Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Ultimate Tiki Ride and what would you do to it?

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies

On 2006-10-05 17:43, rodeotiki wrote:
That T1 was done using a vinyl stencil , there are pics somewhere on the net showing the process. I will try and find them.

I would love to see that process,

Yikes Kanaka! You might want to figure out how to add rear wheel steering to that, because I don't see how the front wheels will ever touch the ground. :wink: So then you'll need a plexi floor so you can see where you're headed. :)

I have yet to even drive my Willys out on the road, but the previous owner says it pulls the front wheels off the ground easy.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Apr 30, 2007 8:26 PM

'34 Ford woody at the Aussie hot rod nationals this year. Has all the niceties - air con, heater, cruise control etc. and a matching woody teardrop trailer. The trailer fits a full size double mattress for a comfy nights sleep, and a seperate storage compartment out the back. No doubt a TCer would convert the rear into a bar :D Note the colour matched awning - he even has colour matched old wood style deck chairs (not in the photo)

This a VW based buggy from the 70s, originally designed by custom car guru George Barris (Barris also designed the original batmobile and the munsters coach, amongst other move cars). Originally made for the 70s TV show the "bugaloos", this one was restored with a surf/tiki theme and it works well!

Barris also made a couple of surf themed show rods back in the 60s.

H

Heres another sweet tiki ride I just found. Very cool.

Tiki airbrushed on the tank:

Tiki tailight

It even has custom palm tree wheels!

More pics here
http://www.vtwinplus.com/Jan2005/beachcruiser.htm

nicest taillight i´ve ever seen:

On 2007-05-20 23:53, hewey wrote:

Tiki tailight

Indeed. Very cool tiki ride.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Nov 28, 2007 6:32 PM

More surf than straight tiki, but I'm sure people will love this just the same!

That thing is awesome.

Sweet rides, one and all!

La Verandah's fantasy tiki ride would have to be one of those early 1960's convertibles, as long as a tuna boat. Deep gold metallic paint. With white walls and a custom hood ornament of a silver tiki. Tapa-cloth upholstery. Ahhhhh.....

Nice!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

H
hewey posted on Fri, Mar 12, 2010 5:43 PM

This thread has been dormant for a while eh?

These are all campers from Escape Campers in NZ, yes they're all for hire!
http://www.escaperentals.co.nz/

First of all some of the customers pics

And some of the tiki-ish vans

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies