Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

Add to that a new ensemble - What more could you want?!

FUCK FUCK YEAH!

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, May 9, 2007 3:32 PM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you PLEASE open a Forbidden Island in Sacramento (preferably in the burb's).

Like the east burbs and really close to my house.

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and I said PLEASE)! And by the way "FUCK FUCK FUCK YEAH!!!

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-05-09 16:23 ]

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-05-09 16:58 ]

H

If you hold a map of California out at arm's length, close one eye, and tilt your head a bit, Alameda almost looks like it could be the 'burbs of Sacramento. Kinda. Sorta.

Mmmmm... stout! Well, not for me. I'll stick to something tropical tonight.

FUCK YEAH FUCK FUCK YEAH!

See you all in a few hours...

Humuhumu,

Since it is only an arms length away...can you pick me up on your way down?

I'll pay for gas and buy you a drink or two (even at the summer spectacular over inflated prices) if you do! Of course you may not quite be there in a few hours?

Fn'in Yehah!

Psycho Tiki D ( I know I am and I can't believe Alameda is only an arms length away)!

MT

Did someone say $2 Stout?!?!? :o Quadruple FUCKIN' YEAH!!!

Now step aside, bitches. I'm thirsty.

I hope to heaven we don't have anymore of the stout....

J

Is this $1 off night for locals? I don't think I got my discount last time!

Yep! Tonight, after 7pm. We have to manually take the discount when we're closing out the bill, so remind us when you ask for your tab at the end of the evening.

M

*Haole'akamai wrote:
...remind us when you ask for your tab at the end of the evening.

Tab? What's that? Sounds like that other word I don't know: job. I'm more of a New Testament kind of guy anyway.

Save them seats at the end o'the bar, team midnite is cleared for landing and it's going to be a rough one, too (Bocce injury). My first officer has a real need for a strong cocktail today. Me, I don't need a reason to drink. Mom taught me that.

I'm looking for a guy they call McButter Pants.

captain midnite

Man, I came back from vacation too early! Well, it was good timing what with the TikiBocce, but I'm charting a course for the island tonight so I can regress to my happy place for a few more hours. See y'all there.

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, May 16, 2007 4:30 PM

Is there any beer left in that keg!!! Missed out last week....See ya!!!

T

Heading over now. We'll see if I can get out of there before closing.

MT

On 2007-05-16 13:44, midnite_tiki wrote:
Save them seats at the end o'the bar, team midnite is cleared for landing and it's going to be a rough one, too (Bocce injury).

I'm looking for a guy they call McButter Pants.

captain midnite

Midnite, the only Bocce injury you received was from me kickin' yer ass!

And that's Fatty McButterPants, thankyaverymuch. A very thirsty Fatty McButterPants.

On 2007-05-16 16:30, NOTCH wrote:
Is there any beer left in that keg!!! Missed out last week....See ya!!!

You are such a tease.

N

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!!!! My partner in crime got out late from work.... By the time she got home it was to late, but there always next time, like today??? Anyone going???? Double AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGH!!!!!!!!

OOOooooooooooooh, I'm tellin' Miss Thing you blamed it on her. She's gonna beat your ass down.

YEA! What she said!! :wink:

Hey fun seeing everyone last night.

MT

Yeah, Notch, better watch out on that one! :D

On 2007-05-17 10:52, NOTCH wrote:
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!!!! My partner in crime got out late from work.... By the time she got home it was to late, but there always next time, like today??? Anyone going???? Double AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGH!!!!!!!!

Hey, if you come out to Forbidden Island, then I'll be there too. Let me know if you're coming out or not. Anyone else interested? Anyone? Anyone?

N
NOTCH posted on Thu, May 17, 2007 2:17 PM

Yup...I will be heading out around 6:30....Friend's b-day today...

J

If anyone wants to see my OMC Black Moai mug custom painted by Little Lost Tiki (Ken Ruzic) in person, let me know before 6:00pm and I'll bring it with me to FI tonight.

Here's a link to his thread with pics of it.

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2007-05-23 16:24 ]

B

Roll Call for FI tonight,
The Boys, present or at lest present sometime around 8:00.
anyone else ?

J

Present! Around 7:00, but not for too long.

Well then I think you'll enjoy my new apron, Jentiki. You may recognize the fabric....

CL

Mai Tai is attending another event tonight but may swing by before or after. I will probably not be attending tonight unless my schedule lightens up.

MT

If I go tonight, I will only pop in for one drink, and early. It's guys night out, and a bunch of us are heading over to the Parkway with Will to watch Grindhouse. No Dames allowed. :P

J

Who's thoisty?

TD

I sure am!

How late does the crowd stay there?
I don't get off work until 8:30 :P

-Den

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Jun 6, 2007 7:39 PM

You can count me in!!!!

I'm hecka Thoyste's!!!!!

See y'all There................................

K
KAHAKA posted on Wed, Jun 6, 2007 7:52 PM

On 2007-06-06 19:39, NOTCH wrote:
You can count me in!!!!

I'm hecka Thoyste's!!!!!

See y'all There................................

Have one for me, you sonamagun. I'll have a Nui Nui. 10 more days of school and then I'm there for real!!!

C

Be sure to try Thayer's fresh Snap Pea Martini served on a quilted napkin. :lol:
I will toast you from here with a Lychee Martini made with fresh hand picked lychee. Have fun and watch out for tiki nerds!

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

Kicking off the roll call for this week. I'll be out of town next week, so I definitely need an infusion of FI this week to hold me over!

I'll be there plotting some mugmaking chaos with Notch. Lots of drinkin will be involved.

I won't be able to make the gathering tonight, but I will be there on Friday. Since I will be working in the City, I'll arrive for refreshments very soon after FI opens Friday afternoon. See anyone else there?

Myke

B

The Boys will be there.

MT

On 2007-06-06 20:17, Chongolio wrote:
Have fun and watch out for tiki nerds!

Don't make me pull out the old photos of inflatable monkey underwear lovin'.

MT

On 2007-06-06 18:56, Tiki Den wrote:
I sure am!

How late does the crowd stay there?
I don't get off work until 8:30 :P

-Den

Hey Den! Sorry to have missed you last week. Coco Loco and I were already at the airport, flying out to a wedding in Las Vegas, before Forbidden Island was even open last Wednesday. Let us know the next time you're coming down. How's the lamp?

M

Aloha everyone,

Just a heads up about tonight: We have an event at FI tonight (UCSC Alumni Association meet-n-greet), and from the RSVPs, it looks to be packed to the rafters. You might even find a line. So, make your plans accordingly. You may wish to head over on Thurs, which will also include the silky sounds of DJ Tanoa.

Mahalo and GO SLUGS!

J

I also heard a rumor that a certain SoCal rogue might be dropping in on Thursday.

S

Thanks for the warning Martin. :)

CL

Actually, it was crowded last night, but I don't think there were lines. All 60-90 slugs seemed to show up, but at different times. So it wasn't too bad. We had a booth most of the evening...with the requisite chairs crowded into it. Nice meeting Brenda's Tiki Hut and The Chief Bartender. See everyone on Sunday for the Roberto Loco release. :)

Chief Bartender and I had a blast last night. Not too crowded at all. The drinks were fabulous, as always. Visited with new and not-so-new faces. Even though we did have to make the trip for work, at least we had fun with sincerely nice people and threw back a few tropical drinks afterwards.

S

Aw, too bad! I stayed home fearing the banana slugs. :) Might try and swing by tonight though.... anyone else think they'll drop in?

Suzanne

P.S. Edited for spelling :)

The Diva Pinup Exquisite Hair Flower Accessories - http://www.thedivapinup.com

[ Edited by: suzanne 2007-06-21 16:59 ]

Yeah!! I am finally able to come play this Wednesday at Forbidden Island!!! I am looking forward to an evening of drinks and relaxation... boy do I need it. If you hadn't seen the topic about meeting up at Trader Vic's Emeryville, please read here... http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=24506&forum=17&7 It will be great to visit TV again before heading to FI for the rest of the evening. I am even getting a hotel room in Alameda so I can help close the place down and not have to drive home!!

See you Wednesday night!
Aloha,
Myke

Hey Myke!! It'll be really nice to have you back. :)

By the by, we might (emphasis on the might!)have something special up our (collective) sleeve for that night...

Aloha sweet and lovely Haole'akamai!
I am so far behind on those monthly drink specials... I might have to grab a taxi to get to the hotel from FI! It will be great to see what you have up your (collective) sleeve! I am looking forward in being back more frequently again, starting with this special occasion. See you all very soon!

Myke

I am so far behind on those monthly drink specials...

Well your visit comes just in time...The new Summer drink specials are AMAZING!!

J

Anyone up for Friday night at FI? I wanna go play with the new jukebox! Oh, and I wanna have a few drinks too!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies