Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

T

On 2007-08-28 16:27, Swamp Fire wrote:
Aloha everyone, Stacey (my fiance) and I are doing a couple of shows up in San Jose and Mountain View. We plan on going to Forbidden Island Wednesday night Sept. 5th. We're looking forward to meeting some fellow tiki peeps up in the north country.

Thats next Wednesday the 5th.
See ya then!

What time do you guys plan on getting to the Island?

CL

I'll definitely be there tomorrow night. Tonight it's gonna be an 8pm or so arrival, as I'm working late. Mai Tai may swing by earlier.

J

Since I'm playing hooky today, I expect I'll get there early, say around 6:00ish!

J

Here are some fun pics from Swamp Fire (Doug) & Stacey's first visit to Forbidden Island this past Wednesday ...

Stacey & Doug get cozy at the bar

Tikitastic (Mark) & Doug are all smiles

They even let me hang out with them for a while

Tofu Joe (Scott) listens raptly to the mysterious Humuhumu

The gang enjoying a mystery bowl in the FI Ohana Hut served up by the beautiful Haole'akamai (Thayer

Good times!

M

Special Event this Wednesday! Stay tuned....

M

Who's thirsty?

S

Me.... not that it will do me any good, being in Texas.

Suzanne

MA

Are any TC'ers going to FI this Wednesday, Oct. 10th? I think I need a FI in the green mug to help me through the other half of the work week. Maybe I'll see you there.

[ Edited by: faulknb 2007-10-09 11:45 ]

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Oct 10, 2007 5:12 PM

Me and angel baby will be there around 7:00

See Ya Guys soon!!!!!!!!

Notch....

MA

Notch and Angel Baby:

I hope you had a good time at FI. I got home from work and just crashed once I hit the couch. I woke up and knew that I had missed going to FI. :>( Maybe next time.

Brian

I know this is not for a wed nite event.
But (IF ) I come up next weekend, I will be there on Sat. the 20th.
close to opening as possible,
probably go to Trader Vics for Lunch at noonish.

if anybody wants to join me for either.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bump,
like I said this is not for a wed, but sat the 20th, but I am coming up.
Booked my tix yesterday.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=25771&forum=16

hope to see some of ya'll there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-10-13 13:46 ]

B

The Boys will be in the house on Wed 10/17 with Fezzes on. We might be a little later than normal but we will be there.
Anyone else ?

Oops, guess we're in. :)

Edited by Coco Loco for accuracy.

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2007-10-15 12:23 ]

I am planning on being there Wednesday night.

-mark

T

I will most definitely be there tonight.

J

I'll be there, but I don't know if it will be early or late. Since I only learned last night of the significance of tonight, I had already made other plans for part of the evening. Either way, I'll get there some time tonight.

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Oct 17, 2007 3:57 PM

You can count me in!

But my flannel staying home..

See ya Soon........

We love Thayer!!! Viva Haole'akamai. Many thanks to you for being so wonderful to all of us!!

On 2007-10-17 22:43, Coco Loco wrote:
We love Thayer!!! Viva Haole'akamai. Many thanks to you for being so wonderful to all of us!!

Thank you Thayer,

Please consider me for a position in your Fan Club Cabinet.

On 2007-10-17 22:43, Coco Loco wrote:

Hey, wait a minute? What does this mean??

Psycho Tiki D

S

huh?!!!!!!!?!???

--Suzanne

BOOO!!!

Although I am sure there are reasons why Thayer is no longer a hostess, I would like to say that when I visited FI with my wife Ami and my buddy Kevin back in August, I spoke with Thayer as my first FI contact at FI and she was a wonderful and attentive friend.

I say friend, because I introduced myself to her and our party struck up a friendly and playful conversation. There were no airs about her, nor the usual "tiki snobiness" my buddy Kevin is so quick to point out.

If it had not been for Thayer, there is no telling what our visit to FI would have been like? Aside from her and the guy I guess was the "bouncer" we had no other conversation with anyone else.

Sorry to hear she is no longer there as a hostess. I will be lost in my future visits without her. :(

I guess this means I have no one in my corner to push the "rootball" mug lid is was hoping for!

Vote for Thayer!

Another fan,

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-10-18 18:02 ]

MA

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Can anyone confirm this??? Is it just a rumor or bad rum thoughts?

Thayer is so amazing and I couldn't agree more with Psycho Tiki D. My wife and I were welcomed into FI and the tiki world by Thayer. She is so friendly and such a wonderful person. While my wife and I have gotten to know the other stars of FI, Thayer will always hold a special place in our hearts as being such a fantastic person. We feel lucky to know her.

I hope that like Mark Twain, this item has been exaggerated and she is simply on holiday having a delicious rum drink somewhere.

Brian and Lisa

On 2007-10-18 18:09, faulknb wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Can anyone confirm this??? Is it just a rumor or bad rum thoughts?

Thayer is so amazing and I couldn't agree more with Psycho Tiki D. My wife and I were welcomed into FI and the tiki world by Thayer. She is so friendly and such a wonderful person. While my wife and I have gotten to know the other stars of FI, Thayer will always hold a special place in our hearts as being such a fantastic person. We feel lucky to know her.

I hope that like Mark Twain, this item has been exaggerated and she is simply on holiday having a delicious rum drink somewhere.

Brian and Lisa

Yep...can't go into details...but yep!
PTD

Damn, and I was looking forward to her making me many a fine drink this Sat.
:(

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Haole'akamai has provided us (and our customers) with dedicated and first rate service since day one.

As anyone in the bar/ restaurant biz can verify, working 5-6 night shifts per week for a year and a half can take a huge toll on anyone. We completely understand why Thayer had to step back at this point and take a breather.

We're going to miss ya, Thayer!! All the best for your future endeavors.

ok now I Understand,
I used to work 3 nights 7 to 3 am, and 2 nights 10 to 6 am, at a 7-11.
After 3 1/2 years I was going stir crazy.
I had to get out, and get a day job.
Tired of watching the world go by having fun, while I sat there looking out the glass windows.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

I'm going to be at forbidden island on this wednesday night.

I know the crawl is this weekend, but I'm having to go back, due to work and family.

I'll be there from about 7.30. I hope to meet as many of your as can face coming out.

M

I'll be there from about 7.30. I hope to meet as many of your as can face coming out.

Ahoy hoy...

Well, seeing that a couple of Britiki-ers have come clear across the Continent, as well as the Atlantic Ocean, to visit Alameda's finest the least I can do is make the trek across the Bay. Now, it's been a while, but I think I can piece together the route and travel logistics.

Aye, Team midnite will be in attendance.

Long time no sea,
captain midnite

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Nov 7, 2007 2:52 PM

I think it's time for a drink!!

anybody else going??

Notch

I am on my way...guess we are starting the crawl 1 day early!

MT

I'll be there, with or without Coco Loco, tonight!!! See ya at around 9pm.

damn you damn you all to hell
just razzing of course.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last Wednesday we ordered an Ohana Hut in honor of TikiChris' visit to Forbidden Island. I asked Martiki to add some fire to the drink and here is what he came up with....

Ohana Hut on Fire!

M

That would the the first and last ever, due to slight melting of the bar!

At least FI now has one more thing in common with The Molokai Bar at The Mai Kai: permanent burns on the bar due to Tiki Centralites....

S

Still awesome.

Suzanne

T

On 2007-11-12 11:02, martiki wrote:
That would the the first and last ever, due to slight melting of the bar!

I was just thinking that it would probably melt or burn something but then thought, nope, these guys must know exactly what they are doing.

Anyone going tonight. I have the cutest gift I found for Steph that I thought I'd bring to her....

Panda and I will be there from 7pm until at least 9pm....depending on how crowded it gets.

MT

We're gonna make a pit stop at Forbidden Island, most likely sometime between 7pm to 8pm, on our way out of town. Somebody warm up the Wild Turkey! See ya there!

Not Wed. but Sat dec 1st.
I will be back up in the SF area, and going to FI again.

yeahhhhh
Jeff(bigtikidude)

MT

Anyone plan on being there tonight?

M

Last night turned out to be a very special Wednesday indeed as we were treated to a surprise visit by none other than Mike Buhen, Sr & his lovely wife Vickie!

It was an honor & privilege to welcome Mike to FI, and serve him some of our finest.

Big thanks go out to Jess & Steph who knocked it out of the ballpark as usual. And many thanks to those in attendance who helped welcome Mike & Vickie to the Isle of Style.

All pictures are on Mike's camera, so hopefully we'll get some copies up here.

Mahalo!

Wow that is very cool indeed, I know that many people including my self just recently were telling the Mikes they need to get up there.

Good to share the tiki bar spirit.

thanks for posting that Martin,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Who's up for Forbidden Island tonight? I know I am!

See ya there! ~Hanford

I am in for this Wednesday....anyone else going?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies