Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

TiKi tOny's paintings & carvings 11/04

Pages: 1 2 3 104 replies

T

Hey hey Poly pop, The one on the floor was made in Dec. 2003, he started off an Andre Bumatay, then he turned out to be a funky Marquesan. The Moai on top of the sunglasses case is also from Dec. 2003. Those were the last 2 Tikis I carved for the year 2003, and that was basically my first year of serious carving, although my first tiki made was in '98 when I wanted to produce "dash Dieties" hula tikis with LED lights for eyes. It took me 5 years to actually make one though.
Polynesiac, thanks for the props, pirates and tiki is a goOd combo, I wish it was the 3rd combo at In n Out!

hey Tony.......I still want the tiki necklace with the LED eyes.....Mrs. Fury wants to be able to find me in the dark.........did you give mine to Chiki???? Do you still need my Tiki hauler? It's gonna turn 300,000 miles soon .......Back to school?......

Edit: Everyone please be careful.....took my helper to emergency room last week.....almost cut his thumb off with the skilsaw.....kickback.

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2004-02-09 23:40 ]

T

Hey bongo, I meant to tell you that I haden't forgotten about that. I don't have any assembled, because the prototype that I was going to give you broke when I was.... I can't even remember how that tiki broke, but I have all the parts to put in a new one for you. The 70 I made for Cal Tech never even got put together by the Cal Tech assemblers, so there's a drawer in Pasadena with 65 tiki necklaces with hollowed out eyes and no led's. so sad. I was gonna call you on the tiki transporter, I might be calling on you this week! thanks friend.

T

The 8 footers are going to be corner posts in a Palapa. there's 4 altogether. The others went to Sacremento this past weekend to a Wakeboarding shop.

K
Kanaka posted on Tue, Mar 9, 2004 8:17 AM

Once again, They're Grrrreat Tony!!

Kanaka

TT - those carvings are A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
I really dig your style!

B

TikiTony, I been thinkin about lighting up the eyes of some of my tikis. Where did you get the led's and what voltage were they. Do you have any specs you can share? I'll need battery holder, led /socket and an on-off switch. Any help would be great
Thanks brah

T

Hey Benzanator, I sent you an email. I forgot to tell you, no need for battery holder, it takes up too much room, just salder the wires to the battery, just try not to touch the iron to the battery, yikes! I'll post a diagram here when I get the time!

P

Great bar table thingy.

Those big tikis are awesome too.
Got get me some o dat.

Wassup baby boy! Good to talk to ya yesterday. I guess ya been carving away. The tikis are looking sweet. Let's hook up when I get back Choney! Thanks for the tip, I saw the email the day before we spoke.

aloha tony~ any more drawings lately? i still reeeeeeeally want picture #23 with the monkey. (yes, im a dork, i actually counted down the pictures) :)

please let me know if you still have it. i love that monkey!

i also would like to ask you about a bulk necklace order too.....

T

Tikitony did you ever get my email?

T

Hey Tikicleen, I sent you an email. Tiki-Toa, I don't think I got an email from you, try me at [email protected]

T

I forwarded the emails I orginally sent, hope they make it this time.

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Jun 4, 2004 12:58 AM

suuuuweeeet! like da big 8ft tikizillaz!
great job!! I gotta post some pics. It's jus a lot of work. anyways, great job!

T

Tiki toa, finally got it, I probably deleted it because there was no "subject" and I thought it was spam. Gecko, thanks for the props, its nice to have complements from royalty.

T

tony~

i just resent my email to your yahoo account. i hope you get it! :)

(and all this time i thought you were ignoring me)

T

Sent you another email, wondering if you have that certain necklace or can you do another? Mahalo Tony.

Tony, where have you been brah?

Just wanted to say that your mug design for Tabou Tiki is bad ass!

T

Ditto what he said!

Hey Flounder! I've been busy busy, like you. Up at 6am carve tiki necklaces, then off to the beach to teach surfing from 9-4, then if I have the energy, carve, or paint. If all goes as planned, I'll see you in the vendor room at Hukilau. Thanks for that picture, I haven't even seen it yet. I like the artist's rendition, very nice! Feals very wierd though. Hey Tiki toa, I'll get back to you soon!

B

TikiTony Lookin Awful Good. Thanks for taking the time to show us your latest.
See you at HukiLau

O

love that mug design, looks great. your carvings are really looking good as well

[ Edited by: Octane on 2004-07-27 10:13 ]

Great design on that mug - definately one of a kind!

Looks like it's straight out of one of your drawings...cool deal...keep 'em coming TT!

PS - teaching surfing all day? nice gig!

Hey Tony,

Great meeting you at Tiki beach last weekend. These tikis are really the best, How come you only brought a couple to the show?

Really like your line art. These really need to be printed on cocktail napkins. It'd be a "must have" for any self respecting tiki bar owner.

Hey A. Akua, it was nice meeting you too, and all the crazY TCers! I only had time to make what I brought. I still have the 2 8 footers but they're in a store in down town Ventura near the Mission, and I really dislike luggin' those buggas around. I took them to 3 or 4 shows and realized that was enough. I'd be satisfied keeping them, rather than luggin 'em. Cocktail nampkins!!!!..... it's in the works. Lots of BIG stuff in the WORKS!!!!!! for my drawings and paintings! mahalo.

What up Tiki-T,
Howzit cuz? I been wonderin where you been. That mug is looking Killer! Let us all know how we can score one of them. Good to hear your keepin busy this summer. Teaching surf school! dude your working too hard. Good thing school is starting up again soon so you can relax a little. :wink:

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-08-26 17:51 ]

Hey CHongO, .. I'm still waiting for my mug.. But I'll keep you up to date when they all arrive. Yeah, schoo started the monday after LB tiki fest... I'm finished with the masters for now, and working on my credential now. Can't wait to get my own classroom. Over the summer I had 3 apprentice surf school students working on carving tikis... they learn so fast. They're all trying to sell them to their friends now... too funny. Chongo, hope you're going to SF Otto's summer of tiki show opening next month! I'll see you there.

D

Bumpin' up for TikiTony...I really like Birds, Birds...but all of them are such FUN! Very nice Tony!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-11-08 00:47 ]

V

Tony!!! You're the man!!! See you at Cruz.

TikiTony -- the next SHAG..... watch and see.

Hey Tony, I really dig your pen and ink stuff. You are one talented dude.

BUMP FOR TONY!
What do ya guys think about a TiKi tOny series of limited edition hand-pulled serigraphs?

Let us know.

B

I think you would have a great success. Tonys' turning into the Artist of the year!!I only hope that when he finally finishes school and finds a real job, he doesn't quit carving. Maybe Carving could be his real job?

M

tOny's art rOcKs!

T

McDougal, you rock! Did you get my email?

P
Peel posted on Sat, Jan 22, 2005 9:33 AM

Awesome work, I love your ink work

K
kauno posted on Sat, Jan 22, 2005 9:05 PM

TikiTony your work is looking primo man! I was just checking out your website. I'm totally digging the Tabou Tiki mug, are they available yet? Great drawings, awesome stuff!

cant get enoght tiki tony!!!...........so are those mugs available?...and i still need to send ya a photo of the painting the wahine and i bought at hukilau(not on the first page).....also, lemme know what you'd charge to design our wedding invitations (were thinkin mr. and mrs tiki with a blowfish and a couple of yer birdz.......

T

oOps, did you cats get married already? As for the mugs... I was told they'll be available to buy from http://www.taboutikicentral.com but because of shipping costs, I won't be selling them, I don't thik.

Wanted to bump this up to give a public shout of gratitude to Tony.

When I got home from work today there was a Priority Mail shipment waiting for me at my doorstep. Inside the package was this:

That's right folks - an original color drawing. Included with this drawing was another one done in pencil:

I'm really jazzed about this gesture. I really dig Tony's work and am very happy to frame these pieces and put them up on my wall.

I also have a unique piece of original Tiki Tony art that I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to display. Its a pair of sandals that are marked "Fort Lauderdale." What makes this pair of sandals unique is the story behind them.

These sandals were one of a few pairs of sandals handed to us by Humuhumu, our next door neighbor in the "Roach Motel" that a few of us scurried to after being evacuated from the Bahia Cabana because of Hurricane Jeanne. You see, the floors of this place had a sort of "film" on them....

While it rained HEAVILY outside, our group (Tiki Tony, Tiki Diablo, Jungletrader, Bongofury and myself) watched CNN intently for updates on the impending hurricane. Tony drew some unique artwork on the bottom of this particular pair of sandals:

When Tony handed them back to me, I just couldn't bear to walk around on those drawings. So, I put the sandals in my bag and roughed it on that slimey floor barefoot.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT WORK TONY and THANKS FOR YOUR GIFT!

Pick up his work while you can now folks! I'm telling Y'all, Tiki Tony is the next SHAG. Watch and see!

**Poly-Pop ***

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

That's some sweet stuff!

I Love your drawings! I can see your drawings on tee shirts, mugs, towels, surfboards, cards....I really like them alot..

T

aLoha Poly Pop, glad you like it, and thanks for the overly kind words! I totally forgot about those sandals, thanks for posting! Sam Gambino, aloha, you're puttin out some gnarly stuff yourself! Bamboo Princess, very soon we'll be seeing my stuff on all those items!

TG

Tony your stuff is looking "jake" as always....Great artwork. I see you are coming to the Hukilau according to the website. Is that correct? Looking forward to meeting you and alot of the other carvers on here as well. It'll be fun I'm sure...

G.

T

its probably a good thing that I don't have Tiki Tony foot wear. My sandles are the number one target for my cat's scratching fetish. Declawed in two weeks :)

In two weeks then yes indeeded. NIke is doing a lot of artist shoes. Man wouldn't that be cool.

T

Too sweet. Your stuff is always great...

Hry Tiki Tony. Will we be seeing you at Hukilau this year? Hope so.

Pages: 1 2 3 104 replies