Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

How Should We Celebrate Tiki Central's 20th Anniversary?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 324 replies

Actually, there is a newer version !! It has Hidden Idol from Denver included....so much happening so fast, I was hoping to get these to print on postcards. I think Eric October’s artwork is freaking brilliantly amazing !!!!

If people like the artwork, maybe we can print some?? What do you think Tobunga?

What does everyone else think? Is there interest in printing some?

I actually think it would be a great T-shirt :)

On 2020-01-09 19:33, hanford_lemoore wrote:
You're welcome.

I just updated the pinned posts so their dates are 2040 instead of 2020.

Never thought I'd actually have to do that!

THANK YOU AGAIN for everything you have done.!!! It is wonderful to see your post :) I for one.... am very glad that you updated the pinned posts....I will look forward to another 20years of enjoyment on Tiki Central !!

[ Edited by: PineappleWhip 2020-01-09 21:55 ]

T

Tonga Hut L.A. anyone? We'll be there!

Here's the newest version of the poster!

I just tried an 11x17 colour printout of it - it looks great! I'll print a few to bring to Forbidden Island for people to grab and take home if they care to.

So jazzed for tomorrow!

So very cool the way PineappleWhip and all the others have pulled this together! I have to work Saturday night but I will be there electronically and in spirit.

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2020-01-10 14:10 ]

G

Thanks for the update poster image "Hope"....

(I have added it to my collection)

It looks Great and I am Jealous....

I wish I was a Wizard of Printing Production....

This is a Classic Poster....

Eric

BB

On 2020-01-06 11:01, PinTiki wrote:
We are planning to have all the parties connected via the Tiki Central Broadcasting System (TCBS) so we can all party together. Fingers crossed that it all works.

Is there some kind of stream available for those of us not near one of the participating party sites? I'd love to hop on tomorrow if I can.

Sadly....the software package for this, can not handle unlimited viewership.

The company does offer a package that can stream to unlimited viewers....it is...as you might guess, much more feature intense (more to learn for operation), ...and.... more money.

If people enjoy the concept, we (Tiki Central), can decide to expand upon the idea. Let’s talk about it for next time. Hopefully, when we can plan it out with more advance notice. Coordination between 5 bars across time time zones, with international guest appearances has been a fun challenge. We shall see how well everyone can impromptu put this together tomorrow :)

Cheers!! :drink:

BB

Ah, too bad. Rest assured I will be raising a glass tomorrow night regardless!

Edit: just thought about the possibility of Youtube livestreams, if that's an option...

[ Edited by: Bam Bam 2020-01-10 20:38 ]

Nice to see Hidden Idol joining the party

Hope all the celebrations go off without a hitch. Have fun everyone!

BB

Many Happy Returns, TCers! This song goes out to you.

T
G

As of 2:15 PDT, Full House, all seats taken, at FRANKIE's Tiki Bar Las Vegas !!

The Manna was strong with Live Band "Frank and Dean's"

Tiki Central Broadcast System was delightfully displayed on a Transparent Screen so both sides could be viewed....

Fantastic Show and Feed from TCBS !!

ERIC . . . =8-|<

• Let no man deny the force of TonRu-Tiki ! !
    • Seeking Island Life in the Las Vegas Lights...

[ Edited by: GianFU 2020-01-12 17:48 ]

Congratulations on a great event, thanks to all who pulled this together

Happy 20th from Australia!

We celebrated at The Atomic Grog with a Reverb Crash in Crazy Al's Ono Lono mug, created by Tiki Farm in 2003 and later featured at Forbidden Island and Trader Sam's. It paired nicely with The Book.

Okole maluna!

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Feb 4, 2020 10:03 PM

I don't want to steal PinTiki's thunder, but since I haven't seen anything posted here yet, I thought everyone would be interested that he is now offering 20th Anniversary umbrellas, coasters, and a pack also including the pin on his website:

https://pintiki.com/collections/tiki-central

Awesome, thanks for the notice! Do we know how limited these are? I guess my wife is on PinTiki's mailing list cuz I told her I was going to order these and she said they mentioned reissuing the Tiki Ti pins soon, so I'm hoping to wait til those hit before putting in my order.

EDIT: She saw a post on Instagram that two Tiki Ti pins are being released tonight, but are only being sold at Tiki Ti. That's a bummer.

[ Edited by: mikehooker 2020-02-05 12:06 ]

mikehooker,
I'm not sure if the Tiki-Ti pins will be on PinTiki website or not. I am going to Tiki-Ti today for their pin release. From what it sounded like on their FB....that any extras of the Tiki-Ti pins will be available online...which I think means Tiki-Ti's website.??????

SWEET, just ordered my anniversary pack :D

On 2020-02-05 12:06, PineappleWhip wrote:
mikehooker,
I'm not sure if the Tiki-Ti pins will be on PinTiki website or not. I am going to Tiki-Ti today for their pin release. From what it sounded like on their FB....that any extras of the Tiki-Ti pins will be available online...which I think means Tiki-Ti's website.??????

I made an edit to my post just as you posted your comment! I'm not sure if Tiki Ti will be selling them online. From the Instagram post it sounds like you have to purchase them there.

On 2020-02-05 12:08, mikehooker wrote:

On 2020-02-05 12:06, PineappleWhip wrote:
mikehooker,

I made an edit to my post just as you posted your comment! I'm not sure if Tiki Ti will be selling them online. From the Instagram post it sounds like you have to purchase them there.

No worries mikehooker. Yeah, I'm not sure all of the details, but, I will be there later today...and can find out.

T

Just placed mines order.

Thanks!!

P

Thanks Hamo for letting people know the TC 20th Anniversary merch is now available on https://pintiki.com/ ! Orders have started coming in, so pass the word so people can hands on pins, coaters and drink umbrellas.

Re: Tiki-Ti. Tonight is the Tiki-Ti pin release party at the Tiki-Ti. I created two new pins which will be available at the Tiki-Ti while supplies last and from their online store which is: https://shoptikiti.com/ I assume they will be available online soon.

P

In case you never got to see the animation created for Tiki Central's 20th, you can check it out here... Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/ho0R-EQkamo

T

Har! that is cool!

It needs it's own thread though so after some time people won't remember where it is.
Great job on that one.

How fun. Agree, it should be posted in a separate thread.

PinTiki,
MAHALO for uploading that on YouTube!!!!! Again, you’re work on the animation was SUPER cool !!!! Thank you for your work on everything !!

M

Hey PinTiki! Thanks so much for posting the animation for the TC 20th Celebration. You did a really great job and I saved it in my youtube account. Mahalo! :drink: :music:

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Feb 8, 2020 10:33 PM

Well, I was at Hidden Idol's party and somehow missed this, so thanks for sharing it, PinTiki.

Oh man the gift pack looks great, especially the pin. Get it now.
https://pintiki.com/collections/tiki-central/products/tiki-central-20th-anniversary-pack

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Feb 11, 2020 8:13 PM

The swizzle idea has been on my mind recently, so I'd like to revive a little discussion about it.

Here is CosmoReverb's great design, from the last time we talked about it a few months ago:

I've been thinking about Shecky's orientation--to use an unfortunate phrase. Specifically, what if he were "upside down" so that that either end of the swizzle could be used and it appear right side up in the glass? An example of what I mean is the Trader Sam's swizzle:

What's everyone's thought about that?

By the way, it is my (very limited) understanding that there are people (who are unknown to me) interested in funding the project. I am happy to throw in some money, too, if that will help.

T

That top one is close to perfect if you ask me.
But if a new idea comes up and is better then we will see.

Thought this idea was dead, hope to see some made of most any design.
I could help fund this too.

Heck you get your money back after a few weeks anyway.

Good luck!

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Feb 15, 2020 5:20 PM

Okay, I took CosmoReverb's design and made a VERY crude mockup to better illustrate what I mean:

Would your prefer a swizzle the way CosmoReverb originally designed it, or with Shecky oriented so that either end of the swizzle could be used, as shown here?

Hamo,
You make a very good point.....and you did a great job with the mock up. I gotta say......personally, I’m still more interested in the original version.

It would be neat to have Shecky standing up out of the drink....with the way you show......but, if there was chance to get these done, I doubt we would be able to do each version....so, I would pick the original. Just my thought.

If it got made either way, I would still definitely buy many ...happily :)

T

Just ordered my gift pack!

As for the swizzle design, my preference is for the original design with Tiki Central always up! But I would think the likelihood of these actually being made is dwindling now with the anniversary already having passed.

Would have been super cool to have had these already done and have anniversary nights at bars all around the country (or wherever there are numbers of TCers present to partake). :drink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 324 replies