Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Quality Time with Humu² in So Cal: Sat Nov. 8 -- Purple Orchid?

Pages: 1 2 61 replies

P

Yes, you're in the junk food capital of the world now. If you like Fat Burger wait 'till you try In-N-Out or Tommy's. There is no Tommy's in the South Bay, but there is a good Tommy's immitator called Tom Boy's.

Have a great time at Purple Orchid tonight. I will not be able to join you this time. Hopefully next time.

Tom Boys that's my hang for breakfast!

On 2003-11-08 09:43, PiPhiRho wrote:
There is no Tommy's in the South Bay, but there is a good Tommy's immitator called Tom Boy's.

The best Tommy's still has to be the original Tommy's on Rampart in LA. It's an extremely shady neighborhood but this place has been ther for so long that you get a weird mix of customers. Allot of chollos but also allot of old surfers, as well as allot of people who arew clubbin aroiund LA and decide to stop in for a bite.

Hi
I live in Valencia and we will be going to dinner in Fontana. We would like to make it to the Purple Orchid tonight. I would like to visit with some Tiki Central's,so About what time will any of you be there?

I used to eat at a Tommy's in San Pedro on Pacific Av. I'm pretty sure it was a bonafide Tommy's (or a damn good knock-off). The double chili cheeseburger was da best. Haven't been there in quite a few years. Is it gone now?

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-11-08 13:02 ]

T

I just had a brief chat with Humuhumu.... she is thinking about dinner out, then to Purple Orchid.... specific time not quite worked out, but she mentioned 7-8ish arrival at PO

Check out her post above, you can give her a call, or plan on meeting at Purple Orchid this eve.... she'll be there, I'll be there... just a matter of exactly when!

See ya tonight!

Welcome to town, Humuhumu! Sorry to miss the shenanigans this evening and look forward to seeing you and the whole gang sometime real soon!

-Weird Unc

Great evening at Purple Orchid!

Suicide Sam bailed before the cameras started flashing.... Floratina was hiding behind the lens...

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2003-11-09 11:07 ]

Good Morning
Thanks for letting me invite myself to the table at the purple orchid last night. I had a lot of fun, I got to meet some T.C. members,get some valuble Tiki info, and check out the decor of the bar.

T

On 2003-11-08 09:43, PiPhiRho wrote:
Yes, you're in the junk food capital of the world now. If you like Fat Burger wait 'till you try In-N-Out or Tommy's. There is no Tommy's in the South Bay, but there is a good Tommy's immitator called Tom Boy's.

Don't forget the Apple Pan in West L.A.! In Pasadena there's Lucky Boy, Russell's Famous Hamburgers, Pie and Burger, Hi-Life, and Top's. You'll never enter another McD's or BK again!

Hey if this is becoming a thread on the best bad food around how can we possibly not mention "Roscoe's Chicken and Waffle". What other joint specializes on chicken and waffle, what a combo!!!

Zubies Dry Dock and Las Barcas in H.B.!

I've found that a trip to Ti is not complete without a trip to The Pantry afterwards. Nothing like a stomach full of rum and then a steak with fried toast.

[ Edited by: Maui_Matt on 2003-11-10 01:00 ]

H

More pics! I must apologize, for there are altogether too many photos of, well, unladylike behavior by the drink monkeys at the Purple Orchid.

http://public.fotki.com/Humuhumu/purple_orchid/

Pages: 1 2 61 replies