Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki Diablo carves for OA !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 170 replies

Haven't posted a pic of my work in a while, so here it is on pg 1 ./ This piece was done back in July for the Age of Aquarius show at Copro Nason.

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2004-10-11 14:17 ]

B

Good to see you put some pix up tct. It was good to finally meet you as short as it was.
See ya next year.

The Tiki Ricardo is cool. A musical work of art. The harder you beat the drum, the more you can feel the air come out of the Tiki mouth! Great stuff Diablo!

bro youre stuff is so on da money its jus krazy!! it's art like this that keeps me wanting to make tikis forever man. wish i wasnt drunk when i met you this hukilau and talked to ya more what da hell i hope to see you in youre coast soon. keep kickin' tiki ass , Jaksin

Coo Coo folks, thanksand sorry for not responding earlier. Jaksin wassup boy!

I am super jealous , Damn thats badass. Thanks for sharing / please show more photos of the car.

K

That bad a$$ tiki ride is on eBay right now!

Scotty

oh my god that car rules!!!

I don't want a 'Bong' post to taint Danny's genuine humanity in your eyes, but, he is one of the truist humans to walk amoung us. A class act all the way...

for the carvers

COOL!
Good to see you carving a big one again. See you at TO5 braddah.

mmmmm....9.5 feet of tiki goodness! Too cool, too cool. I liked how you worked your style into it to give it a more unique look

I missed that rod too - that is one sweet job on the interior, very high class! THanks for posting some of the work you've been doing

Danny... that's a beaut! That's the best when you loom over it while you work then you stand 'em up and they loom WAYYYY over your head!

Keep up the good work... hopefully I'll see you in Florida again.

Coo,Coo folks thios was fun to carve and I'll post more pics today. Ft. Lauderdale for sure!

Man you do some amazing stuff, Man!!! Your work is excellent!! Even if you weren't into the latest Tiki I'm glad you like it now. Cause it looks great!! That shift knob is killer, Too!! Keep up the good work and thanks for posting photo's!!!
Later,
Spermy

Your gift for proportion and symmetry is apparent in all that you create.

(sounds like a fortune cookie doesnt it)

I dream of carving something so nice. I really dig the shift knob. How is the shop truck coming along?

S

Looking sweet Danny! Can't wait to see what you got in store for us, maybe an exchange at the Ti?

Later,
Scott

B

Danny, you stay away too long, but when you return, it is with Great Stuff.9 feet of great tiki. Are you in a race with me to see who can carve the least?
More More

DZ

Ummm... Did you say that 9+ footer was for the Point Break in Redondo Beach? Is that the same as the Point Break "Surfin' Tiki Bar Since 1947", the same Point Break that has NEVER BEEN OPEN in the almost 2 years it's been there? I've driven by it (literally) hundreds of times, and every time, day or night, the place has been locked up tight and dark. As I mentioned on an earlier thread, I have lost interest in the place, but if it's true that there will be a 9+ foot TikiDiablo beauty gracing this joint, I may have to check it out after all.

If it's ever open, that is...

Scott, the exchange is going down at athe Ti ! We're almost there. Benzart, I whittle away, just don't post the things so much, But I wouldn't dare compete with you on anything! Docta, Docta, this is for the very same place, and will open soon. I drop it off manana about 10 am.Muchas Gracias amigos.

To Cool for words!

D

I finally got it up! I got this frame from Danny a little while back and figured it was time to post some images of it. I added the basket weave matting and a little glass float, we put a teeny tiny LED light in it, it really doesn't light much up, just draws your attention to it (sorta,kinda). Sometime this summer I plan on putting some matting up on the wall its hanging on. I'm really happy with it, it compliments Miles print so nicely. Thanks Danny :tiki:

What a cute lil' belly button

This image came out to dark, I've had 1 too many Castaways tonight to even try to fix it at this point...darnit!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-04-16 19:35 ]

K
Kono posted on Sun, Apr 17, 2005 7:45 AM

DawnTiki, I am speechless. Wow.

Hey Dawn,

Looks cool all together and up on the wall. That 'lil float is the ticket! Yahooo!

That is a FINE frame! You're a freak, Danny! :wink:

S

That frame is stylin! Makes me even more anxious to see Danny's new frames our Miles paintings.
Thanks for posting

Danny, that's some really nice work! Beautiful man, beautiful. It compliments Miles' print very nicely...Dawn you are one lucky person! thanks for sharing your pics!

When I took the frame in to get the matting put in, the framer about fell over when I placed this on the table. Then I showed him Miles print. He was pretty excited to get started on it as soon as he could. When I went in to pick it up, they had it showcased in the display area, on an easel, all alone, nothing but this one item. It was pretty neat knowing they had taken everything else out of the display area just to spotlight this one piece. A big Mahalo to Danny (thechikitiki) and Miles (kooche) :tiki:

TM

Had the pleasure of meeting Dawn and seeing Danny at OA when they did the hand-off of the frame. It is a thing of beauty! Good work Danny...

TM

Edit: Hit submit twice...sorry

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2005-04-19 07:09 ]

B

Hey TikiDiablo, you will always be thechikitiki to me. I just went thru your whole thread and it brought back so many memories seeing those pieces again. Youturn out so much art and it is always different and never the same. I have great respect for you as an artist, though I know you are a sickman. you have a few marbles loose or sumthin to make art like you do you can't be sane? Keep up the good work and lets hope that tikiDiablo is near as good as the chikitiki. Love ya' man

Tiki Diablo
I am speechless! You are another original, ..Thank you for sharing your beautiful works of art with us all.

Ahh shucks Benzart. I don't deserve such praise. But I'll agree with you on the cwazy part. Thanks to you too Booprincess! I broke ground on hte Mission Tiki Drive-in this week. That's my current project that has me away from TC, but I'll post some pics of current work soon Benz, jsut for you.

You da man Dan...

bttt

B

bttt ???
I knew you were a wild crazy tiki guy

TG

Dig the lights Chiki. Awesome job you have done there!

G.

K

Hot damn, look at those things! Nice!

AWWWW!!!yeah! Tiki diablo makes his mark in the Hollywood riviera. Simply beautiful creations. You make some REALLY high quality stuff. Got any extras? :)

Those lamps are too cool to be hanging outside like that. Someone's going to make off with them. Hmmm... where is that place again?

Geez! Great great stuff!! All of you !What a talented bunch! So much great Tiki Art! But, we can never have enough Tikis. You TC folks are a true inspiration ....and a very "humbling experience" at the same time.

We sure could use more Tikis in Hawaii. (Gecko is carving as fast as he can.) You should all move here. I've got plenty of space in the carport and lots of noisy tools.

B

Danny, I hope those lights are bolted down pretty securly, else I'm Sure someone will make off with them.. Now Where exactly are they located?? Excellent.

D

I was wondering whats been keeping you too busy to pop into check onto TC. There is no stopping you Danny! Those are some great big beautiful lamps! Love everything you do always! Don't forget us!

bttt

B

Excellent stuff Danny. I Still love "thechikitiki". Thanks for bumping this up since a lot of our newbies don't know your work!

and the others reaquainted! that tiki kicks ass - that fine detail on the head looks crazy!

I had forgotten about point break...I can't wait to check out the interior

The more I attempt to make tikis the more I appreciate your style, Danny. Killer tiki. How big?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 170 replies