Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 236 replies

R
Red posted on Sun, Apr 16, 2006 6:33 AM

That is an awesome ceramic mold. What did you make your prototype mug from (the volcano mug)?

[ Edited by: Red 2006-04-16 07:40 ]

Holy smokes! :o poptiki, that is one fantastic volcano mug! Got to have that! I sent you a PM.

Mahalo! :drink:

M

This is wonderful work and a wonderful mug. Congratulations on the new toy I am sure it won't rest much :)

V

Holey Kamoley!

I just saw the shot of the Volcano mug with smoke and flames! Would you ever consider trading one of your mugs for one of mine? Or am I too late? I suddenly fear that all your mugs are spoken for!

Fabulous work!

VanTiki

Pop, you do fantastic work! keep it up!

Cool pop, very cool I'm going to pull out my test painted piece's tonight, if they work or not I'll letyou know.
Thank's for the help.
Thom

...flipppity-flip-floppin-flip-POP!tiki!!!

Yo-Ho-Yo-Ho! I gotz around later tis evenin' to find much anticipated booty...me 'Poptiki Volcano Mug!...AaarrrgH!!! Where's me Rum?!!!
So in celebration me took a few Canon shots...and now it's official...me deadman's chest lay open aye Oooga Mooga showcase to me treasured bounty!!!
ScreeeECH!sSQUuaAkK!!..ffFloof..FlaaAP!! Off ME H00K yedam Bird!!!
Aye keep me good Eye on ye Poptiki...Jolly Good Mate!!! Now........BACK ta WORK with ya!! The crews restless?...MUTINY! Aye Mutiny I saiz if we don't see more treasures...and soooon!!!

flip-Klop-flip-Kloppp...Hazzah! HazzaH! HAZZAH! POPTIKI!!!

H
hmc posted on Tue, Apr 18, 2006 7:29 PM

I just received my Volcano mug and I must say - IT IS TRULY A PIECE OF ART!!!!

It is absolutely magnificent, the design is ingenious and the glaze is spectacular.

I love it!

Oh and the tag is also a great touch, including a drink recipe... very clever!

On 2006-04-18 19:29, hmc wrote:
I just received my Volcano mug and I must say - IT IS TRULY A PIECE OF ART!!!!

It is absolutely magnificent, the design is ingenious and the glaze is spectacular.

I love it!

Oh and the tag is also a great touch, including a drink recipe... very clever!

I will second that! A true masterpiece!

Poptiki volcano mug in da house (err), hut!

Fantastic! :D

Mahalo!

Received my mug yesterday and it is one gorgeous piece of art!
I'm truly honoured to have in my collection, I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks again!

M

Poptiki this is a very beautiful mug and it has a crazy shape. This must have been hell to make the mold. I love it it's on my shelf with my other favorite mugs. It's truely amazing.

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:42:12 ]

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:40:45 ]

T

Hi Pop,

Love the mug variations!!! What else are you hiding in the back yard though? It looks like they are by a waterfall?

The Cobalt turned out great & it seems that the snow capped one is already being put to good use by Helz!!! (He mentioned a reverb crash)

Keep up the good work!!!

Tikisgrl

Y0-H0! Y0-H0!...Poptiki!!

Howzit view Makuakane Lua Pele? Da kine variations SsweeetT, braddah P! Car klub's go-gonutz with flame variations...why not lava variations?!?

Cobaltz kool but hey...why not hot flourescents for the blacklights wavebangerz and metal-flake for the gearheadz??? Rockabilly-N-Tiki cultures seem to mix...Surf & Drag, right?...Big Daddy's, Beachcombers and Kahunas...Whoa PoPs! ...Better get Master Molds ready and a mass manufacturer!...Summer Nationals, Luau's, Kustom HotRod ,X-Games, Hukilau V, Viva Las Vegas10!...Europe, Japan, Russia...Nutz about this stuff!...global I tell ya! G-L-O-B-A-L !!!...now where's the number for that offshore account?

Better preheat that Tiki-fryer my man, cause Elvis is Back!
...hhhHHMMmmmm gold lame' volcano with motor oil lava....

Call Me...we'll do lunch! You da man Poptiki...you da man! SHOW ME DA'TIKI!!!

FlippiTy-fLip-flOppiN-VvvrooommM-fLipPp...

yeah, what jones said! :)

B

Yes Again to Jones' reply. Pops you are really getting some great stuff there. I Love how the colors are turning out!

BuMpity-buMp-bUmp...BUMP?

P-O-P-T-I-K-I...where r u???

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

• bump +

HAPPY POPTIKI DAY!

:tiki: :drink: :tiki:

Flip-flOp-flipPp...

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:41:23 ]

M

These colors are extremely nice on your piece. I will have to collect them all!

MMmmmmmm YyuuummmY GOOD! SssluurrrppP SsslobBberrR SsmaaaackK!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:39:59 ]

On 2006-06-18 07:04, poptiki wrote:
Thanks,

Here's a misc. pic, looks oily?

Very spacey. I like it! I really love the design.

Whatever will you turn out next, Pop?!

B

YeSSs, PopTiki, I really love that Oily look.Man, you are really goin' to town with these glazes. It is SO Great watching you have so much fun!

Chugga chugga chugga, POPTIKI!!!...Chugga chugga chugga, POPTIKI???

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:38:07 ]

Pop, the Big Woo tribe will be extremely happy! I know I am w/my first run volcano original!

Keep up the great work! :D

M
McTiki posted on Sun, Jul 9, 2006 5:02 PM

Pop, Awesome is the Woo! Is the indent in the opening for one's beak? I Love it. They fire beautifully. Meh want one.

Mahalo

Mc

O

Wow!!! The Woo!!!!

Great job!! Can't wait to see these in person.

We here at the Big Woo thank you, poptiki.. for creating such an incredible piece just for us. I know how hard you worked on these and we made so many decisions and changes. The end result, as everyone can see, is nothing short of spectacular!

The colors are beautiful and the lettering.. just perfect! Not a single mug was lost in shipping. They fit the mood and add that certain touch to the Woo.

The skulls and the BigBenz approve, I think. :wink:

Dealing with poptiki was such a pleasant experience. He was so thoughtful during the entire process. Always in contact regarding changes/ideas. The man knows what he is doing and does it with style. THANK YOU again, pop! We LOVE them!!

I love my poptiki volcano mug!

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Aug 4, 2006 7:48 AM

Very professional

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:33:39 ]

MISSING: PopTiki

If found please report to proper authorities. :sheckymug:

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

B

Yeah, Poptiki, where are you. The Big woo mugs were a Perfect fit, I Love what you did with them. What else have you been working on, c'mon, 'fess up??

P
Paipo posted on Sun, Sep 3, 2006 3:33 PM

What a cool thread, from a carver to a one-man mug factory in a few pages. That Tiki Bob is superb. You doing any more carving?

H
Helz posted on Sun, Sep 3, 2006 7:38 PM

Ok, My apologies all...it's my fault that Pop hasn't been out here more. Rita and I just moved back to Colorado, and so I've had him helping us settle into our new place.

One of the thing I asked him to do was make me a Bob for my UTR (Upcoming, Un-named, Un-enchanted Tiki Room).

And interestingly enough, Today he showed me what he did, so here goes...

and one for scale..

I don't know much about the construction...but I do know that there was a lot of pink foam scraps all over the garage.

wow, it's so totally fantastic helz & pops, fantastic job!

T

HUGE! HUGE! HUGE! HUGE! That's freakin' HUGE!

B

Wow, That Bob Is utterly amazing, foam or not. Don't you EVER Comandeer him Away from us AGAIN! making the poor old man help you move and unworthy stuff like that, you'd think he was Your dad or something. 'SOK This time but Don't let it happen again.
:wink:

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:32:54 ]

L
Loki posted on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 8:28 AM

Pop,
You never fail to amaze. I cant wait to get out and visit to see this guy in person.

H
Helz posted on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 5:05 PM

Loki,

He'll be in the guest room waiting for ya. You know you're welcome anytime.

(of course, I don't know if I could sleep with this thing staring at me...)

Helz

H
hewey posted on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 7:44 PM

Awesome thread man! No idea how I have missed this for so long!

Great looking volcano mugs and the various tiki bob incarnations are awesome too!

Now you just gotta make the right scale decorated swizzle stick for big bob :)

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:28:52 ]

Holy moly! That's a beauty!!! Good going Pop.

Holy mother of... That's beautiful work, but... but... it would freak the bejeezus out of me at night!

"Honey, what was that noise?"

"Bob moved. I swear he moved..."

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 236 replies