Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies

See you there !

A few of us at the Tiki Ti when CocoLoco & Mai Tai were tearing up SoCal.

This was Mai Tai after the 8th drink, Man, look at his eyes!

P

Given recent developments in both the Tiki world (Beverly Hills TV) and the real world (work) it is time for a Ray's Mistake. I figure I'll be there between 8 and 8:30.

Hey Paul,
we were gonna go there after the surf show at Baja Cantina last night.
but it got moved because helth dept closed it for a few days.
so the band played at the Purple Orchid form 8:30 to 11:30pm,
by th e time we were gonna head over there(Tiki Ti) we remembered it closes at midnight on weeknights, doh!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'll be there tonight!!! I'll be meeting Poly Pop and Sabu. I Hope anybody can join us!!!

P

Cool! I was debating if I should go or not but, I'm on my way!

Anyone going tonight? I'm not sure if I'll be off work, but I want to keep my options open!

Z

Hi, I'm flying out from Virginia and will be in Costa Mesa all next week. I should be free each night around 6 and was hoping to visit a few key LA establishments. I'd like to visit tiki-ti next Wednesday. any advice? Also where else should I go? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P

On 2007-07-18 12:28, annalulu wrote:
Anyone going tonight? I'm not sure if I'll be off work, but I want to keep my options open!

I was there last Wednesday, but it was a last minute decision to go and I got there after 9. It looks next week may be a good night to go.

Zombieki

Okay, this has nothing to do with tiki, but if you like shrimp, don't mind getting your fingers a little wet, and you like spicy food I recommend you try Killer Shrimp. The Studio City location (very close to Univeral Studios) is only 8.3 miles from Tiki Ti. The Marina Del Rey location is much more consistent in their recipe though. Neither is a place you go for the decor or ambience, just the food. The Marina Del Rey location is just minutes from Venice Beach and Santa Monica, so you can get a good meal and sightseeing in one trip.

Here's a link to some reviews.
http://losangeles.citysearch.com/review/151458?rpp=22

Reading the reviews, some people just don't get it, some do. It's a bit like Tiki in that respect. I never go to LA without making a beeline to KS. Maybe I'll run into you at the Tiki Ti on Wednesday as I'll be in LA for work, if I can pry myself away from the job.

• SV
M
Murph posted on Sun, Jul 22, 2007 9:51 PM

Serious Voodoo,
Two thumbs up for Killer Shrimp. It is excellent.

My mom used to make shrimp like this when I was a kid in North Florida.
Was surprised to find a restaurant with it as the only item on the menu.
Too bad they don't use the jumbo shrimp like mom did.:D

P

If all goes according to plan (and no reason right now to think that it will not) I should be at Tiki Ti tonight at about 8:30 or so.

Oh, and another thumbs up on Killer Shrimp. I like it original style, with the shells in the big bowl of sauce with lemon and tabasco. Shell the shrimp, squeeze some lemon, shake on a little tabasco, dip with the shrimp back in the sauce and eat. Then grab a piece of the french bread, dip it into the sauce and eat it sopping wet. Chase the whole thing with a corona. Larrapin!

No killer shrimp tonight, but Ray's Mistakes are indicated.

P

Barring any unforseen events, I have a feeling that I will be in the mood for a Ray's Mistake this Wednesday, 8/1, and possibly even check another drink or two off my list. ETA is 8-ish. If anyone else things they might be in a similar state of mind I would love the company, but if not I will be drinking anyway.

I've had a very tough week so far and it's only Tuesday! I think I'll join ya!

P

Bump for tonight. I'm still planning on going.

TL

Tiki Lion's slowly catching up...

Re: Killer Shrimp: I love the bits of rosemary in the soup.
And it's just a 5 minute walk from home...

I usually get mine over rice, eat the shrimp, dip a few hunks of bread, then take the rice home for breakfast or lunch the next day.
Japanese breakfast style: microwave the rice & broth, then while it's still piping hot stir in an egg, cover, let sit 5 minutes, stir again and eat.
You got your protein group, your rice group, garlic, pepper and some delicious herbaceous grooviness.
For two meals!

Meanwhile, picking up the thread again: look for me at Tiki-Ti in the first hour after opening this week.
I probably won't have any of my new mugs by then, but when I stopped in last week I was transported to Tiki Island just by the ambience in less than 30 seconds.

See you there!

The Whale Rider, Riptide, Tiki Bong, and me will be be there when the Ti opens tonight.

P

I can't be there before 8:30, and may not be able to make it at all tonight. If you're still there that late maybe I'll see you.

BB

I'm in!

H

My friend Margaret and I are in. See you 8:30ish...Yum Ray's Mistake.

TL

Was that the Whaleses I saw leaving about 7:30 this (last) evening?
I was a little delayed, and didn't get there until 7, or perhaps a little after.
Being a shy sort of cat, I retired to the snack bar to observe, accepting Mark's gracious offer to make a Mai Tai - truly the best to date.
After the first shift wandered off, I settled toward the front of the bar, where Mike Jr. generously offered to make me a Mai Tai - this one even better than the first.
Or was it the first that made the second one taste so good?
I vote two tikis up for Mark. In just a few weeks he's already eclipsing outside mixgicians.
Anyway, about that time Mike Sr. eased hisself into the -Ti, introduced Gil (the website guy), and took me on a tour of the place.
I now feel properly welcomed!

(The following transplanted from another thread to continue the ongoing Tiki-Ti thread, hopefully as a public service.)
(Please let me know if I should not do this!)

snip!

zip!

(KikiTiki sez:)

We are going to be hanging out in L.A. a few days before heading
down to San Diego for Tiki Oasis. We plan on hitting Tiki Ti
when it opens about 6pm that Wed. if other Tiki Oasis folks want
to meet. We look like this:

https://tikicentral.com/uploads/5567/46be6fe8.jpg

Aloha,,
Kiki

(Tiki Lion sez:)

Yo!

'Ohana!

Let's take care of our guests!

(rugbymatt sez:)

Tiki Ti is on the hit list for Wednesday night for me also so I'll see you there. SoccerTiki and WooHoo Wahine are picking me up at LAX that morning and we are tearing up the LA tiki scene before descending on SD Thursday morning to kick-off Oasis 7. See everybody soon!

P

Wednesday night at Tiki Ti on the Wed before Tiki Oasis is something of a tradition. I am planning on being there, my work load allowing, of course.

MT

Coco Loco and I plan on rolling in to Tiki Ti on Wednesday evening. We'll probably be there around 9pm or so. I think other TC Norcal peeps TikiTastic and Panda and Canada Kai Treasure plan on being there too, but not sure.

Hung over is the only way to start Tiki Oasis!!!

Hey Mai Tai...you are correct. Panda, Canada Kai Treasure and myself will be at Tiki Ti Wednesday night on our way to Tiki Oasis. Looking forward to the fun!

A

Tiki Ti once again open starting tonight!! I can't make it this evening, but want to go Thursday (9/20) close to opening. Anyone else going??

'tis a beautiful thing....

T

Hi
We are flying in from England on October 9th and will be at Tiki Ti's on Wednesday 10th October for a few cocktails, King Kukulele, Tiki Diablo and Steph and hopefully Naomi from 8-Ball will all be there too, so anybody else interested in joining us to say HI, let us know.
Thanks.
Sue and Dave.

I'll be there tonight (Oct 3rd) at about 7:00pm. I'll try to make another visit on the 10th to meet Tikiwagon and the gang.

Sabu

P

I was thinking I might go, but the earliest I can be there is 8:30. See you around then if you are still around.

The 10th is my B-day I was planing on going, good to know there will be some others there also.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bump, reminder for Wed. hope to see some of Yall for my B-day.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

A
Al-ii posted on Tue, Oct 9, 2007 10:13 AM

In
Mahalo,
Al

Thanks Al, your the only one who likes me :(

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'll be there Big Tiki Dude and I'll buy you a drink but if you have a Reversal you'll owe me a drink.

P

I will see you there. Five drinks to go!

On 2007-10-09 11:06, Bora Boris wrote:
I'll be there Big Tiki Dude and I'll buy you a drink but if you have a Reversal you'll owe me a drink.

See Y'all there. Jeff, same deal applies with me!

ok all,
thanks for chiming in.
3 drinks and thats it,
If I have more than that,
its all down hill.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Great times last night,
an no reversals :)

was great to Meet Tiki Wagon and partner, sorry Im Horrible with
Names.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Tiki Chris and I fly into LAX at 7pm your time tomorrow [31st Oct]. We plan to go straight to Tiki Ti and beat the jet lag with rum. Not sure when we'll get there but hope to meet some of you before closing time.

I

So that is why there has been so tikiphiles at the joint on wednesday! Maybe I should read the boards more....... anyway I hope to be there myself tomorrow.

On 2007-10-30 13:17, tikiracer wrote:
Tiki Chris and I fly into LAX at 7pm your time tomorrow [31st Oct]. We plan to go straight to Tiki Ti and beat the jet lag with rum. Not sure when we'll get there but hope to meet some of you before closing time.

Yeah, like he said. Fingers crossed there's no delay in our flight.

Happy Halloween!
Chris

T

Hope you two guys made it even though you would probably be really tired after that flight,then the fun of US customs,not to mention getting your bags,getting stressed at the car rental place when they ran out of the one you reserved and the final insult, LA freeway traffic!!But a rays mistake is worth all that,We were there a couple of weeks ago and was great as usual.

T

We managed to hit most of the issues on your list, finally feel into tiki ti at 12am [US time]. Got a couple of drinks before time was called. It was quiet and got to chat with Mike and Mike, which was great. The bar might be small but it full of history. You're right the ray's mistake was just the ticket. Still on the road so will post pics when I get back.

M

I will be at the Tiki Ti around 7:30 pm and on this Weds 11-14 ---zazz!

If I am not mistaken, this week is the last week that TIki Ti will be open before closing for their holiday break.

And I have ONE more drink to go to finish the menu.

I am shooting for making it there this wednesday, but I am not certain right now that I can make it. If not, I will be there Friday or Saturday so that I can get my last drink before they go dark for the rest of the year.

H

I will try, depends on my work hours......:)

M

The computer I am using can't access their website-so I couldn't check their schedule. THey better be open! :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies