Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

BeezleBug Mugs (Pg. 14: Paintings)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 203 replies

New mug - Bamboo Tumbler -

[ Edited by: BeezleBug 2012-11-27 18:35 ]

B

Happy new year, everyone.

Back on the Tiki bandwagon. Had to divert my kiln last month for a big batch of Christmas presents.

First mug of 2013 - happy to finally get a classic translucent glaze without bubbles or roughness:

T

Looks great! Thanks for posting all of the glaze and mold info, too!

Thanks. This site is an awesome resource for Tiki crafts, and it's fun to share all the trials and tribulations us clay-slingers go through.

New cup/mug based on a bowl from the NY Museum of Natural History. Not sure of the exact origin, so I don't have a name for him yet...

I love shell eyes. You pulled it off. You could have been an artist in a past life if we had those. Wendy

Who knows, maybe I was in PNG in the 1700s carving chunks of wood while shirking other village duties :wink:

Finally, something out of the kiln...it was getting dusty...

G
GROG posted on Sat, Mar 30, 2013 5:40 PM

Do you put color glaze on the inside of your mugs or do you just put clear?

Two happy lookin dudes...

Very nice Beezle, good to see ya "cookin'" again!

B

Oh my, there I go again, disappearing for a couple of years without posting to Tiki Central.

I haven't made a mug in ages. However, I have been painting like a mad man for the last few months. Alas, most of the paintings have nothing to do with Tiki. Still, I managed to produce a couple of Tiki-ish works. Here they are...

"Rum Fairy"

"Woman with Xylophone"

And, how 'bout some pirates...why not...

"Pirate Plot"

These are all for sale. Message me if you're interested.

[ Edited by: BeezleBug 2015-06-07 20:03 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 203 replies