Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Dec 17, 2008 7:36 PM

Bust out my Kill Devil list Martin ! I'm on Da Way!

Come on out Wednesday night and cheer Notch on as he finishes the Kill Devil list...8 more rums to go!!!

It oughta be a "HOOT" to witness Notch's consumption of 16oz. of rum at one sitting!

Good luck, young man!

J

I have a commitment the first part of the evening, but might make it by later, around 10:00ish.

H

I'm planning on swinging by tonight, but it'll be more on the early end, so I'll probably miss Notch's final rum. See you all soon!

M

TONIGHT! Come on in and I'll tell you about another exciting concert we have coming up- sneak preview!

I'll probably be by tonight late-ish after a meeting.

Finally gonna drive down from the Redwood Empire for one of these things this Wednesday.
My rum list definitely needs some workin' on.

OK so its not gonna be a Wed.
but I wanna let all ya Nor. Cal. peeps know,
I'm planning on going to FI on Sat. Feb. 14th.

not sure weather its going to be early, then go to a show,
or hang out with a band at their rehearsal space, then come to FI after,
but I will post before I come up.

on The Sunday I am going to the Hotel Utah in SF for tyhe 100th Anniversary show,
3 pm till 7 pm,
Pollo Del Mar from SF
Pyronauts from Sacto,
and
Slacktone from So. Cal. (they will be returning from a trip to Florida, and the Mai Kai.)

and I may go back to FI on Sun eve. or maybe go to Trader Vics Palo Alto
or Emmeryville(not sure)

hope to see some of ya there.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-02-02 16:49 ]

M

I could use a yummy tiki drink, think I'll make my way over tomorrow night.

M

Anyone else plan on rocking it tonight?

bump,
again I will be there this Sat. at 5 ish. for a few hours.
maybe again Sun. around 8.

Hope to see some of ya there.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

On my way!

Bay to Breakers 2009 No BOOZE, No NUDITY, No FLOATS !!

Forbidden Island Wed Nights BOOZE - Yes NUDITY - No FLOATING - Yes !!

Bay to Breakers 2009 No BOOZE, No NUDITY, No FLOATS !!

Forbidden Island Wed Nights BOOZE - Yes NUDITY - No FLOATING - Yes !!

On my way!

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Feb 11, 2009 8:45 PM

Drats! Not today but I will be there this Saturday.

It won't be the same, but.........I will be there Wed

Man, what a change from Sunday......I'll be there though.

Thanks to everybody that come out last Sat. or Sun. for my Visit.
it makes it lots more fun.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I think Lara will be tending the Eternal Flame tonight, I will do my best to get up there and try not to cry too much.

And there was something about 'no Jess'?????? Say it ain't so!!!

Jess told me she is only working on Friday nights.

MT

I'll be there tonight, pretending to enjoy a Max's Mistake in honor of a douchebag.

Edited to remove some senseless drivel crap that I can't believe that I ever posted! BLECH!!!

"It's Mai Tai. It's out of this world." - Victor Jules Bergeron Jr.

[ Edited by: Mai Tai 2011-10-10 21:31 ]

While it's sad to see Martin go, I think it's important to note that Forbidden Island is still going strong, and pouring strong, and I hope everyone plans to continue Tiki Central Wednesdays there! It's a great bar and I hope everyone continues to support it! Support your local Tiki Bar!

(but alas, I can't make it tonight :( )

J

(but alas, I can't make it tonight :( )

Does your auto repair guy not take Disney Dollars?

One of these years I'll get around to getting it fixed.

MT

What's the emoticon for "Awww, Snap!" ?

On 2009-02-18 14:53, princessP wrote:
Jess told me she is only working on Friday nights.

Phew, couldn't handle any more change this week. Thanks, P.

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Feb 18, 2009 6:24 PM

I will be there tonight for a bit
I just hope I don't get bummed out

S

Have one for me!

Suzanne

On 2009-02-18 15:25, hanford_lemoore wrote:
While it's sad to see Martin go, I think it's important to note that Forbidden Island is still going strong, and pouring strong, and I hope everyone plans to continue Tiki Central Wednesdays there! It's a great bar and I hope everyone continues to support it! Support your local Tiki Bar!

Huh? Did I miss something? Is Martin selling FI? Tell me it isn't so!

Last night was a lot of fun. Humu led a toast to Martin, and a lot of the old TC crew were out. The Shiv's drinks were great and Conga Mike was there. I'm sad that Martin is gone but his vision is going to continue at Forbidden Island, and I'm happy we've got that best tiki bar in the world right here in the SF Bay Area. I look forward to many more Tiki Central Wednesdays at FI!

CL

I'm already lookng forward to Weds! We were in there on Sunday and it was packed. Michael couldn't have been more gracious, even though it was packed and he was busy. The new GM is commited to customer service, fresh juices, properly blended drinkes, high quality, et al. She's fully commited to it. The tiki torch and ohana spirit is certainly being carried forward by Micheal!

Wow, It's Wed again I'll be there.......and next week
Wed March 4 at least 4 of us have our birthdays that week
There will be cake !!

C
CP posted on Tue, Feb 24, 2009 10:16 PM

I better stop in and make up for lost time.

MT

Coco Loco and I are heading over to meet The Midnites in just a little bit. I believe some non-TC'ers are going to join us later as well.

CL

:music: :music: Happy Birthday to ... :music: :music: A little birdie told me it's someone(s) boidieday... two more days. (~~)

RR

Many TC birthdays this week
Everyone come on Wednesday

C
CP posted on Tue, Mar 3, 2009 5:43 PM

How many BDs will there be?

H

Oof! I've been looking forward to tonight's beverages since very early this morning. Crazy day! See you all soon.

J

I'll be there. Save me some cake.

On 2009-03-03 17:43, CP wrote:
How many BDs will there be?

not mine, but we'll be there anyway. What's the ETA?

L

I never go to FI on Wednesdays..usually Tuesdays for some reason (why I have no idea!) so I never get to meet any of you which I am now starting to regret!

Anyways if you all are there next Wednesday (the 11th) I will be there most likely celebrating my own birthday and will feel compelled to introduce myself to anyone and everyone (although that will be the Zombies talking) so dont be alarmed!

Happy Birthday this week to all of you that are celebrating and I hope to meet most of the NorCal TC Ohana soon!

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Mar 4, 2009 9:31 PM

Shoot! Cant make it tonight, early bird has to get coffie at 6:00 am for a long day at work.. Arrrgh!
Happy B-day's and Have Fun...

L

so I believe that this guy who may or may not be called something having to do with the JUNGLE and being a TRADER has his birthday this Wednesday also. So hopefully some of y'all will make it out to help celebrate . This JUNGLE TRADER person most likely will be there around 8 :)

RR

Sounds like a plan !!

MT

Schweet! I'll bring my paddle, for your birthday spankin', JT!!!

We've got some deliciously thirst quenching drink specials debuting this evening. Check 'em out on TC Wednesday.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies