Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

How Should We Celebrate Tiki Central's 20th Anniversary?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 324 replies

P

Hey guys,

I’m back from my thanksgiving trip and have been catching up with the thread here. It looks like the voting results are pretty clear and the regular pin is the popular option. With the holidays coming up, we are getting close on time to get the pin produced so I would like to go ahead and get the pin into production. It takes a month to get a new pin produced. We want them to be ready by the anniversary celebration. Unless there is a big objection, I will get the pin into production this week.

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. Mahalo!

Welcome back PinTiki :)
I hope you're vacation was a good one!! There were about 6 people that agreed we should proceed. Thanks for your post, and we will all look forward to when you get more info regarding an exact price.

Mahalo !!!

On 2019-11-21 23:29, Beachbumz wrote:
Mahalo'z PineappleWhip!
I'd still like a Tiki Central t-shirt someday so hopefully at some point we could get a group together to make that happen.. :wink:

So, Beachbumz, brought up the T-shirt idea again....which, there is probably several people that would want a T-shirt. Something to consider is that PinTiki does sell T-shirts on his website. I believe he said in previous conversations, that these are print on demand, which is great, then nobody has to stock inventory. So, if people want to do T-shirts, maybe we can bug PinTiki about T-shirts also?

...OR....

If anybody else wants to do T-shirts, and has ideas about this...there is a lot of options:
where to go to print them, styles (men's, women's styles?), brands, died fabric...or...silkscreened, color of fabric, the design....if they are print on demand....maybe a few designs?? Lots to talk about with this subject. To a previous point made.....should this be in a separate thread? or continue here?

On 2019-12-02 08:56, PineappleWhip wrote:

If anybody else wants to do T-shirts, and has ideas about this...there is a lot of options:
where to go to print them, styles (men's, women's styles?), brands, died fabric...or...silkscreened, color of fabric, the design....if they are print on demand....maybe a few designs?? Lots to talk about with this subject. To a previous point made.....should this be in a separate thread? or continue here?

If I had a vote I'd say shoot for Print On Demand. My personal favorite place to use is Teepublic.
https://www.teepublic.com/

GREAT options on shirt colors/styles/sizing as well as the ability to produce other stuff like mugs or phone cases.

All we need is for the person/people who own the art to get it uploaded.

And multiple designs can be uploaded as well

I just spoke with Hanford and we'll be working together to get out some t-shirts and hoodies, etc with the original logo. They will be made available on Amazon so that anyone can get them. I'll keep you all posted with links when they are all done!

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Dec 3, 2019 6:55 PM

Adrian! Great to see you back on TC, and thanks for working with Hanford on a contribution for the anniversary!

P

I'm putting in the pin order tonight so we have them in time for the event. We could still use some artwork for backing cards. Maybe it would be good to use the artwork Adrian is putting together for the shirts/hoodies? Backing cards don't have as long a lead-time to produce as the pins, but it would be nice to have that decided and in the works before the holidays hit us. I will talk with Adrian and see what he has in mind.

It's great to see more things coming together! This should a fun one.

T

Great news PolynesianPop!

At least I know the shirts will come in my wife's size.
Can't wait to see em.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Dec 4, 2019 7:54 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TC!!

On 2019-12-03 17:23, PolynesianPop wrote:
I just spoke with Hanford and we'll be working together to get out some t-shirts and hoodies, etc with the original logo. They will be made available on Amazon so that anyone can get them. I'll keep you all posted with links when they are all done!

Cool!!!

This is absolutely Cool !!! This is awesome !! :) :)

So, Beachbumz, it looks like T-shirts, will be available....and, I am super excited to see.

Happy Birthday TC indeed!!!!

J
Jetson posted on Thu, Dec 5, 2019 7:23 PM

Just tuning in here! So in all, there are postcards, umbrellas, and a pin? Wish I had thought to check in before, I would have gladly help with costs, but look forward to purchasing the products of everyone's hard work.

...AND....most exciting is that Andrian and Hanford are going to do T-shirts, hoodies, possibly other items :)!!

If you make something, I'll tell a friend so he can take it until I visit the US

Wonderful News. I will need one of each for sure. Wendy

P

The pins are done and were shipped yesterday so they should be here soon! Excited that things are coming together. Here's a sample pic from the factory so you can see what they look like (OK, it's not the greatest picture, but I thought you guys would like to see it anyway).

Mele Malikimaka!

WOW!!! That looks awesome. I think the picture is great. Shows exactly what the pins looks like. Thanks for posting the pic PinTiki. Can’t wait for them to arrive!! :)

Glad for all the connections and experiences this forum has provided me over the years.
Happy it has lasted 20 years!!

They look amazing!

T

On 2019-12-24 12:14, Monkeyman wrote:
Glad for all the connections and experiences this forum has provided me over the years.
Happy it has lasted 20 years!!

Wait, Its a ghost of Christmas Past?
Welcome back.

The pin looks great!

M

Hey the pin looks great! I can't wait to add it to my collection. Looks like the 2020 celebration is coming together. Good job everyone! Mele Kalikimaka! :music: 8)

Pintiki,

It was nice meeting you at the marketplace early this month. The pin looks great, how does one purchase it?

DC

P

Nice meeting you too! I will have them available on the PinTiki.com website around the time of the anniversary. We are talking about trying to put together an anniversary pack with other items as well. Hopefully details will be ironed out soon. We will keep you posted as we get closer to the date.

Mahalo!
Todd (PinTiki)

Looks great. A package of Tiki Central celebration goodies sounds wonderful. Wendy

S

On 2019-12-26 19:12, PinTiki wrote:

We are talking about trying to put together an anniversary pack with other items as well.

Mahalo!
Todd (PinTiki)

Is that the same pack that i first talked about months ago and kept repeating should have been done but was completely ignored?

H
Hamo posted on Sun, Dec 29, 2019 12:14 PM

Well, swiz, if a pack of TC anniversary stuff is happened, you must not have been completely ignored....

T
P

In case you haven't seen it, the TC 20th Party at Forbidden Island has it's Evenbrite page up and live. I'm planning on being at The Tonga Hut. Where are you gonna celebrate?

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tiki-central-20th-anniversary-celebration-tickets-88064207415

A

Apparently not being celebrated at a bar near me, so I guess at home. Hrumph!

M

Aloha! Woo hoo! I love the look of the flyer. It looks amazing. I am so excited to attend the event at Tonga Hut. I am so looking forward to trying the signature drink. Thanks for all the hard work of everyone involved putting this celebration together. :drink: :music: :tiki: Mahalo! :wink:

I'd say we could have one at my house, Arriano, but I'm sure your new home bar is better!
Maybe the few of us should get together (us, Treg....Buzzy, Cammo??)

Unfortunately I'm probably busy until at least mid-afternoon that day, but I'm sure I'll be up for at least a drink at home.

Exciting. I'm happy to hear there will be a celebration that folks can attend (even if it's thousands of kilometers away). Also happy to see the merch. I didn't read the whole thread ('cause: time) but I'm wondering if there will be a package of merch we can purchase in one place?

P

Yes, we will be putting together a package of merch which will be available on http://www.pintiki.com shortly after the party. We will post here when it's available.

P

Here's info on the party at Frankie's Tiki Room. We will be partying at the Tonga Hut, but there are simultaneous parties at Frankie's Tiki Room (Las Vegas), Forbidden Island (SF Bay Area), Tiki Cat (Kansas City), Hidden Idol (Denver) and more! We are planning to have all the parties connected via the Tiki Central Broadcasting System (TCBS) so we can all party together. Fingers crossed that it all works.

K

Tonga Hut got on the announcement as well - I'd love to actually meet some TC people, because I have only met...3? Loki Tiki, Treg, and John O. Pretty small number considering I'm on this site 2-3x a day. :( I'll see if I can make it.
EDIT: Ugh n/m, wife works a night shift so I'm home w/the fam.

Follow me on Instagram
http://www.instagram.com/keithkocka

[ Edited by: kkocka 2020-01-06 11:45 ]

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Jan 6, 2020 4:42 PM

If it weren’t for TC there would not have been a Hukilau. It all came together here with members.

I’ll toast on Sunday!

Forbidden Island was created by TCers for TCers and many TCers were involved in it's creation, including (co-owner) Martiki, Bamboo Ben, Tiki Diablo, Jungle Trader, Hanford, Humuhumu and many more!. Plus co-creator Mig was on staff for a few months. We'er proud and excited to host the NorCal celebration! If you're in NorCal, please join us. Only 50 tickets will be sold for this event! Available now on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tiki-central-20th-anniversary-celebration-tickets-88064207415

UB

On 2020-01-06 21:57, Molokai Mike wrote:
Forbidden Island was created by TCers for TCers and many TCers were involved in it's creation, including (co-owner) Martiki, Bamboo Ben, Tiki Diablo, Jungle Trader, Hanford, Humuhumu and many more!. Plus co-creator Mig was on staff for a few months. We'er proud and excited to host the NorCal celebration! If you're in NorCal, please join us. Only 50 tickets will be sold for this event! Available now on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tiki-central-20th-anniversary-celebration-tickets-88064207415

I would die to be at this event, but the Tiki cards don't line up.
You know I love ya Mike, but 2:00 to 5:00 pm?
Come On Man!

PinTiki wrote:
We are planning to have all the parties connected via the Tiki Central Broadcasting System (TCBS) so we can all party together.

What? I don't even?!? How do I connect to TCBS?!?!?!?

B

On 2020-01-03 11:54, PinTiki wrote:
In case you haven't seen it, the TC 20th Party at Forbidden Island has it's Evenbrite page up and live. I'm planning on being at The Tonga Hut. Where are you gonna celebrate?

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tiki-central-20th-anniversary-celebration-tickets-88064207415

Pins look great!
Looks like I'll be missing any of the celebrations as well.. :(

B

On 2020-01-06 16:42, Swanky wrote:
If it weren’t for TC there would not have been a Hukilau. It all came together here with members.

I’ll toast on Sunday!

Don't think the tiki revival wouldn't be close to what is now either if it wasn't for TC! :wink:

T

Hey I just saw your TC20a master star thing by your name PineappleWhip, Cool!
And well deserved!

Do you think a you tube video could be made and posted for history sake?

Hello tikiskip,
Yes, I think a YouTube video could be created. I think it would be fun to see what pics, vids, etc can be compiled :)

Tikiskip,
Truthfully, there is a lot of people that have contributed (including yourself!) to the 20yr Anniversary. It is amazing all the people that have combined talents to work together in such a short time.

Thank You Hanford for such a wonderful creation.!!!! And Thank You Tiki Central Ohana for the amazing 20 years of resources, connections to people, fun, and Tiki goodness!!!! :) I can’t wait to see what the future will bring from Tiki Central.

HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY TIKI CENTRAL

Cheers!! :drink:

You're welcome.

I just updated the pinned posts so their dates are 2040 instead of 2020.

Never thought I'd actually have to do that!

G
GianFU posted on Thu, Jan 9, 2020 8:38 PM

Based on the Cool Posterwork I have seen.... I am going to have to Slide on down to FRANKIE's TIKI ROOM.....

I don't drink often, but when I do, it's in a Tiki Room !!

ERIC . . . =8-|<

• Let no man deny the force of TonRu-Tiki ! !
    • Seeking Island Life in the Las Vegas Lights...

[ Edited by: GianFU 2020-01-09 20:49 ]

[ Edited by: GianFU 2020-01-10 13:25 ]

G
GianFU posted on Thu, Jan 9, 2020 8:58 PM

Hmmmmm.... I will definitely be at Frankie's Tiki Room....

I would love to steal a poster like this from off the wall....
(If Only Someone would print some !!)

ERIC . . . =8-|<

• Let no man deny the force of TonRu-Tiki ! !
    • Seeking Island Life in the Las Vegas Lights...

[ Edited by: GianFU 2020-01-09 21:49 ]

On 2020-01-06 11:43, kkocka wrote:
Tonga Hut got on the announcement as well - I'd love to actually meet some TC people, because I have only met...3? Loki Tiki, Treg, and John O. Pretty small number considering I'm on this site 2-3x a day. :( I'll see if I can make it.
EDIT: Ugh n/m, wife works a night shift so I'm home w/the fam.

Follow me on Instagram
http://www.instagram.com/keithkocka

[ Edited by: kkocka 2020-01-06 11:45 ]

Let's see, only met 3...Loki, Treg, John-O...

Ouch, that stings just a little bit, good sir.. :)

kevin

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 324 replies