Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies

P

I just checked the website. Tiki Ti is open this week, Web 11/14 to Sat 11/17. Saturday the 17th is the last day they are open for the rest of November and presumably for the rest of the year. This week is our last chance for a Ray's Mistake until January.

I am tentatively planning to be there Wed at about 8:30. If I cannot make it for some reason I will be there either Friday or Saturday so that I can get my last drink and complete the entire menu before the holiday shutdown. I cannot do it Thursday.

So, if everything goes as planned and you are still there at 8:30, I will see you there.

We will see you there!!

I'll try but no guarentees.

I wish they were open on sundays mondays and tuesdays, as I have been in that area alot lately on their closed days, and it painis me so, that they are open more often.
to be so close, and not open is torture.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

C

Tiki Ti Holiday Schedule

P

That calendar is not on the website, or at least if it is there I can't find it. The calendar on the website only goes through November. It's good to know that they have some open days in December. They are still closed for my birthday, though, so no drink there again. I still want to get the last drink in this week, and prospects are looking much better for tomorrow.

So come and help me celebrate the last drink to finish the entire Tiki Ti menu!

M

zazz!

Who else is going??

Bump

I think I can make it.

Wish TikiBird & I could make it, but no luck tonight.

MrSmiley, if you're still in town Friday night, think we'll be there later in the evening.

I will also be at Tiki-Ti on Friday night. Probably around 6-ish as I will already be in the area for another Dealio.

C

On 2007-11-13 14:53, CaliTiki wrote:
Tiki Ti Holiday Schedule sent to me via Bulletin from Tiki-Ti on MySpace

Ill be there tonight at about 8.

Don't drink all the rum before I get there.

JV

P

Ah, Myspace. That explains why I never saw it. I don't do myspace. Plus myspace is blocked from work, where I am most of the time.

See you tonight. I should be there around 8:30. Maybe I can make it Friday, too.

A

I didn't want to start a new thread, but here's the deal

My divorce is final tomorrow (Thursday)

I know nobody here knows me, but if you happen to be going to the Ti Thursday after 9:30, I'll be the one over-compensating for the weird mood by dressing a little over the top.

I'm hoping some friends come out, I'd love to meet some Tiki Central folk since I better get into the social swing of things now that I'm single!

sorry I didn't make it tonight, I had a horrendous headache, a tad of a cold( dont like to spread germs) and im beat tired trying to catch up on work, after staying home on tues.

I maybe be up for a Late Fri stop in after 9 ish.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2007-11-14 18:08, annalulu wrote:

I know nobody here knows me, but if you happen to be going to the Ti Thursday after 9:30, I'll be the one over-compensating for the weird mood by dressing a little over the top.

That's not exactly going to narrow it down.

Congratulations and Condolences on such an occasion.

Thursday is not exactly the day. I think there will be a bunch there Friday. Of course, it is much more crowded on Friday. That might be good for you, actually.

Last night at Tiki-Ti PiPhiRho wrapped up the mostly delicious 86 drink menu by knocking back the Tiki Tea!

Mike Jr. gets the Tiki Tea ready.

PiPhiRho with his final drink on the list - The elusive Tiki Tea.

Then he blended his drink menu checklist and drank that too! It was an exciting night.

Congratulations PiPhiRho! :)

On 2007-11-14 18:08, annalulu wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread, but here's the deal

My divorce is final tomorrow (Thursday)

I'm hoping some friends come out, I'd love to meet some Tiki Central folk since I better get into the social swing of things now that I'm single!

Sounds like it was a pretty nasty divorce. Maybe alcohol might not be the best thing for you right now. But the Tiki folks are a nice bunch of people if you're looking for a social circle, the only negative thing I would say is many of the events are geared towards alcohol drinking. Also check out ODC (outdoors club) if you like doing things outdoors, North Ranch Mountain bikers if you like Mtn biking. My people connection is another great social circle (www.mypeopleconnection.com) as well as the "meetup" network.... plus theres the Sierra Club if you like hikes. Good luck!

-J

Congrats Paul, you da man, I will never drink all the drinks on the list, too many boozes I don't like on there.
If it was just Rum drinks, I would try harder.

did you really drink the blended drink list?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey BigTikiDude ... if you happen to stop in Tiki Ti tonight, I'll buy ya a drink :wink: :wink: :wink:

P

On 2007-11-16 13:26, bigtikidude wrote:
Congrats Paul, you da man, I will never drink all the drinks on the list, too many boozes I don't like on there.
If it was just Rum drinks, I would try harder.

did you really drink the blended drink list?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Boris thinks he's some kinda comedian. :wink:

On 2007-11-16 18:04, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Hey BigTikiDude ... if you happen to stop in Tiki Ti tonight, I'll buy ya a drink :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sorry Hanford, I missed your Post Otherwise I would have gone.

A buddy invited me over to have some Beer and Pizza and kick back and listen to some tunes, and catch up.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

A

hey all!
Naw, the divorce wasn't particularly nasty, just draining, as they all are.

I was there and tossed back a Bayanihan before the cigar smoke got to me. it got to me bad, making me vomit a little in my mouth.

bleh. I like seeing everyone feel at home smoking indoors for once, but I can't handle it.

Oh, and the fact that I was groped by a very drunk, um. . . non tiki person was unpleasant as well. At one point he even reached over and took some of our snacks! I'm all for being friendly in a small space, but he was just being a jerk.

I will miss you, Tiki Ti.

Best time to go was always Wed. around 6. Alas, my ex got the apartment near the bar!

I agree that even though I don't smoke and am not crazy about cig smoke, but its cool that people can smoke there if they want.

but the cigar smoke is totally gross.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

P

It's a last minute decision, but I am going tonight. I should be there around 8:30 or so if anyone else is thinking of dropping in. If not, that's OK too.

Hey Piphirho

How's ol' Tiki Ti doing? Wish I could join in on the fun, but am geographically challenged these days. How many drinks are you up to now? Got the whole menu down the hatch yet? Oh, how I miss that place.

-Weird Unc

Tiki Ti is doing very well. I had a Hot Buttered Rum as well as my usual Ray's Mistake. There was a good crowd there tonight and a festive atmosphere. Plus, they have added pictures to the alcove where the ATM is, and I noticed a picture of our own Weird Uncle Tiki with Miles Thompson among the photos. So you are there with me tonight, even in your absence!

I did finally finish the menu just this November. All 86 drinks, and now I can start all over. I am told drink #87 will soon be added, so sometime soon I get to finish the menu all over again.

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho 2007-12-19 23:38 ]

I'm having a hankerin' for a Ray's Mistake.
I think I'm gonna hit up the Tiki Ti on the 13th.

P

Me too. Definitely been having some Ray's Mistake withdrawls. I was thinking of going tomorrow but something else has come up. If I make it at all it will be late, like after 10. No $5 mistake that late, but I may still pop in later for a full priced one.

Fine!!

You've twisted my arm.

I'll be there.

sigh wish it was closer,
I have been going to LA so much on the weekends, Fri Sat. Sun.
that mustering up the energy and money to go on a Wed. is almost impossible.
:(

Jeff(bigtikidude)

CheekyGirl and Bora Boris 2/13/2008

1 Fog Cutter + 1 Bloody Tiki + 5 Ray's Mistakes = 1 Goodnight

J

On 2008-02-13 23:34, Bora Boris wrote:
CheekyGirl and Bora Boris 2/13/2008

1 Fog Cutter + 1 Bloody Tiki + 5 Ray's Mistakes = 1 Goodnight

:o Anything you two want to announce? :o

On 2008-02-13 23:59, JenTiki wrote:

:o Anything you two want to announce? :o

Yes, we both wear glasses.

Missed ya PiPhiRho, I left shortly after the toast to the Ninja Master about 9:15 pm.

And Jen!!! Tisk Tisk Tisk!

It was almost midnight when I got there. Time enough for a Ray's Mistake before heading home. Next Wednesday will be pretty much the same deal.

J

On 2008-02-14 18:18, CheekyGirl wrote:
And Jen!!! Tisk Tisk Tisk!

Well, you know ... two attractive, single people, several alcoholic beverages, and a hint of a "goodnight" ... what are we to assume? :wink:

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2008-02-15 00:23 ]

PiPhiRho, I may go next Wednesday as well. I love that place. It's especially cool to have Mike Sr. in front of the bar instead of behind it. He was watching his boys mixing up drinks. Incidentally, speaking of drinks, Boris and I were watching the guys like Hawks as they were mixing up the Ray's Mistakes.

1 oz or so of some yellowish-orangy fruity stuff; 1 oz or so of some reddish-orangy fruity stuff; 1 oz of something clear and sugary; some kind of white booze and, of course, a float of Coruba Rum (which is the only think we know for certain) That's a damn good drink.

Cheers!

Next Wednesday evening I will be at a Lunar Eclipse party. Well, party in a sense. Drinking, smoking and observing the eclipse. It will be in the Pasadena area. If I am not already too drunk I may stop by Tiki Ti on my way back home, but it will again be late. Sometime between 10 and Midnight.

I really really thought about going on Wed. but I was coming down with the damn bomerang flu that everybody been getting lately.

I might go tonight.
Sat.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

P

If the weather stays bad tomorrow then the lunar eclipse party is off. If the lunar eclipse party is off, Tiki Ti is on.

H

If CheekyGirl goes I go, we will see.

[ Edited by: hiltiki 2008-02-19 21:42 ]

H

Ok, I just got the final word. We will be there between 7-7:30. We will be getting the recipe for Rey's Mistake for all of you. Cheeky Girl says she will do anything it takes to succeed. She does not like to loose......:drink: :drink:

P

Too cloudy for decent eclipse viewing so the gathering is off. I will do my best to drown my sorrows in a Ray's Mistake tonight at Tiki Ti instead. I should be getting there between 8 and 8:30.

Pual told me last night that they will be closed for a month,
wish I had known that, I would have gone recently.
how bout we all meet up there when they open again?
I'm craving a Zombie and a Jim's special.
;-0

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-03-23 19:09, bigtikidude wrote:
Pual told me last night that they will be closed for a month,
wish I had known that, I would have gone recently.
how bout we all meet up there when they open again?
I'm craving a Zombie and a Jim's special.
;-0

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Is the month over yet? I'm going to check. I've been sick for the last 3 weeks. If they are open next Wed. (4/9) I'll be there.

BB

Sorry Nelva, not open until the 16th.

whaddya Guys think about Fri, the 18th?
the night before the tiki farm parking lot sale.

on a side note.
I have been craving a good drink so bad, and have been in LA alot lately.
So I broke down and went to Trader vics lounge yesterday.
Navy Grog was amazing, and a Mai Tai.
Ming knows his shit.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies