Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

J

I'll probably drop in for a drink, but I do have something else I need to do that same evening, so not sure when I'll get there.

MT

I'll be dropping in tonight - I know, hard to believe! Probably on the later side, after I finish up some Christmas shopping.

Anybody going tonight? Notch and I are heading up shortly.

MT

Is it Wednsday already? Gheesh, my liver is still recovering from ringing in the New Year. Aw, what the hell, anyone up for starting the New Year on the right (or wrong) track, and going to Forbidden Island tonight? Who's thirsty?

I'm up for a drink tonight! See y'all there around 9:45!

I'm going to Forbidden Island tonight! I'll be there around 9:30. Who's with me?

J

Probably me, but I may be gone by the time you get there. I believe TikiWineBear will also be there on his way home from Monterey.

MT

I'll be there tonight as well. I might bring my dad along too! :D

Tonight...not Wed, but Sat....Kim the Canuck and I are heading up to FI now if anyone is interested in joining us.

J

Saturday is the new Wednesday

MT

Whew! Wonder what the breathalyzer would register now?

J

OMG! Did you guys keep drinking at Casa de Mai Tai? Did your houseguest make it to his appointment on time?

CL

I think the answer to that is yes. Amazingly, I slept through it all. Party at Casa de Mai Tai's and Coco Loco doesn't even know it. ;-D Hope everyone had fun. Yes, our house guest made it to his appt on time. :)

M

And they lived to fight another day: Eight more hours at FI on Sunday!

Forbidden Island: $15 Scorpion Bowls and complimentary interventions every Sunday!

J

Good thing FI is closed today. Give those livers a rest!

J

Okay, I know it's only Tuesday, but I spent the afternoon at the dentist's office and could really use a painkiller right about now! I'll be headed over to FI around 6:00-6:30 tonight. Who's with me?!

M

Available for a very limited time (probably tonight and tomorrow):

THE PERCILLA!

A delightful new drink made with Melissa's persimmon-infused vodka and a dash of cinnamon/vanilla syrup. Made with several pounds of locally grown organic persimmons, there is only one bottle, so hurry in and enjoy this late harvest winter treat. Just $7 while supplies last!

Time for the mid-week drive up 880 to Forbidden Island. Should be there around 7:30p with Notch, Tai Won On and Dr. Von Zombie.

Get the Captain's Grog ready!

M

Seriously- think about trying this drink tonight- it's excellent.

I've got the Kill-Devil Club checklists printed out so pick one up at FI tonight!

Regret to say that there's no "grandfathering" in on rums already drank- just no way to keep track.

Last night the I started the journey to the end of the Kill-Devil Club checklists...I figured I might as well start with at the top of the top shelf rums. So, Otto and I each ordered the El Dorado Demerara 25 year rum. It was so smoooooooth!

Otto and I checking out the El Dorado Demerara 25 year rum

Martiki opening the El Dorado Demerara 25 year rum

The presentation of the El Dorado Demerara 25 year rum

Cheers!

Also, I enjoyed sharing a mighty fine mystery bowl courtesy of Dr. Von Zombie...Thanks for the drinks Dr. Von Zombie and Tai Won On!

J

Who's in for Stephanie's birthday celebration tonight?

Wish I could make FI tonight for Stephanie's birthday celebration, but I am in LA....might make it out to Tiki Ti tonight though.

M

It's Wednesday!

The Navy Rum is calling you, Tikitastic.....

:)

Ah, you hear it too Martiki. I have heard the call of the Navy Rum since Monday and am bringing a van full of tiki-folks up to Forbidden Island tonight to answer the call of rum. I personally will be answering the call of the Navy Rum!

Notch, Tai Won On, Dr. Von Zombie, Bamboo Ben and myself should be rolling in around 8:30-ish.

MT

I'll be heading over there in just a bit. Team Midnite should be there soon, and I'll roll in around 6pm or so, with gift card and Kill-Devil list in hand.

MT

Hail Hail, the gang's all here! Good times last night at Forbidden Island. Team Midnite wandered out first, and hung out with Rumrunner Paul. Coco Loco and I arrived soon after, and then the Tikitastic Express rolled in with Notch, Tai Won On, Dr. Von Zombie, and long distance traveller Bamboo Ben! Within a few minutes Hanford was there, and so was Rebecca, and JenTiki, then The Jab showed up, and all hell broke loose! Lots of non TC locals were representin' as well! I finally got my new camera set up on my laptop, so here are some pics of last night's shenanigans.

Here is the British Royal Navy Imperial Rum.

Presented by none other than The Admiral himself

Three people were able to check the British Royal Navy Imperial Rum off of the Kill-Devil Club check list

Can you guess who those three peeps were?

It was The Jab's birthday. Happy Birthday Dean!!!

Hey, that last drop is worth like $5 bucks!

After finishing off our share of the Navy Rum, we attacked the Mystery Bowl.

And the rest of the photos reflect our participation in the "Stay Classy, Alameda" campaign.

Dr. Von Zombie is seeing Menehunes

I'm already preparing for this year's Voodoo Zombie theme for Tiki Oasis!

All in all, a great night. Stay Classy, Alameda!

"It's Mai Tai. It's out of this world." - Victor Jules Bergeron Jr.

[ Edited by: Mai Tai 2008-01-24 23:50 ]

S

Have I told all of you lately how much I miss you? :D

Suzanne

J

Awwww... we miss you too Suzanne! :cry:

You know you've talked too much about tiki (or in this case, Rum) when your co-workers leave newspaper articles about FI's Kill-Devil Club on your desk "just in case you missed it"! That's how I was greeted this morning. :)

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2008-01-25 17:16 ]

I know that feeling JenTiki, I had the SF Chronicle article on the Forbidden Island Kill-Devil Club taped to my office door today.

For those that missed the article here it is:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/25/WIK4UJ6JA.DTL&hw=kill+devil&sn=001&sc=1000

That Lemon Tree tee is cool.

I think I need one.. HAHA

TWO

Same Night, Different Shenanigans....

Dr. Von Zombie

Separated at birth???

Hanford or should I say Hamford.

Rebecca, Coco Loco, and the Jab

Mai Tai, Bamboo Ben, and Notch

Excuse me sir this is NOT the Tiki Ti

Conga Mike, TikiTastic, Hanford

Cheer up Notch, there's always next Wednesday

I'll be there late tonight ... but I'll be there!

~Hanford

J

Anyone up for Fat Tuesday and $7 Hurricanes at FI tomorrow night?

On 2008-02-04 17:34, JenTiki wrote:
Anyone up for Fat Tuesday and $7 Hurricanes at FI tomorrow night?

That depends.
Is there a dress code?

J

Well, yes, there is a dress code:

Shoes are Strictly Prohibited for Staff!

MT

I know you will find this really hard to believe, but I am on my way over, shoes and all. See you there, Twinkletoes Cate!

"It's Mai Tai. It's out of this world." - Victor Jules Bergeron Jr.

[ Edited by: Mai Tai 2008-02-06 21:32 ]

M

Psych! I was barefoot at home last night. Will be there tonight for rum & chocolate shenanigans.

I only have one or two Rum & Choco tix left, but plenty of a really nice 75% cacao dark chocolate left if you just want to have that with the rum of your choice.

I shall be at Forbidden Island tonight, probably later tho. Who's in?

On 2008-02-13 14:39, hanford_lemoore wrote:
I shall be at Forbidden Island tonight, probably later tho. Who's in?

What does, "probably later" relate to in clock-time?

Around Ten-ish.

Meanwhile 365 miles South at Tiki-Ti

Check out this Jackass with a Fog Cutter.

Hmm, maybe I should change my user name to "This was a Bad Idea." :wink:

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2008-02-14 05:33 ]

Hey! Go get your own thread!!

Oh, wait....

Wednesday already? Feeling a little thirsty...

MT

I'll be in the neighborhood, so I think I'll drop by. I'm only going to stay for a few minutes, because I'm saving my Pieces Of Eight for tomorrow's Dark and Stormy night!

S

On 2008-02-20 16:14, Mai Tai wrote:
I'll be in the neighborhood, so I think I'll drop by. I'm only going to stay for a few minutes, because I'm saving my Pieces Of Eight for tomorrow's Dark and Stormy night!

You'll be in the neighborhood.... haha. Hey Mai Tai, have you found my magic shoes yet? The ones that teleport me? You know, the red ones?

Suzanne

N
NOTCH posted on Tue, Feb 26, 2008 6:40 PM

Not Wednesday but were heading up for mondo's burfday Tonight(29 again)?...
So if ya like to hang out and have a few drinks drop by...
I'm thinking will be there around 8:30sh
notch...

N
NOTCH posted on Tue, Feb 26, 2008 6:44 PM

See Ya there...

I don't think I'm going to be able to make it tonight ... too much to do, and I'm a bit under the weather. Have fun everyone!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies