Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Album Cover Art Swap - Deadline Dec 24th - It's Done!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 405 replies

Just finished my Tiki Central art swap piece."Hot rods and Tiki finks"
A Hot Rods and Rat Finks album Cover, Ed Roth's signature is in the corner Above Mine.
Over all it is 16x 16 the art is 12x12 lil Daddy Roth enamel Roth MetalFlake on board
with bamboo and clear resin skull frame. Thanks again for running the swap Mike Gilbert.

C
cy posted on Fri, Dec 13, 2013 4:49 PM

Outrageously cool!

Awesome work Mike...such a great idea.

The Duke of Anthony strikes again
Ya hit another one out of da park bruddah

Jon

Thank you cy and hang10 very much.

This is a crazy swap, everything that has been posted is amazing!
always so much fun to do these swaps thanks again mike.

Awesome Anthony, an instant classic!

Wow, that's really animated and moving. Good job Anthony. Wendy

I finished the routering yesterday. Here's a few pictures.

Paint & stain next.

C
cy posted on Sun, Dec 15, 2013 3:21 PM

Holy cow you are good with a router TP!

Very cool TikiPops, great detail!

TikiPops- mad skills cuz...

Jon

I had no idea a router could do that fine detail work. You must be a master. Wendy

T

Thanks all for the kind words on my project. Wendy, I am by no means a master. I do learn some new tricks each time I do a new project. Did a little painting last night. Should be done soon.

T

MDM, I think I missed commenting on yours- holy crap! Not only is the mug fantastic, the album cover/ background is spot on (well, if I don't compare them side by side, I hear). Kidding, love the concept- and execution.

TikiPops, I'm ready to drive up for some routering lessons. Please send directions. Looks killer.

Anthony, phenomenal job. I guess there's no point in picking out a favorite for this year's swap- all of these are fantastic.

[ Edited by: TikiAno 2013-12-18 09:04 ]

I'm still working on a Tamboo project, but it's taken a different turn.
Will be posting something soon.
~kele

Kele
Can't wait to see what you came up with

OK, finally!
The Lost Album of Wes Saxton....

Forgot the label!

tigertail that is so well done that I would swear it's a real album. Remember that Dan had me searching for a copy before you told me it wasn't what you were copying it was your art! Wendy

C
cy posted on Thu, Dec 19, 2013 4:49 PM

Superb!

Thanks guys! I really enjoyed making it. It still makes me laugh, so ridiculous. Please read the liner notes, they are a little fuzzy but funny.
The entries look fantastic, I am truly not sure which one I hope to get most! How does that work again?

Tigertail- that looks so real
Awesome work
2 thumbs up bruddah

Jon

T

Tigertail, great job. I'm wholly impressed with the range of creativity in this Swap- lots of thinking outside the box: 3-D renderings of albums with clay AND paint (Mike), exact replica in mug form (Wendy), amazing woodwork, paintings, and combinations of both woodworking AND painting!

Mike, thanks once again for organizing. Thanks in advance for letting me choose (all of) my swap partners. :wink:

Tigertail, it looks great! Just got back from a quick Flagstaff trip (niece graduation) and tomorrow nite is Greek Christmas dinner for 50 people. THEN I'm gonna sit down and check out the details of your art :lol:

On 2013-12-19 20:41, TikiAno wrote:
Mike...thanks in advance for letting me choose (all of) my swap partners. :wink:

TikiAno, you weren't supposed to tell anyone!!!!!! :wink:

Tigertail,

It's amazing how realistic that album looks. I can't read the liner notes, can you zoom in? (I tried to zoom in on the picture but it got fuzzy.

Mike, are the rules on the first page? (I'll go look now.) I have to refresh my memory. I'm almost done, just need to finish the lettering.

Mo to go

No pressure
:)

WOW !!!!! Such a fantastic group of art by everyone. Really looks great.

OK, Greek Dinner is done, now to get crackin' on this Art Swap! I will take a look through the thread and see who has posted finished art, will see if I can contact those who started but have not posted recently.

TigerTail, I especially want to hear the Rum Barrel Polka :lol:

Lori, as Grand Exalted Swap Director, I get to make up the rules as I go along :lol: Did you find what you were looking for? Let me know if you have a question :)

T

Well, here I am at the deadline again. But it's done except for clear coat tomorrow.

I can't wait for the drawing. All of the projects are great.

TikiPops hit another home run......killer

Jon

Great job TP!!!!

T
TU posted on Mon, Dec 23, 2013 5:17 AM

Wow! Everyone's art looks great! Here is the inspiration for my piece...

And here is what I came up with...

Merry Christmas.

Way to go TU
It's awesome.................
Done with time to spare

More day........

C
cy posted on Mon, Dec 23, 2013 7:25 AM

That is great looking TikiPops, fantastic! You too Tu!

Just to let you guys know I'm still in this. I'm spending all day and night working on my piece. I knew I was totally going to be absolute last minute on this. I've been swamped with projects and getting christmas orders out the door in time. SO My album is totally made up cause why not.
its called "Tastes Like Tahitian Skins in Paradise" a percussion holiday in Hi Fi.
First layer of paint down and drying right now.

I know it always looks lame until about 1/2 way through , then it starts to look like something cool. I just wanted to show proof that I'm doing it.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-12-23 10:23 ]

Two surprize entries!!! Tu, looks great! Dawn, glad to see you are still on board - YOU CAN DO IT!! You have about 34 hours!

OK, here's what I have now. I will start with the ones that are still pending, let me know if there are any corrections or if I am missing someone.

bb moondog – Finished?
LoriLovesTiki – Almost Finished
WaikikianMoeKele - Working
Sophista-Tiki - Working
MaukaHale – started but no recent posts -OUT FOR THIS SWAP, maybe next time

AnthonyMaye - Finished
Cy - Finished
DanLovesTikis - Finished
Hang10Tiki - Finished
MadDogMike - Finished
TikiAno - Finished
TikiPops - Finished
Tigertail – Finished
Tu – Finished
ZeroTiki – Finished

When you hurry through life, you just get to the end faster.
Pirate Ship Tree House

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2013-12-23 12:46 ]

T

TikiPops, fantastic. I was expecting a single color stain, beautiful work! Tu, great job?!

Dawn, excited to see your work progress/ transform.

Mike, thanks for another job organizing this great Swap, and thanks to all who are participating (and Jon for the daily countdown). :wink:

rock & roll

Sophista- sweet
Ano- 23 hrs 58 min to go :)
Moondog- killer

Mike- another great swap
All hail the one called MadDog

Great work everyone.....

Let's see those last few pieces slide in just in the nick of time

Grog- you can start now :)

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2013-12-23 21:09 ]

That is some exotic rum Moondog. Sweet!

Alright... almost done... just working on the border... think I'm going to make it....
~kele

Wow wow wow. All the art is such fun. What time today will we know Mike? Wendy

I really want to do a nice vintage burnt matchstick frame around my piece, but I can't find any standard kitchen matches!!!
~kele

I have to go to work in like 10 minutes and I still have the final layer to put on my piece.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 405 replies