Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

3 KINGS Closing Reception Photos! What a Blast! page 18!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 274 replies

WOW - All the art on the walls over the weekend and over 200 pieces to boot.....

I guess that makes the 3 kings pre-hung....and also Well Hung!!!

See ya'all tomorrow night

michael g aka tabtiki

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!
tomorrow's the BIG DAY and let me tell you...there are around 200 pieces of art,maybe more,at this show...CRAZY ART! and PRICED TO MOVE! I'm Serious Folks! This is a CHANCE OF A LIFETIME to get some GREAT ART at AFFORDABLE PRICES!
WE WON"T BE UNDERSOLD!
here's the Flyer one more time...

please note that the NEW TIME for the show will be 6pm to Midnight
with a Surprise Special Guest Band after that! Could it be the Melvins? Hope So!
anyways...talking to clysdalle, i told him i took shots of 90% of the walls and that i was gonna post em

1. to get y'all salivatin....
  2. to show the immense amount of art....
  3. because Clysdalle didn't want me to!
    Well,unlike he, I cannot tolerate your cries and pleas...
    so without further ado....
    I will give you the tour from the door and around back to the front like an upside down "U"...as if ya care.....:lol:

That's Stephen,owner of the light gallery....if you get there and wanna purchase somethin...talk to him!
    The whole hallway to the left i forgot to shoot...There's about 30 pieces there...

and here's a shot from the window....

C'mon down tomorrow night
    Guaranteed the Place will look even Spiffier!
    Hope to see ya there! Free Hugs!
    :)
R

Weeee! Can't wait!!! :D

I still see White Walls!!

Get back there and hang more!!!

:wink:

H
hewey posted on Fri, Dec 14, 2007 7:17 PM

Looks awesome :D

wooohooooo..........less than 24 hours and the art world will never be the same!

I bet LLT is at home getting his artist hair fluffed and ready for SHOWTIME....

On 2007-12-14 19:40, Clysdalle wrote:
I bet LLT is at home getting his artist hair fluffed and ready for SHOWTIME....

at least i got hair! :lol:

Hair beautification is scheduled for tomorrow....after my pre-show nap and shower...
Just got back from puttin up the final pricetags...
shows with 10-20 paintings suck!
the people want more! more! more!
YOU want hundreds of paintings to amaze and fuel yourr A-D-D,no?!
YOU deserve it!
YOU got all dressed up fancy-like and drove down...
YOU deserve nothing less than HUNDREDS of pieces
to stun YOUR eyes and inspire YOUR soul!
Oh! just thought of this....
If you have any mugs or pendants or anything by the artists you want signed-bring em to the show!
Also, we will be signing any of the CRAZY flyers you happen to print out from this thread....
which would make for great conversation pieces in the den!
Anyways,enough babbling....
i have some snowflakes to cut out...
See y'all tomorry!

[Quote LLT]

"Also, we will be signing any of the CRAZY flyers you happen to print out from this thread.... "

So will Ben also be on hand to join in on signing this personal favorite???? I relate but not this bad! :D :D :D

aaaaAAACCCKKK!!!

Are these Three Kings (or goofs) gonna be there to sign stuff???

I heard that tonight we are being honored with the Legendary Boo Ben and Squid...
not sure about GROG,but keep your fingers crossed!
See y'all tonight!
and yes Kelly,I think Ben will sign your...er....flyer! :)

ok I was kidding Ken :D gesh...lol.. I'M COMING TO THE SHOW TO SEE YOU! SEE YA THERE!!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 15, 2007 12:53 PM

Nope. GROG can't make it. Deadline is next week, so GROG have to work
through the weekend to finish up, then Tuesday GROG out of a job until writer's
strike is over.

Good luck with the show. Everybody have fun.

R

On 2007-12-15 12:53, GROG wrote:
Nope. GROG can't make it. Deadline is next week, so GROG have to work
through the weekend to finish up, then Tuesday GROG out of a job until writer's
strike is over.

Good luck with the show. Everybody have fun.

AW! If I'd have known that I would've given you a prop goodbye at the Tonga Hut! :( Ah well! Good luck with deadlines and that writer's strike...sucks that it's going to affect yer job! Blah!

Everyone else, can't wait to see ya tonight! weee! :D

T

Anyone have any ideas what time they will be arriving tonight ? I dont want to get there too early and have to talk to Ken all night . Oooops ! did I just write that ? Just kidding Ken . Im sure this show will have a great turnout and you know Im one of your biggest fans . I just like stirring up the shit . When I get thereyou can give me a sock in the arm . Ray

T

Looks like it's gonna be fun. All that way cool artwork! Hope you left enough room in the aisles for the shopping carts!

No time for a flyer, so here's a link to a snazzy commercial for the event.

R

On 2007-12-15 13:42, TronTiki wrote:
Looks like it's gonna be fun. All that way cool artwork! Hope you left enough room in the aisles for the shopping carts!

No time for a flyer, so here's a link to a snazzy commercial for the event.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BEST. COMMERCIAL. EVER.

thanks Tron!
looks like all those hours of dance practice paid off! :lol:

MT

That was a great commercial. Except now I'm gonna be haunted by elf nightmares of elf-Ken. Good luck on your show tonight, guys! Coco Loco and I wish we could be there!!!

T

Whats happening?

Cool show. There were some really interesting pieces.

I just got home and I must say.... What an amazing display of art . I cant tell you how many times I walked that gallery and saw something different every time . All should see this .

Sorry I didnt make it I was realy on the fence about the hole day. Monday I came down with the Flu and man ive been nursing it all week I even didnt make my other Show in Studio City .But I think its better I stayed home cause if I went out in the cold Id last night id be payin for it today and I gotta get over this . Post some pics take care everyone .

Fabulous show.

I completed my mission as the Official Spam Mule despite the fact that Clysdalle's paintings scare me and that he's now "Mr. I Show Up When I Show Up." Awesome shoes though, Dave.

I purchased "The Late Evening Frolic." Ken paints cute and happy things which I then buy. He proceeds to write cute and happy things on the back of my purchases which I read the following morning and giggle over. He also lets me bust his chops all evening when he brings 128 pieces to an art show, and not one of them fits that little space I'm trying to fill on my wall. I love my happy, dancing shields though.

Nice to see BigToe again. His paintings scare me too.

Great to see the number of red dots all over the gallery increasing as the evening progressed.

R

So the three kings show RAWKED hard!

I bought two pieces....a KenRuzic piece and a Clysdalle piece. I always wanted a Clysdalle piece, so I was psyched to finally purchase one!

Here are the two I bought! :)

Clysdalle's "Robot Love Platter"

I Loooooooove this piece!

KenRuzic's "Figure inspired by a painted Board from the Admirality Islands"

hey kin - on the back of the piece you know how you have it ""Admiralty?" check spelling!" - you had it right the 2nd time you rewrote it :lol:

The show itself was really rad! I loooved all the pieces, I seriously I could've bought them all!

Here is a shot of how full the place was:

They even had a hallway to the back and bathroom and even in that lil hallway they had pieces hanging!

I went with my friend, Luigi! Luigi looooooves Kinny! He also loved Clysdalle pieces and BigToe's!

Yes he did enjoy himself very very much! He just wanted to be "artsy" in this shot. :lol:

Here are two shots of wall work we snapped:

And this awesome clysdalle piece:

I never imagined the horse piece to be THAT huge! I thought it was like a medium sized one...not an enormous one! It's so crazy and awesome lookin'!

For some reason I tried snappin a pic of Jeff (bigtikidude) and Kinny...and it got blurry?

SO we tried again, but this time we included Tiki-Kate!

...of course Kin had to go and ruin it with his twitches and look over, LOL! :D

Luigi was feeling...creative? and decided to snap the chandelier they had at the Gallery

I don't know?

And finally...Luigi and Big Toe decided to compare feet! and BIG TOES!!!

Luigi beat BigToes with HIS big toes! But poor Tom's toes...I felt bad....they are the ones all bandaged up!
Hope they heal quickly!!!

Well that's it for pictures!

I had such a great time last night guys! It was a great way to celebrate the night with friends before heading off to Boston. I know it's only 3 weeks, but I am totally gonna miss everyone!

mwuah to everyone!

Mahalo!

"It's like a Koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

[ Edited by: ravenne 2007-12-16 12:53 ]

Looks like the show rawked...thanks for the pics Rav. Wish I could have been there. :)

SantaTiki made a Surprise Visit to the show

SantaTiki asked Squid if he's been Naughty or Nice this year

TsunamiShanna & TikiTatt made the Nice List

Hinano Paul gave SantaTiki his Mug List

Is this a SantaTiki Imposter??

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-12-16 15:28 ]

Good times!

GOOD TIMES INDEED!
What a Great Show!
Omigosh!
Never before has there been such a perfect mix of friends,family,fans,TC Ohana,fellow respectable artists and carvers,hipsters and normals! Incredible....
the most incredible thing was everybody liked the art and enjoyed themselves!
it was the Perfect Storm! Wow...
I'd like to thank y'all from the bottom of my heart
for getting all fancied up and taking the time to see what us three spazzes have been concocting!
THANK YOU to TikiRay,Link from Frame fetish,Squiddles,Zaya and Buzzy,Dave's Not Home and family,Tikitatt,4WD Tiki,Jeff (Bigtikidude) and DAD!,Crazy Al,Bamboo Ben and Mrs. Boo,smgleason and family,Justin and Ana from work,Kelli and Jeff,Luigi,and...(brainfart!) everyone else for sharing this night with us and adding that special seasoning only all you colorful characters can provide! I know i forgot a bunch of ya-SHOWBLUR!so if you're name didn't show up here-there's a complaint box on page 45 of this thread.....:lol:
And a BIG THANK YOU to Hinano Paul and Mrs.Deanna (i don't think she likes the "lurker' handle), Tiki Kate, wooHoo and Soccertiki,Hiphipahula,Ravenne,Dibroc and Paula,Pete and Stacy,"DJ",Tomas and his girlfriend,and Shaun and Margaret for welcoming some paintings into their homes....(i hope i didn't forget anyone!)
and lastly the BIGGEST THANK YOU goes to BigToe,Steven and the light gallery crew,oh ya....and Clysdalle,who'd rather go to dinner with friends than help us get the gallery ready before the show....jerk!

ATTENTION!
Nick from TikiMag asked us for pix and a writeup for the next issue! :)
SO IF YOU HAVE ANY REAL GOOD SHOTS FROM THAT EVENING
could you send em to BigToe or myself?
Thanks a Bunch!
Onto the Lame photos i took..
i really apologize...next time I'll Schmooze less and photograph more! :lol:
BIGTOE vs Luigi

Zaya looking all beaming as usual! and there's Clysdalle with a flat butt and the lovely TikiKate to the right!

Sir Squidley and Bowana gettin all Intellectual and stuff...

Dave showing us the ugliest piece on that wall...:lol:

here's a peek inside early in the evening..
i see ravenne,the gallery owner steven,i even see Santa Soccertiki and the back of Tikitatt i think! Squid and Toe are back there too!

Here is a perfect shot of the backs of dibroc and his wife paula and WooHoo and hinano Paula and Mrs.lurker...

Three kings in one spot...

Typical Soccertiki antics....

TikiRay asking Crazy Al Santa for a new set of tools...
Hiphipahula is peeping over to the right!

Clysdalle ruminating about the art...

Crowd shot..check out the one girl who actually knows she's being photographed! :lol:
Oh ya! and there's Dave's not home's back!

Well....That's all i got...
so tired....must get ready for the workweek....
CLOSING RECEPTION SATURDAY JANUARY 5th! 8 to midnight!

[ Edited by: LITTLE LOST TIKI 2007-12-17 13:31 ]

R

Awesome! Glad more pics were taken!
I wish I'd taken more.

If you guys want I can email ya some of the originals of the pics I took, if ya think any of them are worth showin?

Man had such a great time!

Can't wait for the closing reception!

B

Looks like one kick ass show fellas!! Gallery looks well hung. I like the way you cats inner mixed your work everywhere...Cool seeing a Kinny next to a Dave, next to a Big toe on every wall.

You boys RAWK!!

STAFFORD THE GENIUS SENT ME
SOME FISH-EYE PHOTOS
OF THE FESTIVITIES!
Cheggem out!
Ho! Ho! Ho!
it's Crazy Al,yo!

While floating above the crowd(did i mention Stafford could fly?) he took this shot!

BigToe's "Daddy Likes!" in Fisheye!

Three Clowns at a distance....

Three Clowns up Close...Do the Fisheye Lens make us look fat?

"the Procession"

LLT's new found friend,Jason! Shaka!

one more gallery shot...

Stafford took some 3-d views of the show-like a VR thing....
stay tuned for that link soon!
Thanks Stafford! :)

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 17, 2007 10:00 AM

Looks like a fun show, GROG wish GROG hadn't had to work.

LLT, you asked if the fisheye lens makes you look fat. No, being fat makes you look fat.

What a great time...thanks to everyone who came down, came up, flew in, dropped by and passed through! I think I'm still needing sleep after getting in at 3am on Sunday morning. Just a great time and a special thanks to LLT for getting ball rolling and even though he's jerk he's good people. Same goes for Bigtoe but he's just not as special. Hope to see everyone again for the closing reception and feel free to stop in and see the art before then...still TONS of stuff all over the walls....

What a fantastic show! For those that didnt make the opening night, get your butts down sometime in the next couple weeks to check out alllllll the amazing art!

Like i said folks...
Closing reception is Sturday January 5th 8pm to midnight
at the light gallery 440 E. 17th St Costa Mesa
Be there or be sad...twice!

amazing art, wish I could have bought some.
sorry I didn't hang out longer, Iwanted to, but I needed to get the Bigtikidaddy(my pop) home, and then I had a x-mas party to go to.
I'll try to stop by the closing, but 8 is pushing it, there is a surf show in
El Segundo that night. any chance of moving it up to 6 or 7?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

B

Congrats on the show, guys! It was worth my last minute decision to make the trip(even though Buzzy and I had to go and drag the Clysdalle posse from the bar back to the gallery)!

LLT: That's me in the picture with Squid. (the cool guy!)

you ARE a cool guy Bowana!
Thanks for attending the reception!
And just to make sure NONE of you forget.....
Besides being open during the weekends
we will also be having a Closing reception on January 5th 8 to midnight
With at least 30 NEW works to replace those sold at the first reception!
That's 1/5 of the show...NEW & DIFFERENT from the opening Reception!
So even if you came down on the 15th,there's still new work to see!
HiHO!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 18, 2007 12:41 PM

You JUST had the opening for the show several days ago, and
you're already making flyers to advertise the closing of the show
three weeks from now? What a loser.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 18, 2007 12:43 PM

P.S. LLT----- :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-12-18 12:44 ]

you never showed up Ernie...
You can't imagine the stoked expressions of the masses as they waded through the hundreds of paintings......so we're giving everyone a second chance to share the magic......
Plus, there's no Tonga Hut event happening soon,so I thought I'd do a slow release on the Closing Reception and put up a new flyer every few days! :P :P :P :P :P

R

On 2007-12-18 12:41, GROG wrote:
You JUST had the opening for the show several days ago, and
you're already making flyers to advertise the closing of the show
three weeks from now? What a loser.

BITTER GROG!!! it's not flattering..
BITTER!!!

throws eggs at Grog
:P!!!!!!

"It's like a Koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

[ Edited by: ravenne 2007-12-18 12:51 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 18, 2007 1:30 PM

On 2007-12-18 13:30, GROG wrote:

Here's some SPAM to go with those eggs

I just can't think about the closing! my lands mofo's I just drove to the opening! But I will be back gotta pick up my "Tiki Dance" Painting by Clydesdale :)

im almost over this stuff still a bit of hackin , should be fine for the closin .

I'll have a new painting and a new scratchboard illustration at the closing...don't miss it! pics to come soon and excite the masses!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 274 replies