Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies

i'll be there tonight with some friends - it's my friend michael's birthday - we're having dinner at the old spagetti factory in hollywood and will be head over to the ti around 9ish or thereabouts.

H

On 2005-02-16 13:30, Futura Girl wrote:
i'll be there tonight with some friends - it's my friend michael's birthday - we're having dinner at the old spagetti factory in hollywood and will be head over to the ti around 9ish or thereabouts.

Oooh, loverly! I'll be there (naturally).

who's in?

M

Howdy folks--Mr Smiley will be there NEXT Wednesday!! :)

YER ON MY CALENDAR!!!

Oooooh... it's that time! Time for Tiki-Ti to be open once again. Tonight is their first night open after the Mikes' annual spring vacation. I'm getting started on laying down a nice absorbent food layer now.

I'll make the time to go next week. There's a bloodi tiki with my name on it!

B

Ok No one knows me but I will be going tonight for a drink. I have never been and can only stay for a little bit so stop on by and say hi.

Bob

Taking a Wednesday OFF. Going Friday before "Taix" - anybody else planning the "double header" ??

B

Thank you everyone for making me feel welcome. I will have to come back for more. Tiki-Ti is a must see.
Bob

get yer liver ready for the troubles ahead...
PRE OASIS TIKI TI TONIGHT!

I'm going to enjoy my birthday with a couple Ray's Mistakes at the Tiki Ti this Wednesday night. I'll probably get there at 9:00pm or so. If any of my good friends (and that means everybody here on TC) are free to stop in for a spell, there's nothing I'd like better than to catch up with you and share a cocktail.

Cheers!

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2005-05-10 18:01 ]

T

If anyone wants a Tiki Ti fix this Saturday I'll be in town. I hope to be there at 6:00.

H

I'll be headed that way myself quite soon -- I'll make sure to hang around until I can see you for at least a little bit Sabu, but tonight's gonna be an early one for me.

P

I'm going to try to make it down there tonight, but it will be a bit later. 9 or 10. Hope to see you there, Tim. If not, Happy Birthday.

Thanks Paul, Humu,

Two of the nicest folks I know! Look foward to seeing you there, swapping Oasis war stories.

Sabu

Sabu,
I can't make it tonight but still want to wish you a Happy Birthday. Have a good time tonight.

Happy Birthday Tim,
Can't make it, but I'm toasting a revised double XP#2 for you as I write.

Ran

M

Here's some pix from our booze soaked visit to the Tiki Ti on the Wednesday before Oasis:

Zombie Lemoore!

planning to attend this Weds 5/18.

Just look for that weird outplace guy drinkin a Rays Mistake and havin a NY drivers Licence when I head in. Hope to see ya'll there.

I posted in my own post area for this not knowing there was a continuing Weds thing.

It was a good time had by all - I got there a little later than expected - thanks to girls! BUT Sabu was waitin - thanks - The others I missed sorry about that I know Weds eves are tough. Any way Sabu I sent you a PM about the the 3 headed Pele.

INJOY - cu all soon

S

Aloha L.A. folks!

Oaktiki and I will be at Tiki Ti tomarrow night, probably fairly early in the evening. This is THE moment I've been waiting for- and part of the inspiration behind the California Coastal Crawl.

Come on out and make our very first Tiki Ti experience even Tiki-er for your very presence!

Is that going to be on Thursday? Or tonight (Wednesday)?? I'd love to meet up - but - I can't make both nights :lol:

Scott+

H

Sounds like another totally zazz Wednesday night at Tiki-Ti! Hanford & I will be there, and mig's in town with AppleVenus, they might make it, too.

DZ

I really shouldn't (because it is technically still a school night for me), but I think I'll be heading up there tonight, as I'll be out of town next Wednesday. Any body else up for it? I usually get there on the early side.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Jun 16, 2005 5:11 PM

Good times , those rays mistakes wow!!

H

:drink:

That was an extra tiki night, for sure!! Caught DJLee's gig at the Bigfoot afterwards. See you at Lucky Tiki Sunday night!!!

DZ

Nice seein' folks: Humu & Hanford (thanx for the drink!), Hiltiki & Cutiki, Kirby & Polly, Jonpaul, Big Tiki Dude, Sven & Beachbum Berry. Papa TT - You were pretty busy, bouncing from one table to another; at some point we've gotta sit n' talk story! Now that school's out ( :wink: ), I'll try to make this a regular thing for the summer. ('cept next week - 'cause I'll be in Hawaii!)

I finally made it out to the Tiki Ti! I also had my friend Ria in tow. It was her first time there but not her last Grey's Mistake!

Got my Bloody Tiki, it was delicious.

Nice seeing/talking to the usual suspects at the Tiki Ti!

[ Edited by: CheekyGirl 2007-05-07 10:27 ]

Hi people!

I may be in LA on Weds, August 17.

Is Tiki Ti open through August or will Mike and Mike Jr be on one of their extended annual vacations...?

The calendar on the Tiki-Ti website says it'll be open. They usually do their vacations in the spring and at xmastime, but it's always good to double-check. It'll be great to see you! How long will you be in town? I think that night is when Hanford will have a good friend of his in town, too, should be a fun night!

Critiki - Hundreds of tiki bars, Polynesian restaurants, and other sites of interest to the tiki traveller, collector or urban archaeologist

[ Edited by: Humuhumu 2005-07-22 12:51 ]

R

On 2005-07-22 12:38, tikibars wrote:
Hi people!

I may be in LA on Weds, August 17.

Is Tiki Ti open through August or will Mike and Mike Jr be on one of their extended annual vacations...?

I asked Mike Sr. when their next vacation would be last Saturday night. He said that they weren't going to close down this summer. Their next "vacation" wouldn't be until December or so. So things look good for your August visit.

Still a good idea to check their website as HH suggested just to be on the safe side as the date approaches.

J
Jawa posted on Wed, Jul 27, 2005 10:30 AM

Hi all!
Just wanted to let you know that my wife and I, and my cousin and his girlfriend, will be at the Tiki Ti on the 17th as well. Look forward to meeting some TC'ers finally, :D

Also, I am stocking up on supplies for a Tiki Birthday party when I get back. So if you guys know of any places to get Vic's syrups around LA and San Diego, please PM me!

Mahalo!

R

Anyone else planning on going to the Tiki Ti tonight (July 27th)?

I will be heading down early tonight bringing with me (in a RARE L.A "the other side of the Orange Curtain" appearance) the one, the only, TIKI BONG.

You may place your bets now in either Vegas or Atlantic City if he will actually show-up and not flake out.

hmmmm.... not promising anything, but we're celebrating a friend's birthday at nearby Cobras and Matadors (next door to Wacko/Soap Plant - La Luz de Jesus). That's a stone's throw from Tiki Ti. I think I can convince them to go there afterwards!

H

Well if Bong is going I have to go to, and thats all there is to it.

Well, I did go to Tiki Ti after all. There was about five of us. I didn't see anyone.

DZ

When did you go? Somehow you missed myself, Bong, Riptide, Hiltiki & Cutiki. We were there for quite a while. Ah well, maybe next week?

On 2005-07-28 02:38, Doctor Z wrote:
When did you go? Somehow you missed myself, Bong, Riptide, Hiltiki & Cutiki. We were there for quite a while. Ah well, maybe next week?

We were there about 11 to midnight. Kind of late, because we got to dinner late. BTW although the food is pretty good at Cobras and Matadors, the service is really slow and unprofessional.

[ Edited by: paranoid123 2005-07-28 04:22 ]

H

So, this
WEDNESDAY I'll be at Tiki-Ti, 'cause it
IS a swell place to be, and hopefully my dear friend
DOCTOR Z'S going to
B- there, 'cause that'd make my
DAY.

If he is, I think I'll buy him drinks. I hear he likes that. Especially on special occasions. Especially ones that end in numbers evenly divisible by 5.

(Actually, I'm pretty positive he's going to be there, 'cause I'm driving him myself. Come on out and join the celebration!)

Schedule officially cleared as of five-minutes ago - full speed ahead!! I'll be there for sure. Anybody else up for yet another celebration of Doctor Z's birthday??

OL

I'll be there. We had a great time at his party, and I definitely want to help celebrate his birthday!

I'm going to try to make it. Hopefully, I'll see ya'll there!

TMF

I am going to do my best to swing by. I am in the nard, but I missed the party but in hopes not 2 miss tonight.

P

I am planning to be there, but I can't get there until a bit later. Probably around 9 or so.

H

I am there! with or without Cutiki.:drink:

What an incredible time.

Dr. Z, way to keep the birthday celebration continuing!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies