Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 5 May 17-19th 2013 Palm Springs,Ca

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 478 replies

On 2013-01-14 19:32, Tiki-ESP wrote:
Thus, why you had the pool all to yourselves...
But now that the "secret" is out....

Not quite to themselves, I had the room right by the gate to the small pool. I wonder if I can get it again? :)

On 2013-01-14 16:52, belinda wrote:
will the price increase as a result of the upgrade?
& most importantly, are doggies still allowed?
oh- & will the 2nd smaller pool still be there? (our room last yr was right in front of the back small pool & it was always empty!)

The prices for the room's in the second building will increase $7 a night,so $14 dollars for a Fri/Sat stay. The Hotel has changed there pricing and Palm Springs Hotels are still selling well in May,so my leverage has lost some ground.

They are still Dog friendly (Smaller Dog's) a $20 fee per night to have a Dog)
After I give you a room number you just need to contact them and let them know you are bringing the dog.

Don't tell everyone about the Quite Village Pool. Anyone with an active room key can use that pool to get away from the crowd.

If you had a room in building 2 or 3 you will be getting an email from me in the next couple of days to lock-in your same room or move to building 1 if possible.

I hope that answers your questions,

Thanks

W

T

Too late secret is out on the "quiet" pool.

It will now be known as the "not-so-quiet" pool.

or "the pool formerly known as the quiet pool"

T

1st Rule of the Quiet Pool club:
Don't talk about the quiet pool club. :)

Sunday at Sundown
Finish up your Caliente weekend with our closing act

Sunday May 19th 2013 at 4:30p.m.

Everyone in the Pool

The Smokin Menehunes

Follow up on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiki-Caliente/146928035319755?bookmark_t=page

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2013-01-17 08:42 ]

B

damn me to hell!
sorry secret pool attendees...
i never woulda thought that noone knew about it..

T

Quiet Pool Club rule no. 2:

Keep it secret. Keep it safe.

:)

TM

On 2013-01-17 09:33, Tiki-ESP wrote:
Quiet Pool Club rule no. 2:

Keep it secret. Keep it safe.

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Guy's please stop telling people about this secret pool (Shown Here)

Thank You,

That is my pool as well as the Daybed by the main pool, so don't even think about it!

On 2013-01-17 14:43, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
That is my pool as well as the Daybed by the main pool, so don't even think about it!

excuse me, I think you mean MY pool. You can have the daybed though.

Well then, the only way to settle this is......Rochambeau!!!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103724/rochambeau

My bed! Though I guess I could spare some room... Ugh, will I have to talk to you? That may be a deal breaker.

On 2013-01-17 15:04, Buttercup wrote:

My bed! Though I guess I could spare some room... Ugh, will I have to talk to you? That may be a deal breaker.

I have warned all the ladies not to fall in love with me, But the heart wants, what the heart wants.....

Considering the small pool is practically in my hotel room, yes! Or it could get very awkward.

On 2013-01-17 15:03, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Well then, the only way to settle this is......Rochambeau!!!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103724/rochambeau

you can kick my nuts but only if you promise to pick them up and put them back in their bowl when you're done.

On 2013-01-17 15:07, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

I have warned all the ladies not to fall in love with me, But the heart wants, what the heart wants.....

This heart is set on rum and fun. Sorry not enough to spread the love your way.

It's not a party without "NUTS"!

On 2013-01-17 15:17, Buttercup wrote:

On 2013-01-17 15:07, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

This heart is set on rum and fun. Sorry not enough to spread the love your way.

As you wish......

T

Rory -

Now that the secret is out. Its time to create new revenue by creating a PayPal for poolside bed usage. You can thank me later by getting me some drinks, or just giving me the bed usage all weekend.

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-01-17 16:00 ]

Rochambeau!!!

B

our ground level room was also right in front of pool! it was awewsome napping in the sun in quiet-ness with empty chairs & lounges galore.
oh well, i hope everyone forgets about it come may..

B

senor wildsville??
are refunds available if cancellations are unavoidable?

The Refund policy is the same every year with Tiki Caliente.

If you cancel your reservation you will get a refund of the total minus 15.00 for handling fee's/paperwork fee's. Usually within 24 hours if I am by my P.C.

NO refunds within 72 hours of the event unless I can get the room covered by someone else.

I hope that helps.

W

P.S. another photo of the secret pool.

B

thanks for the info..
damn i hope my pool stays isolated! whats next, a bar's gonna open up next to it??

On 2013-01-18 09:02, belinda wrote:
thanks for the info..
damn i hope my pool stays isolated! whats next, a bar's gonna open up next to it??

Great idea Belinda!! Rory, can this happen?

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-01-18 10:11 ]

On 2013-01-18 10:09, Tiki-ESP wrote:

On 2013-01-18 09:02, belinda wrote:
thanks for the info..

Great idea Belinda!! Rory, can this happen?

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-01-18 10:11 ]

I don't believe we will be serving drinks or serving food on that side. I like to contain most of the action on the main pool side.
You should be able to hear the live music and D.J. from that side and hear any updates from the P.A.system also.
Anyone will a room key can use this pool to chill out and get away from the action of the main party area.

A security guy will be walking it to check for wristbands to make sure you are part of the Caliente Crew,so we don't get stragglers.

Please remember that the pool use if for people with wristbands ONLY and that after 7p.m. Only people with wristbands allowed on grounds.

W

Thee Swank Bastards have just signed on to do this Tiki Caliente thingymabbob. We have also agreed to try and be a bit more loungey than we usually are. Let's see how well that turns out. As soon as we get a poster with our name on it you will see it here. Love you all and I can't wait to drink your rum.

Tiki Caliente will be kicked off with the swankiest guy's i know.

Tiki Caliente brings you

General Public sales begin Feb 2nd.

T

Did a scouting trip this past weekend to PS, and must say from year's past the venue formerly known as Travelodge, now "The Curve", has been nicely upgraded. Poolside furnishings upgraded (as seen in Rory's photos), the lobby/cafe has been upgraded and were told that they are working on a cafe license so the coffee shop should be in place by TC. Didn't get a peek into the rooms but from what was seen on the outside, I'd presume they've done some upgrades interior wise also. Looking forward to seeing you all in May!

And yes the "Quite Pool" club area looks nice too.

12 steps to being a Wildsvilleman:
#1 Pith Helmet
#2 - Change clothes every hour
#3 - Deadpan Randy "Macho Man" Savage impersonations. OOOOHHHH YEA!!
#4- The ability to consume 5 Bali-Hai Mai-Tais and still walk...
#5 Get yourself a pair of Elvis sunglasses.
#6 Mention the imaginary "girlfriend" who doesn't attend any of the events and no one has ever met
#7: entertain guests with ukelele and singing!
STILL MISSING 5 MORE STEPS*

Extra rule:
1st Rule of the Quiet Pool club:
Don't talk about the quiet pool club

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-01-22 13:47 ]

A couple of us wandered over there during the Taboo event late last year and most of the remodel was done by that point. The one thing that stood out for me were the new low-walls outside of the lower rooms which were used for vending in the past. It seems like those will cramp the walking space through there once vendors get setup.

Just added to Saturday's lineup (May 18th)

The Ding Dong Devils
playing the hit song "Tiki Caliente"

Thats Right,we have a theme song

W

C
cy posted on Wed, Jan 23, 2013 11:00 AM

#8. Line up a smokin' hot collection of tiki music talent.

[ Edited by: cy 2013-01-23 11:11 ]

On 2013-01-22 13:48, PolynesianPop wrote:
A couple of us wandered over there during the Taboo event late last year and most of the remodel was done by that point. The one thing that stood out for me were the new low-walls outside of the lower rooms which were used for vending in the past. It seems like those will cramp the walking space through there once vendors get setup.

Here is picture of those walls. Only the first 3 rooms have those walls and that is were I will be vending from this year. I don't think it will effect it too much because it doesn't stick out any farther then the wall of plants they have in front of the other vendor rooms spot's. But if it bottlenecks traffic in front of the Official Tiki Caliente Vendor spot I guess I will make the best of it :}

W

Looks like a nice place to set my drink as I buy something...

An Update on the base of the Official Tiki Caliente 5 Mug by Doug Horne/John Mulder

We will start the Pre-Sale on March 2nd. These Mug's will be LIMITED in numbers.
We will only create as many mug's as we pre-sell,plus a number to have on hand at the event.
The pre-sale price will be less then the event sale price.

please check out our new store at

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

and get your hands on some of our limited Tiki Caliente 4 inventory.

Nice teaZer pic of the mug...

MH

I think I am going to kick and scream and start throwing my temper tantrum now. Because I REALLY want to go to this, but...we can't. :( We're moving shortly after that weekend and we need to save the money. ARG!! I hate being a responsible adult sometimes.

Go anyway!!!
If it will help, I'll buy you a round of drinks...

Jon

Update:

24 HOURS till OnSite Room/Wristband sales begin

at

http://www.tiki-caliente.com

MARCH 2nd we will

Sell of site room packages with Wristbands/Hotel Rooms next door

and

Individual Single Wristband Deposits

and

Deposit's on our Official TC5 Mug

We will only create as many mug's as we pre-sell plus some for on site sale and my general private stock.

We will only pre-sell the mug's for 5 weeks to celebrate year 5 and keep the numbers down

new update on the base with more detail.

W

On 2013-01-23 10:52, Wildsville man wrote:
Just added to Saturday's lineup (May 18th)

The Ding Dong Devils
playing the hit song "Tiki Caliente"

Thats Right,we have a theme song

W

Awesome! Guess I'd better bring my Suffering Bastard and Rob Roy fixin's.

kevin

Are you in?

Now on Sale

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/

IN...

T

IN like Flynn!

Z
zond2 posted on Sat, Feb 2, 2013 7:13 PM

We're in!

On 2013-02-02 09:59, Wildsville man wrote:
Are you in?