Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

I am thirsty and hungry!

See you tonight!

On 2006-05-07 06:58, cheeky half wrote:
What mug is the jab drinking #36 out of? It looks like a Munktiki fugu....but different.

That's The MukiTiki Fugu Mug - This batch were specially made for FI with the larger opening on top (for easier cleaning).

Cheers for the info Haole'akamai!

Zo. I am finally back in town, we're not sick, we're not busy, and I am LONGING for a trip to the Island.

Cripes you guys, there is NO way I'm completing that menu anytime soon...or I'd be dead. Actually, it's nice to have so much to look forward to, as long as I can tear myself away from those darned PAINKILLERS!!!

I assume the usual suspects will be there tomorrow?? Looking forward to it!!! xox tikivixen

MT

I'm thirsty!!! And damn near close to finishing off the menu! Perhaps tonight?

T

Ahhh yes.

Most definitely a thirsty day.

See you there!

H

I'm too sick to go to Forbidden Island. :( But Hanford will try to be there to soak up enough Forbidden Island ambience for the both of us (but not enough alcohol for the both of us -- no egging him on to finish the menu when he's driver-less!).

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu 2006-05-17 15:48 ]

M

LIVE from FI:

The gang is here!

Currently Missing:

Jabbo
Smiley
Mai Tai
Maria "Miss Alameda" Ferro

and more.

where are you people? Don't make me send out the dogs.

M

On 2006-05-17 20:48, martiki wrote:
LIVE from FI:

The gang is here!

Currently Missing:

Jabbo
Smiley
Mai Tai

and more.

although thirsty, I was at ABC! what a crazy night!

MT

On 2006-05-17 20:48, martiki wrote:
LIVE from FI:

The gang is here!

Currently Missing:

Jabbo
Smiley
Mai Tai

and more.

We all made it, except for Smiley, minutes after this post. But I still didn't finish off the menu - it's a daunting task! Perhaps tonight?

MT

On 2006-05-18 09:14, mrsmiley wrote:

The Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control? Did they restrict your intake?

T

ABC?!

Black Flag kills new romantics on contact!

On 2006-05-18 10:32, Mai Tai wrote:

The Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control? Did they restrict your intake?

I was turning Martin in for all those minors that enter his place!!! Kidding, I meant MINERS!!! There has to be something illegal about letting those coal-laden grubby hardhat wearing people in!

I'm up for Forbidden Island tonight! and Humu's feeling well enough too! Who else is in?

T

I'll be there for a bit, before I go to Annie's Social Club in San Francisco to see Fisherman and the Barabary Coasters.

M

i am thirsty

Couldn't make it last week but we are already thirsty for this upcoming Wednesday...mmmmmm.....

We'll be in New England for two weeks after that, so...KOWLOON IN SAUGUS HERE WE COME!!! :lol:

(I am intrigued to see this mysterious place which has somehow sent sooo many tiki mugs to Vallejo CA!)

Do I hear an "I'm thirsty"? See everyone there tonight... and that new mug!! Won't be there until 7:30 or so, so save one for me!

Let's see... for me so far:
Coronado Luau Special
Neptune's Garden
China Clipper
Forbidden Island
Island Mai Tai
Classic Mai Tai

Looks like I have a long way to go!!

• Myke
M

I am NOT thirsty. Tuesday, it's the new Wednesday....for me. I got to meet Chris, the newest mixologist at FI. Good guy good guy, he even made me a blue drink (which, like red cars and blonde girls...are bad luck).

I am nearing the finish line(maybe a dozen to go). Next on the target list, a Fugu and more Grogs.

Neptune's Garden
Headhunter
China Clipper
Leilani Volcano
Forbidden Island
Hawaii Kai Treasure
Krakatoa
Sidewinder's Fang
Monkeypod
The Combover
Saturn
Classic Mai Tai
Painkiller
Banana Mamacow
Chamborlada
Island Mai Tai
Captain's Grog
Royal Hawaiian
Coconut Kallaloo
Missionary's Downfall
Hurricane
Boo Loo
Coronado Luau Special
Don's Daiquiri

Some thoughts. Coronado Luau: extra yummmy. Boo Loo: ya know it is quietly strong...as in a lotta strength (Ohhh, my head). Neptune's Garden: pretty dang good. Missionary's Downfall: Well, me and the church parted ways a long time ago. Best keep it that way.

Doing my part, doing my part...to support Forbidden Island, and to require a new sponsor. Oh, the mug is super cool! Super dooper extra special Arthur Fonzarelli cool. I got six* last night.

midnite

*By "six" I mean none, Martin wouldn't even show me the mug. Even after I promised not to come unchaperoned more than once a week, no more talking to the other customers, and no more spontaneous Karaoke.

Thirsty. me am I think!

T

I could use a refreshing tropical beverage and I'm well enough to have one (or two. tops. honest.)

I have two drinks left to complete the menu and I won't be having them tonight.
Scorpion Bowl
Mystery Bowl

See ya all there.

Humu and I will be there tonight!

last wednesday I completed all 39 drinks on the Forbidden Island Menu (yes, 39!) and I'm proud to say I'm the first non-Alameda resident to do so! My favorite drink is the China Clipper. Congrats Martin, you've done an excellent job.

T

On 2006-05-31 14:44, hanford_lemoore wrote:

last wednesday I completed all 39 drinks on the Forbidden Island Menu (yes, 39!) and I'm proud to say I'm the first non-Alameda resident to do so!

On the menu? Or, 38 on the menu, and one not on the menu? :wink:

See you tonight!

CL

Humu and I will be there tonight!

last wednesday I completed all 39 drinks on the Forbidden Island Menu (yes, 39!) and I'm proud to say I'm the first non-Alameda resident to do so! My favorite drink is the China Clipper. Congrats Martin, you've done an excellent job.

Yeah Hanford!! :)

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-06-01 19:50 ]

M

Saturday! It's the new Wednesday...I think. Another Saturday night at Forbidden Island, another nice-sized crowd. Good group of folks, save the "high laugher" whom I believe we could still hear as we crossed the Bay Bridge. Saw The Jab and Mr. Smiley, a nice surprise...they don't get out much so catching them at FI is a special treat.

One more tasty montage of the delicious libations available at Forbidden Island:

Clockwise from top left: Pirate's Grog; Suffering Bastard; Krakatoa; Guava Daiquiri, Fugu for Two! Suffering Bastard was a pleasant surprise, very tasty. Same goes for the Fugu, not a big fan of communal/bowl drinks but this one is quite good.

Only eight or so cocktails to go...
midnite

T

Hmmmm...how odd....there was a "high laugher" on the plane with us yesterday--for some reason she thought "The Pink Panther" (the NEW one :roll:) was the FUNNIEST movie in the history of the world.

Maybe she was still drunk.

We hated to miss last Wednesday. Darned trip. Why does it take me a week to prepare to go out of town these days?!?

Yeah, I'm so glad to hear Jab and Smiley got out for a change! Sheesh. Those guys are such shy, reclusive shut-ins it's just sad. :lol: Sorry to have missed y'all...Sat. AND Wednesday.

But we will be at the Kowloon in Saugus tonight! Care to join us?!? It's not THAT far, Midnite. Jeez.

tikivixen

H

Hope you're having a great time at Kowloon, tikivixen! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Naturally, we'll be at Forbidden Island tonight -- see the rest of you soon!

T
thejab posted on Wed, Jun 7, 2006 4:50 PM

I went to Forbidden Island 4 times in the last week, and now I'm flat broke. Have fun without me, and I'll catch you there next week!

M

THAT'S what The Jab Would Do. Four visits per week is now the prescribed minimum.

Take note, people.

CL

Mai Tai and I are so sad. :( Work is impeding on our Tiki fun. Sorry we missed you guys. See ya soon. We're going to be very thirsty by the weekend.

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-06-08 08:09 ]

CL

:( :( Mai Tai's are still sad. Yucky stupid work impeded on our fun. We both ended up working till midnight - on deadlines. So sorry we couldn't make it. We MISSED you guys. TGIF...oh wait, it's still Thursday, and it's only 8:00 am. :o Looking forward to next week.

MT

TofuJoe finished off the menu as well. So now there are 4 people that have finished off the menu, including drink #39. Who's next?

MT

Oh yeah, and I'm thirsty!!!

T

On 2006-06-14 11:58, Mai Tai wrote:

TofuJoe finished off the menu as well. So now there are 4 people that have finished off the menu, including drink #39. Who's next?

Is TofuJoe = Scott?

In any case, congratulations!

[ Edited by: thejab 2006-06-14 12:04 ]

M

I'm close, but it's going to take a few more visits. One visit could suffice, but I'd end up sleeping in someone's yard, clothing optional. So, maybe by end of month, Allah willing.

Drink 39? I think that was the name of my second band.

Play your geetar, Clarence...
midnite

MT

On 2006-06-14 12:03, thejab wrote:
Is TofuJoe = Scott?

In any case, congratulations!

Yep, that's him.

T

Just for the record, I've had 40: #39 being the one with Hanger One Budda's Hand who's name escapes me, and #40 being Chris' Blood Lust (an excellent drink!).

I gotta keep raising the bar!

See all you lushes tonite.

[ Edited by: thejab 2006-06-14 13:04 ]

MT

On 2006-06-14 13:03, thejab wrote:
Just for the record, I've had 40: #39 being the one with Hanger One Budda's Hand who's name escapes me, and #40 being Chris' Blood Lust (an excellent drink!).

I gotta keep raising the bar!

See all you lushes tonite.

[ Edited by: thejab 2006-06-14 13:04 ]

I'm right there with ya. #39 with Hangar one is the Buddist's Palm, and I've had Chris' Blood Lust as well. Have you tried his mojito? Wow!!!

El Jabbo and I are very competitive when it comes to serious stuff like drinking. Come see us duke it out tonight, live, at Forbidden Island.

H

We'll see you there tonight!

T

I'll see you all there.

Its time to start trying some of those schmancy rums!

(oh and BTW, there is a #41 out there...something Martin mixed up for Thayer's birthday...the name escapes me)

H

Senor Amor! It was delicious.

MT

That Senor Amor was indeed tasty! Also, F.I. makes a great Blue Hawaiian - it's not as complex as Neptune's Garden, but still it's great! I know that Martin doesn't like RumRunners, but that too was great. And the Manhattans are fabuloso as well. Next up, the Purple Nurple!!! :)

M

Technically, drink #39 is a Forbidden Island...with mug!

So that's currently unavailable...for only a short time.

#40 is Sonya's Buddha's Palm

#41 is Chris' Bloodlust

#42 may or may not be the Senor Amor, which I invented at Vic's, so doesn't really count. But I'm glad you liked it.

T

#43 - Mystery Bowl

#44 - Mystery Bowl

#45 - Mystery Bowl

And so on... :)

Then there's the Graduation Grog - another excellent invention by Martiki!

The Jab's work is never done.

Hope there are some thirsty folks out there to meet up tomorrow night at FI to help me guzzle a few Happy Birthday rounds! We plan on arriving around 7:30pm. See you there!?!

• Myke

I'll be there~

We are not only finally back, but also recuperated from our New England jaunt.

I love Cape Cod sniff....and we TOTALLY dug the Kowloon and our most excellent host Tikisgrl!!!

Wish it were easier to go back...again..and again!!! Boston needs a tiki bar REALLY badly, though. Jeez. With all that traffic and those killer nor'easters...a tropical paradise is required.

See you TONIGHT at Forbidden Island! I have an awful lot of drinks left to try...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies