Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

BENZARTs Carvings, FIRST thread 04-09-2006

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 757 replies

T

Oh and Ben I got it in the mail yesterday, I was driving down the highway blowing it like a Haole Dude gone loco. I scared the beejeezers out of the wife when I got home with it! Great sound and the opening you did is sweet to use, I will be a mad man with it on Sat.

TToa >:)

B

Here is the piece for Gecko. I couldnt stand not to work on it when so little was needed to finish it. Besides it was able to get me fired up enough to start carving again after 2 weeks off

He isn't expecting it for a few weeks so I'll mail it out for a surprize.

Benzart your work is truly amazing.

O

excellent work as always Ben.

F
foamy posted on Wed, Aug 11, 2004 5:18 AM

Everything you've done looks great, but I like this one the best. Gecko is a fortunate fella.

B

Thanks SallyabdJay and Octane and Foamy too. I really need to do More Hawaiian Tikis. Once I'm done with these Shrunken Heads(nobody order any more...) I can get to some real Tiki carvings. Not that the Sheads are not real, they are just not what I want to carve a lot of. I have had fun with them but enough fun.
I'm Getting CLOSE to post # 1000. I never would have thunk it. I have Never been involved in Any Forum and never had Any desire to do so and infact , I HATED the idea of just Visiting any forums. See what you guys did? Changed my life forever is what. Thank You
HappyHappyHappy

Ben, thats a great piece,I agree more Hawaiian,not that theres anything wrong with any of the others of course!

1000, I'll have a drink to that!

Ben, you've outdone yourself AGAIN! That piece is beautiful! Congratulations also on coming up on 1000 posts. You'll be passing Hanford soon!

B

Thanks Sam and Cheeky, I appreciate it. This is from a piece of Koa thet Gecko sent me. Beautiful wood but very hard. It has a very elegant look to it. A Moai would be beautiful in this wood.
Thanks again

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-08-11 10:01 ]

Great piece Ben, as usual. Curious about what type of carvings you will have at Hukilau? Will we see alot of what we see here? I'm going to have to drain my savings account before the show.

B

Thanks Swampfire, You will see my usual stuff that you are all familiar with, plus a few new things thrown I hope. I have to start carving more for Hukilau if I am to have anything to show at all.I guess I'll start carving a piece for my waiting list and one or two for HukiLau. It feels good to be back carving again after a week that seemed like forever.
Thanks again.
Happyhappyhappy

B

Here is the Next Shrunken Head. I'll have to look on the list to see who gets this one.

My list shows Dawn Tiki gets the next Shrunken Head . I will have another one in a day or two for Chongolio

D

Yahooooo!

O

that guy looks great, kind of kreepy, love the bone through the nose. excellent work

B

Here is the next Shrunken head, #45.
Chongolio is next on the list for Shrunken Heads

This guy looks like he had a bad hair day.

Kind of looks like Larry from the 3 Stooges. Poor Larry.

I can't beleive that you are already up to #45.

In the timeless words of Daffy Duck:

http://www.pusboil.com/minemine.wav

That is so bad ass Benz ! That creepy lookin' bonehead has me totally spellbound with his head shrinken mojo.

eek-eek,
Chongolio

Another appropriate sound clip:

http://www.swiftsite.com/DanG/looney/ickity.wav

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-08-14 00:30 ]

B

Thanks Chongo, the Daffey duck was perfect. or Bugs or who ever it was.
Raffertiki, thank you too. I know, 45? already?
Actually it is up to 46 already . I have 7 pieces for HukiLau so far.
That means there are 39 Benzart fans in TC who have my pieces.
I'd better get busy, need more than 7 for HukiLau
Thanks everyone

T

Ben, the piece you did for Gecko was awsome.
I am glad to have two of your pieces of Art, and hope to get on the list again.

B

Thanks TikiBud, Nice hearing from you on this International Tiki Day. Hope All's well with you and hope the wahihe's knee is better

G
GECKO posted on Sat, Aug 14, 2004 8:39 PM

my braddah from anotha muddah.....dammmmm bad ass! Dat buggah is going to be hanging off of my big puka lei da second I get em!! I love it! da big puka lei i wear is already 5 lbs. Looks like you jus wen made'em a 10 pounda! mahalos for your hard work cuz!

Aloha

B

Thanks Gecko. I tried to quietly slip it in the mail and surprize you but I guess the cat's outta the bag. enjoy and send a pic of "da big puka lei" ,,,,Glad you like it

B

Here is the latest . TWO Moai. one for hiltiki, a 2 1/2 inch Macassar Ebony

Next Moai is almost 3 inches carved from Walnut burl another dark hard wood for Huki Lau .I gotta stop carving these Hard woods, thay're too hard.anyway here he is .

T

those are both great!!! i'm gonna have to get me a benzart piece someday soon.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:10 ]

O

excellent Ben, as good as always

Didn't know you had some ebony. Looks great as always.

B

Its not real ebony, It's Macassar Ebony which is not true ebony but a cousin to African true ebony. It finishes Very dark sometimesand a Light brown. Both are hard as nails. That was the last piece, I have no more. But It is available, if I can get it i may as well get true ebony

B

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-08-19 10:16 ]

B

Here is the latest for Hiltiki. I misunderstood what he wanted,. This is the one he wants.

Same wood. This is a piece of wood sent by one of our TC Fans, don't remember who, so many have sent wood. Thanks All of you who sent it.
Here is what I have so far for HukiLau

I would send you a log, but I think shipping would be a bit much. Just kidding. Your work is truely awesome.

B

Thanks Rodeo, a log would be nice, But you're right, the shipping would be way out there. It's alright I have wood.
Thanks for the comps too.
Hows your tiki coming?

T

those look great as always, ben! your making me jealous with all of the work you're turning out. i haven't been able to work on anything for a couple weeks now. i need to quit being so busy with other things and get back to work on the tikis. keep up the great work!

B

Thanks Tiki-50. Most of these I have had awhile like the Small one there is #3 from Way back in Feb I think. They are pieces that were posted alonk with posts for commisioned pieces and I think people did not realize they were available and I just kept them and didn't push them. I post all my work at least once and don't try to sell or push them so some of themslip by people and this gives me a little inventory for HukiLau.

B

These are the last pix of# 49 with the lacquer on him

B

New Muscular Moai. Mahogany, 4" long by 1 1/2" wide. Not spoken for so will go on the HukiLau pile
![]([http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d607b3127cceb517763824c60000001610/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d607b3127cceb5177613a5dd0000001610)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d607b3127cceb5108e3cc55b0000001610

O

looks good Ben, a buffed Moai, he would have to be pretty buffed to carry around that big old headthose Moai have. :)

[ Edited by: Octane on 2004-08-27 18:24 ]

This is a piece of wood sent by one of our TC Fans, don't remember who, so many have sent wood.

If it's black maple, I sent it. :)

All your stuff looks awesome, Benz.

B

Thanks Octane, I guess he did whatever he had to do to be different.
Raffertiki, thanks, That was a piece of black Walnut Burl a bit different from the pieces you gave me. I want to try to get a piece from your wood that is black on one side and white on the other. That line is pretty well defined and I may be able to do it. I'll let you know when I do it.

F
foamy posted on Sat, Aug 28, 2004 7:12 AM

Rats. All I'm seeing are the little blue question mark boxes.

O.K., got'em now and wow! Little Gems. Wish I could get to Hukilau. It'd be great to meet (all of) you and see your work first hand.

[ Edited by: foamy on 2004-08-29 05:47 ]

B

Thanks Foamy, Glad you finally got the pictures. Here is another one all carved but the Mouth. He BIT me before I could get it finished. 5 stitches later here I am trying to type without my Main typing finger.I normally would not go get stitches but this one would not stopdripping. I tried to get Sherry to help me suture it up myself with my Shrunken head kit but she refused for fear of shrinking my finger to an unusable size.hahaha..
This piece will be for Keigs and its one from a drawing by a friend of his... keep in mind it is not done yet.

Oh Yeah, the wood is Koa and it is 3 1/8"X1 5/8". Nice way to start off a Sunday?

Uncle Ben what happened to your finger?!?!

B

Keigs' tiki Bit me.

Thanks Foamy for the illustration.Just don't do these any more, See what happens??

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-08-29 12:20 ]

This latest one, Ben, is so unique and very cool. What beautiful work as always.

F
foamy posted on Mon, Aug 30, 2004 8:41 AM

I wish I had half of the wit, half of the talent and half of the wisdom and kindness of half the people on this forum. Then maybe, I could consider myself half decent. Benzart, the Keigs Tiki is looking very, very fine. I'm gonna find a way down there next month if at all possible.

B

Keigs' tiki finally finished. No wonder he bit me, Look at those teeth. perfect for biting

O

looks great Ben, amazing work, even down one fingure your work is the best. hope your fingure heals up and feels better.

K

WOW!!!!!!!!!! it looks great Ben. Cant wait to see it in person. Sorry to hear about your finger. Hope it heals fast. Thanks again I will be wearing it at Hukilau.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 757 replies