Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Gman vs Wild - Page 1; Kotiate Warrior 183; BoatMan 184; Gman Lizard Dance 190; Screamer 193

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 2,950 replies

Wow Gman, that room is very impressive! Love the gator skin.

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Oct 18, 2007 3:43 PM

I got a package in the mail today, from the House of Buzz. Inside was the Gansta Ku and the Tiki-Guy Bling Bling pendant. This gear is no Joke. Time for the G to pimp this bling.......

Thanks Buzz!

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: GMAN 2007-10-23 02:59 ]

Man, those are nice! I need to get me one of those pendants. Very, very cool. I don't know how much gangsta you can get, especially with socks and flops!!

J

Nice work Buzzy!

Yeahhh Boyeeeeee!

R
Robin posted on Thu, Oct 18, 2007 6:21 PM

Pretty stylin' there G. Now I'm really jealous! So close and yet so far.

[ Edited by: Robin 2007-10-18 18:56 ]

You are one stylin' pig-whacker there GMan! And I gotta tell ya...Buzzy's tikis look even
better when they are posing with you. You could be the "official" model of Tiki Central
carvers.

S

Gman, whats the story are people just sending you tiki so you can
model them?

B

SCORE One for GMAN, SCORE One for the BUZZ. Excellent pieces there for shure.

H
hewey posted on Thu, Oct 18, 2007 8:00 PM

Wow, that man room is awesome with that rug! You seriously need to do a repaint in there though! A nice dark colour to get the atmosphere right me thinks. :D

Nice score with the Buzzy goods too, but what's with the flip flops and socks? :lol:

B

Damn...not another tiki guy! Your not a time traveler too are you?

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Oct 19, 2007 4:48 AM

Hey guys,

The clothes were a joke; the socks, the flips, the shirt. If I dressed like that I would have to kick my own a$$. I just wanted to play with the Tiki Guy pendant and he said "Tiki Guys" dressed like that. No, I am not a space traveler, but I do know one and he came and saw me yesterday, today. Yes, people are sending me tikis/carvings just so I can take pictures with them. It is a good gig.

As for painting the man-room dark; no way Jose. This is not a "tiki-room" like some folks home bars. I like primitive anthropomorphic sculpture not bars and stuff and lighter walls are best for viewing and displaying sculpture. My house is all designer painted/papered - I no mess with it.

G-bling

H
Heath posted on Fri, Oct 19, 2007 7:48 AM

On 2007-10-19 04:48, GMAN wrote:
Hey guys,

The clothes were a joke; the socks, the flips, the shirt.

G-bling

SURE!!

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Oct 19, 2007 10:30 AM

:lol:

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Oct 20, 2007 10:01 PM

Hey all,

The LCD light on my computer took a dump and I'm going to be off line for a bit until I can get this thing fixed or replaced. Those of you who know how to reach me are welcome to do do, just don't try by computer. I'm writing this with a flash light against my monitor while sitting in the dark; it sux. I hope this can be repaired.....

'till later,

G

G- I think it's time to put the arrows down and put the chisels back in your hands!!

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Oct 26, 2007 7:18 AM

Soon Grasshopper, soon. Until then, I'll be in the tall grass......waiting.

-G

J

On 2007-10-26 07:18, GMAN wrote:
Soon Grasshopper, soon. Until then, I'll be in the tall grass......waiting.

-G

Until then, we'll be on this side of the monitor.......waiting.

GMONEY in situ

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Oct 29, 2007 5:15 AM

That looks about right Jonesy! I have some interesting stories for ya.....

-G

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Nov 2, 2007 9:42 AM

carving this weekend.......stand by :D

it's about time!!!! JK :)

B

Is there ANY Work Going on over HERE?? Look what happens when I go away, Hammocks, Grape feeding frenzies and No Telling What else! Uh Hu, Um Hm I sEE how it is NOW Umm Humnnn! Oh gman???

J

On 2007-11-02 09:42, GMAN wrote:
carving this weekend.......stand by :D

Better take some pictures soon, light is fading fast!

BUSTED!!!!

S

The weekend has ended. How about some shots of chips on the floor.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Nov 5, 2007 5:39 AM

Hey Gents,

My jimmy-rigged computer has finally bit the dust. I am now computerless aside from my work machine - and I can't upload pics from here. Sorry. I'm shopping for a new machine but it may take a little time to get it, get it set up, and figure out how to bybass all the new whiz-bang stuff.

I mosty sanded and did some fine tuning on the big guy, so there wasn't much that pics would show anyway. Sorry.

-G

B

Well, Thats a booger, No computer means we can't see your stuff, get it fixed Soon!!

J

Sharpen the chisels, put gas in the saw, and get a new computer, we are missing your carvings.

T

On 2007-11-10 03:33, JohnnyP wrote:
Sharpen the chisels, put gas in the saw, and get a new computer, we are missing your carvings.

I agree, I want more... come on GMAN get fixed up so we can see you again. It's not the same here without your interesting perspectives & foot shots... Benzart tried but you still have the best feet evar!

Tikisgrl

G's puter is still busted but he said he just finished a Marquesan bone carving which is going to be awesome! Hopefully he can post it soon!

S

This rock star is missing his bigest fan.
Damit fix-it

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Nov 15, 2007 9:18 AM

Benzo, JohnnyP, TGrl, Freak, SS,

Helloha :D My machine, she is smoked. But I have ways of lurkin'. I hope to have another 'puter set up soon. I've been carving and have some wood and bone progress to show when I can post pics. Thanks for stopping by.

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: GMAN 2007-11-15 11:33 ]

B

I'm Hoping it is Sooner rather than Later, I'm Really missing your stuff GMAN! (sniff :( ...)

R

Yoooohoooo. I'm waiting too. Get that comp up and running as soon as possible please!

H

Get a mac this time--everything else is just a toy!

Looking forward to seeing wutchyabeenupto.

B

You REALLY Meant SMOKED Didn't you? Must have been a HOT file download :lol:

J

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Are you in a swamp in a canoe?
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
You have hunted an entire zoo!
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
You've been gone so long, we think you've been cought in Kudzu!
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Your dead computer means your fans miss you!

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Nov 19, 2007 2:54 PM

Ahoy! I got some computer pieces parts together and I am I have this thing held together with spit and a few hose clamps. I'm using pieces from my Pentium 1 machine from the mid 90's :lol:

Thanks for the birthday song Johnny! Nope, I was not in the bush, I was here carving and chillin'. I'm a big old 38 now....but I feel more like 90 - uughhh.

Here are some pics for you crazy catz. I missed you all too. I'm not sure how long this frankenputer will run so best hurry up.....

Here is some progress on the big "Maori-inspired figure." I have just started blocking in the surface carving and have a long way to go, but I'm sure you can see where I am heading.

-G$

Absolutely insane!! I love it! Great detail!

The detail on this guy's torso is slammin'.

S

G, that is insane you outdid yourself with this one.
Simply amazing work.

B

BEautiful stuff GMAN, you Sure don't like to make it Easy on yourself, Do You? The degree of Difficulty in this is unnerving, that cedar being so chippy and of course all the detail under the arms and hands where you can't reach with your chisils! SO HOW did you DO it? You Must have a Miniature helper like trained termites ??Huh? Spill it!
Much Respect sir!

T

Awesome! Thanks for coming back franken-puter & all! Love the carving so far... & thanks for the gratuitous shoe shot!

Tikisgrl

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Nov 19, 2007 5:55 PM

TikiFreak - Thanks, but I think I'm the one who's insane. What?...who said that?

Fballs - Slammin' aye? Let's hope I can keep going on him. Thanks.

SeekSurf - I dunno about outdoing myself; but I do try to keep moving forward. Thanks for looking.

Benz - Chippy? Don't you freaking know it! Talk about unnerving....the work on the Assassin was scary enough, this one has me walking on egg shells. Thanks for the respect :) As for the tight areas....I'm using the hook of course.....

Tikisgrl - I had the through the missing feetz shoe shot in there for you because I've been gone so long. Next floor shot will have feetz.

Here are a few pics of a Marq hair ornament I carved from a piece of deer leg bone. The bone is from a ten point buck that I harvested a few weeks ago. I cooked a big bone-in venison rump roast and then took the bone out and carved this little bugger. Happy happy.

-G

R
Robin posted on Mon, Nov 19, 2007 6:16 PM

Sure makes me think of the good old days
Happy Birthday to you
You sure grew outa your baby ways
Happy Birthday to you
29 years and we wish you many more
health and wealth and friends by the score
so cut the cake and let's east some more
Happy Birthday to you!

Really yummy work....soooooo glad you're back.

The new bone carving is really cool too, but the tang is still my favorite!! Take it easy on downloading though before you fry this setup!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 2950 replies