You always capture our boozy moments on Sundays.

TH

Aloha Tiki Central!

Please join us Sunday 3/21 for a special tiki celebration for our Tiki Mixologist Lisa Marie who is running the L. A. Marathon. Lisa-Marie will finish running and will be joining us with her Mom to party and celebrate. Lisa Marie will then be pouring awesome Tiki Cocktails from 8:00 until close.

Let's congratulate her accomplishments Tiki Style!!

See you all here starting at 4:00 pm!!

Wow what an acomplishment Lisa Marie!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies