Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies

J
Jawa posted on Wed, Aug 10, 2005 11:19 AM

Are there any halfway decent hotels near the Tiki Ti?

We are planning on spending next Wednesday in LA, capped off with a night at the Ti, but I am sure we are not going to want to drive back to San Diego that night. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

T

On 2005-08-10 11:19, Jawa wrote:
Are there any halfway decent hotels near the Tiki Ti?

We are planning on spending next Wednesday in LA, capped off with a night at the Ti, but I am sure we are not going to want to drive back to San Diego that night. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Try the Travelodge on Vermont just south of Sunset. It's nothing fancy but it's only a few blocks walk from the Tiki Ti.

J
Jawa posted on Thu, Aug 11, 2005 6:03 AM

Sounds good, Mr. thejab!

(10 tiki points to whomever can guess the movie line that popped into my head when I wrote this...)

"Sounds good, Mr. the kid" from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Where do I collect my tiki points, and what can I redeem them for?

On 2005-08-11 06:32, ookoo lady wrote:
"Sounds good, Mr. the kid" from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Where do I collect my tiki points, and what can I redeem them for?

You can redeem them for a Krustiki/English, English/Krustiki translation dictionary at the next Tiki Oasis.

Thanks! I can't wait!

He said something about bringing amplifyers to ITD, but that may be code for Agwa.

J
Jawa posted on Fri, Aug 12, 2005 11:00 AM

I really need to start checking my posts more often...yes, of course you are correct ookoo lady! As for tiki points...who knows, but at least you have 10!!!

Tonight is going to be the last Tiki-Ti night for Hanford & I for quite a while -- we're going to be spending some time in the Bay Area for the next few months. We're likely to be visting L.A. every once in a while, just as we have been periodically visting S.F., but there's no telling when we'll next get to Tiki-Ti.

Come on out and have Ray's Mistakes with us!

I'm planning to drop by. I have a late Wednesday Mass at 7:30 - but - I'll be six short blocks away!!

Anyone going tonight? I'll be dropping by around 6-ish. See y'all there....

A

The He man Woman Haters will be at the T tonight around 6:00. See you then. Who's in?
Mahalo,
Al

On 2005-09-14 10:01, Al-ii wrote:
The He man Woman Haters will be at the T tonight around 6:00. See you then. Who's in?
Mahalo,
Al

I wish I could be there.
Glad to see to see you back Pop!
The He Man Woman Haters Club (Update)

The He-Man Woman Haters Club sounds like fun, but I'll only join if there are girls there.

Love to meet you there (I'm having Ray's Mistake withdrawls anyway) but can't make it by 6. Maybe later.

H

Well, it's been a while, anyone going?? I will be there with Q-tiki after 8.

I have Dodger tickets, I may drop by post-game, like we did two weeks ago.

It looks like I'll probably make it tonight.

Happy Sabu

H

Great see everyone there...Kirby???

I'll be there this Wednesday night around 8:00pm or maybe earlier. Anyone else up for good drinks and good times?

Sabu

I've been hankern' for the Ti, I've been sooooo out of it lately....I'll most likely be there this coming Wednesday.

Tiki Ti opens again this Wednesday after their annual Winter Vacation. I plan on being there around 7:00pm. Anyone else planning on going?

Sabu

P

Dare I say it? WOOHOO!

Tiki Ti reopens tonight. I am in great need of a Tiki Ti fix. Must have Ray's Mistake!

But, of course, I am swamped with work and have a major hard deadline TONIGHT! If I can get finsihed in time, I am heading straight from work to Tiki Ti. Otherwise, I guess it will have to be next week.

Damn...got loads of work to do....but I'm going to make a real effort on going there next wednesday. Have fun...I'll know I'm missing out!

Well, damn. I met my deadline, but I missed Tiki Ti. I can't tell you all how much I need a Ray's Mistake right now. Guess I'll have to settle for scotch.

Next week at Tiki Ti!

The return is upon us. February 8. 9ish. See y'all there!

-Weird Unc

I'm there.

H

I takes a trip back to my old town to see my fellow Bay Area tiki buddy, weirdunc! It just so happens that work is taking me to Los Angeles for a couple days this week, and you better believe we made sure to time it to include a Wednesday at Tiki-Ti. See you tomorrow night!

Reading about all of the fun get-togethers at the Tiki Ti is so sad for me... I hadn't been a regular reader of TC until quite recently (so I've missed all prior events), and my wife and I just moved to Chicago this fall! Bummer! There is no doubt that the Ti is the place we miss the most from our six years in Los Angeles.

I need a Ray's Mistake! See you Wed.

M

I will be there...

If anyone is in the area earlier than 9, I will be checking out Amoeba Records and Wacko before hand.

PM Me and I will provide you with my cell phone number.

I'm having dinner at Luna Park with friends tomorrow. I'll try to talk them into going to Tiki Ti afterwards.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Feb 8, 2006 2:20 PM

keep on the lookout for me too....

Damn...I'm going to make it to the Ti one of these days!!!! All work and no play...is making me a VERY dull girl.

Anyone observing the ritual tonight?

P

I might be there, but if so it will be later (ie, after 9).

Aloha, PiPhiRo,

I'll see you after 9, then.

Hi Everybody,

Mr cheeky half and I will be in town Wednesday, Feb. 8th through the 13th. Does anyone mind if we crash your weekly get together at the Ti? I am trying to sort through all of the tiki that the area has to offer in order to squeeze in as many places as possible, but being able to meet other tc'ers is really what makes it worth while.

cheeky half
http://www.velvetglass.com

P

Well, it may be kind of difficult for any of us to meet you there two weeks ago, but if you can make it out tonight there is usually sombody there on Wednesday night. Whether or not I make it depends, as usual, on how late I get off work. I am usually there later, like after 9 and sometimes 10.

Ooops my bad. Too many hours spent in those time travel forums. We'll be in town Wed March 8th through the 13th.

cheeky half
http://www.velvetglass.com

H

Hi everyone! Miles (kooche) will be doing the music at Tiki Ti tomorrow night 6-10pm. Q-tiki and I will be there, anyone else?

Sorry I don't mean to be rude, but what does this mean?
I heard they couldn't have live music at the Tiki Ti.

please help me understand,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2006-03-21 08:16, hiltiki wrote:
Hi everyone! Miles (kooche) will be doing the music at Tiki Ti tomorrow night 6-10pm. Q-tiki and I will be there, anyone else?

On 2006-03-21 22:35, bigtikidude wrote:
Sorry I don't mean to be rude, but what does this mean?
I heard they couldn't have live music at the Tiki Ti.

please help me understand,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2006-03-21 08:16, hiltiki wrote:

It means they'll have recorded music without dancing.

H

Well check the info he has posted the the Tiki Music Forum. See you all there.

OK so I haven't seen many posts here maybe it (- the posts-) moved?- Anyway I am hoping to make a visit to Tiki Tis weds eve June 21 (Skateboarding day) and wondering if anyone will be around. - I'm thinking later than opening time but am Uncertain of exact arrival time... so anyone gonna be around?
post or PM and we'll see whats up!
Thanks

P

I still go once in a while, but I rarely see any TC folk there anymore. I was there last week and had planned on going tonight but that was overcome by events and after 9:30 I am still at work, so... maybe next week.

On 2006-06-14 21:35, PiPhiRho wrote:
I still go once in a while, but I rarely see any TC folk there anymore. I was there last week and had planned on going tonight but that was overcome by events and after 9:30 I am still at work, so... maybe next week.

I was there last week too but was uncommonly stealth. Next time I'll make more noise. Toro, Toro, Toro!!

A
Al-ii posted on Thu, Jun 15, 2006 6:45 AM

OK Wed, Paul what time do you think you might get there? When Poly Pop gets back from Cancun, I'll ask him to come. Bleu you bringing Brini? Who else? I'll ask Kate.
Mahalo,
Al

On 2006-06-15 06:45, Al-ii wrote:
OK Wed, Paul what time do you think you might get there? When Poly Pop gets back from Cancun, I'll ask him to come. Bleu you bringing Brini? Who else? I'll ask Kate.
Mahalo,
Al

I'll be there. It'll be a fun start for a big Tiki weekend since I'm flying up to Portland the very next day for the NW Crawl!! I'll check with TikiBrini too.

soundin good Sounds Like 8pm is a target time WEDS but in my schedule I'm not positive. Could be ealier or later but not too much later - AND I'd rather it be earlier - I just don't know how my day will pan out. Regardless I'm there and hope to find ya'll!

If you want I can PM my digits or we can figure it out next week - I may not be near a computer after Monday eve....
fun fun!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies