Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

moai decanter~ online & in stock

Pages: 1 2 52 replies

Yippee!!!! I just read this yesterday, got inspired, pulled out the phonebook when I got home, and the tenth liquor store I called had 3, in a store right by my folks' house! The guy working in there cracked up that I wanted them, and was shocked/appalled/amused when I admitted that I would probably be pouring out the contents. He did go for it, though, when I asked for a discount for buying all three, as he admitted everyone bought the normal bottles of Pisco! Imagine that - buying a bottle of Pisco for the PISCO!

Haven't tried the contents yet. Kilikopela (who's buying one of the bottles from me) and I will have a tasting and mixing session soon. I'm not expecting the contents to compare with the exterior, but K can fix a mean cocktail, so here's to hoping.

They are soooo beautiful! (And even better at $21.99, down from $23.99!) So get out your phonebooks, gang - these are so odd to the average American that you can probably find some sitting on shelves in your city, with the owner THRILLED that you want to take them off his hands!

C

I found some in UTAH - of all places - in one of their state liquor stores last month - the stuff inside really is pretty bad - let me know if you catually find something to mix it with that makes it palatable!!!! I haven't seen it here in WI, so I was glad I brought the bottle back from Utah!

Good luck making it taste good!

B

I have yet to open up my Pisco. Here is a recipe mu sister sent me:
Pisco Sour:
Mix 1/2 oz. Pisco
3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
1 oz. simple syrup (3 parts sugar, one part water)(Trader Vic's rock candy syrup?)
1 egg white.
Shakw with ice; strain into a small cocktail glass. Top with Angostura bitters.

J
jtiki posted on Fri, Feb 7, 2003 7:24 AM
T

I actually got one of these decanters as a gift, much to my chagrin. I went through the hassle of having two of the bottles shipped to friends in CA, then shipped to me. (They wouldn't ship to CT, liquor laws and all.) I did it for a big Isla de Pasqua party I had for my wife's family, who are from Chile. I figured I'd impress the hell out of them by having the national drink in "kewl" moai bottles. First guy shows up with an empty bottle in tow as a gift. Doh! Everyone else goes,"Oh yeah, I got one of those too!" Double Doh!!

Oh well, at least they drank all the pisco, and they loved it. It's definitely an acquired taste, like kava, I guess.

[ Edited by: tikigreg on 2003-02-07 15:22 ]

[ Edited by: tikigreg on 2003-02-07 15:23 ]

[ Edited by: tikigreg on 2003-02-07 15:24 ]

Pages: 1 2 52 replies