Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

Headcount: Just confirming, who's heading out from FI to the airport Weds night?

On 2006-09-25 16:31, Humuhumu wrote:
My pleasure! Here's the cake that didn't make the trip:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21135&forum=10&0

So, Hukilau fever is setting in (well, more like flaring, I've been Hukilau-crazy for months now). Who else is on the JetBlue nonstop out of Oakland leaving a week from Wednesday at 11:30pm? I think there are a few of us, perhaps we should coordinate a trip to the airport directly from Forbidden Island that night?

J

Who's going to FI tonight? I am!

CL

We're stopping by on our way to the airport.

T

I'm hoping to get over there to be part of the Hukilau send off party.

HUKILAU!

Tonight, when I'm done with my shift, I'm hanging a sign at my station that simply says:

GONE FISHIN'!

oh we're going to the hukilau.... the huki huki huki huki hukilau....

H

We're headed out any minute now... see you soon!

Sign is firmly in place and I'm just packin' the last minute stuff/everything. Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow.

I'll be in the navy blue full-length cotton dress with Tahiti written in red and little white plumerias (With a matching handbag!)and a hair-do full of orchids.

Say HI!

Aloha,
~T

H

I'm still pooped from Hukilau -- but not enough to keep me from Forbidden Island! We're heading out shortly, see you soon.

MT

Is it Wednesday already?!? Man, I've barely recovered from Hukilau, and haven't even recharged the battery in my camera yet, let alone uploaded and posted any pics. I guess I'll have to do that tonight AFTER a couple of Fugu's for Two!

I'm tired AND thirsty!!! See everyone at FI!

MT

Who's thirsty???

CL

FI or BUST baby!! :music: Viva :music: Viva :music: Lasss Vegassss!!!

Sorry,I'm in an Elvis mood.

H

After a rousing evening at Forbidden Island last night, we're going to stay here on our side of the bay tonight. We'll be back again next week, though!

M

Anyone else heading over tonight? We have leftover candy!

CL

I think Mai Tai and I are in for the evening as well. Still slim chance we may swing by, but most likely not. It's been a long week and huge day at work tomorrow. So much (too much) fun last night. Thanks Martin!

yep, I think that last night took it out of everyone. To say that it was slow is not decriptive enough...

....let's just say it's so slow I'm already at home in my pjs. :)

g'nite
~T

J

It's almost 11:00pm and I still feel hungover from last night!

T

I think I needs me a Vooodoo Priestess.

See ya on the Island tonight!

MT

Mmmmmmmmm, Voodoo Priestess. Is this my new favorite drink, or what? See ya tonight at the Island!

H

You bet your sweet potato we're headed to Forbidden Island tonight. Work has gone late, so we'll be getting there late, but we'll get there.

M

Come early and come hungry to Forbidden Island tonight!

Tiki Centralites are testing new food products - Tonight only!

trust me...it tastes just like chicken.

T

I'm rather parched.

Honestly. The company I work for decided to change vendors for soda machines and coffee. We all come in this morning to shiny, clean and very uncluttered by coffee machines, counterspace in all the breakrooms in all three buildings.

Have you ever seen a computer company try to operate without coffee?

I mean, seriously, it would be like going to Forbidden Island, seeing the entire top shelf bereft of bottles and Martiki saying, sorry folks, we are changing rum vendors so we won't be able to serve any rum drinks. Thanks for understanding.

Well I don't understand. No sir.

So I'll be leaving my sadly decaffeinated surrounds and heading to Forbidden Island forthwith whereat I will revel in the plentitude of rum.

And drink it.

I hope that you will come join.

J

On 2006-11-29 16:05, martiki wrote:
Come early and come hungry to Forbidden Island tonight!

Tiki Centralites are testing new food products - Tonight only!

trust me...it tastes just like chicken.

Mmmm! New food products! Save me some, I'll be a bit late this evening.

MT

I'm parched!!!

J

On 2006-12-06 17:52, Mai Tai wrote:
I'm parched!!!

Me too! See you around 8:45ish.

H

Only have time for a brief cameo tonight, but we're on our way.

Looks like we're not going to be able to make it tonight. :( Have fun and we'll see y'all next week!

J

I hope to see a bunch of the Bay Area Ohana at FI tonight. I'm bringing homemade Chocolate Hazelnut Rum Balls to share, and I wouldn't want to have to eat them all myself!

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2006-12-13 11:39 ]

J

Anybody?

TofuJoe & I should be making it. :)

CL

We'll probably not going to be able to make it tonight. :( Have double the fun for us. :)

Come on down tonight - I'm debuting a new vintage aloha dress!

J

And I'll be debuting my new Ginger Almond Rum Balls ... inspired by a comment from Martiki.

H

We'll be there, but a bit on the late side, work is keeping us. There's about a 75% chance that we'll have Mig with us.

H

Hot damn that was a fun night. Nacho's kung fu action was on fire. Luckily, the ceiling wasn't.

Martiki's an amazing dj.

OMG, I think I punctured my lung laughing so hard at Nacho and Angel dancing!!! It was mezmerizing...

I will be at Forbidden Island tonight .... hope to see y'all!

MT

Is it Wednesday already? Although I pretty much extinguished my thirst on New Year's Eve, Coco Loco and I will still be at Forbidden Island tonight. :)

Hmmmm..... yes...... thirst returning....

-Weird Unc

T

I'll be there.

Those who come down may get a few suprises...

CL

Fine. Just Tease us now. We're on our way anyway. I'm soooo curiuous.

On 2007-01-03 18:12, Haole'akamai wrote:

CL

On 2007-01-03 18:40, Coco Loco wrote:
Fine. Just Tease us now. :D We're on our way anyway. I'm soooo curiuous.

On 2007-01-03 18:12, Haole'akamai wrote:

CL

Oooohhh what a great surprise! I LOVE my new limited edition FI pendant and complimentary special limited edition color matching shirt -- made available to only those who visited last night after 9:00 pm. I feel so fortunate to be one of the people who secured #4 of 12. Thanks Martiki and FI!!!

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2007-01-04 09:33 ]

CL

... :o Just kidding. But the alternative surprise was nice

I thought about letting it go on...but feard banning from FI if Martin got deluged with calls.

On 2007-01-04 09:30, Coco Loco wrote:
Oooohhh what a great surprise! I LOVE my new limited edition FI pendant and complimentary special limited edition color matching shirt -- made available to only those who visited last night after 9:00 pm. I feel so fortunate to be one of the people who secured #4 of 12. Thanks Martiki and FI!!!

Surprises? Gee, I was there. Met up with fine folks, drank some dandy cocktails amidst the most beautiful tiki decor. No surprises there. Someone fill me in.

-Weird Unc

M

OK- the surprise was simply the launch of our new hot drinks menu!

For a limited time only- sign up on the FI mailing list for more details...

mahalo to everyone for coming out last night!

CL

Think 'Warm". Something usually not at FI.

CL

Martiki,

You beat me to it. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies