Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

BENZARTs Carvings, FIRST thread 04-09-2006

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 757 replies

B

Aaron you little turd, OOpps I bet. 'SOK, saved me the trouble of finding this long lost post. I have a little charm I'm about half done with and figured I would post it so you guys can fry it

I know this si not on my list but I had do do something I Wanted to do to get back in gear.

Welcome back Ben... ya never missed a step!

O

Mine, mine, mine, mine.... ?
Glad you're back!

Once again, all is right with the universe.
Nice work as always. More, more...

Yeah!, more, more, more! :P

if only we could carve half as good as you when your on a bad day . Love it . Thanks for sharing , glad to see your felling better

SF

I always enjoy seeing more of your work Ben. This one is cooler than cool.

F

Ben,

The Whale Rider is beautiful!

B

Thanks a Lot guys, I can't tell you how good it feels to hear your remarks. Also it feels SO good tocarve something again. I guess I gotta get back to work now??. Ona, no one has spoken for this yet, so I guess she is yours. if you want.
Thanks again everyone!

O

Yes, Awsome ..just let me know when she is ready!! looks beautiful...thanks

B

Ona, I need to swap out the hardware on Moki's bambag too, I don't like the latch, cause it dose'nt stay closed like it should.
I will remove the old hardware and fill the holes andre-lacquer it all over and then install the hardware and it will be ready to go too.
I really love this whale rider,especially since seeing the movie. The legend goes way back before the movie though and this whale rider is an ancient piece of art so the New Zealanders shouldn't mind my copying it a few times.
Anyway, both pieces should be complete at about the same time. We're looking at aboutin the mail to you by next Monday.
Boutiki should have a piese a day or 2 following that,
HappyHappyHappy

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2005-01-17 19:44 ]

Z

Your whale rider carving is just beautiful! The whale's face is perfect, so much personality. His eye is very captivating, he looks like he's keeping a secret. I love it. Your artwork is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

On 2004-12-08 19:37, Benzart wrote:
HappyHappyHappy

And that says it all! TC just ain't right when old Ben's not carvin'. Ha! That was my (one and probably only) turn to give Ben a good kick in the behind. I must relish this moment...

Love the whale rider, Ben!

A-A

B

Here are the Final pic's of the WhaleRider # 53.

Enjoy how ugly she is, but the whale doesn't care
Aaron I'll remember that kick!

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-12-09 08:57 ]

amazing carving, ben. Glad to see you back at it!

B

Oh Yeah, Heres the BamBag

Will you marry me?

B

Shure, let me check with my wife first tho.

great line finkdaddy....better not let
your wife find out you're in love with
a carver...but Benzart is certainly the
one to love! Wonderful idea on the bambag...
you are the best, Ben!

This blows me away, Ben. Those pieces are beautiful. We can see you've come back with a vengeance!

B

Thanks Congatiki, FD Didn't tell me he had a wife, What a 2 timer!!!
Sam, I'm just back a little bit, not quite up to half speed yet, but it DID Feel good to create something. Thanks.

B

Here is the next one. I haven't lacquered him yet, I'll start that tomorrow. This is 2 1/2 inches tall and 1 inch wide, carved out of Maple, very hard but holds the detail well. It has a light Mahogany stain applied.
The first 2 pic's are in front of our "Ben and Breakfast"

I numbered hin # 53 and have to change it because the last one was # 53 . I'll change it to 58

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-12-23 04:09 ]

Very nice Christmas scene Ben, warms the
cockles of my heart. Happy Holidays to
all!

B

Thanks Congatiki. I just Had to let him play in the snow. He has been claimed for Miss Amy , of the Boutiki clan as in Duke and Amy Carter. It was supposed to be a christmas present, but I couldn't get him out of the snow in time, but he can't wait to get to his new home and see his long lost brothers...

Benzie- You need to carve smaller!

B

Yeah I know. I bought a box of toothpix that might be too hard to carve but will be just right. That way, I'll use smallet ottls and when the blade gets me it'll just be a scratch
Hahaha
Thanks Benzboo, always lookin out for me.

Cool Ben, that is the way to do it! Merry Christmas!

B

Makes me think of Beavis & Butthead

Ben, that reminds me of your Giant Maori Warrior, but just a little smaller. That guy would scare the elves.

Have a great Christmas!

Aaron

On 2004-12-10 16:35, Benzart wrote:
FD Didn't tell me he had a wife, What a 2 timer!!!

Hey, wait a minute! When I asked you, you said yes! Now who's the 2-timer? :lol:

B

OOPPPPS ? I guess I'm the 2 timer. I don't know, maybe I'm a bit confused. Sherry is my 4th wife, but I may have had others,who knows?
Happy Happy Happy

B

58 finished with 6 coats of lacquer.

Enjoy

You've outdone yourself again, Ben! Excellent work.

B

Thanks Sam

Nothing short of amazing, Ben.

B

Thanks Aaron.
I need to rebuild my list. If anyone out there is on my carving list waiting for a carving for me. Let me know what it is and when you were put on the list. List it here or PM me. I can't seem to find the copy I thought I had since my hard drive was fried by Jeanne. Thanks .

8T

Ok everyone who had a carving request with Ben better get it renewed because I KNOW we're at the end of the line since we just placed our request this past week. So I will be a good boy and calmly wait my turn in line but you better step up or I might get your spot!!

B

Ben, I 'd love to be on the list. Your work is simply amazing.

I'm sure I'm last on the list, so you can start re-creating and work backwards from there!

S

Yeah, I think I was way near the top of the list for a shrunken head carving... :wink:

B

Wow, I guess when i get back carving I'm gonna have to work 24 hours a day to catch up. You All will be on my new list. Swank, I just don't remember you being there but I was wrong once so maybe again..

MD

Mr. Ben, how does that little guy have SIX coats of laquer? Do you thin the laquer at all or just apply it real lightly? Seems six coats on a guy that small would smother it, filling in all the features. Its a lesson I can't seem to get through my thick skull!

B

The lacquer is sprayed on and sanded with 380 grit after each coat. It smoothes out the orange peel and keeps it from getting too thick. Simple

TB

On 2005-01-08 22:32, Benzart wrote:
I need to rebuild my list. If anyone out there is on my carving list waiting for a carving for me. Let me know what it is and when you were put on the list. List it here or PM me. I can't seem to find the copy I thought I had since my hard drive was fried by Jeanne. Thanks .

Just checkin to see if i'm on list for a tap handle still from 1-4-05.

TBird.

B

TikiBird, yes you are there. I almost have all the pieces put together and I'll let you know then where you are on the list. Thanks

Ben you remember our recent email right? So, I hope I am on the list somewhere. :) Thanks.

B

Thanks Dimethios, yes I have you writen down. I promise I will post the list today. I have gone thru all old emails and PM's and thin I have everyone now. Thanks for your patience.

B

Here is what my carving list looks like. If you should be here, let me know. If you wish not to be here let me know. If I have anything listed incorrectly_ _ _ ,let me know
My leg is almost healed and I have a minor surgery scheduled for Feb 15 on a finger. I can work some now and will be working more as time goes by.

From the old list which is still current.
Tiki Toa Maori cannibal
Mutantiki mutant tiki
TnTiki 12” Moai
VWTikiGirl BamBag
NJTikiBoy, Maori Mask Life sized
Virani Shrunken head pendant and 15” ‘too mask
KonHemsby Maori Pendant
………………………………………………………………………….
New list
Jon Pez undecided? 9-16-04
Dimetheos undecided 12-26-04
Jungle Trader 3-4” lono pendant 12-26-04
8’Tiki his tiki pendant 12-27-04
TikiBird Tangaroa keg-tap handle 12-30-04
Congatiki 12” Maori 1-09-05
Spermwhale congo tiki 1-09-05
Hakalugi Maori pendant 1-09-05
Swank Maori shrunken head/tanned face skin 1-10-05
Mark Nesbitt Maori pendant UK 1-16-05
If anyone has any questions, PM me or email me at [email protected]
happyhappyhappy

8T

WOW.....'tis nice to be wanted eh Ben ?

Glad that your leg is almost healed.
Oh by the way, if you had your heel operated on, would you be waiting for it to "leg"?

Never mind, GET BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 757 replies