Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

international happy hour! back and better than evar!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 148 replies

T

Singapore Sling!

This is actually last week's pic...It got late, I got buzzed. Can't recall what I was drinkin' but I wanted a cigar.

basil gimlet tonight

T

"That's right Kids! It's the TikiSHOUT! International Happy Hour HALLOWEEN PARTY!!! Trick Or Treat! Don't be a fink! Give us something good to drink!" Woofmutt

So dust off your creepiest tiki & mix up a special concoction guaranteed to appease the Great Pumpkin!

[ Edited by: Tikisgrl 2006-10-25 16:44 ]

H
Helz posted on Wed, Oct 25, 2006 6:16 PM

Well, let me get things kicked off with what is sure to be a Helzoween Favorite...

The 'Als Tibdu':

1 oz. White Rum
1 oz. Coconut Rum
1 oz. Banana Liqueur
1/2 oz. Apricot Brandy
1/2 oz. Blue Curcaco
3/4 oz. Lemon juice
And...
5 oz. Odwalla Superfood Juice

Shake with ice cubes and strain into something clear so others can see what you're drinking!

BWAAHHAHAHAHA!!!

(Oh yea, the Marquesan is just drinking a barrel of rum)

[ Edited by: HelzTiki 2006-10-25 18:17 ]

T

Thirsty Devils... Sorry just Diet Pepsi & some Halloween type mugs!

T

Don the Beachcomber's ORIGINAL MAI TAI. The Trader Vic's one wasn't available on the United flight...but here it is. And I like it better than Vic's anyway.

ALOHA!

W

So I'm havin a somethin' I decided to call a Jack-O-Smasher...Orange juice, dark rum, lime vodka, some bitters... Appropriately it came out a pumpkin pie color. Now I gotta retro work the ingredients to see if I can reproduce it cuz it's pretty good fall cocktail.

And with the Halloween theme in mind...

Okay, my Granite Wahini and I just got home from our jobs and it's time for something light.

I call this, "The Flaming Fruit Harvest Bowl"

It's one shot of Cruzan Coconut Rum
One shot of Cruzan Pineapple rum
One shot of Cruzan Banana Rum
A double shot of Orange Curacao
6 ounces of Pineapple Juice
And of course, some 151 on top!

On 2006-10-25 18:16, HelzTiki wrote:
Well, let me get things kicked off with what is sure to be a Helzoween Favorite...

The 'Als Tibdu':

1 oz. White Rum
1 oz. Coconut Rum
1 oz. Banana Liqueur
1/2 oz. Apricot Brandy
1/2 oz. Blue Curcaco
3/4 oz. Lemon juice
And...
5 oz. Odwalla Superfood Juice

Shake with ice cubes and strain into something clear so others can see what you're drinking!

BWAAHHAHAHAHA!!!

(Oh yea, the Marquesan is just drinking a barrel of rum)

[ Edited by: HelzTiki 2006-10-25 18:17 ]

Tell me you're gonna make that on St. Paddy's Day. :P

I think it deserves some kind of jade themed Asian exotica name, "The Jade Dragon" or something, but that's just me. :lol:

T

Tonight's theme, to celebrate the recently started NBA season, is SLAM DURNK CONTEST. This is your one chance to show us your most powerful, small, concentrated libations...your short hoists! Get mixing. And extra points for a three sixty windmill slam durnk. Good luck!

TT

T

I give you, the Singapore Slingshot. Don't try this at home. Poor a shot of Nyquil instead.

Now I'm gonna ralph.

TT

H
Helz posted on Wed, Nov 8, 2006 8:14 PM

and tonight's original contribution. the....

BLOOD ON THE TIKIROOM FLOOR...

From the Bottom Up

Grenadine
Mai-Tai
Pina Colada
151 with a dash of bitters
Flame

Hoo-Ra.

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Nov 8, 2006 9:10 PM

Done!

"Long Ears Lament"
Squeeze of lemon
Dash of vodka
Splash of cointreau

H
Helz posted on Wed, Nov 15, 2006 7:45 PM

Not so "Happy" of an hour....But sometimes ya gotta do the responsible thing....

So I give you this evenings offering, a new drink invention. I call it: Diet Pepsi and a crap load of work....

Maybe next week.

T

I can't this week either.

Bummer.

T

Special thanks to Humuhumu and James Teitelbaum for pointing out that this Wednesday is Don the Beachcomber's 100th Birthday. Therefore the theme for this week is Don the Beachcomber's Menu. Mix up something from Don's menu, drink it, and think of the great contribution made to us here at Tiki Central by Don the Beachcomber.

TT

H

I completely spazzed out! As James correctly noted in his post about Donn Beach's birthday, it's happening next February, not this month. I guess I was just too eager! DtB is worth celebrating at any time, though -- so perhaps tonight can be a trial run for the full-on festivities in February.

H
Helz posted on Wed, Nov 22, 2006 3:04 PM

...Nevermind.

[ Edited by: HelzTiki 2006-11-22 17:09 ]

J

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2006-11-22 19:27 ]

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:20:24 ]

H
Helz posted on Wed, Nov 29, 2006 7:00 PM

It sure is....

And a tribute to the Trader....the Honi Honi

Not rum, but still quite nice

T

Oh yeah, that. Good thing I have a Singapore Sling handy.

TikiSHOUT International Happy Hour Baby!

TT

H
Helz posted on Wed, Nov 29, 2006 7:20 PM

and one for the Mrs., who's feeling a bit under the weather this evening (Not to mention it's 5 degrees outside)..

The ever-classic...Hot Buttered Rum

Vic's Recipe.

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:19:32 ]

H
Helz posted on Wed, Nov 29, 2006 7:24 PM

....is that FRESH lime?

:wink:

T

...and FRESH, MINT!

T

I had a home-made jet pilot yesterday, but was unable to post after that. :wink:

T

Let's get this party started!!! You got to move it, move it!!!

T

in honor of my new seattle friends...a space needle. it's blue because I'm blue to be home.

Pictures from the trip!

[ Edited by: tekoteko 2006-12-06 19:50 ]

T

Well once again the Diet Pepsi Grl arrives... I call this the Hawaiian Islands with a touch of the East...

East coast that is... Helz-tiki AKA the Huey Mug is sportin' a Lobstah!!!

Many Thanks to Poptiki for the wonderful Hawaiian mug and to Helztiki for Huey & a nice big shirt.

Tikisgrl

D

my first International Happy Hour.. in Starbucks Speak **Personal, Drip, One Pump Sugar-free Gingerbread Syrup with room for Heavy Cream **

H
Helz posted on Wed, Dec 6, 2006 8:12 PM

Dang...nice work folks....

And my humble offering: The Demerera Dry Float

Kinda packs a little punch (Maybe cuz I went a little heavy on the float part)

T

Well here it is nearly Wednesday again. I would like to extend an invitation to all of the TC Ohana to come and join Shout for Wednesdays Happy Hour... this week or any week. Especially for this East Coast Girl, I have been begging for a slightly more reasonable starting time, as I actually need to sleep occasionally.

So for this Wednesday December 13th as a special treat to me I am asking that Happy hour start a bit earlier so that a broader spectrum of folks can at least stop by for a minute during this busy holiday season to show off their drinks.

Coffee, Mai Tai's, Soda (Pop, tonic, cola) or whatever...

This weeks theme has not been selected from the vast book of international happy hour etiquette but it will be posted soon.

For the East Coast Ohana I'm hoping for a 9:00 pm starting time...

T

Okay, this week's theme is The Well Mannered Cocktail what does this mean? Open to yer creativity. Could be a take on a WELL DRINK could be somethin' they'd serve in a rather reserved setting. (With optimal presentation, of course.) If tropical, it could be a savage drink fer the genteel set. Next week it oughtta be a holiday theme , of course.

**Credit to Woofmutt for the wording.

Alternatively. Show us what you're drinking...Diet Coke? Pepsi? Gingerbread Latte? Egg Nog? We really don't care, it's all about the people!

Please come join us on Wednesday evening for drinks and laughs in TikiSHOUT. We're starting a little earlier now! We're gonna run Happy hour from 9:00PM (or earlier, east coast crowd...jump in whenever you're ready!) until who-knows-when-on-the-west-coast.

See you all on Wednesday!

TT

T

Welcome to TikiSHOUT International Happy Hour!

T

Well as many of you are aware I'm really a Diet Pepsi drinker not much for liquor. I do have an extensive collection of barware to compliment my Tikis. Tonight's theme was supposed to be sophisticated... I went with silly!

Some vintage 50's - 60's stuff from my collection!

W

I just liked the name The Well Behaved Cocktail fer a theme. Havin' no idea what it really meant (good behavior and fine manners bein' a given, of course!), I went with a classic well drink...

P

suprise in the mail today . . .

H
Helz posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 7:39 PM

Ahh...what a way to relax. A little nosh, a dirty martini for me, and a cosmopolitan for the Mrs.

[ Edited by: HelzTiki 2006-12-13 19:40 ]

Oooooh pdrake....that is soooooo nice!!!!

My first International Happy Hour, so posting my favorite drink (prior to my initiation at FI). It is a Brave Bull (Kahlua and Tequila over ice). Light from antique shop in OB San Diego...I love fez-wearing monkeys!!! Furniture and table-topper courtesy of my Mom, both over 50 years old. Glass courtesy of a "oh how did that get in my purse" El Toritos.

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.

JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2006-12-13 19:51 ]

T

Don't lie Helz...we know you LOVE cosmos.

For me...a Navy Grog. Home-brewed the navy grog mix. Dressed it up by setting it on the finest corner table in the Teko Teko Room.

TT

Just a Cuba Libra with hand squeezed goodness for The Sneaky.

H
Helz posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 9:37 PM

ok...we didn't want to resort to this, but...

POST YOUR HAPPY HOUR PICS, OR THE PUP GETS IT!

[ Edited by: HelzTiki 2006-12-13 22:03 ]

D

my incredibly messy desk.. im drinking diet coke.. obviously not my first one of the night.. eating cashews.. (but not those dog biscuits)..

Arte those dog bizcuitz or are they dogbytes?

A warm Rum laden Egg Nog....guarded by my miniature Nutcracker squad.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL :tiki:

T

Nice!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 148 replies