Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

How Should We Celebrate Tiki Central's 20th Anniversary?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 324 replies

I am voting for option A

This post is to keep count of the vote for Pin/Pendant options:

OPTION A: 1

OPTION B: 0

OPTION C: 0

OPTION D: 0

OPTION E: 0

Option A.

My issue is that once you clip and file into the finish, you have compromised the base metal that these things are always made from,
and they WILL corrode.

If a second choice was to be had it would be B.

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Nov 18, 2019 10:43 PM

My first choice is A (and just like Sandbartender, if necessary my second choice would be B).

T

I say option A.

AND remember you can buy findings at say Hobby Lobby and put that loop on the back of the pin to make a pendant or ear rings.

T

Hey thanks to Mele_Ipo for helping, man what a shame the newbies are helping more than some very glaring LONG time Tiki Central people who are not.
And they make fun of my Capitol "I" whos self centered now?

Shane from Lounge Loot thanks for helping with this I think these will be the next Shecky and people a long time from now will be searching for them.

You know those collectables that were MADE to be RARE are many times not, it's that thing that commemorates a thing made for that purpose THAT"S the thing that becomes RARE.

Sill need help to get the Umbrellas made folks, put your money where your mouth is, damn that would put my money in the gutter, Ha!

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2019-11-19 03:38 ]

I have got some response from two others.!!!! THANK YOU!!!..I will post it soon...sorry folks....Work emergency...I will post more soon.

Tiki Central is coming together to make things happen !! :) Really cool to see

H
Heath posted on Tue, Nov 19, 2019 7:05 AM

I vote option B

UPDATE FOR THE PIN VOTING - I didn't think of accounting for 1st & 2nd choices...so, I have changed the format slightly...

This post is to update the count of the vote for Pin/Pendant options:

FIRST CHOICE ............ SECOND CHOICE

OPTION A: 4 ............ OPTION A: 0

OPTION B: 1 ............ OPTION B: 2

OPTION C: 0 ............ OPTION C: 0

OPTION D: 0 ............ OPTION D: 0

OPTION E: 0 ............ OPTION E: 0

H

I vote A.

UPDATE FOR THE UMBRELLAS

We have another UPDATE!!! This is awesome everyone!!

Thank you to CosmoReverb for the amazing design....and to everyone support to get the umbrellas started
The original price per the invoice is: $340.43.

Thanks to the following for investing to get this started:
Heath
PineappleWhip
Hakalugi
Tikiskip
Anonymous Investor
Mele_Ipo
Anonymous Investor
Anonymous Investor

Due to the efforts of these investors we have now raised $325.00 !!! .....only $15.43 more to go!!

It is great to see everyone coming together to actually create what was an idea just a bit ago. Thank you for helping to make this a reality. I will be keeping a spreadsheet of investors and percentages, and when PinTiki is available, I will request some of his time to discuss how to setup this item on his website....which, we should be thanking him as well !!

OK...I have instructed LoungeLoot to go ahead with manufacturing....so we can keep this moving.

[ Edited by: PineappleWhip 2019-11-19 18:18 ]

M

Great news on the funding for the umbrellas! I vote for option A.

Option A

UPDATE FOR THE PIN VOTING

• Format shows 1st & 2nd choices...due to requests

OPTION A: 7 ............ OPTION A: 0

OPTION B: 1 ............ OPTION B: 2

UPDATE FOR THE UMBRELLAS

The umbrellas have full investment capitol, and are in production!! These are an 8 week lead time....but, LoungeLoot said they will try their best to push the timeline shorter. THANK YOU LOUNGELOOT....for you help with these!!

We have another UPDATE!!! This is awesome everyone!!

Thank you to CosmoReverb for the amazing design....and to everyone support to get the umbrellas started
The original price per the invoice is: $340.43.

Thanks to the following for investing to get this started: You are all amazing!!!
Heath
PineappleWhip
Hakalugi
Tikiskip
Anonymous Investor
Mele_Ipo
Hamo
TabooDan

Due to the efforts of these investors we have now raised $340.00 !!! ....
WE HAVE FULL INVESTMENT !!!!

It is great to see everyone coming together to actually create what was an idea just a bit ago. Thank you for helping to make this a reality. I will be keeping a spreadsheet of investors and percentages, and when PinTiki is available, I will request some of his time to discuss how to setup this item on his website....which, we should be thanking him as well !!

**** LoungeLoot has started the manufacturing process!!! I’m sure when they get a chance, they can update with the Delivery Date!! ****

I would buy the pin but not the pendant.

P

Thanks PinappleWhip for posting the pictures while I was out of town and busy with work. Just wanted to put my vote in for A. I think the pendant is an interesting idea, but I’m not sure many people will actually wear it that way. I think a nice pin would be best. I designed it to be 1.5 inches but it would be fine as 1.75 inches too. Thanks everyone for helping with this worthy project! Mahalo

My first choice is Option A, with Option B as my second pick.

If I didn’t say this earlier, thanks to all involved in developing these special mementos!

OPTION A: 10 ............ OPTION A: 0

OPTION B: 1 ............ OPTION B: 3

REMINDER The voting will go until next Tuesday Nov 26th, at which time we will look at the numbers and make a decision what pin / pendant to make*** I am assuming that the decision will be which option has the highest number. ***

Wow, I've been away; looks like a lot has happened since I last checked in. Hard to read/see everything well on the tiny phone, but I'll catch up when I get back.

Thanks to everyone involved for all the work. I will throw a vote in for the smaller size pin rather than larger, but that's just me. And no problem if no pendent loop if most prefer not to have it. I'll just make it into a bracelet or something. Cheers!

Aloha bamalamalu,
So, I think your 1st choice would be one of the pendant options...but, I’m not sure which one. Then I’m not sure I know what you’re 2nd choice would be. There is still a while for voting, so, think about it....I’m not sure how to add to the count. :) Hope to hear from you soon.

A for the win... :lol:

OPTION A: 11 ............ OPTION A: 0

Thanks Beachbumz!! :lol: I have added your vote to the count above.

REMINDER The voting will go until next Tuesday Nov 26th, at which time we will look at the numbers and make a decision what pin / pendant to make*** I am assuming that the decision will be which option has the highest number. *** Do we need more time? Just asking ***

[ Edited by: PineappleWhip 2019-11-21 10:58 ]

"The voting will go until next Tuesday Nov 26th"

Just hope there are no commercials trying to get my vote we have enough of those on TV now.

Option A

Option D

OPTION A: 12 ............ OPTION A: 0

OPTION D: 1 ............ OPTION D: 0

REMINDER The voting will go until next Tuesday Nov 26th, at which time we will look at the numbers and make a decision what pin / pendant to make*** I am assuming that the decision will be which option has the highest number. *** Do we need more time? Just asking ***

Mahalo'z PineappleWhip!
I'd still like a Tiki Central t-shirt someday so hopefully at some point we could get a group together to make that happen.. :wink:

Aloha Beachbumz!! :)
I agree that would be great also. I remember reading on this thread about several people wanting a T-shirt. Actually someone mentioned a button down shirt as well...I think....if I remember correctly.

Yeah, ...I think like all of this....if the TC community wants to do something, we can get some designs / artwork submitted by whomever, and then we can all review it, and decide, and then take the next steps to manufacture :)

Like the pins....I am assuming that when we get a higher number for a certain design that we (being all of TC) choose that design....right? But, I think it really depends on the total numbers...for example...If we have 100 people want one design, and another 100 people wanting another design, then there is enough to support manufacturing both :)

Thanks for bringing up the T-shirt again Beachbumz. I also remember there was some discussion about stickers.

Cheers!! :drink:

On 2019-11-22 09:10, PineappleWhip wrote:
Aloha Beachbumz!! :)
I agree that would be great also. I remember reading on this thread about several people wanting a T-shirt. Actually someone mentioned a button down shirt as well...I think....if I remember correctly.

Yeah, ...I think like all of this....if the TC community wants to do something, we can get some designs / artwork submitted by whomever, and then we can all review it, and decide, and then take the next steps to manufacture :)

Like the pins....I am assuming that when we get a higher number for a certain design that we (being all of TC) choose that design....right? But, I think it really depends on the total numbers...for example...If we have 100 people want one design, and another 100 people wanting another design, then there is enough to support manufacturing both :)

Thanks for bringing up the T-shirt again Beachbumz. I also remember there was some discussion about stickers.

Cheers!! :drink:

Yea I don't really do pins and stickers are cool but a t-shirt is something I wear everyday and like promoting Tikicentral more than most other groups..
It pretty much got me hooked on Tiki many years back so I like to see how many others I can corrupt..:lol::lol::lol: :wink:

OK, I'm back. And to say I did my civic Tiki Central duty, I'll for vote for Option B first choice; second choice Option A.
Sounds like A is the overall winner, which is fine with me. Appreciate everyone's work!

The umbrellas look great. When the time comes, I can probably drop postcards off at the appropriate San Diego locations if no one else has signed up for that job.

Cheers!

Bamalamalu,
Thanks for adding your vote.!! I will add it to the totals.

PM me your address and I will send you cards!!

On Saturday a few of us went to the following places...all in one day !!
Oceanic Arts
Exotical Hawaiian Apparel
Purple Orchid
The Warehouse
The Galley
Lono
Tiki-Ti
Tiki No
Tonga Hut (LA)

It was a fun tour :)...and interesting to learn how many places and people have never heard of Tiki Central.

If anyone would like cards to pass out....I have some reserved for events, and then the rest will be for others who want to pass them out. Please PM me your address.

For voting for the pin design.....should we add more time?

I expected to see more votes, but, I’m not sure if this made its way to the Facebook people? Instagram people?

Who should decide when we close the voting? I threw a date out there in attempt to wrap this up before Thanksgiving holiday, when many of us will be busy.

PinTiki,
What do you think? Should we give more time for voting for the design......or...do we call it after the end of today as previously proposed?
The lead time for the pins is: 4 weeks. Not sure if things slow down during the holidays.

[ Edited by: PineappleWhip 2019-11-26 10:49 ]

Option A

OPTION A: 14 ............ OPTION A: 1

OPTION B: 2 ............ OPTION B: 4

This accounts for the last few: bamalamlu, danlovestikis, and Tiki-Atari (via PM)

REMINDER The voting will go until next Tuesday Nov 26th, at which time we will look at the numbers and make a decision what pin / pendant to make*** I am assuming that the decision will be which option has the highest number.

***** Do we need more time? Just asking *** **....what does everyone think? By using the 1st choice as a guide, that is 17 people voting. Is that a quorum?

[ Edited by: PineappleWhip 2019-11-26 21:08 ]

[ Edited by: PineappleWhip 2019-11-26 21:14 ]

T

"*** Do we need more time? Just asking *** ....what does everyone think? By using the 1st choice as a guide, that is 17 people voting. Is that a quorum?"

I would say no you gave the time line and it does not look like it will change much anyway.
So no if you ask me.

Man I too was surprised at how many people that work in a tiki like place and knew noting of Tiki Central?

THOSE are the places you want to hit these with get the newbies, would bet most of the people at Tiki Ti knew of TC.

But two things would help if new people do start coming to TC and that is...

1. Can they sign up and get registered now is that problem fixed?
  2. Have some great stuff for them to see many will just scan the first few things that catch their eye and move on if it's boring, pictures help with that.

Option A

On 2019-11-27 03:35, tikiskip wrote:
"*** Do we need more time? Just asking *** ....what does everyone think? By using the 1st choice as a guide, that is 17 people voting. Is that a quorum?"

I would say no you gave the time line and it does not look like it will change much anyway.
So no if you ask me.

Hear, hear.

This topic has been running for weeks and multiple pages. If people were going to vote they'd have done so by now.

Aloha all, just a quick update on the umbrellas. I'd like to send a huge thanks to everyone that pitched in time, labor, and cash to make these happen! They are currently in production.

In order to make them easier to distribute and make them even more of a collectible, I suggested to PineappleWhip that we also print header cards and package some of them just like we do for our custom parasols now. I'm attaching some example pics for reference. I would just need artwork and we can get these quickly as they have a very short lead time. To help make this happen, I'm willing to donate the header cards and poly bags, as well as pack them in 6 packs before sending them to PineappleWhip for final distribution.

So, unless you hate the idea of having them packaged, there's no action required on this (except by CosmoReverb for artwork help, sorry!).

Cheers!
Shane

OPTION A: 15 ............ OPTION A: 1

OPTION B: 2 ............ OPTION B: 4

Still counting.....Someone sent me a PM, and said they would like more time......so, a few days more? Till Saturday? If you know anyone that is interested.....now is the time to send them messages...if you haven’t already. This is up to everyone here!! I am just trying to help keep track of items....sooooo, till Saturday unless there is a need for more time!!??

REMINDER The voting will go until next Saturday Nov 30th, at which time we will look at the numbers and make a decision what pin / pendant to make*** I am assuming that the decision will be which option has the highest number.

***** Do we need more time? Just asking *** **....what does everyone think? By using the 1st choice as a guide, that is 18 people voting. Is that a quorum?

[ Edited by: PineappleWhip 2019-11-26 21:08 ]

[ Edited by: PineappleWhip 2019-11-26 21:14 ]

T

"In order to make them easier to distribute and make them even more of a collectible, I suggested to PineappleWhip that we also print header cards and package some of them just like we do for our custom parasols now"

That sounds great!
Hey those parasols you show there are cool!

How about offering a assortment pack with those in there too.

My personal feeling is that people have had weeks to chime in if they had an opinion so you should cut it at your original intended date and move forward accordingly. Besides, Option A seems to be the clear winner and I don't imagine one of the others getting so much support this late in the game to change that. Great job with organizing everything.

8T

As someone who has not been following this thread until now, I wish the umbrella info had been separated into it's own thread to avoid confusion and I think it deserved it's own thread. Anyhow, now that the decision is made, what will be the cost of a pin?

S

On 2019-11-29 09:07, 8FT Tiki wrote:
As someone who has not been following this thread until now, I wish the umbrella info had been separated into it's own thread to avoid confusion and I think it deserved it's own thread. Anyhow, now that the decision is made, what will be the cost of a pin?

Why would the info on the umbrellas require a separate thread considering they are a part of the discussion of having ephemera made for TC's 20th anniversary?

And i also would love to know how much the pins will cost each, just as much as i would like to know how much the umbrellas will cost, but it appears about 10 or so people have paid to have 500 made and they will divided up amongst those people and screw everyone else.

T

"their website price is $405 + shipping for 1,000 umbrellas."

PineappleWhip paid for the TC cards and shipping of all the cards himself, he paid over twelve dollars to ship the ones he sent me.
(100 Cards)

Glad he did, without him and people putting up money to get the umbrellas made there would have been most likely only people talking about what could be done and not doing what they can to make it happen.

Eric Octobers art for the TC card turned out great!
Great job Eric.

PineappleWhip did try super hard to get all involved and did a great job!

Without him doing all he has nothing would have got done at all as far as I can see.
Yes what PineappleWhip will get is a lot of time lost working on this and … The bill, yes he will lose money in this effort.

Please don't forget that and thank him.

On 2019-11-30 03:47, swizzle wrote:

On 2019-11-29 09:07, 8FT Tiki wrote:

Why would the info on the umbrellas require a separate thread considering they are a part of the discussion of having ephemera made for TC's 20th anniversary?

And i also would love to know how much the pins will cost each, just as much as i would like to know how much the umbrellas will cost, but it appears about 10 or so people have paid to have 500 made and they will divided up amongst those people and screw everyone else.

PinTiki has very generously offered to sell all of the TC20 items produced on his website. As was mentioned before, he stated that he will sell these items at near cost, and only wants a small amount for his time in packaging, and shipping items, and of course, everyone’s shipping cost would be individual to their location.

I have not seen PinTiki post on here for a bit, I imagine he is on vacation for Thanksgiving?? I’m not sure.

I think the exact cost of the pin depends on getting the design finalized. I had received a PM from someone that said they didn’t think there was enough time for the voting. I asked the forum if that time should be extended till today. There were a few people that responded that the voting period should be closed.

If everyone agrees that there has been enough time for voting, and everyone also agrees that the largest number of votes is the winner, then we can post on here that result with attention to PinTiki, and then he can get pricing on the pin. Again...Is everyone in agreement??

In regards to the umbrella, I will clarify.....The umbrellas will then be sold on PinTiki’s website ....***So, these will be available for everyone to purchase....as was the original idea. ****

The people investing in the umbrellas were helping with capitol investment money, so that one person does not share the burden of cost. These investors will get their seed money back after the umbrellas are sold.

I will now try to get back outside to hang more Christmas lights and remember that the holiday season is upon us....and while Thanksgiving was a typically only USA celebration, that during this time, many people are celebrating the holiday season in some form or fashion....and that as people spend more time embracing the good will during this time.....that things may not go as quickly as we all wish....and patience may need to be remembered. :) I’m sure that PinTiki will be posting again as soon as we decide what pin to make!!! :)

M

Aloha, Thank you to all of you that have worked hard thus far on this project. I think the group has allowed enough time for voting on the pins and should close the vote. Adding the 4 days didn't change the vote much anyway. Its time to move forward for the next item. Again thanks to all who took time out of their busy schedules participate. Enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend! :music: :D :drink:

I'd agree that waiting longer for votes doesn't seem necessary. Anyone who is interested in Tiki Central products probably would have visited the site recently enough to have seen this. The topic has been at the top of the forum for months.

Shane, sorry I missed saying Hello to you at Tiki Trader yesterday. I spotted your booth at one point but got distracted and somehow never made it back over.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 324 replies