Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 5 May 17-19th 2013 Palm Springs,Ca

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 478 replies

T

Always looking forward to this event Rory. Balcony decor is almost done, and word is THE Mr. Caliente will be there in the flesh!

Getting pumped! :D

Thu
May 16
99°
67°
Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

Fri
May 17
99°
68°
Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

Sat
May 18
100°
67°
Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

But I believe it has.

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2013-05-09 07:36 ]

If you are interested in getting a lower number Official Pendant by Tiki Ray/Doug Horne you can pre-buy one at the address below via paypal. Only 60 made.
FOR PICK-UP ONLY
$20 each or 2 for $35
[email protected]

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2013-05-09 12:01 ]

T

These pendants are for attendees only and are for pick up at the event . Please do not send money unless you will be there . If I have any left I will announce it later . Mahalos

T

On 2013-05-09 13:16, chrisandsarahb wrote:
Are you in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FnLX2RlbUU

OOOOHHHHH YEA!! Can watch this all day...well maybe not all day. Can it just be next week now?

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-05-09 13:34 ]

Thanks Doug for another great flyer

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2013-05-09 20:01 ]

T

So this is the new bassist? :)

On 2013-05-09 20:13, Tiki-ESP wrote:
So this is the new bassist? :)

Yes we had to let Tony go because he didn't have "The Look" we were going for.
BUt I am sure this girl can learn the bass with in a week.

W

T

Or...Tony has gotten some serious work done as of late. :P

Sales End on Tuesday 5/14 for
*Add on dates of Thursday or Sunday
*Saturday Only Wristband
*Weekend Wristband Pass
*Off Site Hotel package
*Official Mug Pre-Sale (Pick-up Only)
*Official Poster Pre-Sale (Pick-up Only)

This is also the last day to cancel any orders of Hotel/wristband packages or Wristband Sales.

Sales at: http://tiki-caliente.com/info/

Why would anyone want to cancel?! All you need to know is to get in on the action, because its going to be HOT!

The Hotel Released to me the last 4 rooms that were held for American Airlines Employees. So we now have the full Hotel.
If you need a room or You have Wristbands already and want to stay at the Hotel contact me at:

[email protected]

Double Queens Only

Friday and Saturday Rates with 2 wristbands will be $350
Friday and Saturday Rates if you have 2 wristbands already will be $265

You must inform me of what name the wristbands are under to add to the room.

W

you know you don't want to miss out on the action.

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2013-05-10 16:27 ]

T

That looks like some exciting "action"

Hi there, new to Tiki Caliente (and technically my first post here on Tiki Central). I was hoping to make it down to TC though we might just keep it a day trip, we'd be coming from LA and schedules are up in the air. I was wondering if the wristband was a requirement for general admission since it sounded like it was more of a premium pass type deal. If one has no wristband we still have access to the grounds correct? Apologies for such a newbie question but I want to make extra sure

[ Edited by: Cargo Cult Leader 2013-05-11 01:29 ]

I will see if I can help, Saturday & Sunday afternoon market place is open to the general public
and you don't need wrist bands to attend, after 6pm (Rory will correct this if I am wrong)
you need a wrist band for the Parties & music.

ATP Hit it on the head. The grounds are open to the public from 10a.m. to 6p.m. to enjoy the vendors/Dee Jay/Afternoon live band/B.B.Q/Tropical Drinks.
We would love to have you down in Palm Springs to support our vendors and enjoy a quick getaway.

Without the wristband you just can not join in on the room parties,taste testings,pool use and will not be allowed to be on grounds after 7p.m. for the headliners or late night shows.

I hope that helps,

W

And you know you have to see.........

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2013-05-11 06:48 ]

Saw this today :)

Did you buy it?
If so, bring it, I'll play it.

Jeff btd

Whoops, double post.

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2013-05-11 16:45 ]

BTD- yep
Playin it now
Looks like new
I'll bring :)

Jon

cool deal!

Jeff(btd)

T

Don't forget to crash the secret pool!

Sweet, thank for answering my questions. One more about the marketplace, are most vendors cash only?

While I really really should be saving money right now I'm always on the hunt for rare tiki mugs, if anyone here is planning to be a vendor I'd love to know about your wares!

T

On 2013-05-12 06:59, Cargo Cult Leader wrote:
Sweet, thank for answering my questions. One more about the marketplace, are most vendors cash only?

While I really really should be saving money right now I'm always on the hunt for rare tiki mugs, if anyone here is planning to be a vendor I'd love to know about your wares!

Not all vendors are cash only, some do take card, but having cash on hand would be most prudent if you are looking for wares. Also, not all vendors post all of their wares, so there will be more than likely a chance to find something of interest.

Check this post for vendors at TC5, its under the Tiki Marketplace line:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=45134&forum=12&35

Hope that helps.

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-05-12 07:37 ]

Please Remember that Monday is the last day to Cancel reservations with any kind of refund.

But why would you want to miss this?

we also have 2 rooms on grounds that just opened up so reach out to

[email protected] if you are interested in a last minute vacation

B

On 2013-05-11 20:01, Tiki-ESP wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!
please leave us some chaises please!
i know i'd do the same thing, but i hate when people leave their towels on the chaises to mark their spot starting at 6 a.m! goddamn aint you too hungover to do that,people?

[ Edited by: belinda 2013-05-12 20:36 ]

On 2013-05-12 20:35, belinda wrote:

i know i'd do the same thing, but i hate when people leave their towels on the chaises to mark their spot starting at 6 a.m! goddamn aint you too hungover to do that,people?

We at Tiki Caliente don't allow the whole towel thing. If I see a bunch of towels first thing in the morning with no one sitting on them,they will be placed in a pile.
The first rule of Tiki Caliente is show respect to one another,Rule 2 is you don't tell people about the secret pool.

W

Yes!!!!!!!!!! Next weekend. Be seeing you guys there. :D

B

On 2013-05-12 21:05, Wildsville man wrote:

We at Tiki Caliente don't allow the whole towel thing. If I see a bunch of towels first thing in the morning with no one sitting on them,they will be placed in a pile.
The first rule of Tiki Caliente is show respect to one another,Rule 2 is you don't tell people about the secret pool.

W

-------------yes ! R E S P E C T !
thanks wildsville--- you really gonna be up that early??

On 2013-05-12 21:59, belinda wrote:

On 2013-05-12 21:05, Wildsville man wrote:

W

I am usually the first one up and the last one to bed.
Maybe not the last one to bed this year. I tend to loose my voice and over talk and under sleep during Caliente. Since it turned into a 4 day weekend I need to pace a little better.

But there are worse problems to have.

W

-------------yes ! R E S P E C T !
thanks wildsville--- you really gonna be up that early??

I'm sorry for talking about the secret pool.. OH man i just talked about the secret pool again...Oh crap...this could be a long post.

It has already been established that the domain of the Pool which name shall not be spoken
belongs to the winner of a "Roshambo" contest, it has been this way since before time immemorial
and shall be now, I have spoken....bla bla bla & kneel before Zod!

3 more days...

T

ATP - You gave away the unmentionable containment of liquid location's secret password - Kneel Before Zod!

Now we will have to change it to "swordfish"

DAMMIT I just gave it out...I didn't like "swordfish" anyways.

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-05-13 08:43 ]

Since it will most likely be very hot for Caliente I recommend using Emergen-C Electro Mix packets to help stay hydrated. You just add it to water so it's easier to carry than a case of Gatorade. You can buy it at Target and it's even made in Orange County!

Will it mix with rum? :D

On 2013-05-13 11:06, MadDogMike wrote:
Will it mix with rum? :D

It's not strongly flavored, so maybe? It's a good morning after drink. :drink:

Lori is right, drink a lot of liquids.....with your booze.

ATP is right, drink a lot of booze with your liquid

Jon is right....about that other stuff.....being right.....right?

A Quick Heads Up on Pick-up of Wristbands and Mug's.

If You are staying at the Curve the front desk will hand you your wristbands when you check-in.Including Thursday. You will also need to fill out a liability waiver form for the Event.

We will have someone behind the main desk with an employee of the hotel to give you your Mug if you Pre-Payed for it. (Starting Friday at 11a.m.) This includes people who purchased the mug and are staying off site.

If you purchased a weekend wristband you can pick it up at the front desk anytime after 11a.m. on Friday. Or you can see me on Thursday.

If you are staying at the over-flow hotel the Royal Sun,they will have your wristbands at check-in at that hotel.

Please bring your paperwork to make it a quick transaction.

Thanks for your time,
Rory

T

Rory -

What time is the hotel's official check-in time?

AHHHHHH! Its the secret word of the day!

Our Sponsor Shag will also be releasing a print this weekend in Palm Springs at the Store. He will also have the print for sale on grounds at the CURVE in there vending spot. But if you want to make a run to the store for some Daiquiris and Devil Egg's hurry your butt back because the Martini Kings and Sonny Moon will be playing at the same time.

Here is the Print and the information:

It's our third anniversary!!!

Join us this Saturday night, 5/18/13 from 7-9:30pm for the release of our new store exclusive print "Daiquiris and Deviled Eggs"!

This 11 color serigraph print will be sold at a special price the evening of the event so we hope so see many of your faces there!

SHAG aka Josh Agle will (of course) be on hand with a sharpie ready to sign prints and meet guests.
Come by and see the man behind the art!

In honor of the new print and our third year, we will be serving... you guessed it... daiquiris and deviled eggs!

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2013-05-13 18:54 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 478 replies