Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 236 replies

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:25:31 ]

C

Great thread! and great family too! I love the big woo!! and the carving is very cool too! Congrats!!

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:24:18 ]

On 2006-09-04 08:36, poptiki wrote:

Like the color?

Albino Bob!

Glad to see ya back in action Poptiki!!! :) I like the looks of da cups you got there! Choice molasses glaze bands with rough bisque body? SsweeetT! They look to be the perfect size for serving a little high octane, maybe?!! Nice lava colors to volcano...about time ya made yourself one! I was just admiring mine tonight, as I jockey the Poptiki Volcano to the top shelf of my tiki display case!!!

What's the wood for anyway??? Are ya cold already or gonna whittle a few tiki cups this winter??? :lol: :D :lol:

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

B

Yaeh, Pop, Glad to see you back. I Love those 'Touristy mugs, I think they turned out great.
Saw all your 'Big Woo" mugs At the Big Woo a few weeks ago and I even came home with one so now I am the proud owner of 2 Volcano mugs. THANKS Pop.

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:22:46 ]

Excellent work on the Big Bob. Fantastic work Pop.

Zulu

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:16:43 ]

Just found this thread (since the past summer) The big woo mug and the Big Bob creation happened while I was relocating across the country, and otherwise indisposed for a bit. Wow - great job. 2 questions did you fiberglass Big Bob, and where can I send to get a big Woo, not one ... 2 big Woos, or alas are they all gone.
Those mugs are sooooo cool! I want to singe my eyebrows on one soooo badly!
Thanks, and again great work!

Soooo.... are the Big Woos for sale anywhere?
I would love to add a couple to my collection.

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:14:58 ]

T

Wow Poptiki you have been busy! Another Big Bob he's fantastic... The little guys at the bottom are really great too! Thanks for sharing what you have been up to!

Tikisgrl

pop...poP...POP...POPTIKI!!! Hey da big Woody Bobby is topps and da ceramic G-Bitah is aces! Bean missing you round here, ya outta be post'in more! :D

Keep'em coming slacker...need more, More, MORE...POPTIKI!!! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:14:04 ]

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Mar 18, 2007 11:00 AM

They look beautiful Pop. Thank you for all your hard work. I know it was tough on you. I hope they will be "pop"ular for you.

-Gman

P
Paipo posted on Sun, Mar 18, 2007 1:20 PM

On 2007-03-15 02:19, poptiki wrote:

pop

Those are awesome, I'm amazed no-one has thought to do this sooner. The new bob rocks too - nice work Pop!

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:07:11 ]

Great work Pop! Glad to see you around again.

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:02:32 ]

T

Tiki Bub is awesome! Another wonderful collaboration! Thanks for sharing your latest work!

Tikisgrl

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Jun 4, 2007 5:45 PM

I'll take one, if your willing to sell. Baby Bobs

V

Fan-freakin-tastic!
So clean and beautiful - right down to the bottom signature! Fabulous execution of a great design (way to go Jonesy)! Wannna trade a Tiki Tile (or two) for one? :)

Keep that kiln a-cooking!
Henrik "VanTiki"

I see you have been very busy in the laboratory!

As always, great stuff Pop!!! :D

Way to go bub, aaa...'jOnz'! :)

I'll take a Bub!

sandz

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Jun 4, 2007 6:53 PM

Wicked! Jonesey is a dark horse...I guess all that collecting has stirred his creative juices! first the Tiki Farm comp, and now this....these will sell like hotcakes!
I've also noticed that this looks in no way "home made" - in fact the overall quality, details and glazing are better than I've seen on quite few "pro" mugs. You must have a bit of experience doing this sort of work?

ST

Do I smell a mug list, put me down!

Wow! Awesome! I must have one! Great job Pop and awesome design Jonesey!

Pop, Jones, and team tiki bub,
That kicks ass! Perfection!

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:01:39 ]

OooooGA! OoooGA! OooGA! HONK! HONK! :o

DANG POPS! Ya did good...bringing that tiny scribble sketch to life! WOW, your ceramics have a pro-finish top-to-bottom! Slippery creamy smoooth and a transparent honey glaze, YUMMY!

Too much, I'm honored and flattered you brought him into 3D reality. :D

You are TOPS Poptiki, ALL Aces!!! Can't wait to see what you are creating next? 8)

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

T

Tiki Bub has landed! Wow he's everything I hoped for and more! What can I say he's awesome and I am honored to own one! Thanks to everyone involved in creating my new favorite mug!

Tikisgrl

D

Trader Pup says "keep your paws off my bubs"

Wishing these were full of Milk Bones. hey, bub is almost pup, upside down!

ST

damn dogbytes how'd I miss out on those, you must be in the loop...

Great photos DB!
Man that trader pup is a cutie, I love his 'guard' pose

Buddy Bub stands tall next to Brother Bob! 8)

Astounding glaze/finish!!! :o

The new king of pop! :wink:

Mahalo Nui Loa! :D

sandz

I love trader Pup. He's so... so... so... FLUFFY!
and cool mugs too!

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 03:55:01 ]

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Sep 1, 2007 2:07 PM

Beautiful work gentlemen! I love watching you two work together and make/refurbish this killer stuff. Lucky guys.....

Nice mugs too :) Glad you got your Benz's safe and sound.

-G

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Jan 18, 2008 3:59 PM

Thanks Gents. A wonderful suprise!

I hope you make more...

-G

P
Paipo posted on Fri, Jan 18, 2008 4:32 PM

Oh man don't post that in here G - you know what's gonna happen now....

Seriously though, what a totally brilliant idea - the GMAN Fogcutter! I love that old-school style with the little logo tiki mounted on the side. Great work Helz/Pop/G!

LT

On 2008-01-18 15:59, GMAN wrote:
Thanks Gents. A wonderful suprise!

I hope you make more...

-G

Yes, do make more. That's a winner!

Excellent classic looking mug design...timeless, the colors are beautiful as well!

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Feb 1, 2008 5:47 PM

Pop and Helzer,

Can you guys post pics of the other mugs you made like this one? I sure would like to see 'em?

-G

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 03:51:09 ]

LT

On 2008-02-02 13:56, poptiki wrote:
OK "G", just for you.

We did three mugs like the one we sent you. I also tried a chocolate brown slip that I used as a test on one other "Biter". It was also a test of one of the reactive glazes I've been wanting to try. I liked the way it came out, but, I like the first vintage looking version better. Here's the other one.

No glaze was applied to the Biter and it shows the high fired slip.

The inside was done in a clear glaze and the outside in a reactive. It has a whole different look.

Thanks again "G",
pop

Will these mugs be available for purchase?

Wow the colours on that reactive glazed mug are incredible! Each one will be completely different. I can't wait to see the run of them if you decide to do more.
Cheers!

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Feb 3, 2008 6:18 AM

"It has a whole different look."

You bet it does...and it is awesome. That reactive glaze is really wild. Have fun with them Pops and thanks for letting me see. Those a really cool.

Thanks again for sending me one.

-G

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Feb 3, 2008 9:05 AM

Hi Pops,

Wow, this is the first time I have kicked around in your thread....you sir are one fine craftsman! Everything is damn tight! I really like the collaboration mug that you and G did. The high fire glazes you are using are wonderful. What are you firing these to? If you have one of these killer "G" mugs for sale, I would really love to get one?

Love your ride! I also wake up every morning and thank the lord for fossil fuel.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 236 replies