Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

made of stone

Pages: 1 2 3 4 161 replies

C

Wes I am leaving on Wednesday,16 days in paradise.

K

The concrete paintings are a great idea .I love the way the turned out..

C

Happy Halloween.

Great line up Capo!! Happy Halloween to you!
Have a wonderful time in Paradise

Your work is just amazing! I'm in awe each time I check out a new creation. What a fertile creative mind.

Hey Capo!!
Where are you? Have you decided to stay on the islands?
Wes

KU Heiau on the east shore of Kauai. sunrise from the temple This is the state of most ancient temples,only the high priests were allowed on to this site,off limits to commoners.Very spiritual place,you can feel the Mana.

C

Gota keep on keeping on!!

The Capo strikes again... Lookin fine yet again!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Nov 17, 2005 7:18 PM

Yes! The man is a machine. Capo, did you make those in one day?

C

Gman I did those 3 today.I am going to do a couple of local art shows and I want some new stuff.I have about 35 pieces on hand but I want about 50.I am trying a few with less detail so I can sell them cheep!!!The week before I went on vacation I sold 11 pieces,my best week yet!!

Nice! 3 in a day? You're killin' me. Nice Kauai pics, by the way. I wanna go back!

C

new one today,trying some different wood tones.

Capo-
Your are a machine for sure. They are all great and I hope you sell all fifty. Thanks for all your help.
moon

Aloha capotiki!!!!
Cool stuff my friend

C

adding to the herd.

Man you have quite the legion of tiki there better get busy and disperse them into the world to let them brighten the day of fellow enthusiasts. Great stuff and maintain your own style.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Nov 28, 2005 5:33 PM

Capo,

You're one prolific sculptor for sure. I hope you get all 50 made for the show, and I hope you sell every one of them and have to start taking orders. Cool stuff!

-Gman

C

I have set a lofty goal,40 are ready,Sunday is the first show.Much thanks for the inspiration.Palm City and Gman your input is much appreciated!!Mahalo, capo

C

Show time,some of my favorites close up.The two by the fire place are sold.

TG

Capo..........You be rockin' brotha!!! Nice collection there. Hope you sell all of'em!

Geez! Reminds me of one of those Chinese terra cotta armies!

C

Thanks for the good words!!I sold 9 statues today, got 2 special orders requests,an order pending for some artificial rock work and 120 business cards went out .It was a good day.capo

M

That's Great Capo!!
That photo with the army of Tikis was awesome.
All will find homes very quick I'm sure.
I wish I live closer to you. :(
Wesley

M
McTiki posted on Sun, Dec 4, 2005 7:30 PM

Capo! Those are off the hook!

Whats in yer private stash ???? AAAAARRRG!

Mahalo

Now I get it. My husband works for the phone company in Capo Beach/San Juan/San Clemente area. He said one day he was up on a pole and thought he saw an army of tikis. I tried to get him to tell me where, you know, so I could check it out. He couldn't remember. It musta been you!!
These are fabulous! I'm headin to the ole mega-hardware-mart and gettin my supplies!
Have you tried the great concrete stain from Ganahl Lumber? I used it all over my concrete floors in my living room, but not sure it would work on such a fresh cure.
I have some concrete tikis from a garden store. To make them look ancient, I mixed up the old yogurt/moss mess and painted them in strategic areas. They look like they're a thousand years old!
REALLY enjoyed all of your posts! Thanks for all the tips!!

The Mr just got home and told me he fixed your phone. He says you and he were discussing the cool pirate dude at that crazy house in Orange, by the cemetary.
Sweet! You did that?!! That is so awesome!
The Mr says he was telling you about our plans to do a ship wrecked Pirate...ship in our back yard around the pool equipt. and that's how your other work came up.
So, are you that dude? Cuz that would be cool!
I'd love to come by and adopt a tiki!

C

Found some spare time and got inspired.Hopefully more soon!

B

Capo, definitely cool stuff. You keep producing Awewsome artwork. Love your consistently cool, aged looking finishes.

C

Just messing around,I was making tree stumps be for tiki.

C

A couple new statues.

T

Glad to see you posted. I have been making tiki and watching graffiti movies all weekend and I have a burner to show. once I find the camera I will show you what I did and you will be amazed. I wouldn't have thought this one was possible but for the fact that its near done.

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-06-26 08:30 ]

H

Cod o' mighty! This thread has somehow completely eluded me since I've been here but I just read the whole thing. Capo your stuff is awesome! I've gotta try this. In fact, I've become slap dizzy with inspiration-thank you!

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Jun 26, 2006 3:06 PM

On 2006-06-25 20:22, capotiki wrote:
A couple new statues.

The guy in the middle looks like he just left a bag of flaming dog poop on someone's doorstep and rang the bell. I love it!

C

44 inches tall,a special order birthday present.The only picture that was any good,daylight fading....

C

2 new planters, finding some time to make tiki! Have been spending all spare time on new waterfall, the tiki tree house has been around for a while.

C

these are very cool designs Capo, and nicely finished as well. Good to see more of your
work, nice website too.

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Dec 8, 2006 3:11 AM

Capo, where have you been? The new additions look fantastic!

The waterfall is quite impressive.

Nice

Mahalo

McTiki

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Dec 8, 2006 3:11 AM

[ Edited by: McTiki 2006-12-08 03:12 ]

C

McTiki I have not had much spare time to be creative,with the short daylight hours the schedule has been hectic.My 7 year old grandson lives with me and most nights his mom works so I take care of him.I have made a commitment to myself to do more building.I have made some things but never took the time to post any photos.Thanks to you and conga for the kind words.happy holidays, Capo

[ Edited by: capotiki 2006-12-08 16:22 ]

B

More Sweet Stuff Capo, and i LOVE that tiki/tree house, How cool is that?

U

Capotiki, how thick would you say the average cement is on the tube? From the pictures it looks about 1" with the built up areas about 2". Does that sound about right? I'm trying to make all the notes I can in hopes of doing this next spring. Temp outside right now is 30F. Thanks, Uncrichie.

C

Your estimates are right on,at the base I will add more thickness for stability,good luck Uncrichie.

[ Edited by: capotiki 2006-12-09 18:46 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Sat, Dec 9, 2006 7:06 PM

I think on my seven footer that the walls aren't thicker than a 1/2 inch. And there are never any thicker areas. If there is a small build up, I use the wire to build it up first. Plus to get the cement to stick to the wire, you can't have it too heavy and far from the wire I find. But yours are truly different. I was going through the collection that I posted in the past and your named popped up. I thought wow its been a long time since, and the next day, there you were. Did your Spidey Senses tingle.

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Dec 10, 2006 7:18 AM

MADE OF STONE!! Where have you bean hiding Capo? Nice to see you back mixing the mix. The new guyz look great, as always. How's business going?

-Gman

C

Teakey I always have 2 overlapping layers of wire that holds the mortar well.I have not seen your seven footer! .Gman thanks for the good word,I fell into a position at an oil production field about a year ago ,so tiki work slowed but I seem to sell everything I make,I have 4 last minuet projects going on.happy holidays!

T

Hey Capo! Nice stuff! I especially like the feet on this guy:

And the treehouse in the tiki garden - well that's just over the top! Do you have a tiki bar in the treehouse? (I would ... :wink: make the kids play down the street!)

Nice!

C

Tikigap no tiki bar yet,it has cable tv and a fold out bed that has seen a few napps.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 161 replies