Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Official Tiki Oasis 11 thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 644 replies

Aloha,

I've got a friend who has had a change in plans and is now free to attend Tiki Oasis. I'm in search of a basic weekender (thur-sat) wristband for him. If you have an extra one, can you PM me?

Edit: Given the reply below that there will be some wristbands for sale on Thursday night, I'll just plan to pick one up for my friend then.

Mahalo!

kevin

--
if it's not a little complicated, it's probably not worth it.
http://twitter.com/heylownine

[ Edited by: heylownine 2011-08-15 18:39 ]

G

Will the vending area be open to the public on Sunday? I might have some friends showing up for Sunday.

Let me know.

Thanks

B

the countdown is on!

I have not even thought about packing yet...but super excited to see old friends and make new ones this year!

a couple answers to questions...

we always have a handful of tickets for sale Thursday night.

yes the vending area is public on Sunday please tell your friends to come on over!!

XO Baby Doe

Mas Tiki Que La Chingada!

[ Edited by: Tiki Mysterioso 2011-08-16 07:49 ]

On 2011-08-15 15:08, babydoe wrote:

we always have a handful of tickets for sale Thursday night.

XO Baby Doe

Great, thanks for the confirmation! I'll edit my previous post asking about a wristband and buy my extra wristband on Thursday night.

kevin

O
Otto posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2011 7:02 PM

POOL VIEW ROOMS!!

Hey revelers! Anyone want to upgrade from a regular room to a pool view room?
A couple of em just opened up from someone who upgraded to a lanai suite

Please PM me if you are interested

CJ

I'm not going to make it this year but is curios on what bosko, tiki dialo, and squid have in store for us.

FRIDAY NIGHT & SATURDAY NIGHT BALCONY POOL ROOM AVAILABLE!
If you are interested call me at 707-479-7533. I have a suite for those nights since I'm hosting a room party with FORBIDDEN ISLAND TIKI BAR and have been trying to unload this awesome pool view w/ balcony room. If you or some pals want it together (or if you want it alone), message me or preferably, CALL ME!

LET ME KNOW ASAP! Thanks, Everyone! Make sure to check out the two room parties I'm hosting!

Any carpools leaving the Los Angeles area by the 5 & 710 freeways on Thursday? I was taking the train, but carpools are just much more fun!

I am happy to say that I will be attending this year's Oasis. I will join fellow Tiik-sters Shag and Derek Yaniger at the M-Modern booth/lanai/room on Saturday from 11:00 to 1:00 p.m., signing and selling these works of mine (left to right):

The TIKI ARCHEOLOGY DVD, for 20.- bucks, still the most comprehensive documentary on Tiki culture out there:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=34772&forum=12&start=0
After just selling some here on TC, I will bring my last 10 units to sell at the table (not selling anymore here now!)

The Big Book of TIKI MODERN, filled with close to 700 images (NOT just Witco, but over half of them showing yummy Polynesian Pop eye candy!) Now officially out of print, I will be selling new copies for 50.- bucks, considerably less than the 75.- (and that's just for the "used") it costs on Amazon now:

http://www.amazon.com/Tiki-Modern-Sven-Kirsten/dp/3822847178/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-2177967-7992626?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187109154&sr=1-1

...and my latest publication, the SOUND OF TIKI Exotica CD. In essence the "Lost Chapter" of the Book of Tiki, every title on this CD relates to Tiki culture, as explained and illustrated in a gorgeous 50 page booklet done in the style of the BOT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxX-Sfu-I_0
This is an import and will cost ya 25.- bucks (which you won't regret!)

See you there (and please help me with your names!) :)

CA

no Way!?? Big Bro at another T.O.!??? Nice!!

check out my earrings ladies... and gents? at the Taboo Island Mall!

"One Night Only - First Time Ever" by Hawaiian artist Emily Tweedie

Do not miss the debut performance of Tiki Joe's Ocean, headlining Thursday at the Bali Hai Restaurant

The lineup for Tiki Joe's Ocean includes:

Drums- Dave "Squid" Cohen
Vibraphone- Mark Riddle
Guitars- Alika Lyman
Bass- Fred Ubaldo jr.
Percussion- Nelson Ortiz
Flute- Cudra Clover
Vocals- Natalie Duryea
Keyboards, etc - Andy Nazzal

with supercool guest...the 1 and only Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!

Hope to see you there...
Aloha~!
-Andy

TM

They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I think everyone on this forum knows better.

Long live Tikiyaki! The ORIGINAL.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 16, 2011 1:43 PM

If you can't say something nice.....

Preach On Brother Lucas!!!
I hear ya,

Jeff Btd

On 2011-08-16 13:26, lucas vigor wrote:
They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I think everyone on this forum knows better.

BV

I'm not sure we will get a chance to roam the halls. We will be in hell!
Come meet the RUM BUM ACTION FIGURES IN PERSON!!

Ally, Dee, Ron, Mike and Vic will be there serving you hellish booze. See if you can tell who is who.
Tiki Hell!
Room 1749

V

bigbrotiki - that CD looks amazing!

I'll definitely escape from my booth to grab one - Can't wait to meet you!

Henrik

V

In case some folks missed it, I posted photos of all the VanTiki offerings for this year's Oasis in the Gallery:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40927&forum=21&0

less than 3 days away! Can't wait to get on that plane!

Mahalo,
Henrik "VanTiki"

Does anyone think that there would be a Tiki'd out trailer like this one at the car show???

R

I'm so excited for this Oasis!!!!!

Yeah, I'm definitely going to have to pick up the DVD (I have the VHS and highly recommend it) and I Have GOT to have the cd!

I'm just showin' up for the donkey rides.

See you at the Oasis!

I'm the ambassador for Montanya Rum from Colorado and we're making cocktails in the Ding Dong Devlis suite Friday and Saturday night. I'm looking to hire one or two bartenders. Pay is $12 an hour plus tips, hours are Friday and Saturday 10pm-2am. The menu is simple - there will be four Montanya rum cocktails served, no setup or cleanup required. Contact me at [email protected]

CA

SEE THEM AT TIKI OASIS! @ Taboo Island Mall! Bid with smart phone!?

ONLY TWO AVAILABLE of THREE! in Delfts Helder Violet!!

EBAY SUNDAY!
Crazy Al Ape - Tiki Skull,1of3 Glaze 2Tone! 2 available
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110730336359&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Crazy Al Ape - Tiki Skull 2of3 Glaze 2Tone! 2 available
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110730338102&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

other Super Custom Mugs and the usual Tikimania stuff....@ Taboo Island.

they start them young on Baseball in Mexico.... and send them to NY? send them to the T.O Stage!! see ya there in hours!!!

HT

I am going shopping at TABOO ISLAND MALL to get my unique hand made Tiki items

Any of you Tiki Geeks gonna be at Oasis with a poolside balcony room and a webcam?

wanna be famous?

email me at [email protected]

M
mp posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2011 1:52 PM

Aloha everyone!!!
Im totally stoked to be head'n to Tiki Oasis tomorrow morning!

I will be in the artist alley with a small batch of Square Bobs and "Tall Boy"
Square Bob mugs. All of them are artist proofs with no two alike and also some carved
Frank mugs and carved Irwin mugs as well.

As I am still waiting on the last batch in the kiln so theres
not a lot of final photos but here are some preview glaze shots before goin in.

"Tall Boy Square Bob"

One of a kind Irwin mugs

Carved up frank

Tijuana black velvet frame inspired Frank the mug

Family of Bobs gettin painted up

One of kind Blue Square Bob

All first come, first served at the artist alley on Saturday
morning. Theres only a small batch so come by early and
get a Bob, Tall Bob, Frank or Irwin. Or just come by to say hey!
See ya down there, MP

M

Hello, I have an extra hotel room at Crown Plaza for Tiki Oasis. Check in Friday, Aug 19, Out Monday Aug 22 (check out can be changed).
If you would like to transfer this room to your name, please contact me. [email protected].

Thank you.
Darla
http://www.mybabyjo.com

A

Are the tickets on sale at the Bali Hai or somewhere else tomorrow? I have a mate who forgot to get one....

HT

Van Tiki will be at Oasis on Friday, be sure to go by his booth and say HI. See you on friday Henrik and wife.Welcome to California.

MP art in the house!

O
Otto posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2011 10:08 PM

Hey, don't bag on Tikiyaki for imitating Martin Denny!!

I say there can never be too many bands playing Exotica music!

Aloha!

Sorry I can not attend this year. The above scan is of Mariachi at the Ikilai in 1967ish...

On 2011-08-17 22:08, Otto wrote:

Hey, don't bag on Tikiyaki for imitating Martin Denny!!

I say there can never be too many bands playing Exotica music!

HEY ! I learned everything I know from the Captain and Tennile, Gene Simmons, and Grand Funk Railroad....Martin Denny had nothing to do with it.

Jim,
Of You and Marty Lush,
Which one is Capt. and which one is Tennile?

Jeff(btd)

On 2011-08-07 22:51, bigtikidude wrote:
Have you invented or bastardized a drink to fit the theme of Tiki Oasis 11
this year? Theme being "South of the Border"

go here to discuss and post pics and recipes
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40858&forum=10&0

bump,
and introducing the "Dirty Sanchez" drink towards the bottom of the thread.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2011-08-18 00:06 ]

Psssst..kid! Wanna buy a hot ticket?

BUYING OR SELLING TIKI OASIS TICKETS?

EventBrite is managing our ticket sales this year and as of this date TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.

To pick up your tickets, you must bring a copy of your receipt or confirmation email and matching ID.
Our registration team has been trained to match the purchaser's name with the name on the ID.
This will help us to get you your wristbands quickly so you can join the party!

and...
We understand that some people have tickets they don't need
and other people want tickets they don't have.

so...
IN ORDER TO PICK UP A TICKET THAT WAS PURCHASED BY SOMEONE ELSE:

SELLER must forward a copy of the receipt or confirmation email to the BUYER and add to the body of the email, the BUYER'S NAME AND ADDRESS as appears on the BUYERS ID.

BUYER must bring a copy of that email showing the SELLERS NAME and BUYERS NAME and present ID .

As Tiki Oasis grows, we're doing everything we can to make sure registration goes smoothly.
Mahalo for your cooperation!

Tiki Oasis Staff

Hello friends!

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to thins weekend. :)
I've been MIA for a long time, trying to manage/launch/re-direct my art career, paying the bills and adjusting to married life!
I have seriously missed you all!

I was so excited to participate in this years art show, and I want to share the finished pieces with you:

"Yellow Bird"
Acrylic on Black Velvet in kick-ass burnished gold frame. ~ $250
Inspired by the beautiful Exotica tune, with flavors of Calypso and Haitian roots dating back to 1893.
It first became a minor hit for the Mills Brothers in 1959, (and a great album cover) with it's most popular incarnation; a Hawaiian instrumental version by Arthur Lyman, in 1961. Chris Isaak also does a beautiful version on his album Baja Sessions.

"Blood and Sand"
I'm not gonna lie. . . Inspired first by the delicious cocktail. :) As you may know, there are two famous origin versions of this drink-One with Scotch and one with Tequila.
I am a fan of both and will not take sides!
It was created and named after the 1922 movie 'Blood and Sand' starring Rudolf Valentino. (Adapted from the 1909 Spanish novel 'Sangre y Arena' by Vicente Blasco Ibáñez.) There is also a beautiful Technicolor version starring Rita Hayworth and Tyrone Power done in 1941.

*Both Images inspired by Rita Hayworth, being of Spanish origins herself!

Hope you like them.
I sure enjoyed creating them, and hope to do more in the future. :)
I am also accepting commissions for a limited time, so hit me up on TC, or even better, grab me this weekend at Tiki Oasis!

Mahalo and Viva Atomica!
~ Suzy
Atomikitty

Incredible art. Can't wait to see them in person.

In need of another basic weekender pass. Anyone have extra they would like to sell? I've got my fingers crossed.

Got my inflatable Corona bottles & parrots, and a big stack of Jimmy Buffet CDs! Tiki Oasis, here we come!

TM

On 2011-08-18 02:01, atomikitty wrote:
Hello friends!

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to thins weekend. :)
I've been MIA for a long time, trying to manage/launch/re-direct my art career, paying the bills and adjusting to married life!
I have seriously missed you all!

I was so excited to participate in this years art show, and I want to share the finished pieces with you:

"Yellow Bird"
Inspired by the beautiful Exotica tune, with flavors of Calypso and Haitian roots dating back to 1893.
It first became a minor hit for the Mills Brothers in 1959, (and a great album cover) with it's most popular incarnation; a Hawaiian instrumental version by Arthur Lyman, in 1961. Chris Isaak also does a beautiful version on his album Baja Sessions.

"Blood and Sand"
I'm not gonna lie. . . Inspired first by the delicious cocktail. :) As you may know, there are two famous origin versions of this drink-One with Scotch and one with Tequila.
I am a fan of both and will not take sides!
It was created and named after the 1922 movie 'Blood and Sand' starring Rudolf Valentino. (Adapted from the 1909 Spanish novel 'Sangre y Arena' by Vicente Blasco Ibáñez.) There is also a beautiful Technicolor version starring Rita Hayworth and Tyrone Power done in 1941.

*Both Images inspired by Rita Hayworth, being of Spanish origins herself!

Hope you like them.
I sure enjoyed creating them, and hope to do more in the future. :)
I am also accepting commissions for a limited time, so hit me up on TC, or even better, grab me this weekend at Tiki Oasis!

Mahalo and Viva Atomica!
~ Suzy
Atomikitty

Good stuff!

Interestingly, very few people know that Rita Hayworth is of Spanish descent. There are not many of us, of course. Some that people find suprising are Geri Hallowell (Spice Girls), Charlie Sheen (of course), Alfred Molina, Kat Von D, Lynda carter, Cameron Diaz, Dorothy Lamour, Alana Ubach, Raquel Welch, Jerry Garcia and Lucas Vigor. My dad was born there.

On 2011-08-18 01:21, Hukilau Brown wrote:
Psssst..kid! Wanna buy a hot ticket?

BUYING OR SELLING TIKI OASIS TICKETS?

EventBrite is managing our ticket sales this year and as of this date TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.

To pick up your tickets, you must bring a copy of your receipt or confirmation email and matching ID.
Our registration team has been trained to match the purchaser's name with the name on the ID.
This will help us to get you your wristbands quickly so you can join the party!

and...
We understand that some people have tickets they don't need
and other people want tickets they don't have.

so...
IN ORDER TO PICK UP A TICKET THAT WAS PURCHASED BY SOMEONE ELSE:

SELLER must forward a copy of the receipt or confirmation email to the BUYER and add to the body of the email, the BUYER'S NAME AND ADDRESS as appears on the BUYERS ID.

BUYER must bring a copy of that email showing the SELLERS NAME and BUYERS NAME and present ID .

As Tiki Oasis grows, we're doing everything we can to make sure registration goes smoothly.
Mahalo for your cooperation!

Tiki Oasis Staff

A day late and a dollar short !This information should have been posted days ago .
It would have saved alot of grief and hassle for alot people !

Hola a todos! Mi nombre es Enrique.

Este fin de semana no dejes de visitar TIKIDERIA FREAKBERTO'S. Oh, las cosas que usted debe ver a mis amigos ...

Este año tenemos el orgullo de función MUNKTIKI Fiestaware! Sólo las mejores tazas y para bar de los gringos del MUNKTIKI. Ellos son sin duda los hombres locos. Un padre y su hijo, de Portland.

También vendemos Aves hermosas de Cerámica!
Sarapes de colores y ponchos! Sombreros guapo!
Auténtica Mexicana Bajas encapuchados
Cabezas Reducidas y aterradora de la selva del Amazonas!

(oh, Dios mío, se me olvidaba, por el precio correcto que también le mostrará una imagen de la hermana de Red!).

Por favor, busque en nuestro stand al lado del escenario principal junto a la piscina. Nos vemos en San Diego!

TM

Estante agradable!!!!!!!!!

Es muy bonita grande chi chis !

Notch, and friends, setting up RaKu! --the NEW KuBar!
Up and running friday night! Awesome job Notch!!

`work and such are preventing me from making it, hope everyone has a blast! Here is my burro for the benefit show, "Tijuana Zonkey El Ron Runner", mixing the tradition started in the 40's the zebra striped painted donkey for tourist photos, with the border crossin goal of pickin up Cuban produced contraband such as Havana Club, Matuselum Cuban, and Bacardi Cuban made Black. Burro comes with serving station glasses and a bottle of Havana Club Anejo Especial. Viva EL Zonkey!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 644 replies