Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies

On 2006-06-15 17:33, BettyBleu wrote:

On 2006-06-15 06:45, Al-ii wrote:
OK Wed, Paul what time do you think you might get there? When Poly Pop gets back from Cancun, I'll ask him to come. Bleu you bringing Brini? Who else? I'll ask Kate.
Mahalo,
Al

I'll be there. It'll be a fun start for a big Tiki weekend since I'm flying up to Portland the very next day for the NW Crawl!! I'll check with TikiBrini too.

Well I need to get a calendar with the days of the week on it. I missed Wednesday. I though it was Thursday on Wednesday and we were planning for next week. (I'm digging a hole here) I'll be there next Wed!!

P

On 2006-06-15 06:45, Al-ii wrote:
OK Wed, Paul what time do you think you might get there? When Poly Pop gets back from Cancun, I'll ask him to come. Bleu you bringing Brini? Who else? I'll ask Kate.
Mahalo,
Al

I am usually there later, which may explain me not seeing other TC'ers, but I usually see the regulars. This is a really busy week for me and kicks off what will be a very busy summer. If I make it Wednesday at all it will probably be after 8. The crowd starts coming in after 9, but Wednesdays as a rule don't get really packed.

in case I can't hit a computer before weds - I will be there probably after 8 (hopefully not late late) - but I'll show up.

a fellow TC'er there has my digits and I'll be in touch with him - I don't want to call him out in case of no show on his part...

So I'll see there!
jack

Just look for the Baribault Creationz logo and you'll know > c b lo

Save a Rays Mistake for me!!!

A
Al-ii posted on Wed, Jun 21, 2006 5:04 PM

I'm sorry I can't make it tonight,
Al

P

I won't be making it tonight either. Maybe next week.

Was another fun night! Missed you all! Next week??

T

Is Ray's Mistake still half price on Wednesdays? Anybody going to be there on Wednesday, July 19?

Yes, Wednesday is still $5 Ray's Mistakes. I may try to get there, but I have a class on Wednesday nights now that goes to 8, so if I can make it I'll be there probably around 9 or so.

H

I am not sure, maybe. I will see if I can get out of work early ...

Did they always have $5 Ray's Mistakes on Wednesdays or is that a recent thing? I don't know if I've ever gone to Tiki Ti on a Wednesday, and that's like my #2 favorite drink there.

T

On 2006-07-18 14:22, paranoid123 wrote:
Did they always have $5 Ray's Mistakes on Wednesdays or is that a recent thing? I don't know if I've ever gone to Tiki Ti on a Wednesday, and that's like my #2 favorite drink there.

Yes, they've been doing it for years in memory of Ray. At 8 o'clock Mike Sr. rings a bell and gives a toast to his Dad. There was an article about Father's Day in the Los Angeles Times a few years ago that told about it.

H

I think the Wed. night Ray's Mistake specials are much weaker in alcohol content than on a regular night with regular pay.

P

Class cancelled for tomorrow! the chances that I'll be at Tiki Ti tomorrow just went up.

1/2 price Ray's mistakes were good last night! Thanks for the drink TigerLily!!!!
WooooHooooOOOO!

Is Ray's Mistake still half price on Wednesdays?

Yes, Weds. Special is still $5 Ray's Mistakes. Soccertiki and I were happy that we got to enjoy the Wednesday's Special with Tigerlily & PiPhiRho :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-07-20 15:10 ]

P

Even if the Ray's Mistake is a little watered down on Wednesdays, they're still damn good and well worth the $5. It's an opportunity to have a Jim's Special or a Stealth as your 2nd drink and not get totally shit-faced.

I should be at the Ti at 8:00pm or thereabouts this Wednesday.

Sabu

I'll try to be there Too!!! I need a Ray's Mistake!!! See you there!!!

A
Al-ii posted on Tue, Aug 1, 2006 8:03 PM

Bong, Adrian and I will be there too
mahalo,
Al

P

Cool! A sizeable TC turnout after some time. I'll do my best to be there, too, but probably a little later as usual. 8:30, maybe 9.

M

Smiley's in Ontario that night-I will do my ZAZZest to be a the "Ti". See you around 9-ish!

R

I'm heading out the door right now.

Nothing goes together better than some Ray's Mistakes and some Pioneer Chicken (just across the open-air lanai, otherwise known as Sunset Blvd.)

WoooHooo! Soccertiki and I are on our way too :)

Damn damn damn, I wish TC night at Tiki Ti wasn't on Wed.
I would love to go up for some Pioneer chicken and drinks.
But it's the same night that surf bands play at the Baja Cantina
in Marina Del Rey.
I'm so torn, well th ebands don't play past Sept. so maybe yall, will still go once in awhile in the cooler months.
That's another thing, Tiki Ti in the heat is kinda boiling inside.
Hope yall had a good time last night.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

P

Another Wednesday night and probably my last chance to visit Tiki Ti for a while. I'm going. Probably be there around 8:30.

I'm delivering a large eBay item to a buyer in Hollywood tonight. I'll head over to Tiki Ti (with fresh Mai Tai money) afterwards. Should be there about 8:00pm

Sabu

P

I am in desperate need of a Ray's Mistake. Or something tropical, delicious and rum-laden. Forbidden Island is too far away. Just wondering if anybody else was maybe entertaining thoughts of Tiki Ti. I may still go even if it's just me, or maybe I'll save the drive and head to Purple Orchid instead.

Please excuse my thinking out loud.

I almost went this last wednesday, but got stuck at work. I've been dreaming of a Tiki Ti drink, so I'll be there next Wednesday.

I will probably not be at Tiki Ti this Wednesday. I'll be packing to leave for Florida and Hukilau early Thursday morning.

Going tonight , think we are meeting TIKIWAGON's there along with folks from the drive-in.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Oct 25, 2006 12:26 PM

Evil bastard! Why dost thou tempt GROG so?

S
squid posted on Wed, Oct 25, 2006 4:42 PM

:( The Tikiwagons regret to inform that they are both ill and won't be able to make it to Tiki Ti tonight. Provided they get in good shape, they hope to make it to Tiki Taix on Friday! Sue asked that everyone still go and raise one for them!

Anyone planning on going to Tiki Ti this coming Wednesday, November 1st?

Hey James and any other Snow Birds!!!

Check out Jet Blue from Chi to LBC .

Starting Jan ?

36 Bucks each way!!!

http://www.jetblue.com

I NEED to go! All work and no play is making me a dull girl. I'm going to be there on the 1st. Hell or Highwater.

I will definitely be at Tiki Ti on Wednesday, at about 8:30.

See this post for more details:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21557&forum=16&6

See you all there -

P

I'm due for a Tiki Ti Wednesday. See you there.

H

Anyone else?

Wednesday Night at the Tiki Ti. Toro Toro!

TikiBars & PiPhiRho, checking off another drink off the list.

8 Ball Owner, Naomi & James

TikiBars, CheekyGirl and PiPhiRho

The Artist himself, Miles, with Squid mug in hand.

There's no place like home. Cheers!

P

Man, wish I had gone back tonight. I have a serious hankerin' for a Jim's Special for some reason. Well, I made myself a Lapu Lapu and I guess that will have to do.

Another great night at Tiki Ti. Now I just need to get my ass up to Alameda to visit Forbidden Island.

I mapquested Forbidden Island, it's quite a trek for us in this area, but a group "road trip" does come to mind.

The way a drink should be enjoyed at Tiki Ti:
The mix...with anticipation

The service

The taste...

The enjoyment

The Master!!!!

P

This week is your last chance for a Ray's Mistake until after Christmas.

This Wednesday, November 15, is the last Wednesday that Tiki Ti will be open before they close for their holiday... holiday. Saturday, Nov. 18 is the last day they are open until they re-open for New Years on December 27. So this week is the last chance for a Ray's Mistake (or a Jim's Special, Uga Booga, Blood and Sand...) for a while. I am planning to be there tomorrow, probably sometime after 8. I may also try to get down there on Saturday as well.

CL

I'm jealous. :)

T

Great pictures guys, Thanks for posting em. Looking at the pictures is the only way that I get to go. Those pictures look great. The second one down, he is so good, he can do it with his eyes closed.

On 2006-11-14 15:31, PiPhiRho wrote:
This week is your last chance for a Ray's Mistake until after Christmas.

Lady Velour and I will be there Saturday!
Toro!! Toro!!

On 2006-11-15 06:18, teaKEY wrote:
Great pictures guys, Thanks for posting em. Looking at the pictures is the only way that I get to go. Those pictures look great. The second one down, he is so good, he can do it with his eyes closed.

Indeed! Just came upon Soccertiki's sequence today, what fine photography, the selective focus is brilliant, that must have been done by a pro? The way Mike's orange shirt blends with the orange background...what great portraiture of the man. These should go on the Tiki Ti website!

Aaach, I am homesick.

Damn, I would have been there, but caught nasty bug. I spent my Wednesday night at urgent care, waiting for a RX. I'll see if I can crawl out on Saturday.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies