Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki Diablo carves for OA !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 170 replies

Bumpity bump bump... :) Coontiki! On de way!

V

Wow man, your work is phenominal! I can't wait to learn some of that chisel technique in Tennesee.

Vegas project on page 1

P

this place is in vegas? is it open yet? are the drinks good?

S

That outrigger light is da bomb! Once again you re-invent the classics!

Thanks for the bum BK. Yes this bar is open and am not sure about the drinks, Did manage to have a beer witha the owner at Henneseys though. Thanks Swank. COON TIKI!

B

Incredible work Diablo. You have come a long way in a short period of time! I believe it was 6 yrs ago when I was down in Oceanside checking out Bamboo 2 U for the first time and you were walking in. We talked for a few and you were just blown away by all the tikis. I remember you saying that you wanted to start carving and quit your job.....now look...you are one of the best artist north of the equator! Keep it up bro!
You gonna set up at Tiki Oasis in May?

From a Venice carver,
Beachnik

beautiful work danny, it looks like you outdid yourself. Can't wait to check it out.

Swanks right about the light - totally killer! don't you have one at the other mickey finz too?
You're on top of the game! keep it rollin'!!!!

MD

Finally theres something to do in Vegas besides swim, drink, eat, gamble, go to shows, drink, eat, make babies, ride roller coasters, ck. out pros, shop, eat, drink, get married, ck. out museums, nurse hangovers, go dancing, get drunk, eat.

Now I can collect tiki lights and get drunk in the same place!!!!!

The Diablo in Sin City....what could be more natural?

Great work Danny....Just beautiful.

I spotted that place while driving by the other day on the way home from skulking around the Neon Graveyard, and was hoping it was some kind of tiki-style place. I had no idea it was co-birthed by one of our own modern-day tiki-carving legends! Let's hope this one sticks around and spawns a new trend in Vegas! Hawaiians are moving here in droves. It's justa matter of time...!

I checked out this place in Vegas - very Cool! We just missed each other at Oceanic Arts in Los Angeles - Bob Van Oosting said you had been in an hour before I got there and he was really bummed that we didnt get to meet each other. But I am glad that I got to check out some of your stuff. Maybe we can catch up on my next trip - or if you get a chance to come over to Australia drop me a line.

Marcus, still in town? If so call me, maybe the Tiki Ti sat night.

Marcus, still in town? If so call me, maybe the Tiki Ti sat night. My ph # is on my website.

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2006-04-28 22:21 ]

T

Hey Danny - don't know how I missed this before, but it's very cool. The style is great! It's encouraging to see that someone is making a living at this thing we call tiki. If ever in the Washington DC area, you better gimme a call.

gap

GAP wassup? You have to talk to that store about their name.

Sorry I am back home in OZ - had a great trip though and maybe we can catch up next time I am over. Hoping to do a trip late next year.

new stuff for y'all on page one.

S

I heard you did some sort of pendant... :wink:

On 2006-05-18 10:01, Tiki Diablo wrote:

Great suff as always Danny!

Geez, that little fella could keep Magnum in business.
Must never let my girlfriend meet him.

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-05-21 04:27 ]

Danny,

I saw that place in Redondo, next door to Hennessey's. I was wondering who made those ultra-cool lamps. I shoulda known.

Sabu

Danny-
I dig on your work. You got mad skillz!!! Your new Tiki's and the shadow box are freakin cool.
Later,
Spermy

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2006-05-18 20:30 ]

Hmmm...let me take a look...yeah...I'm gonna have to say that's gonna run "player", player.

Awesome !!!!! Dig that Red glaze and sparkly shimmer on the outside.

Where is all this new stuff listed?

On 2006-05-19 14:56, aikiman44 wrote:
Where is all this new stuff listed?

On 2006-05-18 10:01, Tiki Diablo wrote:

Check page one...

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-05-21 04:30 ]

Page one of the thread? It's dated 2003. I know, I'm thick.

You can edit a post in a thread, after doing so the original post date will remain at the top, with an edited note at the very bottom of the post.

It lets you see the most recent edit time and date, like this:

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2006-05-21 08:47 ]

Got it. Great stuff.

On 2003-10-22 14:05, Tiki Diablo wrote:

A tiki I carved for the Forbidden Island (8" tall)

Only 8 inches tall? What incredible detail work! :D

Beautiful work on everything shown, as always!

T

Here is a place I just finished up in Vegas. Fremont and Vegas blvd called Mickie Finnz and is next to Henneseys Tavern.

Hi Tiki Diablo - I just got back from Vegas and saw your stuff at Finnz. It's still there in good shape - the carves on the doors look very nice up close. One eye in the moai is burned out tho.

Nice work!

TG

Hukilau!

Wow, I had no idea that you did all of these wonderful tikis and decorative items. You are so very talented. We love your mugs and thought that was the extent of your items out there. Kohalacharms told us that you have two drum mugs for sale that are really good. I went to your web page and couldn't find them. Can you post photos? Save one of each for me in case this starts an onslaught. Wendy

Oa has a new tiki

Oa asked me to carve them a tiki a while ago. I had the honor to do this and get paid? I think this has been one of the coolest things that has happended to me as an artist and carver. Bob said it will be kept at the entrance by their waterfall !

Right on!!!

K
kirby posted on Mon, Mar 19, 2007 9:04 PM

I love this guy...good goin dude..I look forward to seein this guy at OA ...

Danny, out of all the Marqs I've seen done by you this one is the tops. They all have the classic "Diablo look" but I can tell the passion involved with this one and knowing it was going to OA. Precise cuts and super crisp lines.

Looks about 6 or 7 foot? Gotta be heavy.

Super nice work man, one to be proud of... and one for Bob and Leroy to be proud of.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 19, 2007 10:09 PM

Way to go Diablo Dude! That looks great. GROG like.

Over 8 feet baby! Thanks fellas!

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2007-03-20 08:22 ]

Wow!
Going to Oceanic Arts already is a treat! This Marquesan is the icing on the Cake!
Beautious!!!!

beautiful Marq, Danny! Front and center at OA! NICE!!!!!

Outstanding. I'm overcome with admiration and desire!

T

In front on OA. Everyone is going to be asking about it and OA is going to be having to tell everyone your work number. You're going to be working like the devil, even more so.

S

Cool beans. I'll get to see it in person in May. You know, I have not seen any of your full carvings in person. Can't wait. Great to get recognized for your craft by the best!

Very nice Danny Love the Color of the Wood .

Mad props out to DannyG... "Top Chops Hits the Marq!"
What an honor to be showcased at Oceanic Arts, BRAVO!!! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

S

Congratulations Danny, That is quite an honor, and you are very deserving.

-S

N

That's one Bad Mutha F#*%@R!!!! CONGRATS DANNY...

TB

Congratulations Danny, nice work!

TBird

Pages: 1 2 3 4 170 replies