Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Should Tiki Central be stripped of any hawaiiana discussions?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 223 replies

L

On 2009-01-24 15:54, Toshi wrote:

On 2009-01-24 15:48, bigbrotiki wrote:

On 2009-01-24 15:46, Toshi wrote:

On 2009-01-23 09:10, Cammo wrote:

The 30 year Tiki Era is interesting, but the 10,000 years of native arts, dancing, and the cultures that inspired it are far more fascinating...

I totally agree with this statement, it's a reason I don't really care for the tiki pop culture and all these rules of what people think should or should not be tiki.

Why do you come here and post here, then?

Simple, I like polynesian culture and tikis, is that good enough for you? Or do I need to write a book to have an opinion?

Sorry but I don't need people telling me what kind of music I need to listen to or what kind of drinks I need to drink for it to be considered tiki, I'm more interested in the culture and could care less about the pop culture to it.

It always amazes me when a subject like this comes up and BigBro just supplies knowledge and insight on the matter just to be helpful and to provide information/history and people get all snippy with him. lame

As for me the day I sign in here to post and someone deems my post not tiki because I include souvenirs from Hawaii in my Tiki FInds is the day I stop reading TC all together.

I like to use these forums as a means for escape, to be inspired, to learn and to pretty much absorb information from the various people who like to post and share it. I do not want to be a part of something that has a select group of people speaking for the forum members as a whole deeming topics and threads "not tiki enough" to be included on TC. that would be super lame.

I'm with Ken- can we get this thread in a "threads on cd" version so I can listen to it on the way to Forbidden Island???? Might inspire me to drink one too many zombies and well, there ain't nothing bad about that!!

That was my 2 cents. :)

K
KuKu posted on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 5:38 PM
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.